ReferralCandy

Write a Review!
get more sales through word of mouth referrals

4.5/5

• Industry: Media Production
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Excellent Automated Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 8/11/2018

It’s a staple of our Shopify-based ecommerce store.

It’s a staple of our Shopify-based ecommerce store.

Pros

Referral Candy works. We use it as a part of our Shopify store, and we’ve had success with it. About 3% of our monthly sales are generated via Referral Candy. The interface is easy to use, and the constantly make improvements, month to month. We essentially set it up, and review it once every four months — we love how little administration we need to do.

Cons

We’ve seen other referral programs offer a “stage-based” referral incentive (eg if you refer 5 or 10 people you get a special Gift). I wish Referral Candy offered this. Additionally, there are automatic “share” buttons that are easy to include for customers associated with Facebook and Twitter. I wish they had the ability for us to program sharing via WhatsApp. Finally, it appears the price has increased for ge software, which is not ideal

Amanda
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used for Free Trial

Customer Support is Great

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

Pros

Being completely new to this type of software and having some difficulty setting it up, I was relieved to be able to have a virtual meeting with a real live person to hash out any roadblocks. Customer support was great!

Cons

I wish there was a direct integration with Moonclerk so that a coupon could be automatically applied to a checkout form via the ReferralCandy link. Additionally, it is disappointing that the advocates cannot have a credit automatically applied to their Moonclerk account, and that we have to manually send their rewards. Overall it provides less automation that I expected, and leaves a lot to be desired.

Tapfiliate

Reasons for Switching to ReferralCandy

Tapfiliate seemed to be more geared towards Affiliate Marketing -- for bloggers and influencers who would want to have a dashboard to log in to check on their rewards with multiple different companies. We are more interested in friends referring their friends, which ReferralCandy seemed perfect for.
Jason
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Specific review to address excellent customer service by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reviewed on 4/05/2020

Haven't started using it yet. But I think our loyal customers will help us spread the word about us and help grow our database.

Pros

The program is relatively easy to set up and get started.
However, don't rush make ourself know with the consequences of certain settings.

Cons

Although the software is relatively straightforward, I had many questions about reward setting and other areas of the software. Only once you get really deep into the software certain consequences become clear or start raising questions. I think the reward setting page could be more clear.
If you want I am willing to give you more detailed information and input.

I think it would help to add a calculation model feature that can be used to simulate what cost/benefit a certain reward will have. Ie. what does a reward cost and what is the benefit.
I made this in Excel now, and it was really useful.

I have had frequent contact with your customer service officer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Her help has been very friendly, fast and accurate. In my opinion she's doing a great job!

Steven

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Reviewed on 6/03/2024

Pros

The customer support and the ability to generate more customers from existing customers

Cons

nothing everything is fine. All good, nothing

Julia

[sensitive content hidden] has helped me through every way!

Reviewed on 10/08/2023

[sensitive content hidden] has been nothing but a positive and welcoming face for our marketing team who work with her! Every time I have a call or a message exchange with [sensitive content hidden], she is a constant ray of sunshine and joy which is so refreshing to see especially when you are stuck in the UK which has 0 sun!She helped us with every query we have had and included step by step instructions on how to achieve the goals we are looking for as well as checking back in on us and our ReferralCandy progress!

Pros

Easy to set up, works great for looking into influencer referrals and how many sales they are bringing in!Easy paypal process for commission to be paid too

Cons

wish there was a tab that would show you who you have personally invited to the referralcandy programme as influencers - i understand i can export the customer list and then filter through however i think having a special tab for those influencer emails you have manually added will help a lot of peo[le using referralcandy for influencer affiliate programmes!

Nana
  • Industry: Cosmetics

super servicce

Reviewed on 21/03/2024

I think it is good,now it is working -it took some time, but now the future will tell, if it make sense to use in my business.

Pros

It took me some time to set it up, as it didn't work well with my Klayvio integration. But now it is working an referral is made.

Cons

The service Jessa gave, to help me get it implemented.

Sean
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Great Service

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Pros

The support team are very understanding and offers great support whenever needed.

Cons

It would be great if the content seen by our customers had more options to edit.

Alonzo
Alonzo

helpful and easy so far

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

quick and responsive chat, unlike Refersion which has had long lag times before replies.

Pros

For [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]: "You've been great and very helpful. I actually currently have an active trial going with Refersion, but it's been terribly frustrating, very unclear and complicated on the setup so that's why I jumped to Referralcandy. Still in the initial stages of setup and yet to be determined, but it's looking good for Referralcandy so far..."

Cons

it's still a bit complicated to set up, but simpler than refersion so far and the help chat people are very quick and responsive.

Camilo

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

Pros

Good support and clear documentation as well as a good product.

Cons

There is nothing to add here since until now no things to dislike.

Jamie
  • Industry: Design

Customer Service

Reviewed on 30/11/2023

As a brand new user, it's been good so far!

As a brand new user, it's been good so far!

Pros

I am just starting to use this app and had some questions. I love how quickly I get chat responses and most recently the assistance from [sensitive content hidden] was above and beyond. She helped answer all my questions and even edited a product photo for me so that it met the size requirements for the app.

Cons

As a brand new user, it's too early for me to say.

Francesca

A software to grow your business thanks to your own customers

Reviewed on 16/02/2022

Pros

What I like the most about ReferralCandy is that it makes the business grow while making the customers happy, and their friends too! It let this happen through a handful of contents that are partially customizable, and all the rewards to the advocates and their friends are sent out automatically, asking no more effort than to choose which are the discounts that you want to give to the customers, and what are the rules that make the discounts applicable (for example the minimum order value).
Plus, the support team is very quick and helpful in answering doubts and questions and giving useful tips to make the most of this software! :)

Cons

I would say that the things I liked least about ReferralCandy are:
- that I am not able to deeply customize the contents through the HTML exposed
- that I am not able to understand how the contents performs singularly (for example how many links are shared from the post-purchase pop-up, or through the first email, the reminder email and so on)

Functional and Gracefully Simple

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

We needed a simple referral system we could activate to increase our acquisition. Most platforms on the market have affiliate marketing capabilities that we didn't need and their pricing scaled along with that. ReferralCandy offered a simple referral system that matched our requirements in an easy to manage package with a lot of thoughtful features that could get anyone's referral program up and running quickly.

Pros

The software is functionally operational from day 1. It has the core features of a referral program and common access points for integration. Their system is open enough to allow for additional tinkering to adapt it to your system but it you can hit the ground running.

Cons

The ways of accessing information on users enrolled to the referral programs and analytics needs more granular control. Its virtually impossible to manage and migrate large amounts of data in an efficient manner. As such, it may be difficult to use the product to scale but their customer support and development team maintained comms with us so we were able to eventually solve the issues but there were many compromises.

Jessi
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

It does the bare minimum

Reviewed on 24/08/2022

Fine!

Fine!

Pros

Simple to use and navigate. Can search customers in the backend easily.

Cons

Tracking is not efficient. Wish there were more referral/ ways to earn rewards capabilities. Does not integrate with Shopify well. Customers can't stack rewards. They can only use 1 code per order.

Tyler

Great Addition To Our Site

Reviewed on 7/04/2021

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a wonderful support to us over the years.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a wonderful support to us over the years.

Pros

We have used Referral Candy for a number of years. It is easy to install and has been a great eCommerce offering to have available.

Cons

There wasn't really anything! We are no longer using this as we have a loyalty program.

Madison

Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 6/10/2022

Pros

They have wonderful customer support available to answer any questions I may have, which can be hard to find these days. In particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has provided top-notch customer support! She is kind, helpful, and always has a quick response time. I'm truly impressed :)

Cons

Not as sophisticated as other options, but great for the price point

kiril
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

very easy to use, our customers love it

Reviewed on 8/04/2021

great, customer service is top notch and solves anything that ever comes up which is usually never

Pros

ease of use, great customer service, affordable for a small business

Cons

nothing really, didn't dislike anything

Michel
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Flexible, easy to setup, great support

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

Pros

Setup was painless, it's quite flexible in how you implement the referral system and support has been sublime. Rep was great in helping setup the program and was very responsive the whole way through. The free trial is generous and has no restrictions, so you could test all you want before deciding to pay.

Cons

While setup was easy, it did take a while to verify before we could implement.

Smile.io and Viral Loops
Belinda

Overall review

Reviewed on 15/08/2020

Pros

This product is very easy to use, and integrate.

Cons

It charges commission except the cash rewards, which costs much more than other similar software.

Kelsey

Great software

Reviewed on 9/03/2020

We wanted to engage our customers and let them easily engage their friends. Referral marketing has been on our list for 2020 and with Referral Candy it's been really easy to do.

Pros

ReferralCandy was so easy and quick to set up, i think it was live on our site within a week. We've already seen great results and customers engaging. The dashboard easily displays results so i can report on it quickly, which is essential! Support is always so good, really easy with the online chat, i spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] today and she resolved my issue and made some suggestions which were so helpful!

Cons

We've been using ReferralCandy for a few months now and i've not come across anything that doesn't work.

Yarra
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 28/08/2020

The benefits of ReferralCandy have been an easy to understand dashboard to track and reward referrers to our website.

Pros

Ease of use is what I like most about Referral Candy.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this software.

Nathan

Good customer support

Reviewed on 27/02/2023

[sensitive content hidden] was very helpful and quick handling my support request

Pros

Easy to set up and start using(I'm adding this to surpass the minimum character requirements. You all shouldn't require so many items in a review. Take what you can get, leave everything optional. The minimum character limit is silly and made me want to stop submitting this application.)

Cons

Our business wanted to run multiple different campaigns with different branding, and slightly different rewards. We have to maintain multiple different accounts and manage which account we use with our custom web application in order to make this work. It would be better if we could house and use multiple different campaigns together in a single account.

Susana

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] is awesome

Reviewed on 9/06/2022

Pros

Support is quick when needed. [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
is awesome in getting my customers and I help.

Cons

We'd love more ways to identify fraud but all in all, we really love referral candy

Erin
  • Industry: Food Production

Easy option for customer referrals, but limited use otherwise.

Reviewed on 14/10/2022

Generally positive, they seem to have updated their look and features.

Generally positive, they seem to have updated their look and features.

Pros

Generates codes for our customers based on referrals, incentivizes customers to share their experience with our product.

Cons

Doesn't enable us to see current rewards a customer might have (to my knowledge). Our customers don't also don't tend to engage with it often except for a few brand ambassadors.

James

Great support - going above and beyond

Reviewed on 1/05/2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the support team has been great for advice and help.

Pros

The ease of setup and advice on advanced featured.

Cons

No way to have multiple programs connected to one Shopify installation.

Anna
Anna
  • Used for 6-12 months

Great for Start Ups

Reviewed on 19/07/2021

Pros

ReferralCandy was great for our start up company because it was fairly "set it and forget it" in terms of ease of use. We were able to set up the referral link and any time someone purchased using the referral link we had an automated system set up to reward the referrer. It was a great way to promote brand interest among past customers who wanted to share our product and be rewarded!

Cons

The only con for our company was the scarcity with which ReferralCandy was utilized. I'm not sure if it had to do with lack of our company's promoting the opportunity or having to go through a third party, but we always saw more participation in using coupon codes than we did in using referral codes.