4.7
4.6
4.6
Dan B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

ServiceM8 - The best little piece of software ever.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

After decades of experience implementing various business information systems, I have never before had such pleasure working with such a fine product. ServiceM8 is not only exceptionally easy to use, the depth of functionality if mind boggling. The team at ServiceM8 have re-defined job costing and the ability to monitor job profitability. The average trades person is able to instantly review how job profitability is tracking without obtaining a degree in Accounting, nor spend hours late into the evening crunching numbers. As a Certified Public Accountant, I feel "Job Profitability" as calculated by ServiceM8 is more accurate than most small business accounting systems and definitely completely understandable by the average trades person.

Only a bean counter would talk about job costing first ! Job Documentation is easy, accessible, and comprehensive. Every important aspect of a job is literally instantly captured, organised on that specific job, under a client/site code and stored in the cloud for immediate, forever access by your office team, co-workers, or yourself when you need to recall it years from now. Documentation 'happens' with a few simple clicks on your iPhone - even while you're on the tools. How would a bean counter know - because I spend as much time on my tools as on the keyboard - just ask me about my Festools ! As a real life example - ServiceM8 job documentation was presented to an enormous international product supplier after my claim of product failure while the company claimed user fault. That product has now been removed from the market - worldwide and that company is providing complete support following their failure. What is job documentation - photos, notes, check lists, forms, documents, tracking/co-ordination of sub-contractors and virtually anything you can upload.

Quoting and invoicing a job is easier, better, and faster than any accounting system we've reviewed. We're not suggesting the elimination of the accounting system - it's still a necessary team member - just front end the accounting system with seamless - almost magical direct integration.

And of course scheduling click click, drag - drop .... need I say more?

Pros

Job Documentation. Efficiently created - conveniently organised - instantly accessible now and forever.

The ServiceM8 "job" can house virtually everything which should be stored away about a job - The documentation can and should include everything from inception to completion - and everything in between. The owner of one of our clients commented "If you were here yesterday - you would have saved me $5,000". Had a simple photo of the site been stored against the job BEFORE starting work, his team could not have been blamed for pre-existing damage.

During the job, plans, quotes, drawings, product information, permits, health and safety forms can all be just a click away for reference. Communications with the customer - all recorded on the job - No more "I didn't receive that" ...... well someone opened the email at a documented time and date .... who might that have been ?

Job Completion - nothing better than a photo - stored away safely in the ServiceM8 cloud.

Most trades rely upon sub-contractor. Get a quote, send task lists, required contracts/documents by the sub-contractor - All via your ServiceM8 account with or without you sub contractor using a ServiceM8 account. All of the sub-contracted work is documented within the job.

Cons

Purchase Orders. We need the ability to accommodate the trades person who calls into the trade shop on the way to a job site for necessary job materials. I'd like to see the ability to snap a photo of the purchase order, store the transaction against the job, capture transaction details via OCR, post the transactions to the job, and pass the pending transaction to the integrated accounting system.

This is not necessarily a 'con' - it something additional that I feel should be there to expand the functionality - Wish list stuff - With a development team like the crew at ServiceM8 - there is absolutely no doubt in my mind they'll deliver - more than likely something even better than my concept.

Small Service Business Gold

Reviewed on 2/08/2018

I have ServiceM8 open right now, and do most days. This is simply the best deal for the money. Period.

Pros

I've tried multiple platforms for my small handyman/remodeling company. ServiceM8 is by far the best value for the money. Easy to use, Easy to setup and it integrates with QuickBooks. I use it every day and could not imagine keeping up with clients, contractors and jobs without it.

Cons

Only con -- it only works on Mac/IOs platforms. I completely understand why they've made this decision, but it is limiting. It's also feature-lite, if you need something beefy this may not be for you, but for a small business that only needs the basics, it's without equal.

Alison C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Superb Small business software for Scheduling

Reviewed on 23/06/2016

Simple to use and schedule installers whilst capturing customer communications. I use this software in 2 small business operating in New Zealand construction industry and it works well in both. 1 integrated with Xero...this works well. 1 is not integrated to accounting for complexity of pricing reasons...but one day, I will reconfigure our pricing so I can.
Overall, excellent software especially when you can design new processes to ensure users can populate the information and view what they need to see in a timely fashion.

Pros

Especially powerful is the remote users...managers and installers accessing and updating information from iPhones and iPads.
We capture on-site photos.
We capture on-site Hazard ID information and customer sign-off for quality.

Cons

no App for Androids. We have contract installers and persuading them to ditch their Samsung for an iPhone hasn't worked. (We synch with Google Calendars for them.)

Sig H.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Horrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 29/01/2020

Very frustrating!

Pros

Our franchise likes the product. I registered prior to them getting the franchise edition. I'm on the franchise edition and the single subscription. They have ServiceM8 has been double dipping on me since Oct. I've called emailed, chatted and they will not cancel nor would they direct me on how to cancel my single subscription. At least not until yesterday January 28, 2020. Oh but before I could cancel today they billed me again.

Cons

Horrible customer service when it comes to trying to cancel service. No one in chat or by email or phone knows how to cancel their service. I've been reaching out to cancel since Oct. I finally got through to someone yesterday that walked me through settings and said to click the red button. I said what red button? I'm a mobile user and have never used a PC with app. Was told to login that way and cancel. However before I was able to login today I was billed for another month of service. Cannot report them to the BBB as they are located in Australia -

Response from ServiceM8

Hi Sig H.

We're sorry to hear of this experience you've had with ServiceM8.

For security reasons we can't cancel an account on a customer's behalf; it must be done by you through the secure and structured account cancellation process. We do have a public "How to cancel my account?" article in our Help Centre (https://support.servicem8.com/hc/en-us), but it's clear we let you down in our interactions if we didn't clearly explain the process from the start, direct you toward the help article, and clarify that an account can only be cancelled through the Online Dashboard login, and for this we apologize.

If you haven't done so already, please send us an email at [email protected] referencing your cancelled account and we'll be happy to see what we can do about refunding some of these subscription fees.

All the best,
The ServiceM8 Team

Erik R.

Amazing service software

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Um well I am in the pressure washing - gutter cleaning business and needed a software to keep track of customers, have 2 way sync with quick books online and easy scheduling. I tried literally probably 100 crms before I settled on service m8. It was a perfect balance of amazing features but a good cost

Pros

iOS contact integration
Qbo 2 way sync
Stripe online payments
Google? Auto fill for address!
Schedule can export to google or Apple calendars
Automated messages sent
Ability to store files to customers
Pay per job created
Auto check into job and tells you when to leave to get there on time

Also great integrations with mail chimp and other softwares
So many good things yet not perfect

Cons

I wish it had or could change the following:
Better customer organization And ability to tag customers.
Better check In check out feature because often I forget...
The job contact/ billing contact is wonky. Seems like I enter a new job and it shows up as job contact but not billing. It's just confusing
Better system to map customer routes and book jobs. You currently can see your customers in a map view but would be nice to be able to do something with it.
Automated messages should automatically be able to go out after job completion to ask for reviews ect

Be more consistent with how clients show up in list - sometimes it client will come up Last name, first name and sometimes first name last name.

No ability to add mobile number from mobile app.

Ian A.

ServiceM8 is Gold

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

We have been using ServiceM8 for a couple of years, we find the intergrated system very useful and time saving, the ability to communicate with our clients on multiply uses within ServiceM8 has meant speedy outcomes and happy clients. The database means we can easily check client history and be proactive to repeat business engagement. The instantaneous connection to staff schedules via the mobile app means less chance of client error occuring. The pay as you go means there is minimal wastage on features that may not be relevant to our requirements.

Pros

with little training staff easily use and adapt to ServiceM8; the ability to check on staff locations; ability to submit a quote quickly has impressed clients.

Cons

limited ability to have common quote templates; difficulty in quick history checks on job numbers needing to enter multiple job cards to find the right one ( need the ability to add a discriptor). this also applies to multiple quotes on a job card ( require to send multiple emails to differentiate between quotes using the "Subject" line)
Is only available on IOS platform.

Paul A.

Service M8, my hero!

Reviewed on 18/03/2017

Help me!

Service M8 is my only hope!

I am a large, robust, and intimidating man, so I am told. However, when it comes to Field Service Software, I am very much the quintessential damsel in distress.

I have tried Fleetmatics, Mhelpdesk, Servicebridge, FieldProMax, FSM by Corrigo, and a few others with no success, with nothing to show for it, but less hair on my head and elevated cortisol and blood pressure!

Service M8 has been a godsend for a tiny company such as mine. The software has yet to have any hiccups, and while it doesn't have every single, nit-picky, feature I would like, it does have all the features I need for pennies on the dollar compared to the others.

Something also has to be said about the support from SM8! I am more and more impressed with the level of support provided by Service M8. Whenever I get stuck on something, a simple five minute chat online at anytime of any day results in a solved issue! They have yet to fail to point me in the right direction, or flat out resolve my issue in no time at all. 24/7 click help and at the bottom of the help center screen there is a chat window that is always manned by a courteous and knowledgeable rep, ready to go, and they get you answers!

I liked the software so much, that I, being an avid Android user that has never been of fan of iOS and Apple, made the switch to iOS because Service M8 is strictly available on iOS for the mobile portion, and I have never made a better decision!

It just works! No headaches, no crazy glitches, no blood, no sweat, no tears, except tears of joy as I complete by service calls, invoice my customers, and get paid!

Obi-Wan-Kenobi should take lessons from Service M8!

If you enjoyed my review, click on this link to check them out. Service M8 gives credit for referrals, and it would help me out a bit, but don't let it influence your decision because the credits is not the reason I did the review. I did the review because Service M8 deserves a great big pat on the back, and I believe in given credit where credit is due!!!

Pros

It works! It is simple and easy to use. The support is super stellar!!

Cons

iOS only, no equipment tracking.

David Y.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

ServiceM8 is very good we have used it for years and have recomended it to other trades. We were using paper and phone calls for job dispatch before we started using servicem8. We understood business and new how to run efficiently so we were only prepared to choose a system that enhanced our ability and not overcomplicate matters. We chose it over several other field service software providers, and we havent looked back.

Pros

it is very easy to use, it is extreamly cost effective. It is powerful. it is easy to make it work the way that suits your individual needs. Field staff use it instinctivly with very little training generally half an hour and in some cases staff just start using it with almost no training and just the odd question now and then. Our customers are impressed with how professional a tradesman in the field can be using serviceM8 on the iphone, especially when they get emailed the invoice while we are still on site.

Cons

there is no specific parts of servicem8 that we dont like.

Paul T.

ServiceM8 Critique

Reviewed on 12/08/2016

Introduced to ServiceM8 by a fellow contractor about 2 years ago. Once we understood how it worked, we have never looked back. Changed for the better the way we used to issue quotes and invoices

Pros

Convenience of being able to issue quotes and invoices immediately when on site
Time saving as no longer have to spend hours after work writing up invoices and quotes
Great job scheduling/dispatch and reminders
Relatively easy to use even for a tech dunderhead like me
Good monthly analysis tools
Very reasonable and fair pricing schedule based on user pays principles
Fantastic "Help" people on the other end of the phone when needed

Cons

Having to pass on credit card fees is a negative for many customers but we realise this is most likely not a ServiceM8 charge but greedy banks screwing all of us all the time

Hamlet J.

Best CRM for Startup Companies

Reviewed on 10/02/2017

When we started our company back in 2014, I researched for a CRM for a span of 4 months. I was looking and searching almost daily, for hours at a time. Tested a lot of the CRMs, and by far, ServiceM8 was the top choice.

ServiceM8 is great out of the box, but has many useful add-ons that are both useful and easy to add.

The cost is very economical, especially in those first few months/years when you don't have that much biz coming in. You get charge only 50 cents per job, but the first 20 jobs are free! This is amazing for a startup.

The GUI is very user friendly, slick, modern, and it works.

They have an iPhone and an iPad app.

They allow for a lot of customization.

They have so many features that I suggest you simply go to their website to take a look. We're staying with this company long term and are so happy that we found them.

Pros

easy, modern, ios app, functional, so much more.

Cons

for non ios users, they won't be able to use the app.

Graham S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Terrific app

Reviewed on 12/08/2016

ServiceM8 has helped us organise our work. We have become much better at organising our limited resources, our response times are shorter, our record keeping is better and we present a more professional image to our customers, suppliers and staff.

Pros

The dispatch board. Improved record keeping for clients and jobs. Staff scheduling and tracking. organising of work.

Cons

Not being able to edit job times.

Response from ServiceM8

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your review! Good news, it's possible to edit job times as of the March 2016 release. Check out this help article for how - https://support.servicem8.com/hc/en-us/articles/208183176-How-to-Edit-Check-In-Data

Cheers,

Darren

Jennifer M.

Great experience

Reviewed on 25/05/2017

So nice to use out in the filed from your cell phone or iPad. That has been a real time saver for us. Great scheduling tool and super easy to use.

Pros

SM8 is very easy to set up and use. Their customer service is great. They respond quickly. I like that they have resources set up for you to refer to if you have any questions or need a refresher on something. The on-line booking request is a great feature for us. One of my favorite features is the job diary that keeps record of all the emails and text, anything pertaining to that job. This is very helpful in our industry.

Cons

It would be very helpful for us if you could export info in to Excel by line item rather than just by the invoice total. We service multiple pieces of equipment at one site. Would like a better way to track those rather than setting each piece of equipment as a site. Also if it would recognize and save email addresses so you didn't have to re-type them in every time. That would be a real time saver. It would be nice if you could customize the software a little more, even if it was for a reasonable fee. Overall I think SM8 has done a great job.

Luke A.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great app (if you exclusively use Apple based products)

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

One of our warranty companies switched to this app and required us to switch our existing Android based infrastructure to Apple. We went as far as to purchase iPads and iPhones for most of our workforce and the warranty company dropped the app. This was not the fault of ServiceM8, but the warranty company. If they offered the program on Android, I would recommend this app to all of our business partners due to it's streamlined interface and design.

Pros

The app was fairly easy to navigate and data input was lightning quick. Most information was easy to locate and edit for warranty repair service jobs.

Cons

The fact that this app was ONLY available on Apple products is a deal breaker for our company. We have 30+ technicians operating in the field and provide them with Android based phones due to the lower overall cost and availability of military grade/nearly indestructible phones. When a technician breaks a phone, we can replace for a minimal investment. We refuse to outfit everyone with iPhones at an average cost of $700+ per new phone when we can get similar phone and app functions for a fraction of the cost ($100). In an office environment, where phones are kept safer... this app may work wonders for them.

Briana C.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Perfect for our needs

Reviewed on 14/03/2019

We've already seen an improvement in job tracking. If a technician can't make it to a job on time we see that happening in real time and can reschedule with the customer and they never feel like they've been forgotten about. We've also seen improvements in scheduling and timesheet tracking. We do much less double booking and it's easy to fix if a tech forgets to clock out before leaving for the day. Overall we've loved how well it works in helping us to do our jobs better and take care of our customers.

Pros

The ease of use. The interface is very intuitive and easy to see things at a glance. Extremely easy to get our field technicians trained on it and they loved it the same day. A vast improvement over the old software we were using.

Cons

Two things I'd like to see improved about this software and then I don't think there'd be anything I don't like. I'd like to see a GPS timestamp of where our field techs are when they clock in and out of a job. Second I'd love if the job number from servicem8 did not overwrite my existing invoice number sequence in quickbooks but I'm not sure that's a quickbooks problem or a servicem8 problem.

Lesley B.

Easy, Efficient Software

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

We have been using Service M8 for approx 3 years now and have found it to be an easy to use program. Can access what you need quickly and has a great link to MYOB for accounting.

Pros

Easy to use both from office and on the road. Our plumbers can enter all details we require and upload photos etc.

Cons

Small annoying matter when you type in a misspelt name, does not look for options, but will tell you name not found.

Damien H.

Greate software for the trade

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Servicem8 has given me the ability to manage my jobs in an environment where we have a high volume of jobs, in various status, at any one time.

Pros

It gives us the ability to keep a full history of our jobs, including notes, photos, quotes and invoicing. It intergrates seamlessly into Xero for financials

Cons

There are a few features missing that would be really useful for my business.

Matt P.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Excellent scheduling tool and more

Reviewed on 12/08/2016

We use service m8 to co ordinate 4 vans on a daily basis. It is great for looking back at photos and notes of previous jobs.
Telling you when to leave to get to a job in time is also a great feature.

Cons

search function. for example : searching for a client that starts with Port, it will bring up transport or porter at the top rather than companies that name is port macquarie mechanical

Edward P.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Service M8 Rewiew

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Self employed Electrician, with the ability to bill from the job it results in all your time at the job being charged to the job instead of spending time billing at night, and forgetting parts of the job itself.

Pros

Being parked in the cloud means no hardware headaches you can use it from (almost) any device.
Android would be a nice option to have.

Cons

Ability to create a purchase order from your parts would by nice.

Peter G.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Business Benefits

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

ServiceM8 saves us time with invoice preparation and tracking, we didn't have to engage a new admin staff member when our business expanded, benefiting our bottom line. Work flows through our office into the factory and onto installation teams or packing staff with ease.

Pros

The ease of use, integration with accounting software (saves hours of invoice preparation), the cost per job and no upfront purchase of the software.

Cons

Invoice issues - no preview of invoices before they are produced, no Job total value on invoices so customers can track their payment history.

Chris V.

Life savers

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Since we introduce servicem8 to our business we have seen a major improvements with our on site staff and it has made the office work that much easier

Pros

We can view previous jobs and pass on vital imformation throughout the company

Cons

The charges for using Stripe, feel they are to expensive

Response from ServiceM8

Thanks Chris!

Mark T.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Excellent system with great service back up

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

From the start this sustem has helped us run our business be more effective and profitable with easy to use features.

Pros

Only charging per job after the first 20 makes it more cost effective.

The features are all easy to use from the office staff to the engineers on the road.

Great customer help nothing if ever too much trouble.

Integration with QBO is a key feature for us making the business more streamlined.

Cons

Pity they are not UK based but you can't have everything I suppose!

Kirk M.

Making life easier by working smarter not harder

Reviewed on 11/09/2016

Every question asked has been answered effectively promptly and efficiently to keep us up and going and getting the best that is on offer with this product

Pros

It pretty much covers everything to do with liaising with and getting your jobs done for your customers. Including knowing where everyone is at anytime.

Wade R.

Great Software

Reviewed on 14/08/2016

Second company that I have started- and have been using servicem8 with both. Keeps all info for jobs in one place- makes team communication a breeze as other members can see job stags with images

Pros

Cons

Would really like to be able to use the app on andriod

Joe W.

ServiceGr8

Reviewed on 4/11/2016

Servicem8 has helped us streamline most of our business processes. It has enabled us to operate from fewer applications by encompassing everything we need to operate our business efficiently. Its easy to use, gives great live up to date notifications on job progress and enables us to time manage with great accuracy.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

There are some features I would like implementing but we are working with Servicem8 staff to help us achieve this.

Tristan M.

Best app for service based business

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

I've been using service mate for nearly 18 months now and it's ease of use and automation is incredible. Also if the app is missing something. You have the opertunity to voice your suggestions and the developers work on making it a reality.

Pros

The SMS messaging service is great because I can quickly and easily send an automated booking confirmation or let some one know I'm running late the possibilities are endless.