Sage 50cloud

Cloud-connected accounting solution for small business

3.7 /5 (240 reviews) Write a Review!
3.7
3.4
3.6
3.7
3.3
Tonette P.
  • Industry: Accounting

Peachtree makes it easy for you!

Reviewed on 1/08/2018

Love this product. My favorite.

Pros

Being able to change items past and easy function for doing so. Very easy to setup g/l. I like being able to modify reports at ease. Would highly recommend this product. Bank reconciliation is also a breeze.

Cons

Very little would I change maybe making the product cheaper. When you enter timesheets and have a change after you have updated - you cannot just delete the line from weekly timesheets you have to go to the list and select line and delete. Doing it on the weekly timesheet entry leaves zeros if you just delete the line.

John D.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

User Friendly Accounting Software.

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

All in all, a much better product than I have used at other companies. Would recommend Sage 50 to friends and family.

Pros

Very user friendly and dependable. Was able to transfer 3 entities using an updated chart of accounts. Have saved hours every month with the assistance of their bank reconciliation set up. Month end closing has been accelerated.

Cons

Report function seems weak. Not able to create the desired reports with ease. Have not used customer support but a few times and have found quite a long wait.

Alexandra S.

One of the BEST softwares I've worked with!

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

Pros

My time with Sage was short but sweet. When I first worked on it I had never used it before and was very unfamiliar with it. Once I used it for a couple of days and got some stuff explained, I was able to grasp it and fully efficient!

Cons

The only issue I ran into while the time I worked with it, was the updates and back-ups. Once I backed up the information and it erased EVERYTHING. Thank goodness I had a back up drive from months earlier. It was a big fallout for us!

Leah R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Good software for a professional.

Reviewed on 24/12/2018

Pros

Sage is a great software if you know what you're doing and are working with accounting clients on a regular basis. It allows you to have multiple clients that can be set-up differently, with different templates, finance charges, etc. Reports work well and the double-checking capabilities are thorough. Unlike QB, certain entries cannot be deleted, but must be backed out. This is preferred for accuracy and accountability, at least for me.

Cons

As it is good for professionals, I think the learning curve would be hard for a small business owner with no prior experience.

Amanda E.
  • Industry: Farming

User-friendly, functional, great support

Reviewed on 21/09/2016

Pros

We use the reporting features of the software quite frequently and find them very valuable. When wanting to upgrade our product and support plan to add functionality, the service and tech support were very helpful.

Cons

I wish the cloud functionalities of Sage Drive were more versatile, and you could have at least 2 users working on it at the same time, rather than having one user as read-only. The reports could be more customizable, we could really use a report that shows our inventory by location. Also, I wish there was more to the customer function, allowing for Business Day-to-Day, Financials and Customer Relationship Management all in the Sage Program.

Brandy B.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

A program for any size company

Reviewed on 3/10/2016

I am the manager of a small business. When I started we just used the program for payroll. Now we have moved to writing payment checks with it, receiving payments, managing monthly and yearly budgets, etc. BUT what really strikes me as phenomenal about the program is how I went from knowing nothing about accounting programs to actually being able to efficiently use one for daily work tasks. It's been a great asset to our company and it didn't break the bank!

Pros

Versatility

Cons

Hard to navigate as a beginner

Andrea N.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organisation

Sage 50. Quite complicated

Reviewed on 1/08/2018

Apparently to complicated compair to xero. Will be using both for a while will let you know which is the better one.

Pros

Using it for over 10 years now but changing over to xero now which will save me a lot of time. . Now it’s easy to change journal entries when a mistake happens. I like the listing of both customers and suppliers.

Cons

With every sage update they change things around ie buttons are now at the top left side instead of at the bottom

Idowu S.
  • Industry: Accounting

It is a good software for the small to medium size businesses whosr transactions involve...

Reviewed on 11/05/2018

Pros

Very good software when it comes to dealing with general ledger type of transactions. The budgeting module is particularly good by displaying variances and allowing you to drill down the actual transactions from the same screen.

Cons

The developers should attempt to migrate this to an ERP to make it more functional. The shortcomings in inventory documentation will be easy to overcome.

• Used Other for 2+ years

Great product, but you have to know how to use it

Reviewed on 23/12/2018

I consult with small businesses and some of my clients use/used Sage 50. My Sage 50 clients work in services, merchandise (drop shipping), transportation, and manufacturing. Sage 50 is a great software, but from what I've seen it takes a while to learn.

Pros

I'm a CPA and small business consultant. I have worked with some clients that use/used Sage 50. Sage 50 has a lot of good accounting functionality and makes it possible to record transactions and review reports, which is what an accounting software should do.

Cons

My main complaint about Sage 50 is the lack of documentation/support. I've used and recommend QuickBooks frequently because QuickBooks has easy to access phone/chat/online support and there are tutorials all over the web. I wish Sage 50 had more support like QuickBooks.

Elein V.

Longtime business user

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

It keeps us extremely organized and our data is easy to sort and analyze.

Pros

It is extremely user friendly. It has a lot of features that prevent double entries and create an audit trail.

Cons

There are a few screens that I would like to print that do not offer that feature. Otherwise the reporting is excellent and the exporting to Excel and pdfs is more than enough.

Victor O.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Efficient and rich in tools

Reviewed on 12/04/2018

Pros

Sage 50 is quite easy to use
The Graphic User Interface is friendly easy to use especially for a new user.
The New Company Wizard does a very good job in anticipating almost all possible accounts in the charts of account.
The report are easy and straight forward to access.
The fact that I can post a transaction in more than a single way is a plus. for example if a transaction takes place in my absence I can easily post the transaction on arrival with Cash register; that flexibility is very important for me.
The backup reminder feature is noteworthy.

Cons

From my experience, using peachtree with another currency aside the US dollar is unnecessarily not easy.
The fact that in most cases i have to export my reports to excel before changing the currency is not the best.

Patrick L.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Good all inclusive inexpensive software geared to accountants

Reviewed on 25/01/2018

Pros

It's a relatively inexpensive, feature-packed software package that makes sense to accountants, rather than Quickbooks which is geared more toward the layperson.

Cons

It is a bit ponderous in that it takes up a fair bit of resources on your PC. It can become crushingly slow at times.

Adele H.

Ease of Use makes Peachtree (Sage 50) a good choice for novice accounting users

Reviewed on 14/04/2017

Pros

Sage 50 Accounting has a simple interface and is a good choice for novice accounting users. Support for this product is good, and it has good functionality for a small to medium business accounting.

Cons

Although easy to use, Sage 50 Accounting is not as robust as some other accounting packages. However, it contains most of the functions necessary for a small to medium office and accounting functions.

Majda S.

Usage friendly

Reviewed on 14/07/2017

good for small and medium companies.

Pros

Easy access and they provide good customer support when it's needed. Technical issues are quickly solved.

Cons

the software doesn't include too many options features, limited. sometimes, technical issues appear.

Kathy B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

All out blackmail...

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

I have been a customer for over 30 years of Simply Accounting, which changed to Sage 50 over the years. Last year I purchased the new update, as they deactivated the software I was using. This year, they want a whopping amount for one year. As a small business owner, this is an unexpected expense that is not feasible. I was on holidays when my credit card expired. told them I could not update, as I did not have card. Did it when I returned, and found out then the cost... Told them I wanted to talk to manager. They disconnected me. I can't get into my accounting software, as I can not even fix a paycheck that was previously posted. Blackmail, will be looking at other software this winter, after 30 years. Bad company policy.

Pros

The pro was that i was familiar with this software after working with it for 30 + years, but no longer. Customer support is not good.

Cons

Disconnect, with no alternative then to pay 400 % + markup. Very unhappy customer of 30 + years, will no longer be a customer

Christopher A.

Simple and Effective

Reviewed on 26/02/2019

Pros

Very easy to use. I maintain the books for 3 companies through it and navigate it easily.

Cons

The worst part is the backup process. it easily gets corrupted.

Crystal D.

Best accounting software

Reviewed on 9/01/2017

We use sage 50 daily for our books and love it! I've been using it for over 5 years now. The only thing I wish it was able to be used with other programs for importing data too.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

Not comparable with any other programs I use.

Horrible experience with customer service

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Pros

I do not see any pros. It was OK product, but after dealing with their customer service, I am not able to see any pros in Sage products.

Cons

Horrible experience - they charged us for the renewal that we didn't want and even though the renewal date was 7 days ahead from the moment I contacted them, they refused to return our funds. Moreover, they were rude and they kept cutting the call and transferring me to other people who wouldn't even introduce themselves, so I cannot give you any names. I spoke with their customer service, sales, then back to customer service and so on. Finally somebody gave me the number to the refund department (it grew out of nowhere or something after 5 days of my calls) and the person on the phone informed me right away that the refund is not happening (without even asking my account number or order ID), because "that's the policy of Sage". The worst customer service I have even dealt with. They got my money, but I hope they will lose the money from other potential customers who'll read this review. The product won't keep the customers long term, so they try to get as much money as possible, even if it means deliberately not disclosing the policies that are being followed by the company. Shameful practices and poor product.

Tasha T.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Current User of Sage 50 software

Reviewed on 15/09/2016

Pros

What I like most about this product is the ease of use for all users.

Cons

What I like least about the product is the fact that several modules have to be purchased to get the full functionality of the program. Also, the lack of the ability to access through a cloud based software.

Kristofer K.

New Peachtree

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Pros

We had used Peachtree for years so this was an easy transition. They seem to be adding more features and changing the interface as time goes on. Still a great platform for in house accounting for small business.

Cons

Support isn't as quick as it could be but typically very knowledgeable folks when the issue is responded to.

Tim B.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Powerful Tool with a User Interface that Needs Improvement

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

Sage 50 has a lot of great qualities that help with accounting, but the built in capability to track inventory could be further refined. The backbone of peachtree has helped us a lot with our financials with it's ability to link payments to purchases. However, the inventory management capabilities are not intuitive.

Pros

Ease of linking payments to purchases
Making Purchases
Tracking Sales Orders

Cons

The default setting for transaction dates and "assigned to" categories are not ideal
Takes a lot of input to track the perpetual inventory

Ankit A.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Dissapointing

Reviewed on 12/08/2016

Pros

Its good for very Basic Accounting practice. No Customization for Manufacturing Sector. Inventory Control, Deposits Module, Basic
Reports are missing. The only best thing about Sage is it creates basic financial statements.

Cons

Not easy to use, Very less improvements on each update. Requested improvements on Deposit Module ( Deposits show up on accounts receivable ??? Really) Cannot run report that shows Quote number, Order number, Invoice amount & salesperson side by side.
No group accounts for allocation. No way to use multiple selection fro Customer Statements. No grouped customer statements
based on terms. Very Basic features are missing.
Have to maintain multiple excel spreadsheets to make sage work.

Diana F.
  • Industry: Dairy

A history with Sage

Reviewed on 9/01/2017

I have been using this program for years (Bedford Accounting, Accpac, Simply and now Sage) It isn't perhaps as easy as some but it is easy to adapt to whatever type of business you are in. I don't get upgrades every year because I don't need the payroll ( only have one part-time and seasonal employee) so even for my business it is affordable.

Amy K.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Love this product!

Reviewed on 5/07/2016

Pros

Customer service is outstanding! This product does everything we need to run our business from payroll to inventory.

Cons

We are learning more about the product to get a handle on inventory control.

Joseph A.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Lacking Fullsuite Applications

Reviewed on 15/05/2017

Pros

Low price point
Simple internal interface
Accounting system is easy to use
Updates are helpful and frequent

Cons

Inability to integrate into a website
Lacks customer portal capabilities
Default accounting reports are difficult to read