PlanPlus Online Reviews

PlanPlus Online

Personal Planner and CRM software

4/5 (83 reviews)
Rosemary M.

PPO transforms your company, your team and reignites productivity-Seriously!

Reviewed on 13/02/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Incredible client services! Continues beyond a service purchase.
Company managers - Over the past 15 years, our company has gradually bought into six separate software programs to handle operations. Our recent reorganization demanded a total revamp of the way we conduct business. Our employees spent endless unproductive hours capturing info in the different programs. The PPO program is a robust program that can handle everything in a very logical manner. Plan, prioritize, profile, schedule, sales, marketing, event planning, projects and adapt to social media feeds and tracking in a very unique way thanks to the Franklin Covey component.

Company teams- Millennials-don't let the Franklin Covey name mislead you think this is an older professionals software program. Unleashing the power of all the built-in components intuitively put everything in the proper prospective-FAST so you can move onto your other life roles while remaining in the same program.

Pros

Everything is in one place. The software binds people and technology together. Company team is on the same track and aware of how their responsibilities are critical to the financial success for the company. The PPO team is constantly adapting their software to the needs of their clients for ease of use. The learning curve is shortened by a convenient "Walk me through" box that guides you through the system. Need more info - over 200 short videos available 24/7. Help eliminate managers time with team questions "how do I"? The Franklin Covey planning integration is the key component that totally launches the software above the competitors. The new Focus and Compass features give rhyme and reason to team responsibilities. The built in Role feature allows the user to assimilate life roles into their business roles for the ultimate experience.

Cons

At a glance the program seems simple to use the new interface is clean; however the hidden strength relies on the user's commitment to understand the process system of personal planning and how it relates to sales and marketing. In order to maximize the talent of the software, users must dedicate time upfront for full comprehension and the importance of their individual input and relationship to the overall productivity of other users. To comment on the cons, I would have to put the onus of responsibility on the user not the software.

Claudia S.

Empower yourself to perform at your best & bring your team with you.

Reviewed on 17/08/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I enjoyed my paper Franklin Covey planner for years but finally went away from it due to its size and using online calendars. Now I have the empowerment of that effective organizing/planning tool online at a reasonable cost.

Plan Plus Online allows me more breadth, depth, and detail for planning/prioritizing than any other tool ever has and I have tried many. Plan Plus allows me to integrate my mission with the people and tasks that are most important to me as well as the routine duties of everyday life & work.

A Franklin Planner system supports managers tracking conversations and the status of delegated projects easily which in turn helps make evaluations meaningful and timely since the data gathering is already done for you.

I am 62 yo and not very adept when it comes to computers and yet the mechanics of this software seem logical and easy to use. It is now very affordable as well. The Plan Plus Online representative, Zach, took the time to link my Apple, Outlook and Google calendars so they all see the same items on my iMac, iPad, iPhone and work PC. He then went through the functionality of the software with me and answered all my questions.
>>Great software and >>Great Representative. I could not be more pleased.

Cons

The online Plan Plus used to be too expensive to justify an 'everyday' human paying for the benefits but it is affordable now and worth every cent. I am no longer in management but I will use the Plan Plus Online in my current job as a preoperative telephone triage nurse following up on the needs of patients (and their multiple appointments, physicians and test results) as well as an entrepreneur starting my own small business on the side.

Tommy M.

Reviewed on 22/08/2011
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

As a contact management software, Plan Plus Online has enabled our management staff to collect, organize, and safely store all of our client’s and/or business associate’s contact information in one convenient database. As our contact list continually builds, all of our past clients/contacts are easily accessed and all past e-mails, conversations, appointments and follow ups are detailed and attached. This function has enabled our staff to greatly improve our client/customer relationships by addressing each contact based on their specific wants and needs. By organizing our database into contact groups, we are able to send out automated email campaigns designated for each specific group of clients and/or contacts. The software application also enables us to create customizable charts and graphs that provide us with an overview of our company’s, planning, progress and achievements.

In addition to the software’s contact management capabilities, Plan Plus Online was the only software platform that enabled us to easily create internal sales and marketing processes that are specific to our business activities. This feature has provided us with the proper tools to schedule, delegate, and track all of our internal staff’s interaction with clients as well as their day to day activities such as appointments, meetings, emails, phone calls, etc.

Plan Plus Online’s e web-hosted access feature has proven to be extremely productive and convenient. Our administrative staff is able access their accounts from home, on vacation, or from any other computer with web access.

Plan Plus Online was superb in providing help and support to our administrative staff during the initial stages of implementing the software, and they continue to promptly assist when questions arise. Their support team provides feedback in a variety of methods including conference calls, web-based meetings, e-mail correspondence, and scheduled training meetings with our staff.

I would highly recommend this software to anyone who is serious about establishing a management software system into their current business model. Plan Plus Online has provided us with the tools to increase productivity, improve customer satisfaction, safely store vital contact information, and better organize our internal approach to managing our business.

Anthony K.

Plan Plus Delivers Value

Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I first started using Plan Plus years ago when you would load the software with a 3.5" floppy onto your desktop. This has certainly changed. the company is committed to customer support. Rep. who is the Director of Business Development, reviewed my profile and made sure I had all of the options to increase my productivity. This was good to touch base and get updated.

Pros

This is a super simple web based online CRM that I started using two years ago. I use the calendar function and project management functions the most. The fact that I can check and update my schedule on my smart phone is important. One thing I really like is how user friendly the interface is. There are multiple navigation paths to get things done.

Cons

I would like to edit the calendar entries and labels more easily. I would like to make some notifications audible and others just visual.

David S.

Long Time User of the Plan Plus

Reviewed on 8/08/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

My experience has been life changing

Pros

I used the Paper organizer for many years but around ten years ago i switched to the digital software and it has been working for me greatly. The combination of the Plan Plus online and the app for my iPad and phone work together. I have been using the Seven Habit planner for over twenty seven years and i cannot live without it has truly become a habit and a way of life for me - I highly recommend it to other, the connecting factors of mission, role, goal and organizing capabilities are invaluable. I have record of what I did twenty five years ago on a given week and day.

Cons

Not too much, the system has evolved with time and has stayed relevant.

PlanPlus promises alot but doesn't deliver

Reviewed on 22/08/2018

I was trying to set up sales revenue and prospect reports. Their reports worked but in the end, I went back to using Outlook. Working to learn PlanPlus took a lot of time that I didn't have. What concerns me is that PlanPlus didn't do what they said it would do which is to work in tandem with Outlook 365.

Pros

I liked the fact that they PROMISED that the system would sync with my Outlook account and that they CRM would work in conjunction with my Outlook contacts. They helped me build a system that could capture a great deal of the information I needed to maintain

Cons

The person assigned to help me really tried but he couldn't fix the software issues between outlook and plan plus. The IT people were only available by email and took forever to get back to me. I gave up trying to make the system work for my needs after six months of frustration. After I stopped calling NO ONE attempted to reach back out to me. I feel that this was a complete waste of a lot of my time and money. When I went to review the plan on their website, they blocked my review so here it is for all to see.

2.0/10
John R.

OMY - John Remsen

Reviewed on 10/12/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We appreciate that we could consolidate information from several disparate databases, calendars and reminders into a single system which allows us to position pertinent information and make it readily available when contacting customers. We now have a reports capability that we never had before, Basically, PlanPlus has made all of us more productive, effective and independent. In addition, we have had wonderful support and training personnel working with us from day #1. They all thoroughly understand their product and can explain its use very well.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the vendor. I believe that the product could be more visually appealing (colors, positioning, fonts, etc) and more user definable. For instance, the calendar takes up a large amount of space on the home page but our sales personnel do not need or use a calendar. We cannot move or shrink that calendar and lose valuable space on a very important page. We would also like to have the ability to change account oriented information, ie Priority A1, A2, A3... should be configurable by each user l

Robert C.

Great concept Poorly Executed

Reviewed on 12/12/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I really wanted this program to work, but found that using the principals of 7 steps with a program called WEEKPLAN gave me far better results. I Don't know if Franklin Covey own Plan Plus Online or if they just have their name attached to the program. If it is the latter, they need to get away from the program or get some real programmers and support techs involved. It is a shame, such great potential.

Pros

The concept of the program and seven habits process is awesome. The rocks and sharpen the saw work, just not the rest of the program.

Cons

What you actually get with the program is the base of a great idea, but it will drive you crazy. There are a few areas of the program that works well, however, it is clunky to use (you have to click in certain areas of the program and small outlined boxes that do not align with the table are filled in), you have popups that you cannot get rid of and you have areas of the program such as projects, that don't fit the rest of the program. If you just have daily tasks - you may be ok and can put up with the clunkiness - if you have projects - forget it. Customer support means well, but do not respond and you have to pry information out of them.

Joey S.

Reviewed on 15/12/2011
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

My Team, The Richmond Realty Team, and I have really struggled over the last year with the implementation of a CRM. We were really struggling with the one that we were using and knew that we needed to change. The search reluctantly began, as I knew it would be quite an undertaking due to the large volume of properties and transactions coming through the office. At the time, we were using a Microsoft product and had decided to transition to Salesforce. I had chosen Salesforce because I had learned that, supposedly, a lot of the "Fortune 500" companies were using this product. I was really disappointed shortly AFTER signing a contract due to the lack of response from the technical support/data migration team. They were great prior to signing the contract.

About a month or so ago, I had the fortunate experience of stumbling upon PlanPlus Online Business. I knew shortly after looking at it that this was the product for us. The simplicity of use, combined with the rich features, and customizable nature of the product was just fantastic. As we looked further into the product, we were introduced to Keith Norris, with Complete XRM. Keith has been wonderful throughout this process thus far. His insight into the Real Estate industry is a definite plus when we have questions such as, "Is there a better way to do this in PlanPlus Online?" Keith has done more in less than a month, than the other companies did in more than 3 months!

I would highly recommend this product to other agents looking for a, simple to use yet full of features, product that they can implement rather quickly. Great product as it is, and it is my understanding that changes are coming that will capitalize on the great features that already exist.

Genrih A.

A very good idea, but...

Reviewed on 12/10/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I find this app brilliant, but there are some drawbacks which make it very uncomfortable to use.
First of all - the font size. It is so tiny that one can hardly read anything. So if you want to use this app, first buy a magnifying glass, because in thé settings you will find no option to enlarge the font size.
The second drawback is the notes. I want to type my notes on the lines, not in a new pop-up window. And after I've finished my note, I want to see it whole on the page, not only the first line of it.
But still I should admit I spent hours trying to find an app better than this one on the market and I couldn't. This app is the best.

Pros

I like the design very much. It looks so much like a real notebook. I also like how the schedule and the calender look.

Cons

The notebook page looks so good, but unfortunately I can't write my note on this page. Instead I see some pop-up window where I should write my note. And after finishing it I still can't see it on the page. All i see is only the first line of my note. I can't understand it. It's so uncomfortable. I want to see my whole note on the page, not only the first line of it.

7.0/10
Duane D.

Plan Plus Online Support

Reviewed on 3/11/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Plan Plus Online is flexible, promotes efficient time management and goal achievement through daily and long-range planning, and provides responsive and thorough customer support in a timely way. The ability to prioritize and re-prioritize daily tasks makes Plan Plus Online a more user friendly product than other planners on the market.

Cons

Frequent and unannounced "upgrades" often result in unpleasant and apparently unintended consequences and results for end users. Thankfully, the customer support I've received has been solid and usually resolves problems quickly.

David S.

The need work on

Reviewed on 20/04/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Been using Plan Plus for more than 10 years and the whole organizational system 7 Habits for 25 years

Cons

They have still to finish after more than a year the compass and planning on the mobile app also the screen does vertical and does not change to horizontal - were paying for that feature yet not getting it -

6.0/10
Nilesh P.

Stone Age implementation and no upgrades.

Reviewed on 16/08/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The application is excellent for planning. The web layout is planned very well for the Covey Time Management Paradigm.

Cons

The application has not been updated for ages. I have subscribed twice to this software. Once was back in 2011, and I have subscribed again recently. The functionality has not changed at all over three years.

The biggest pain point is that the software is unusable if you are not using it on a computer screen. I am in sales and hence constantly on the move. I prefer my appointments and tasks to be reflected on my phone calendar. Once you have created your schedule on the application, it is almost impossible to show up properly on your phone or tablet. There is no native app that pushes notifications or events on your phone.

The web layout could do with several improvements.
1. The layout could be simplified and made aesthetically functional. There is too much information in a single view and compressed into a very small window. Also, it is so rigid that is not very user-friendly with a laptop trackpad.
2. Logging into the website is very outdated. For individual, personal users, they could use Facebook or Google verification to simplify access. Also, sometimes, the website blocks access for 15 minutes due to session conflicts.
3. The website is very difficult to operate on a touch device.

2.0/10
Tanya T.

Win/Win Situation

Reviewed on 7/08/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The product gives our business and colleagues a tool that we can all refer to in order to keep us on the same page. It's the core of our business! No one is left in the dark. Our clients and affiliates are kept well in the loop with timelines, what's needed to move forward, and what to expect next, and when to expect it. Our team can see who's been contacted, what phone calls have been made/need to be made, what followups need to be made, when they need to be made, due dates, etc. This product can be customized to your exact needs. I love that!

Cons

There are rapid changes in technology and it's hard to keep up with little glitches. Fortunately, the PlanPlus team is quick to respond, is proactive with followups, and makes sure IT or whoever is on top of any concerns.

Joe C.

Programming Opportunites

Reviewed on 19/04/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Flexibility and ease of adding features and functions.

Cons

Hard to do without some support.

Gabriel S.

Live life in the Four Quadrants

Reviewed on 27/01/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

After years of looking, my search is over! Way back in the days of PDA's I used FranklinCovey's planning software and absolutely loved it! Fast forward to 2017 and I just recently started using PlanPlus Online. While it's not as good at the original, it's a good solution for those who use the Four Quadrants and it syncs nicely with Outlook. There are some CRM tools as well but they're not robust enough for me to drop my current solution. If you're looking for a FranklinCovey branded scheduling solution that syncs with Outlook, then look no further.

Pros

-free trial period
-syncs with Outlook

Cons

-Automatically logs you out after a time
-Doesn't have the full features as previous versions (e.g. daily notes)

Chris W.

If you value your business, avoid.

Reviewed on 4/09/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

When I suggested I may need to look for a new CRM supplier, support said “let us know when you want to close your account.”
That’s how much they care.

You have been warned!

Pros

It USED to be amazing.
the calendar is pretty good

That’s about it unfortunately.

Cons

It’s so buggy, it’s unusable.
The home page doesn’t work, the appointment search doesn’t work
the email centre doesn’t open
Emails don’t render
Customer support is non-existant
Emails to support are ignored

The email centre has been broken for 7 months. They’ve blamed gmail (I don’t use it) outlook (I don’t use it) Windows (I don’t use it) Mailchimp and Godaddy.

Blame anyone we can do we don’t have to fix it.

Lisa D.

So many options - but I found the best results

Reviewed on 16/01/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have spent the last 2 months looking at different apps and online planning tools that could be used for my business. There are so many options, but my challenge was always the same, I want to find an app I can use as well as on online source, that is user-friendly. Although I am very computer literate, I wanted something that didn't take a lot of work to understand. After doing many 30 day free trials, this product was my choice.

Pros

Able to use and easily sync on my iPhone or IPad and use my computer as well. I am able to use this for my business, work, school, volunteer activities and anything else and it can be easily separated.

John W.

A great beginning

Reviewed on 22/06/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Long time Act and Outlook and One Note user. This does everything that Act Premium for PC does and then some. Act online not even come close. Tried Sales Force and this is much better in tying the whole person to their "universe" of responsibilities to keep everything in balance and effective.

Pros

User Interface
Ease of Prioritizing and tying to contacts, projects, calendar, and roles. Has taken the place of 4 different software CRM or add-on products

Cons

It is so robust, that the learning curve to get to the desired level of competency is a little long. Fortunately they do have many, many videos, as well as coaching available to help.

Marni V.

It's okay, needs help.

Reviewed on 19/01/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am an independent designer. I was looking for something to help me stay on task and manage my projects easier. I have used Franklin Covey products for many years. I miss the version that synced really well with Outlook and resided on my system as opposed to the cloud. The cloud version, in anything, has its positive points. Such as syncing with Outlook and Google calendar. But finding the hierarchy so as not to get a 'loop' is problematic, also using a phone, computer and tablet to sync. It took a few months to get these things working. I think I need more education or a different model/version to truly satisfy my needs. I suspect this version is set up for sales/marketing forces, not designers. I'm not sure I want to pay for 'another' software. Overall I've determined to go back to using my paper planner and the online to support that format. I was way more organized previously.

Pros

Prioritizing my schedule and within each project.

Cons

Want to be able to print in 'classic' size so as to archive in my binder. Especially for itemized taxes and a single proprietor, this is still important.

Father brad K.

Does not work with IOS11

Reviewed on 23/10/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Very good program. I liked the reminders and the integrated system. It works the Franklin program well and it helped me. I am disappointed that I can't use it any more as I primarily use my Iphone.

Cons

I have used for several years on my Iphone. Now they have decided not to update so it is useless. They said Iphone was an extra project, which does not sound like a wise business decision

Bryan K.

Best service experience by tech company ever. My new account person is a star. Very helpful , explained things in terms I understood and accommodated my schedule.fantastic service!

Reviewed on 3/08/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

PlanPlus offers a great product and outstanding service. Well Done!

Pros

PlanPlus is based on Covey 7 Habits, and 4 Disciples of Execution which is the Gold standard. PlanPlus transitions me from Paper to mobile and saves me time in planning each week. I finally found my Knowledge Age planner! The service and mentoring are outstanding. My new account person was amazing in getting me up to speed and went out of his way to work with my schedule, I have never experienced this type of service from an online product.

Robert G.

Best I've found and I've looked a lot!

Reviewed on 13/10/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I could open a business advising people on CRMs because I think I've tried the vast majority of them. All had their strengths and weakness with regards to features. Some were great at email, others at tasks, some with project management, etc... But with all of them, I needed to use other programs to manage what they didn't include. So far with Plan Plus, it contains just about everything I want from CRM, email, marketing, PM and opportunity management and with the Franklin model, managing ME!

Pros

Feature rich, great support.

Cons

The UI really needs a major overhaul.

Brooke T.

Reviewed on 24/01/2013
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We are a small insurance insurance brokerage form that specializes in Medicare, long-term care, retirement planning, an annuities. We do much more than that, but I just used the short-version.

We had been researching CRM databases for months, and tried a few, but they didn't satisfy the needs we had. We wanted/needed something easily navigated, supported, and to have the accessability through a phone application.

We looked at the features of several CRM databases, and that's how we came across Plan Plus. We loved everything about it. It exceeded our expectations.

We've only begun to delve into the software, but by far, we've received the best customer support. I speak with Burke Anderson frequently, as well as Keith Norris. I enjoy speaking with them, and feel most comfortable asking questions. They are truly great guys! I look forward to the continuation of my education on Plan Plus, and working with Burke and Keith!

Steve W.

This app is not ready for prime time

Reviewed on 8/02/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have good several months to play with the web version, mobile app and ios app. I was really expecting a lot and maybe shouldn't. The ABC prioritizing is pretty good. The daily notes are not good at all particular with the latest update. The "daily notes" on the main page will show that notes exist, but you won't be able to see them unless you go to the older version, or the notes review section or the mobile apps. Very clunky.

Speaking of notes, you can't connect notes to opportunities, contacts or organizations at the same time. Requires needless cutting and pasting. You can do this with tasks but not with notes.

There isn't anywhere to offer ideas for changes to the program and only seen a few updates or bug fixes, even though many exist. Make me think that there is not may folks working on the problems.

Technical support is very responsive and helpful!

Very clunky app. Unfortunately, I bought the full year thinking that I could adapt to the program, but not having much success.

Pros

ABC priority. Also, I like the Outlook Plugin that allows you to attached emails to organization, contacts, opportunities, projects. Works very well

Cons

Just about everything else.