BookSteam

Smart Online Appointment Scheduler

4.6 /5 (79 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
4.8
Julia K.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: Self Employed

I love Booksteam and I want to contribute to make it better!

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

I had chosen to implement the system for my client (Yoga instructor) after evaluating Booksteam and other systems. At the end we decided to go with Booksteam. Client management and online booking was the most important feature for us. I wanted my client to be bookable over the internet and get rid of paper management.

Pros

Integration was very easy. It is intuitive to use. After all it was easy, because the support team was and still is awesome!

Cons

What I like least about the software is that it is not completely in German. I would like use everything in German - frontend (prio1) and backend (pro 2). As I already have done for the front end, I am willing to help you with ALL german translation issues. Send me the files, I will translate. 2. I would like to have the possibility to make presents to my clients - f.e. a gift certification for their birthday. Unfortunately, I am not able to do this, because I have to definitely buy a gift certification. 3. I would like a modification of the package logic. It should be possible using a package based on a price xy to redeem all classes based on the same price xy. I have different classes - all for the same price, but with different names. For all this classes, I would my client to be able to use the package they bought. (Note: Like references, where I can apply one reference to more than one class ??) I would like to be able to customize the feedback email, because I love the review feature. But it should also be in German. 4. Calendar: I am able to embed the Booksteam calendar, but it shows the attendants of a class. This might be a data protection issue. At the moment I integrated a google calendar at the customer's webpage. 5. I would love to get a notification, when clients bought a package online. 6. I would like the get a reminder of my client's birthdays. 7. Maybe there will be some more, but for the moment that's all.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Zoe T.
Company size: Self Employed

Good product, excellent customer service/responsiveness

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Overall my experience has been excellent. Any software or billing issues have been addressed with fabulous service, attention to detail and efficiency. Many thanks for making this techno-moron very happy!

Pros

Any time I have had an issue with the software, the response has been immediate and the communication has been stellar throughout the process of fixing, or adapting, the software for my use. I like the product and find it fairly easy to use.

Cons

Some functions are not obvious or easy to find. I am a non-techy, so the 'treat me like I'm 4 years old' approach from any software works a treat for me!

Kate R.
Industry: Cosmetics

A+++ service from the beginning

Reviewed on 27/12/2015

I used this company on and off for about 2 years now and received the best service from them. They're constantly adding new features / updates which makes my experience that much more pleasant. VERY helpful product for my business.

Melissa P.
Company size: Self Employed

Good value without a lot of frills

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

BookSteam's lack of frills and options is redeemed by its low cost and really stellar customer service. Overall, I am pleased with the software.

Pros

Customer support is great! I had a couple of problems integrating BookSteam into my web site, and customer support worked with me until it was fixed.

Cons

This is low-frills booking software. It is easy to set up regularly occurring classes, but anything more complicated requires a workaround. Requests I've sent to customer support include:
1) the ability to set up a class series, where students register and the system enrolls them in every class in the series,
2) a waiting list,
3) the ability to find a class once it has been cancelled from the schedule - Beware! If you cancel a class and have it display as cancelled on your public calendar, it is there forever. There is no way to remove it.
4) having all classes show on the public calendar. Currently only classes that can be booked online can be displayed. If you have a class that you do not want to be booked online, you cannot display it on the calendar. Therefore, I have had to use a Google calendar in addition to the BookSteam calendar, so customers can see the full array of classes offered.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Rob S.
Industry: Graphic Design

Booksteam is awesome!!

Reviewed on 28/03/2017

Their software is great! It's easy to use and has really helped us streamline our scheduling. And you cant beat their customer service. We accidentally erased one of our staff members and all her appointments. After sending a support request they got back to me almost immediately and were able to recover all the info we lost. Saved me a weeks worth of work tracking down all the appointments. I cant thank you guys enough!! Long live Booksteam!!!!

Pros

Easy to use. Makes it very easy to keep track of all our employees and their appointments.

Gemma G.

The Best Business Tool For Increasing Sales

Reviewed on 21/03/2017

BookSteam has simplified the scheduling of appointments not just for me but for my patients. They appreciate the ease of using the app. No more playing telephone tag.

Pros

Cons

Patients are expressing difficulty accessing the system if they have forgotten their password. Even when they follow the instructions to obtaining their password, they are advised that their email address is already in the system.

Josh C.

Booksteam is fantastic

Reviewed on 3/08/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Really easy to use, flexible and the support team are attentive and take feedback constructively to improve their product.

Cons

Didn't like that you couldn't customize the colour scheme - but this has been recently added as a feature.

Mike C.
Industry: Photography
Company size: Self Employed

Saves tons of time and makes booking easy for companies

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Pros

I am a photographer and this app makes booking so much easier. I have only tested this app out and have not fully implemented it yet. But I want to start using it so I don't have to stay stuck to my phone in fear that I might miss a booking call.

Cons

Most of my photography is for magazines so paying money for a booking app that will only be used wveyfew months do not work for me. This is best suited for wedding and portrait photographers.

Christine B.

Perfect for one person startups

Reviewed on 20/03/2017

As an Esthetician, I have found Booksteam to offer an extremely well priced book system. It's relatively easy to figure out although it might take a few tries to figure out the inner workings. It doesn't have everything that I was hoping for but it's absolutely adequate for business owners on a budget. Clients have sometimes complained about having to insert their credit card details everytime they book but, you can reassure them that their info is never saved and actually provides protection. I use Booksteam alongside Weebly.

Richard D.

huge time saver

Reviewed on 17/04/2015

My business is no longer myself, it's grown, and between me and my 7 employees we schedule a ton of appointments and pen and paper just doesn't cut it. To make it even more complicated, we offer various group shops in multiple locations and the only software that has it all is book steam.

It is honestly a huge time saver for us, around 70% of our clients book their services/group shops online and we have a TON of clients. I'm not sure what I would do without you guys! Keep it up!

Industry: Cosmetics

booksteam solved my big scheduling issue

Reviewed on 6/06/2014

It was tough running small business and answering phone calls all the time, I could not concentrate on my work. After getting setup with BookSteam, my phone almost stopped ringing, I'm less irritated, more focused on work. Thanks.

Pros

clients get email notifications and appointment reminders so they don't forget, calendar looks great, can add my other worker as a stuff member

Cons

none so far, hopefully it'll continue like that

Alek W.

Impressive and user friendly

Reviewed on 22/12/2015

I can't say enough good things about booksteam, head and shoulders above the rest! If you want your business to improve and become less stressful (don't we all), you have to try this software.

+++awesome looking design, supports multiple offices, mailchimp and paypal integration, google calendar sync, prepaid packages, loaded with a ton of features and has fast responding support team (what's not to love?).

Industry: Accounting

Fantastic scheduling software after you've learned the ropes

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 19/02/2019

Pros

I had to test out a scheduling software for a client and this was by far one of the best on the market. I finished the setup and was able to get a testable demo ready for the client. You can even have it send your customers text messages.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve at first, but it doesn't take long to take full advantage of the software. The customer service is also fantastic. I had no real big issues with using BookSteam.

Bernadette O.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy way for appointment scheduling

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 16/10/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Good to go . Highly recommemded to everyone.

Pros

The interface is very simple and easy to use. Booksteam is auto online report and best for appointment scheduling tool.

Cons

Could improve the initial set up and the customer support. I didn't see any bad with it. Its still very useful for me.

5 Star Service

Reviewed on 28/06/2016

BookSteam's appointment scheduling software is easy to use and the customer service is second to none. They respond to my inquiries quickly and resolve problems promptly and efficiently. They also take user feedback and requests into account as they upgrade and add helpful features.

Pros

Customer Service
Price

Sarah W.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Booksteam - simple, efficient, and effective

Reviewed on 8/07/2019

Wonderful experience overall, all schedule changes come easily (apart from the change of recurring clients as noted above) and very simple to view and teach to staff. Customer service has been helpful and quick each time we've reached out.

Pros

Very easy to use and very straight forward so it's simple to get done and show others how to use it.
Being able to cap a group is perfect as well as being able to schedule different tasks (i.e. meetings, appointments, different classes, etc.).
It's key to be able to see an individual schedule or the entire team at once to make planning and changes easier without overbooking an employee.
The client activity history has been great to be able to track client attendance, lateness, NCNS, etc.

Cons

There isn't an iPhone app available for Booksteam yet and we keep hoping there will be to make it easier on our team members who use iPhone.
Our biggest con at this time is the recurring client option for classes; you can set clients to recur, but you can't edit the recurring clients. So if a client moves their time permanently OR if a new client needs to be added to that recurring spot, you have to delete the class entirely and re-add it with the updated recurring clients.

Nicola D.
Company size: Self Employed

Gets the work done perfectly.

Reviewed on 23/12/2020

Great experience... love it up to now.

Pros

I looked for a long time for a scheduling app. Difficult to find when you offer at home services. None truly fits my needs... but Booksteam really made it easy for me to find ways to make it work. Every time I needed support they were more than available and had answers in close to no time. Fully recommend.

Low price
Amazing features
Possibility of multiple locations
Widgets for facebook and mini webpage to book
Nice interface for clients

Aida E.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Can save your time

Reviewed on 27/10/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Great software! Hope to continue to use this software, well done

Pros

This software is the best for busy person, for their hectic schedule it can turn to save their time, this software is a online scheduling tool. Our clients can book online

Cons

I cant say any problem with this software, the interface is really simple and nice. Amazing and helpful!

Jodilyn S.

So easy to use!

Reviewed on 18/07/2017

Clients can schedule online with ease.

Pros

I love how easy it it to set up and for my clients to use. Straightforward and simple. Really appreciate the MailChimp syncing, too for occasional newsletters.

Cons

Wish there were more color theme options or patterns to spruce it up a little while remaining basic and simple to navigate.

Shah abdul latif B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Late to know about it but... Seriously impressed!

Reviewed on 22/03/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Very good customer support. Quite versatile solutions with plenty of options to select from. Very helpful reports. Beautiful User Interface.

Cons

Somehow confusing at set up but that't not a big deal. Some minor issues but again not a deal breaker.

Industry: Food & Beverages

Loving BookSteam

Reviewed on 16/04/2015

We moved to BookSteam a few months ago and must say that we are really impressed. Not only does the product itself fit our needs and is easy to use for both clients and staff, the customer service is outstanding. The support team are prompt in replying and very helpful - even going above and beyond to assist those of us that are not quick so "tech savvy".

We made a number of suggestions that would make the program even better and already these have been implemented - WOW!!!

Cathy Reeves
Plant Essentials
Australia

Josh W.

awesome software in many ways!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015

Our studio in Hong Kong has been using booksteam for a while now and we have been satisfied. We tried many other companies before but half of them look very dated (design wise) and other half lack many features, glad we found booksteam! Very nice and friendly support team, anything I ask they reply instant and professional (and I ask a lot of questions ha). Loving it!

Lexi R.

saves me a lot of time at work

Reviewed on 24/11/2015

switched from phone booking to online booking with the help of booksteam and I should of done this years ago! now 90% of my clients book online and I can focus on my work! very cool app

Kate R.

very useful tool

Reviewed on 22/10/2014

It was very simple to set it up for my businesses, when I had questions support answered them very quick. My clients right now can prepay for their appointment, and everything is done automatically.

Amy F.

This scheduling system has been extremely helpful to my business.

Reviewed on 10/07/2017

Pros

It is easy to use for the most part but when I run across something that is not completely intuitive the service team is EXTREMELY responsive.

Cons

When I cancel an appointment I would love to give my clients the option to reschedule at this time.