Denticon

Web-Based Dental Practice Management Software

4.7 /5 (99 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
Joshua F.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

After years of use, I can't see myself using anything else

Reviewed on 28/05/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Denticon has been awesome. I don't deal with the issues of servers, backups, backup storage, security, ransomware, etc., that many of my colleagues have dealt with. My experience has been excellent.

Pros

I love the cloud based access, ease of viewing records, schedules, reports, etc., from any device, including my phone. Excellent training videos for new users. No need to worry about backups and off-site backup storage. No security concerns.

Cons

Sometimes reports are hard to navigate. Sometimes support is challenging with no 800-number support available.

Douglas D.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Big help for our small office.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Has become a vital tool to our practice. Helps us keep up in the arena with much bigger competitors.

Pros

Nicely integrated; billing, management, clinical. Staff all find it easy to use.

Cons

Initially clinical graphics were not too impressive -- but newer/upgraded graphics are great.

David F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Don't be fool by the other reviews

Reviewed on 23/04/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

If you believe the other false reviews and buy Denticon and hate it, I'm sorry you should have listened to this review. Hopefully as Denticon evolves it will be worthy of the high ratings it has received but that day has not arrived. Thanks

Pros

For some situations you have to have a cloud base software. It is nice to be able to log on from your home computer or use your phone to bring up Denticon.

Cons

Denticon is not user friendly. I've use Easy Dental, Open dental, and Denticon in both fix location and in a mobile dental setting. Almost every thing you do on Denticon requires an extra button to push and takes longer than the other two softwares I've encountered. I have never met anyone that has used Denticon say they liked Denticon, no one.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Andres T.

Dental Software

Reviewed on 18/03/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I like the ease of the overall software and how when new employees come in with no knowledge they pick it up super quick. Definitely recommend to any dental office that is looking for a new dental software.

Pros

I love this software, it is easy to navigate even with zero knowledge of the product. The software makes it easy to figure out how to change or add anything and when I can't find it in the help portal the staff is super helpful and always get back to us quickly when we have a question.

Cons

I haven't found any cons so far with using this software

Rita N.

Denticon for 6 office practice

Reviewed on 25/05/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

customer service is excellent. Denticon as a whole is improving constantly

Pros

Very customizable, comprehensive. Options available can be made to fit any practice type

Cons

design layout of the screen space. endless functionality taking up screen space which limits viewing area for progress note, X-ray viewing. Also, Xray quality is compromised, not able to compare xrays taken from different dates

John S.

Easy Dental Practice Software

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Excellent.

Pros

Ease of use and access remotely from office and when abroad.

Cons

Maybe it has a little too much features.

Marc V.

Most Mature Cloudbased Dental Practice Management Software

Reviewed on 16/03/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Flexibility, functionality and great customer service. well worth the price.

Pros

It is clear that cloud based SAAS has all the benefits a modern business needs to drive modern operations and good customer experience. While the entire dental software industry is working to push their software into the cloud we found that only Denticon has the maturity and functionality that the followers are still missing.

Furthermore, frequent updates and as systematic way to receive user based inputs into the development process ensure for the software to stay in the lead.

Cons

Some limitations around functionality on Mac and iOS, in particular signature capture. Otherwise the software runs just fine on Chrome browsers on any device.

Andrew P.

Denticon

Reviewed on 22/05/2020

Overall very pleased

Pros

cloud-based, easy-to-use, constantly improving features, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
is AMAZING

Cons

monthly cost, occasional lag and crashing, customer service not as responsive

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

George V.
Industry: Medical Practice

Powerful product, excellent customer service

Reviewed on 8/06/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Accuracy with insurance co-pays and minimization of collections has been our primary objective and this software has helped us tremendously

Pros

Denticon allows a small insurance practice to setup detailed plans and reduce collections burden. It cannot give you any more than you put in but tools are available.

Cons

While updates are frequent, there are some important reports that are missing such as for cleanup of unused plans, details of patients who have not been in the office for a period of time, and mass updates for these .. there are some user interface problems for plan setup but looks like they are actively working on this

Diane M.

Cloud Based Dental Software

Reviewed on 1/06/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall we have been pleased with Denticon and their software. We are able to continue to move forward with technology without being stuck with paper charts, or old ways of doing business. We are constantly evolving and Denticon evolves with us. The ability to access the software from all locations and continue business is a huge advantage over a traditional software program.

Pros

The team at Planet DDS is constantly reaching out to the users and looking to them for the improvements and usability of the software. They are responsive to all inquiries and their customer service is some of the best in the industry.

Cons

Because it is cloud based, if there are internet issues or server issues from Denticon side, the software can go down (rarely occurs though).

Cheryl L.

Best Dental Practice Software

Reviewed on 4/10/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Great team, great tech support. Great value for your money. Great software!

Pros

I love the quick technical support that comes with this software. The tech team is what sold me on this software. The software can grow with your practice and the cloud technology is the best. Very stable and very quick to upload any of your data. Denticon has put a lot of work into this software and their servers. Hands down it is the best. I like not having to be on the phone because of software issues or server problems and be cause it is Denticon I don't have to. Denticon has given our office the greatest freedom because it is in the cloud. I have access to it from out of the office to work with the dentist at his office location and that frees up my time! Being a co-owner of the practice I can do all of my work outside of the office and that also give the dentist the freedom to see things at his convenience and not have to run to the office to look at his schedule or patients information. It is by far the best software and technical support team you can have!

Cons

This software is so stable that I don't have to worry about it.

Dr. C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Best cloud software on the market

Reviewed on 11/02/2017

I've used Curve, Eaglesoft, Dentrix, Open Dental, and researched and almost switched to Debtrix Ascend.
Denticon is the least "Beta" of all the cloud/web based softwares. Don't be fooled by the archaic GUI interface, it definitely has more of the nuts and bolts of what is needed for managing the data needs of a dental office.
I give a 4 out of 5 stars because it still needs some improvement. Training on how to get the most out of the software could be improved. I think they should provide a weekend course for all office managers/staff in order to ensure that users are using it properly and getting the most out of it.
They are making improvements continuously which is great!

Pros

Web Based.

Cons

Sometimes slow server on there end. No as intuitive as I would hope. Some significant features can overlooked easily. Wish we had more one on one training rather than just videos on there help portal. User guide should be more up to date.

Cheryl L.

Out With the Old In With The New!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015

Out With the Old In With The New!

How would you like to say that in 2016?   Ditch  the servers in the front office and go flying away with lighting speed technology!

When our office wanted to purchase dental  software we tried to find the best match for our office.  Let me say first you should always stick with a team that does only that. Dental technology should be coming straight from companies who have been in the technology field for a long time.  This includes cloud technology.   If I want to buy toothbrushes I will go thru a dental supply company, not so with front office technology.   We love the freedom that Denticon has given us.   I went with Denticon and they do the rest when it comes to updating their software  to keep up with the technology that changes from day to day.

Stability is everything and Denticon is number one when it comes to giving our office state of the art cloud technology.   You don't have to do a thing but keep on working with your patients and inputting the claims thru.  The whole staff from the sales team all the way thru to the technology team is there to far exceed what ever your office needs.

We love the flexibility of this software as well.  If you get an emergency call at home, the dentist can talk to the patient, look at their schedule and give the patient  a time to come in to the office before they get off the phone.  If it snows outside and the office is closed I can just pull up the schedule from Denticon, call our patients and reschedule them.

Denticon can give the  dentist the edge in running their office by the  reports generated by the software within seconds.  Reports that can help in micro managing anything from how many patients have a certain insurance, how many different procedures where done in a office,  how many outstanding insurance claims have not come in, etc, etc, etc.   Denticon is a software that your office will never be able to out grow.

Denticon's software is incredible when it comes to stability and flexibility.   I know  longer have to keep looking for dental software in the future.   They have far exceed my expectations of a software and technology team!

They are like family to us and we count it a fun and rewarding experience  to have them working as a team with our office.  Stability is the key to cloud based dental software and they have stability that can help any office to be more productive!

. Cheryl Long owner of Joy Jay Inc.

Christopher K.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

A great, reliable dental software

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I utilize Denticon daily to run my practice. From daily reports to statements, it is a solid product, especially for the price point. Easily navigable screens. Training videos are an added plus.

Pros

I like how user-friendly the software is. If there is something that you need help with, one of the videos can often resolve the problem. If not, it is easy to submit a ticket, which will be answered quite promptly. I also really like the capability of being able to log on from any location, even from my smartphone, using Chrome.

Cons

I'm not an experienced billing specialist, but I did notice when I was posting payments that there are some quirky auto-adjustments that occur. It seems a little complicated and counterintuitive, but it's a minor issue that an experienced biller would be able to either utilize or circumvent.

Timothy S.

Great Cloud-based Dental Software

Reviewed on 1/06/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We have multiple offices, so being able to access it from anywhere is fantastic. It's very intuitive, and the support staff is very quick to respond.

Cons

We have had many difficulties with linking third party software's to it. Even software that is made to work with Denticon has problems. We've just learned to do without.

Virginia M.

A very comprehensive package

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I've always had good experience with Denticon product and staff.

Pros

I have appreciated the breadth of information this software gathers and the ease in asking for information to do analyses. The help staff have been very timely in responding to questions and finding answers for us.

Cons

The software is so comprehensive I feel sometimes I cannot wrap my head around what is included. I purchase this each month but I need to spend concentrated time to teach myself details about a question I have. Maybe being left behind? Or in other words, maybe having a overview video instead of a specific webinar topic available to the dentists who want to do specific analyses. The monthly cost for this software is at the upper limit of my preferred budget amount, but there does not seem to be an equivalent service anywhere that will match performance.

Douglas D.
Industry: Medical Practice

So glad we made the switch!

Reviewed on 9/12/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It's a very useful tool that let's us function at a much higher level than a small office such as ours otherwise could.

Pros

We'd been longtime Dentrix users prior to this -- leaving that behind and switching to Denticon was by far one of the most significantly beneficial changes we've ever made to our office operations. We would never even consider going back. We have found so many benefits and unexpected synergies in using Denticon -- and it seems like we're always discovering a few more. We are sure that it has been a genuine competitive advantage for us -- making it possible for us to keep-up and even excel in today's rapidly-evolving dental practice arena.

Cons

Sometimes I think less opening of new windows, less clicking through steps might be appreciated (but I understand that a lot of that is due to necessary tracking/documentation for security and accountability).

Justin J.
Industry: Medical Practice

Denticon is the ideal solution for both the dental professional, and business owner

Reviewed on 15/09/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Extremely robust software, cloud-based (accessible anywhere anytime), has a deep set of tools for providers, administrators, and online tools for patients. Amazing team support, responsive to requests and friendly. We're a fully paperless office, and we couldn't have done it without Denticon. They're continually responding to customer suggestions and adding new features, and the core product meets all of our needs and more. I also like how well integrated they are with other software (imaging, communications, payment processing, insurance billing, etc). Denticon has a Virtual Business Support service that supports pre-authorizations, claims, and other insurance or other needs (for very reasonable prices).

Cons

So robust that it takes a lot of time to learn. Plan for ample training time upfront with office admin and provider team. There's a comprehensive Help portal, and training, but plan to spend time to get a comprehensive understanding of all the software components. But it's worth it....

Mary W.

Intuitive and Efficient Web Based system

Reviewed on 24/04/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have been on Denticon for 10+ years and have been able to see many of the beneficial enhancements that they have put out. They have been incredibly thoughtful and considerate of their clients throughout their development. We have converted offices from Eaglesoft, Softdent, and Dentrix. All conversions went incredibly smooth and staff transitioned very well.

Pros

Ease of navigation, reporting, conversion process, internal analytics, task managers for staff, and support. The system is web/cloud based so are able to access our information and imaging from anywhere. This is exceptionally helpful for our central billing office.

Cons

With any patient system, it is imperative to make sure to take the time on the front end in order to get the optimal end results and reporting. This is not a con but something that anyone looking to convert any system would need to be mindful of.

Lissa G.

Denticon user

Reviewed on 29/05/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I've had Denticon at my practice for 5 years and have been mostly satisfied.

Pros

What I like most about Denticon is that it's cloud based. Since I have two locations I am easily able to log in from anywhere and work. Another great feature are the updates and improvements within the system.

Cons

One of the least favorite features would be the lack of detailed reports. While Denticon has several, there are some reports that could be improved or added. Denticon is not always compatible with other systems including our x-ray system EasyDent, we were under the impression that a bridge would link the two programs but was not so we have to open each program separately. One of our most recent obstacle is Denticon not being compatible with Solution Reach which is a patient relationship management program.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Pauline D.

Denticon software review

Reviewed on 10/01/2017

I really love identical software - When we opened our first dental office 5 years ago, I researched a lot of software. Before even becoming a customer, I was able to go and get a test account online and try it out! At the time (5 years ago )many of the big names did not have a way to check or use the software via the internet. Denticon is cloud based and I can check whatever I need to from anywhere. Easy to use, easy to train on and great when you add or close offices! I 've trained other dental offices on other software and the programs are not as user-friendly!

I thought this was one of the best software programs on the market and still think that way today! I would highly recommend it!

Pros

Easy to use and train on. Cloud based. Scaleable.
Good reports

Cons

That when you update an address you have to update it then save it and then go back and do it again hitting the update key.

Doesn't have a patient confirmation feature built in.

Natalie S.

Dental software

Reviewed on 8/10/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Being able to have patients book and pay online; on a cloud

Cons

Training new people on it; can’t call people for help. Instead you have to submit a ticket

Sandy D.
Industry: Medical Practice

denticon for a non-experienced user

Reviewed on 27/05/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

i honestly like denticon but it is second in my heart to dentrix only because tx planning on the mouth chart is a tiny bit easier to do in that aspect. but in denticon i usually tx plan in the tx plan tab not the chart which does make it easier to accomplish i also really like that its easy to plan out the tx plan stages with just clicking and editing. i also like that NP charts are easy to edit when its within families, and ins can just be like transfered over. its an easy to use software if one tames the time to play around with it

Pros

i like that denticon is very laid out (open formatted rather than closed menus) and has options for every menu/chart. im a receptionist and i really like that scheduling is very easy to set up and its effective in communication (the tile meanings) and that even charting (sometimes although rarely I'm called to asst.) is easy to understand pretty quickly

Cons

that sometimes when i copy paste appts. it messes my screen up and i have to do it over. or that like if i wanna filter patient scanned notes it doesnt filter each individual tab (thats like an addtional selection which is fine)

Virginia M.

Denticon (Planet DDS)

Reviewed on 10/01/2017

This software program for my dental practice has been foundational for keeping the patient records and financial records straightforward. The clinical notes section has more detail options than I presently use. The scheduling section is extremely helpful for tracking, planning and can be easily customized. Denticon webinars have been very helpful for explaining new and deeper aspects to the software. I have not had to hire 'trainers' like other dental practice software companies provide: Everything is available through the help portal. I'm very satisfied.

Pros

Very helpful staff for bringing existing patient records onto this platform. Great Help portal.

Cons

I wish there were more videos to help explain how 'deep' some of the functions of the software go, so I know how much more I'm not using.

Clemont A.

AWESOME SOLUTION FOR MULTI LOCATION PRACTICES

Reviewed on 12/01/2017

WE HAVE USED IT FOR 5 YEARS IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS. IT IS FLEXIBLE AND CAN BE USED NUMEROUS WAYS TO FIT HOW YOU DO THINGS.

Pros

easy to set up, no software issues to manage

Cons

graphics are not as good as other programs, some features are in strange locations and customizing different features can be a pain because trying to find the right screen to change things can be a pain.