Denticon

Web-Based Dental Practice Management Software

4.7 /5 (99 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
Joshua F.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

After years of use, I can't see myself using anything else

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Denticon has been awesome. I don't deal with the issues of servers, backups, backup storage, security, ransomware, etc., that many of my colleagues have dealt with. My experience has been excellent.

Pros

I love the cloud based access, ease of viewing records, schedules, reports, etc., from any device, including my phone. Excellent training videos for new users. No need to worry about backups and off-site backup storage. No security concerns.

Cons

Sometimes reports are hard to navigate. Sometimes support is challenging with no 800-number support available.

Andres T.

Dental Software

Reviewed on 18/03/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I like the ease of the overall software and how when new employees come in with no knowledge they pick it up super quick. Definitely recommend to any dental office that is looking for a new dental software.

Pros

I love this software, it is easy to navigate even with zero knowledge of the product. The software makes it easy to figure out how to change or add anything and when I can't find it in the help portal the staff is super helpful and always get back to us quickly when we have a question.

Cons

I haven't found any cons so far with using this software

Marc V.

Most Mature Cloudbased Dental Practice Management Software

Reviewed on 16/03/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Flexibility, functionality and great customer service. well worth the price.

Pros

It is clear that cloud based SAAS has all the benefits a modern business needs to drive modern operations and good customer experience. While the entire dental software industry is working to push their software into the cloud we found that only Denticon has the maturity and functionality that the followers are still missing.

Furthermore, frequent updates and as systematic way to receive user based inputs into the development process ensure for the software to stay in the lead.

Cons

Some limitations around functionality on Mac and iOS, in particular signature capture. Otherwise the software runs just fine on Chrome browsers on any device.

Andrew P.

Denticon

Reviewed on 22/05/2020

Overall very pleased

Pros

cloud-based, easy-to-use, constantly improving features, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
is AMAZING

Cons

monthly cost, occasional lag and crashing, customer service not as responsive

George V.
Industry: Medical Practice

Powerful product, excellent customer service

Reviewed on 8/06/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Accuracy with insurance co-pays and minimization of collections has been our primary objective and this software has helped us tremendously

Pros

Denticon allows a small insurance practice to setup detailed plans and reduce collections burden. It cannot give you any more than you put in but tools are available.

Cons

While updates are frequent, there are some important reports that are missing such as for cleanup of unused plans, details of patients who have not been in the office for a period of time, and mass updates for these .. there are some user interface problems for plan setup but looks like they are actively working on this

Cheryl L.

Best Dental Practice Software

Reviewed on 4/10/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Great team, great tech support. Great value for your money. Great software!

Pros

I love the quick technical support that comes with this software. The tech team is what sold me on this software. The software can grow with your practice and the cloud technology is the best. Very stable and very quick to upload any of your data. Denticon has put a lot of work into this software and their servers. Hands down it is the best. I like not having to be on the phone because of software issues or server problems and be cause it is Denticon I don't have to. Denticon has given our office the greatest freedom because it is in the cloud. I have access to it from out of the office to work with the dentist at his office location and that frees up my time! Being a co-owner of the practice I can do all of my work outside of the office and that also give the dentist the freedom to see things at his convenience and not have to run to the office to look at his schedule or patients information. It is by far the best software and technical support team you can have!

Cons

This software is so stable that I don't have to worry about it.

Dr. C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Best cloud software on the market

Reviewed on 11/02/2017

I've used Curve, Eaglesoft, Dentrix, Open Dental, and researched and almost switched to Debtrix Ascend.
Denticon is the least "Beta" of all the cloud/web based softwares. Don't be fooled by the archaic GUI interface, it definitely has more of the nuts and bolts of what is needed for managing the data needs of a dental office.
I give a 4 out of 5 stars because it still needs some improvement. Training on how to get the most out of the software could be improved. I think they should provide a weekend course for all office managers/staff in order to ensure that users are using it properly and getting the most out of it.
They are making improvements continuously which is great!

Pros

Web Based.

Cons

Sometimes slow server on there end. No as intuitive as I would hope. Some significant features can overlooked easily. Wish we had more one on one training rather than just videos on there help portal. User guide should be more up to date.

Timothy S.

Great Cloud-based Dental Software

Reviewed on 1/06/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We have multiple offices, so being able to access it from anywhere is fantastic. It's very intuitive, and the support staff is very quick to respond.

Cons

We have had many difficulties with linking third party software's to it. Even software that is made to work with Denticon has problems. We've just learned to do without.

Pauline D.

Denticon software review

Reviewed on 10/01/2017

I really love identical software - When we opened our first dental office 5 years ago, I researched a lot of software. Before even becoming a customer, I was able to go and get a test account online and try it out! At the time (5 years ago )many of the big names did not have a way to check or use the software via the internet. Denticon is cloud based and I can check whatever I need to from anywhere. Easy to use, easy to train on and great when you add or close offices! I 've trained other dental offices on other software and the programs are not as user-friendly!

I thought this was one of the best software programs on the market and still think that way today! I would highly recommend it!

Pros

Easy to use and train on. Cloud based. Scaleable.
Good reports

Cons

That when you update an address you have to update it then save it and then go back and do it again hitting the update key.

Doesn't have a patient confirmation feature built in.

Orest B.

Solo practice startup with Denticon

Reviewed on 20/11/2015

Cloud based, no servers necessary other than a Network Attached Storage (NAS) drive for my xrays which cost $250. The software is designed for enterprise/large/multiple office practices, therefore it is supremely over engineered for a standard 1-3 doc practice. Denticon is like Dentrix but in the cloud. Denticon has also been around for over 10 years and is a solid company.
Things I like:
1. Scheduler shows procedures for the appointment and includes the tooth/surface, unlike other PMS
2. Quick batch entry of EOBs and payments
3. Integrates with Lighthouse 360 well
4. Copies of xrays taken in the office are copied to the cloud via Dentiray, I can view xrays remotely on my iPhone or at home, no need to remote in to my office
5. Denticon does not break: there is never a software update gone bad to worry about, there is never a hardware issue, if there is an internet problem Denticon mirrors your data at multiple data centers across the US
6. Virtual Business Services aka outsourced insurance and aging support: To check and verify/enter insurance plans there is a button on the appointment that sends the patient's insurance info to a Denticon agent in the US who then will verify and enter all the necessary insurance info into the patient file. No one offers that.
7. Realtime eligibility: A button you press in the patient's file that connects with the insurance carrier and gives you an immediate eligibility and benefits remaining report
8. Built in time clock for staff. No other cloud PMS that I looked at offers this.
9. Easy to add new users, new locations/practices

Since new ownership software updates have been more frequent but sometimes buggy. Denticon does not have the same grassroots user base interaction/support that is inherent in systems like Dentrix, Open Dental or Eaglesoft because their market penetration is geared towards multiple office/DSO customers.

Liz V.

Denticon is wonderful

Reviewed on 11/01/2017

Denticon is a wonderful secure online dental program. We completely appreciate that we have full access to our patient's records at all times from any place. The ease of the program and the constant upgrading of the site that is provided is so beneficial. Denticon has the best customer service and they are always welcoming to our suggestions and opinions.

Pros

The flows and eases of the program. The constant upgrading and that they listen to their customer's thoughts and suggestions.

Cons

The slowness of speed can be frustrating at times along with the delay (waiting for Denticon to respond)

Bevin M.

Easy access from anywhere

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We can access it from anywhere which makes our lives much easier. No need for worry about servers

Cons

We currently don’t have any e-marketing available in our area for automated emails and texts which is a huge disadvantage and we have had to look at other softwares to meet those needs but there is just no way we want to run 2 softwares. We would very much like if Dentigram was available in our area as we would be happy to pay for it

Nancy A.

very helpful customer service

Reviewed on 8/08/2017

ease of use

Pros

Lots of well thought out features, reports well thought out for ease of use! Wish the data could be manipulated like spreadsheets for ease of use.

Cons

interface between this company and credit card company didnt go smoothly. The credit card company blamed me for not entering accounts properly. Patients were charged twice in one month and neither company as willing to help smooth it out. I lost patients because of this problem

Robert S.

Denticon review

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Major problem solved was the ability to handle a patient question ,view history, or look at an x-ray after hours from home or wherever I am at a computer.

Pros

I like having the server online. I can access from anywhere, home , phone etc. Also there are no backups needed as it is done by the company.

Cons

Texting capeabilities and group communication with patient base.

Ashkan A.

I love denticon!

Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have been using denticon since 2009 and I don’t see myself ever changing the software.

Pros

The fact that you don’t have to worry about backing up the software is a major plus. Also being able to login from anywhere is invaluable.

Cons

The wait to get an answer on questions! Also, the inconsistency in the support teams knowledge of the software.

Sandra D.

Great Dental software

Reviewed on 5/06/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Denticon provides excellent on the cloud technology for our dental office.

Pros

I love that denticon offered our practice, a practice management software that offered on the cloud access.

Cons

What I like the least is that I have to submit concerns via internet

Jessica G.
Industry: Insurance

Denticon User

Reviewed on 23/05/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

My overall experience has been great i have no complaints ...

Pros

Software is user friendly and you would be able to get it right away .Also customer service is beyond excellent if you have a problem understanding anything or help you submit a ticket and they will contact you immediately .I was very impressed with there customer service....

Cons

I have not had a problem with anything yet and i have been using software for two years ...

Kody K.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Denticon is simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Denticon is how we keep track of all of our patients and make sure that we don't leave out anyone.

Pros

Denticon has a very user friendly interface which makes it easy to keep track of all of our patients and what they need.

Cons

A lot of the upgrades to the software cost extra, it would be nice to package it all together in one

Cloud based dental software

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

Pros

First I absolutely love the cloud based software! This helps us save space on site in the office and also it can be accessed from home if taking an emergency phone call. There are so many amazing functions and we keep learning more about how Denticon will improve our day! It's a relief to be paper free and the transition was relatively easy. With all of the new standards that dental offices must follow, it is already HIPAA compliant so that isn't a concern.

Cons

Many functions to learn! Will take us time but will be worth it.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Superb. Being cloud-based makes life so simple.

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

chairisde information without the paper notes

Pros

The cloud based nature of Denticon is great from the clinical point of view. I was dubious when it claimed it could reduce friction but it does. I have all the information I need chairside and its interface is great.

Cons

Can be a little slow sometimes but this may be my network. We are in an older building and the cabling maybe needs improving.

Ashley M.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Customer rep was very helpful and efficient !

Reviewed on 6/10/2017

Cloud based access.

Pros

That it's cloud based and I can easily access it from home if needed. I also like the included HIPPA view option on the schedule.

Cons

The ledger is tedious and not user friendly, at all! Training is helpful, but the only way to truly understand the ledger is by experience.

Deb S.
Industry: Higher Education

User friendly

Reviewed on 22/05/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Have had a good experience

Pros

That it is cloud based. I am able to access from home

Cons

I wish there was a remote way for parents to fill out consent forms for their kids in PH settings to reduce paper contact

Yuri V.

Not Worth the money

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

after using it for over 10 years they tippled our monthly fees

Pros

online was something new 10-11 years ago

Cons

some features are not functioning. over the years a lot of promises and nothing was delivered

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Anita L.
Industry: Medical Practice

Great Service! Super easy to navigate!

Reviewed on 26/11/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Best customer service! Best help portal I have ever navigated. Fast turnaround for any issues you might have!

Cons

No issues and no cons so far! There is nothing I have to complain about this program at the time and am very pleased!

Brian S.

Its been ten years now, time sure does fly!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017

I've used Denticon since 2007 and started with one office. Now I have 3 offices and use Denticon to seamlessly manage them all. I think all practice management software works well. I like Denticon because there was no large upfront cost, the monthly fees are fair, they constantly update and improve the service, and I don't have to worry about backing up my data or if my server crashes.