Curve Dental

Cloud Based Software for Dentistry

4.4 /5 (192 reviews) Write a Review!
4.1
4.6
Aaron G.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Best option for Cloud practice management

Reviewed on 4/12/2020

Really good experience with the software. Price is higher than it should be but it is more convenient in the cloud. If it could connect with Dental Intel, I would put it in all my offices.

Pros

Easy to use. Familiar feel. No need for a server for PMS and x-rays.

Cons

No option for CBCT backup. Can't be used together with Dental Intel. Default reports sometimes convoluted although you can make custom reports.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Colleen F.
Industry: Computer Networking
Company size: Self Employed

Easy Transition

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 4/12/2020

Overall - this is a GREAT system. Easy to transition and train. You can literally have any report in the world you want and customize patient communication. From a data perspective, fabulous. From a security perspective, fabulous - ditch the daily backups and ransomware scares. If someone steals a computer - they get nothing. If the office burns to the ground - you can call patients from any computer anywhere and reschedule them at a temporary office. Patient data is safe.

Pros

What I like best about Curve is the smooth transition to the cloud from an in-house server. I am especially fond of the Curve Capture which pulls twain devices in with ease. The system is so easy to use that it requires very little training for new employees. The support team is always ready to help and never makes the employees feel like they are dumb for asking a question. They also answer quickly, so you don't have to wait hours or days for a call-back.

Cons

I would like to see some improvements in the document cabinet. It doesn't feel as organized as I would like and often, when pulling from other software, the naming convention is not what you would want. We spent some time on clean up and it wasn't too terrible.

Linda B.

Training Process Needs Your Review

Reviewed on 2/08/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We definitely had to make a change in our practice and this was huge! Now that we are a couple of months in I am happy to say it is all behind us! There are changes that we would like to see and we have sent in many tickets. Hopefully we will see them come to fruition.

Pros

From my stand point which is mostly office oriented, I do like the software now that I am more familiar with it. I love being able to see both our locations on one screen and to be able to work at both locations from my office. Reporting is different but I like it. I love being able to navigate all over from the appoinment screen.

Cons

I did not like how our training was run. It was very confusing and not hands on. The trainer jumped all over instead of sticking to one thing before it was learned. Our clinic has had the most difficulty. We dont like how the charting is set up to show work that needs to be done vs what has already been done. Colors are faint and runs into another.

Fredrick L.

Preventing the 50K Mistake

Reviewed on 1/12/2016

Each computer in the office is independent and isolated. They're "off the shelf" units and were purchased from Dell at extraordinarily reasonable amounts. No server, no contracted computer geek, no surprises. Most importantly, no added monthly maintenance fees. The support from Curve has been fabulous.
What's the worst that can happen? Well, the system has gone down.....wow....we kept doing dentistry. The internet failed (U-verse fiber optic).... wow ....we kept doing dentistry. There are a tremendous amount of people connected to Curve and AT&T. These companies will be doing everything humanly possible to get back up and running. It's their livelihoods. If (when) your server is hacked (oh, that couldn't happen to me! ..... yeah...think again) or when it fails the office geek has to repair or replace it. The time just starts to fly. So do the dollars. Your time is not the technicians time.
Bottom line: the software delivers all the needed features necessary to run a contemporary dental practice. It provides the necessary metrics easily. The folks at Curve are responsive to their customers needs and seem to be in a constant upgrade mode. If it's not yet available from them, they report that it is something they're thinking about. They deliver on those promises.
Financially, hardware is stock and minimalist. It can also be as advanced as available but the software works on it all. It integrates easily with all my digital add ons.
Monthly fees are reasonable when compared to the other products available. Most of all, the cost is cheaper then the monthly maintenance fees for the "big time all encompassing " software packages and the original outlay of 20+k for the software isn't necessary.
Every member of the team finds their own shortcuts/ techniques to move through the software. We had a very small learning curve at implementation and new employees grab it almost immediately.
The upgrade I await is the access to all of the patient records from my mobile devices. Currently I can access the schedule and patient information only. I look forward to being able to make appointments directly from my phone.
I recommend this system constantly. I've not been disappointed at any time since implementation three years ago.

Pros

Ease of integration and ease of use

Cons

Inability to access the actual product from my mobile devices. I want to be able to interact with the entire product from my mobile devices(iPad, iPhone)

Response from Curve Dental

A thousand thank-you's for your kind review, Dr. Lurie! We've noted your suggestions. Many of our customers see a savings in IT and HW costs, as you have. Best wishes!

Amy L.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

I have had a great experience so far. Curve definitely has a lot to offer!

Reviewed on 19/06/2017

easy dental software

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy for a person who is scared of computers to use. Reports and lists are easy to access and creating forms take less than a few minutes making front desk responsibilities a lot less stressful. Charting and clinical features are also great and improving as time goes on.

Cons

Accounting aspect took a bit to get used to as we were used to a different software. It lacks some features that other software like Softdent and Dentrix have.

Response from Curve Dental

Amy, many thanks for your kind review. We think Curve Dental is pretty easy to use, too. With regard to the accounting aspect, we approach billing a bit differently. While it may take some small adjustments on your part, the added capabilities the it provides are worth it. Best wishes to you and your practice!

Phyllis S.
Industry: Medical Practice

We switched to Curve Hero several years ago and have been glad we did!

Very user-friendly software.

Pros

We love the versatility that this cloud-based software has given us. It truly is mobile!
We also appreciate the progressiveness of the company. They are constantly trying to improve this wonderful product. Most recently, we have started to use "Forms" to allow our patients to pre-register before their appointments.

Cons

The only thing I can think of about CurveHero that we struggle with is the format for the date of birth.

Response from Curve Dental

Hi, Phyllis! Many thanks for your 5-star review and kind words. Our online forms will let you onboard new patients in seconds rather than minutes. If you need assistance in getting started, please call us. Again, many thanks!

Dr vilas S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

I suffered with Pworks for years with server crashes etc. Good living on the cloud with curve now.

Reviewed on 13/06/2017

Cant even begin to describe the impact curve has had on my practice and the way in which we operate as a business

Pros

Cloud based, access anywhere anytime, scalability is instant. No fees for new users . With other companies it seemed like you were being punished for growing, with curve it's celebrated. Real team players who play on your side versus just about any other company I've seen in the dental space.

Cons

When the internet crashes, (not curve) you are down, I believe a cache update for this is coming soon though

Response from Curve Dental

Wow! Thank you, Dr. Sasty, for your comments--they are much appreciated. Yes, a cache update is in the works. Thank you for you support and best wishes to Aces Dental!

Tracy G.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great product- they are improving everyday

Reviewed on 13/06/2017

Being able to access it from everywhere!

Pros

I love the ease of using Curve - very user friendly. When we had a new employee start it did not take her long to be able to pick it up.

Cons

I really dislike the reports- I struggle with not having the options and selections that i did with softdent.

Response from Curve Dental

Many thanks, Tracy, for your positive review. Curve Dental is designed to provide a very enjoyable user experience, as you've noted: It's very easy to learn and use. With regard to reporting, we find that your frustration can be eased with additional training at times. We'll reach out to see if that's the case. Additionally, with the new analytics we're currently working on you'll be quite impressed. Thanks again and many happy smiles to you!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tracey L.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

This is the best software I have ever used for all the functions in my job!

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

This software has made my job easier and more efficient

Pros

Curve Dental is user friendly, and can be accessible from home, to work or wherever I am. The Curve Dental Team are so supportive and prompt at answering any questions or helping with an issue. They are second to none and continue to improve!

Cons

Nothing; this software meets our needs and more. We are very satisfied with this software and their support team.

Response from Curve Dental

Thank you, Tracey, for the many years of support from you and Brookfield Dentistry! Your kind words are much appreciated. Wishing you and your team only the very best!

Aaron D.

5 YR+ User

Reviewed on 26/06/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It allows me to view/access charts with images from any computer. Its fast and easy to learn. I prefer the cloud-based model over traditional server.

Pros

Sidekick. Easy of use. Integrated images and charting. Ease of navigating images for Dr. and patient viewing. Cloud-based, ease of access.

Cons

Accounting. Billing modules. Slowness of software changes to take effect.

Bob I.

Best decision we ever made.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

We bought into the online practice management arena fairly early on and were pleased with the software for five years. Initial customer service (on-site installation team and training) were very good. The support was adequate at first, but then began to be more difficult to access. Then we were notified the company was going out of business and we felt like we were "up the creek".
After thoroughly investigating the available software on the market in 2012, we chose Curve Dental software, primarily because of the apparent stability and experience of the company . The lack of on-site installation and training was a concern initially, but our misgivings were totally unfounded. The Curve Dental team converted our previous data to the CurveHero software, made sure all the numbers were correct and then provided exceptional training via conference calls with the doctor and staff. The conversion team was outstanding and the orientation and training team made the change smooth and easy (even for our more mature and less computer savvy staff). We were up and running very quickly, with very few hiccups and a Curve Dental staff that were there when we needed them with patient and understandable answers and instructions.
Now, after four and a half years with Curve Dental we are absolutely stunned by the ever increasing functionality, customer service and transparent communication we have experienced.
It really is the best decision we ever made.

Response from Curve Dental

Wow, Bob! Those are mighty kind words and much appreciated.Many thanks and hope all is well with your practice!

Betty jane C.

Really happy with curves ease of use.

Reviewed on 20/06/2017

Pros

Fast, easy to use. Has anything I would need. Customer support is phenomenal. The community part of curves is great. It helps to solve a lot of my questions before I call for support.

Cons

Need the Canadian Dental hygienists form uploaded. (CDHA). It needs to get the authorization needed to be able to upload photos directly.

Response from Curve Dental

Thank you, Betty Jane, for the 5-star review! Our customers frequently commend our customer service team for their quick response and attentiveness. Glad to hear Curve Community is a great resource to you. Best wishes!

Logan W.
Industry: Medical Practice

The transition from Eaglesoft to curve was not as good as I had hoped.

Reviewed on 19/08/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I liked that Curve was online. And that they seemed pretty good at getting to us if we needed help. Now I've only been with them for a week and a half, so time will tell.

Cons

I don't like that it takes a while to load the x-ray and process things. I am looking into getting a different internet provider to see if that helps, but I have the required internet speed. Also, during the transition, they missed quite a few appointments, and luckily, we caught it ourselves and had to spend a lot of time going over the schedule. I'm debating going back to Eaglesoft if a few things don't improve. I wanted to go paperless, but the way it fills out medical history is not user friendly, so we are going to have to scan in the medical history.

Response from Andy

We're intrigued by this client's comment that they would do a few things differently and their desire to see some changes with regard to entering medical histories. Customer feedback is critical to the success we've experienced so far. We will be giving this client a call.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Darryl S.
Industry: Medical Practice

Conceptually cool, extremely poor performance!

Reviewed on 29/05/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's conceptually cool. Their customer support is responsive, and the software is cloud-based.

Cons

It doesn't live up the hype. The cloud-based software has stopped working 2-3 times since going live in less than a year. The acquisition of digital X-rays is non-diagnostic. The import of images from old chart software to curve is tedious. Image magnification is limited. Treatment plan implementation is tedious. If you want to give multiple treatment plans, each plan data has to be re-entered, which is a huge waste of time. Charting is incomplete. There's no denture drawing. No implant abutment can be charted. I have a digidocs intraoral camera that was supposedly compatible but can't be utilized in all its functions. I'm unable to post date notes in the event; one doesn't get to document a visit on the day that it occurs. It's wicked expensive, especially since old software has to remain running because of inadequacies with Curve. A new computer monitor was necessary on some stations. The mobile app on iPad and iPhone have been virtually worthless. There's no employee time clock. Hygienists and assistants have to reboot their computers throughout the day in order to take intraoral photos or X-rays. It doesn't list my specialty in Prosthodontics as a specialty!

Response from Andy

We have recently discovered that the imaging challenges described by this client seem to be limited to Kodak sensors. Curve Dental has an outstanding track record for reliability, innovation, and customer service, backed by more than 3,000 dental professionals managing the oral health records of more than 3,000,000 patients every day. In fact, a customer satisfaction survey conducted in May 2014 indicated 73% of all Curve Dental customers were likely to recommend the software to a colleague. Regardless, at Curve Dental every customer counts. We have taken careful note of this client's feedback and compared it to our current development plan. We will be giving this client a call to discuss further.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Andrew C.

Curve Dental Review

Reviewed on 5/12/2020

Pros

On the cloud, easy set-up and ability to upload our digital xrays into the system.

Cons

The interface of trying to use our digital xray sensor within the software is not as user friendly.

Jennifer S.
Industry: Executive Office

Great and super simple to use,anybody can use this software without absolutely any hesitation .

Reviewed on 27/07/2017

Pros

I like that the x-ray feature already comes installed.
It is super awesome to use and easy to read.
I also like the diagram that it gives you with different ways to place a cavity or crown. It lets us show the patients exactly where the problem is with detail and no confusion.

Cons

I wish that this program Had a better intake look. It doesn't allow us to customize without having admin rights.

Response from Curve Dental

Wow, a 5-star review! Thank you, Jennifer. We think native digital imaging is the bomb, too. Thank you for your kind review and best wishes to you and your practice!

Lesley H.

Love Curve

Reviewed on 6/09/2018

Pros

Cloud based, easy to use, the new dashboard is really cool.

Cons

Need electronic signatures. We love everything about Curve, but are considering switching to another software for this one particular feature.

Roberta M.

Very user friendly!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016

I think Curve is very user friendly and I like that I can access the database from any computer any where.

Response from Curve Dental

Roberta, being able to access patient information from any computer is a natural advantage the cloud has over older software. Thank you for the kind review and best wishes!

Tiffany T.

Rep was great

Reviewed on 11/07/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

the ability to do things so quickly and how easy it is to navigate through.

Cons

I do not care for the fact that I can not moved missed appointments.

Wilson A.

Pretty cool

Reviewed on 13/10/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Curve is one of the first dental practice software systems to be totally on the cloud! The other big names in dental practice software are just starting to develop cloud systems, but Curve is totally on the cloud. We can access the whole system from any computer with a secure internet connection. The company is also fun and quirky, and that is reflected in their marketing and communications. It makes you feel like you are part of a fun team! And it's easy to use!

Cons

The security settings need serious improvement. Sensitive patient information (like SSNs) should be masked, and admins should be able to control the settings for each user more. There are several items that not all of the staff should have access to or should be read-only (like prescriptions, billing information, the ability to modify invoices and write-off balances, and some functions in the admin section).

Melody P.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Very convenient cloud based program

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 5/12/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I've used this program primarily as an employee user, not as an administrator. I utilize the program primarily for charting. I am not fully familiar with all of its features, but have heard positive feedback from those who do use it as administrators.

Pros

The ability to log into the program from any computer or phone with internet connection is a great feature and extremely convenient. There's also no need to backup the PHI or data, as it is all uploaded to the cloud.

Cons

Sometimes the program can feel laggy, and it's difficult to know if it's due to internet connection vs the website itself. This can also occur more frequently when loading x rays. Some days are faster than others.

Jessica K.

Curve is easy and fun to use.

Reviewed on 1/12/2016

Curve has helped our office streamline working in the back and checking patients out in the front. We have been very happy.

Pros

Charting and treatment planning is very easy.

Cons

Billing and insurance claims

Response from Curve Dental

Hi, Jessica! We're improving our billing and you should you see changes soon that you should like. Thank you for your feedback and best wishes!

Jemma J.

New Office

Reviewed on 19/06/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

So far curve has proven itself to be user friendly and easy to learn which is great for a new office trying to establish processes and protocols.

Pros

Customer support has been very helpful to me, I am new to office management and also insurance billing so the streamlined process of sending claims has made it easier for me to learn.

Cons

I wish the software could account for or take in to consideration procedure frequencies, so that the system would know when certain procedures are completed and would calculate them as out of pocket when appropriate, I've used other systems in the past with this feature and its very helpful. I also think the software should be able to hold Lab information so that we can track lab cases within the software

Robin L.

Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Great customer support. If a problem can't be solved over a quick typed message, I always get a phone call.

Cons

sometimes I search for a topic and can't find information

D W.

Constant "upgrades" costing you money!!!

Reviewed on 18/02/2015

Curve could be a great software if they stopped "updating" their software, which has caused numerous problems including, & not limited to: scanning documents, screen resolution, and ease of use.

Initially, I was very impressed with Curve, they seemed to go above and beyond the call of duty in getting the conversion that we needed. As time went by, there started to be issues with ease of use as they frequently updated their system.

In 2013, they changed the way that the screen resolution behaved, making the screens that were okay'd by the company, no longer user friendly, causing multiple problems with the way the system behaved... Their solution was that we had to buy new screens and there was nothing they could do about it.

Recently, they changed the way that you upload files into their database. What was just a one step process has now become three... The scanner that I purchased for our practice was more than adequate to their guidelines according to Curve before the transition. The company's response is to buy new scanners. There wasn't any communication with us regarding this, prior to, or after this "update"... It wasn't until it didn't work at all that I had to call and find out what the issue was.

Response from Curve Dental

Not cool, for sure, and we apologize. We are constantly making changes to the software, as you said, to incorporate requests from our customers, to make sure our software stays relevant with newer hardware... It is unusual for one of our customers to find that new enhancements are no longer compatible with some hardware. Usually, that happens with older hardware, but on occasion the connection is lost. You can also imagine that with so many different models of scanners and monitors it's a challenge to get it right every time. But we'll keep trying! Thank you for your feedback. We hope all is well with your practice!