2,299 reviews

Kim D.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

I love Monday.com!

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Where do I start? This software is very affordable, and really helps with small business management. I work in transportation and customs brokerage, and since we implemented Monday.com as our customer facing communication device, we have seen a huge reduction in confusion, less emails being lost, and more customer satisfaction.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to manage, easy to implement. Monday.com portal software has improved our communications with our customers, and is extremely intuitive. Support is there if you need it, and they are consistently improving the features. I highly recommend!

Cons

The only improvement I would suggest is that each time a member is mentioned, the task goes back to the inbox for review. For example, I use the inbox as a to-do list, but what I think is done may have more requirements. It would be nice if the follow ups showed back up on my inbox. It would also be nice to have a payment feature, but I think that may be a third party app we can include. I need to look into it.

Caitlin K.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Helpful for making sure potential customers don't fall in the cracks

Reviewed on 5/01/2021

Helpful for keeping track of customers at all stages of a sale; helpful for tracking follow up emails so that I can maintain engagement with customers even after their purchase. Easy to use, visually pleasing, and with tons of customization tools that I haven't yet fully explored so I'd recommend checking out tutorials or watching demos in order to get the most out of it.

Pros

I use Monday to keep track of potential and current customers at all stages of the sales process. Sometimes someone emails me with a query and I respond but I don't hear back from them. By putting the customer's information in Monday I can make a note to check in with them again later; I can keep track of how many times I've followed up with them, and it's resulted in quite a few people becoming customers who might have otherwise fallen through the cracks between I am busy and have a lot on my mind. It's also helped me identify quite a few people who never saw my correspondence because my emails got filtered as spam, which was super helpful and resulted in sales when, without this tool, I might have assumed the person simply wasn't interested in what I'm selling. I've also used this tool once someone becomes a customer to track my correspondence with them throughout the process and to make sure I follow up with them afterwards. Finally, it features a ton of integrations with other apps.

Cons

I think there is a lot this tool has to offer that I haven't yet fully explored. When I play around with it I've discovered great templates and features but sometimes I just don't have the time to explore all those options. Though the format is not very daunting I would definitely recommend taking the time to sign up for some online trainings or demos, or to use the tutorials they have that show different ways this tool can be customized.

• Industry: Automotive
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best project management tool on the market

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

It is the best project management platform I have seen on the market. Free trial, very reasonable pricing. A very flexible user interface that satisfies every professional need regardless of your field.

Pros

I signed up for the free trial version of monday.com and immediately realized what a great tool it is! I have worked with Asana, Slack and Basecamp before but they don't even come close to monday.com. It gives you so many options for customization that no matter what field or profession you are in, you will find the right setting and layout. They offer great tutorial videos and the user interface is very easy to use.

You can keep all your tasks and projects in the same place, assign people to tasks, add deadlines. One of my favorite tools is that you can ask for an update on a pending project with 1 click - instead of constantly emailing and calling your team - which can make them frustrated. The other great tool is the automatic notification builder, that helps you stay up to date and constantly notifies you based on your settings. You can even build up tasks that depens on the previous task so your team members will know when you rely their task to be completed so you can start your part.

The pricing is very reasonable and they are customer service team is great, too!

Cons

I have been using monday.com for a few weeks and never had any problems with the program, the only annoying thing is they push their social media and youtube advertising really hard, so I keep getting ads every day but that is how they grew.

Colleen L.

Excellent Project Management Tool!

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

We desperately needed an easy to use, easy to update project management tool in our App Development company. The Sales Dept. would get calls from clients asking, "how's our app coming," and they had to e-mail the Tech Dept, wait for a response and then call the Customer back. Now, the Sales Dept. can see exactly what stage of Development the client's app or website is in and tell the customer right then and there. No wasted time e-mailing or returning phone calls.
Also, the Tech Dept. can see what the Sales Dept. has in the pipeline so they can predict what's coming in.

It has also helped us streamline processes for each Dept. The whole entire sales process can be mapped out with every step start to finish, with the final step being customer survey sent. You never forget to do any step any more! You can also customize your responses for each step along the way such as "Done" or "In Progress" or "Waiting For Client", etc.

The customer service with monday.com is excellent. That's a big deal to me. I don't want to hunt and peck around the internet trying to find chat groups or how to contact support. When you ask a question you get a response within a short period of time.

The software is pretty intuitive but there are support tools to learn tips and tricks.

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive. Customizable to your projects and company. You can easily monitor step by step processes in however many Departments you have in your company. I like that its now an app that can live in my button dock. One click and its open.

I like that you can discuss clients back and forth between team members.

Cons

Right now I can't think of anything. Perhaps there are glitches or design features that more advanced users might appreciate but for our needs it works exactly as we need it to.

Marianna B.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

monday.com and never go back

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Juggling a multitude various tasks and projects with a mostly remote team can be hard enough. Learning a new software, especially a project management software shouldn't be difficult as well. This system, in my opinion, is the absolute cleanest and easiest-to-use project management platform on the market. Deceptively simple in design, this platform offers a robust (and fun) way to track all of your individual and team projects. This platform requires minimal hands-on time for set up and templates are easy enough to customize for special needs.

Pros

The clean design is my absolute favorite thing about this platform. Badly designed project management platforms just create noise around data. Onboarding teammates is incredibly fast since the interface is so intuitive, which has lead to higher adoption.

Cons

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I wish more people in my organization were on this as opposed to Trello or Jira.

Amy S.

Very user-friendly interface

Reviewed on 9/06/2019

We're a group of freelancers who collaborate on business together. We needed a common project management tool that would enable us to collect projects, timelines, notes and attachments all in one place.

Pros

I love how simple, intuitive and lovely the interface is. It actually makes project management a joy. Other project management software I've tried felt like it took too much time just to manage the software itself. There were too many menus to sift through. Comments were too hard to find, and my team was not keen on using it. Monday is so simple, so clean and visual that our whole team has quickly embraced it. I'm even putting my personal projects into it. One of my favorite features is the ability to make checklists in the comments area. Our team is coming up with all sorts of ways to use those (i.e.: check this off to confirm you've read the comment, etc.). We haven't been using Monday for long, so I'm curious to see how we continue to adapt it to meet our needs. I also like that there are templated projects that you can use to get started. I haven't been this excited about a project management platform in a long time, if ever.

Cons

That my team loves it so much they're going crazy making lots of projects and posts, lol.

David M.

Really cool platform but still has some key missing features

Reviewed on 5/05/2020

It's a cool tool and is helpful. Just make sure it is for you. Seems like a really cool company as well.

Pros

It is a great way to assign tasks and manage people within a company, all while keeping track of planning and providing structure and order to your work. The design for assigning tasks and managing work is its key feature in my opinion.

Cons

There is basically no calendar option, and to me, I need to work off a calendar. I wish they could integrate with google calendar or at least have a calendar of their own. Also if you are not managing others or assigning tasks, to me there really isn't a point.

Response from monday

Hey David! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the platform and making use of it for assigning tasks to your team and managing progress. As for the calendar option, have you checked out our calendar view? Using that, you can view all the information from your board in a calendar interface! In addition, if you're using a date column, you can sync all of the dates with your google calendar. You can read more about syncing your monday.com dates into your calendar here: https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001362725-How-to-use-the-Calendar-Integration. If this isn't helpful, let us know and we'd be happy to further assist.

Mavares P.

Who is busy at this time? Use Monday.com to find out.

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Check projects and tasks in an easy and fast way

Pros

The new technologies try, very often, to simplify a great amount of processes, reducing them to their minimum expression, the Monday platform, allows the tracking in a single board, which, allows to observe in real time, the different functions that all the members of the team are performing. By just adding your projects, the assignment of tasks is done in a simple way, then, you only have to assign the work teams and let the platform do the rest, showing from the initial state of the project, as well as the different stages to be developed. In this way, the planning and execution of the deliveries and advances by all the members of the work team is facilitated. Add "pulses" to maintain effective communication and automatically reduce planning and meeting time, saving costs on calls and significantly reducing the number of emails; But centralizing the main documents. Are you busy at this time? Use Monday.com to find out.

Cons

It is very important for the different organizations, regarding the administration of projects, to take into account the different cost structures, in this way, it is possible to measure the impact that the use of the different administrative solutions has on the resources, this way, a very expensive platform or one that does not fit the size of our project, more than an advantage can become a real problem. In the same way, it is important to take into account, the general state of our computers in office or laptops, so that this type of tools can be used with the greatest efficiency.

Patrick M.

Easy to use, organized, helpful, adaptable

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

Pros

What I like most about Monday, is that it is highly adaptable to the ever changing needs of workflow. As the business is continually evolving, so are the options and coordination of this useful business tool. The workflow from start to finish can be easily integrated to any model . Some advanced specifications can be simplified into columns and colors so that work is easily tracked along it's path without the hassle of using an excel sheet, as everything is as simple as drag and drop or clicking a drop down menu of infinitely customizable descriptions, and attachments that keep the employees along each important step of the process on the same page at all times.

Cons

What I like least about Monday does not impact the user experience to deeply, but what I see as a con is the lack of customizable themes. For example, having a dark theme for the page may be more conducive to a worker who uses this program at night in order to not have such a harshly bright white light emitting from the screen. Interchangeable icons and backgrounds, etc would be more helpful to customize the pages to fit the style of certain companies, especially one like ours where graphics are an important part of holding up a corporate image.

Sidney S.

Agency Setting - Conflicted

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

I love it and hate it. If another company created the exact same structure and ease of use for the same price or less, I'd most likely leave Monday immediately/

Pros

The ease of use and layout allows for EASY workflow and quick task management.

Cons

The design can sometimes feel stale after use. Also, the features are far more lacking compared to competitors. Every day I check competitors and wish to change, but the competitors don't have the same layout for ease of use. Plus, this is very expensive for the plans you'll need for team related items.

monday for the week

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

I started to use at work but I love it so much that now I also usually for personal purposes. Definitely my favorite time management software.

Pros

I love how we can set up different activities in a way that it's easy to have an overview of all daily/weekly/monthly duties we have.

Cons

In the beginning I was very confused because I have never used a project management so complete like Monday. Also when I started you guys just had a version in English which for me It was ok but for my fellow co-workers that did not understand english it was very hard.

Response from monday

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed monday.com and like how you can have oversight over all of your duties. We offer the platform in different languages, so it might help your co-workers to switch the language for easier use!

Tony L.

More pleasant to use than Jira

Reviewed on 27/07/2020

Pros

I like the boards where we can see a lot of items and details for all of them. Drag and drop are quick and small amount of clicks is needed to do an operation.

Cons

I don't like the "info boxes" feature because I feel it's limited. Textareas are tight and there is very limited text formatting, and the fact all boxes are collapsed by default.

Response from monday

Glad to hear that you're loving the drag and drop features. Infoboxes can be a bit limiting so I recommend using the updates section for text formatting, dynamic updates and communication with your team.

Jayme A.

The BEST Task Management Software for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 5/02/2019

My overall experience has been excellent. I have been using the software for a while now and absolutely love it. I can't imagine ever needing a new or different project management software!

Pros

I love the ease of use of Monday.com. I have used other project management software before, but found them clunky and complicated. In order to get more done and spend less time entering tasks, I set out to find a better and cleaner system. In that search I found monday.com and have recommended it to everyone I can think of. They are always updating it and making it better, and I love that about it. I can spend more time working and less time tracking without losing the detailed analysis of work that I am looking for.

Their customer service team rocks too! They respond withing minutes, pretty much every time!

Cons

There are some small features that I wish it had, but from what I hear from their excellent support team, they are in the works! At least for me, monday.com is the perfect software to meet my business needs.

Marc T.

A bit of patience and focus Monday.com will transform your work life!

Reviewed on 25/04/2021

Wanted a more efficient way to manage internal processes and the ability to refine and document best practices. Tear off the lid on the most successful contributors/managers across the organization and what they DO in order to be better as an organization.
Wanted a way to keep track of everything and focus limited human resources to maximize efficiency.

Pros

Hard to know what people were working on so had to send emails to get updates - now NO time spent reading, writing, or dealing with internal emails
Know where everything stands - no redundancy
Customizable
CRM automation and integrations
Following up leads easily and not having to get things buried in the box
Onboarding clients is faster
Management time saved
Everyone at the company is united and on the same page

Cons

I am not a fan of the sidebar to include minor or tasks as it feels a bit clunky.
The learning curve, for me, was a bit long. Not that it's hard to use but it's that there are SO SO many things this software does to make your life easier and more efficient we are STILL uncovering new and better ways of doing things.

Kelly G.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

A friendly project manager

Reviewed on 19/01/2020

I think this is the best option for traditional applications such as Excel and spreadsheets that are often not the easiest to use, this is the improved version of that. Monday has allowed us to improve in our tasks and has completely improved the order in the team as well, It is very nice to see what each team member is working on, so that we can organize better.

Pros

I like the simple thing in the main thing, and Monday It is quite useful to make a total follow-up during the different projects in which we work, besides being very simple to use that is a point in favor for any team. The support worked great when I needed it.

Cons

Although I do not see points against, I could talk about the price, which I feel that for a small company can be something difficult to afford, I would also like that in the trial version you can export all the work done.

Lars D.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Extremely easy to get started, get going and sharing!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016

Checking numerous tools for project mgmt, Monday.com stands out from the crowd in simplicity of use, getting started right away and easy to share. You don't have to be an IT-specialist or rocket scientist to understand and use in minutes. Monday.com gives me a full overview on running projects, as well as helping me keep track of the steps along the way. 5 stars of 5.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to share, easy to develop to your own needs. Extremely good overview of workflows. No clicking a lot of menus, all functionality easily accessible. And pretty much explains itself as you start working with it.

Cons

The simplicity of use and functionality has on a few occasions made me wish for more complexity and interaction. But in almost all of these cases, I changed business requirements/processes = meaning my initial take on it was too complicated, and monday.com was part of the simplification process. A Con turned into a Pro.

Response from daPulse

This is exactly how we thought dapulse Lars! We wanted to build a tool anyone could use, and easily understand :) What's even better in your review, is how dapulse could help you simplify your workflow. That's most probably one of the best comment we've read so far! Keep on rocking, and thank you!

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Excellent Program

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

I really loved monday.com. I was looking for a new management site to use because I love to color code everything and trello just was not offering a lot of options for there free membership. I saw an ad on tv saying that Monday.com was free and so I jumped at the opportunity to give it a go. I fell in love with all the customizing you could do. The website was easy to set up and it allows for you to set your own tags as well as assigned people. It even has a mobile app you could use.

Although Monday.com was an excellent site there were something that did bother me. For example the commerical said the site was Free. However, it is not free it is a free trial and after that you have to sign up for a membership. Which is not a problem because I don't mind paying for a product, but when you're using it just to simply keep track of things and you only a solo person using it, it is a little pricey. They even charge for a basic plan that doesn't offer a lot of features and so I feel it should actually be free. Also, they tend to force the annual plan down your throat and you have to pay close attention to find the monthly membership.

Overall, despite those few things I can say that I do recommend monday.com for those who can afford it, but if you can't afford to pay a monthly or annually membership I would suggest looking for another option.

Pros

Really good organizing
Have the ability to set your own tags
Easy To Use
Has a mobile app
Free Trial

Cons

Free Trial
Costs A lot
Tries to Force Annually Membership On You

Hannah S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Life Changer

Reviewed on 19/02/2019

Our law firm did not have a functional CRM, and it was a complete nightmare. I tried everything from Google Sheets, to OneNote, to HubSpot, and none of them worked. They weren't customizable, the customer service wasn't helpful, and they all utilize a one size fits all approach. Monday.com has played a true part in growing our business, as we're less focused on scrambling to ensure we haven't let anything slip past us in terms of follow ups with clients, project management, billing tracking, document storage, and more. This program works great for trying to keep track of multiple clients and follow up, keeping everyone on the same page, and enabling your contact storage and document storage all in one place. This program has sincerely saved MY life, and my colleagues talk about how thankful they are for this as well, after working at multiple large companies and never finding a program that works as well as this. Thank goodness for Monday.com!

Pros

This software has changed the way our healthcare practice runs. Nothing falls through the cracks, we have a place to store documents, and it's easy to use. This program is fantastic.

Cons

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the mobile application. I still have it, and use it, but I wish it was a bit easier to use.

Thomas B.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

monday.com- Simplifying complicated processes

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

For our company we have a lot of sales orders which can be active for several years before completion. It is imperative for us to keep track of key development using monday.com. It is visual and easy to manage. We use it at as a tool to provide an overview that is not possible in our production system. We use several main boards describing different phases of an order providing a linear approach to our orders. Where the order/pulse is moved through these phases/boards we can keep track of new key development. The last phase is constructed as a database were we store all our pulses/orders which provides great traceability.
monday.com is a highly versatile system letting you design/tailor your own approach to project management.

Pros

- Visual approach
- Two clicks away from the deepest level of the system
- Versatility
- Easy to tailor to own needs

Cons

- limited possibility for automated processes
- using filter to exclude content on the boards

Leng V.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Monday.com is Excellent for Team management

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

My overall experience is excellent. The software is very flexible and have options for almost everything. You can also see how they keep improving and adding features for the same plan.

Pros

It's easy to customize to the organization needs and super-interactive. In our team, we all use our computers with the software open and make changes in real time, and it updates instantaneously, which is great.

Cons

The software could still improve some details, such as the fact that tasks can't be moved from one board to another one while the sorting option is enabled. That is a little bit annoying.

Anilyn P.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great for Agile driven businesses

Reviewed on 29/04/2020

I would totally recommend it. It has helped us apply our Scrum knowledge to each project.

Pros

We have recently added Monday.com to our team and if you're an Agile type of business where you want to easily assign tasks and share ideas, information, then this is the right software for you. This software has helped us with taking accountability for each backlog task or project. It is a great way to know where your weaknesses are as a team, since it's visual, it's easier to for all of us to see the big picture.

Cons

Sometimes the system freezes. I personally am very pleased with the software and hot it has helped out team to optimize our backlog. Before we used to do it by hand and sticky notes.

Response from monday

Hey Anilyn! Thanks for leaving a review. We are happy to hear that you're happy with the program and that it has helped your team stay accountable and maintain awareness of where projects are at. We are sorry that the system has frozen on you before -- we understand that is not ideal. You can check our upkeep here to see if we are experiencing any outages: https://status.monday.com.

Mazyar m. H.
  • Industry: Law Practice

The Best Tool to Get Things Done

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Overall, my experience with Mondays.com was a revelation. Seriously. This tool somehow incorporated many of the ideas and best-practices I had been thinking about for years. But I'm no programmer so I was stuck using whatever tools that were available. Then this product literally fulfilled every idea and need I had about how to collaborate within my office (4 users, often 2 or more remote). The bigger the office (4 members and up), the better fit I would expect to see with this tool. But overall, I can't say enough good things about it. It's easy to use. I expect most users will be up and running in one afternoon.

Pros

Easy to use. Intuitive. Flexible. Customizable. Instantly enables collaboration and informs all parties (inside the office as well as customers and business partners) what's going on.

Cons

Monday.com is so extensible and comprehensive that it can be too much at times. The flip side of having a vast, complete tool is maneuvering around without too many clicks or toggles. Compare Microsoft Outlook to gMail for instance. Not that Monday.com is a memory hog or drags down one's system like Outlook, but sometimes you just want something nimble to hop in and out. Maybe this tool is best used for groups and enterprises. For my small business it seemed to be too much at times.

Elizabeth J.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Huge functionality but easy enough to get started

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

A few months in our tiny team is still learning and adapting. However I've tried SEVERAL other online project management tools and this one has been by far the easiest, with the quickest results and most intuitive interface. This is the longest I've ever continued using such a product - usually I've given up within a month or two in despair at the work and time taken to get value.

Pros

It's quick and easy to use, intuitive in many ways, and brilliantly customisable. Also, affordable for our team. Easy to organise boards exactly as one would want to, or suit a particular project or organisation.

Cons

The very fact that it is SO customisable, and with so many options, has meant that there is a bit of work involved at the beginning to figure out how to set things up in a way that works for us. For now - as simple as possible. However I believe we'll grow into the functionality more and more over time.

Terra G.

The best thing ever. Revolutionized how we manage our projects.

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

Organizing our projects become easier, sharing that progress with clients is easier, billing for projects is easier, chatting about the tasks and sharing files is easier...seriously...everything is easier with Monday.com.

Pros

Being able to customize anything we want. We assign colors to employees so we can see who is falling behind or carrying the majority of the workload. We can see if a certain client has a lot of urgent items and needs more attention. We can share our progress with clients so they can see in real-time what we are working on. We've created a way for Billing to know when it is time to bill for a project b y using the tags feature. The software is simply amazing. I cannot recommend it enough.

Cons

I would like a way to sync certain items so they could be on 2 boards at once. I reached out to support about it and they were friendly, helpful, and gave me a great suggestion. It's not exactly what I want, but it absolutely works better than nothing. Seriously, my only complaint is that one tiny feature request.

Martine P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great project management tool. Easy to use and intuitive

Reviewed on 2/02/2021

Reduce silo effect between departments. Easily keep track of project status.

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to track everything within the company and plan ahead. The free version is what initially drew us to the tool.

Cons

When we signed up, we were under the impression that we would be able to use the free version of the tool indefinitely (Monday.com advertized it as such) . However, after a certain time elapsed and we had converted our entire team to using the tool, we stopped being able to access our infomration unless we paid for the more expensive version, which we culd not afford at the time, so was a huge disappointment for us. We lost a LOT of data and had to re-do a lot of the setup work we had invested with another tool.