Sciforma

Project and Portfolio Management Software

4.4 /5 (40 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.1
4.2
4.1
4.5
Grayson T.

Sciforma timesheets

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Pros

Simple to use for tracking weekly time sheets

Cons

Somewhat cluttered interface. Almost useless on mobile.

Jasmine C.

Sciforma pros and cons

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Pros

Category of projects and non-project work are distinguishable. Easy to select task of every project when expanded.

Cons

The actual and predicted times on top of each other can look visually confusing.

Gianmarco F.

We decided to evaluate a new PPM platform and we migrated to Sciforma.

Reviewed on 9/05/2018

Simplicity in the use and ready to start procedures made the change very quick and effective.
Different methodologies (Critical Path/Agile/Prince2) are included in the setting.
We can keep under control our processes in a easier way

Pros

The software is definitely very simple to be used and it doesn't need customization because the "out of the box" features are very wide. The team accepted the change and in a short time we have been running at 100%.

Cons

so far I haven't had any issue with Sciforma, it meets my expectations. We had some troubles installing the on premise version. The support we got was very prompt and the configuration problems were solved in a short time.

Rudy B.

It´s the best way to manage our project, portfolio and risks.

Reviewed on 9/05/2018

It´s the best way to manage our project, portfolio and risks.
It s easy to set and use (very user friendly)
It allows us to manage project using waterfall or scrum methodology
Give us a real added value
We can use it from a table, laptop or a mobile.

Pros

It s easy to set and use (very user friendly)
It allows us to manage project using waterfall or scrum methodology
Give us a real added value
We can use it from a table, laptop or a mobile.

Cons

We have a SaaS version for our company so we need to have internet conexion all the time in order to use it.

Neda E.

Sciforma Review

Resource Allocation, program management

Pros

Customer service, New versions every month to get rid of the annoying bugs

Cons

Designer view could get really complicated

Daniel B.

Excellent tool : complete and easy to use

Reviewed on 9/09/2015

I have spent a lot of time testing a couple of major company's project management software. While most of them fell way below our expectations, Sciforma scored highest on our RFP submissions.
I wanted a very complete, easy to use tool and after a trial period of 90 days we knew Sciforma was the best product to go with. With over 1000 employees imputing time and 60 project managers, we are thankful to finally be able to manage our projects.  Most of our projects are short, less than six months, but Sciforma handles our larger projects just as easily as the smaller ones. Budget management was one of our biggest concerns. We use Sciforma's Cost Centers to administer the various programs and allocate accordingly to our projects. We also know where we stand with each program.

I definitely recommend Sciforma.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Good product for project management

Reviewed on 8/12/2018

It is pretty easy to use.

Pros

It is very well categorized with very much details needed for updating the time spent over the week.

Cons

The layout could be improved to be more user friendly. When more projects added to the worksheet, the layout can be a bit confusing.

Assaf K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 30/12/2018

Jean-philippe C.

Reviewed on 22/03/2018

Jennifer W.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Best single-platform product on the market for waterfall, Agile or hybrid

Reviewed on 22/05/2020

I cannot say enough positive things about the team members I have directly interacted with at Sciforma. From the trainers, to my Customer Success Manager, to members of the support and product development teams. Everyone is accommodating, helpful and collaborative. I was already confident that Sciforma as a solution was the right choice for my organization's needs; the people supporting you are outstanding too! One thing to be prepared for is that the back-end can be a little daunting for admins who are not well-versed in both system configuration and project management. If you are not that comfortable, you will still have a wonderful support team to help you.

Pros

I have reviewed, implemented, used and replaced several enterprise-level PPM solutions. Sciforma is, in my opinion, the best single-platform solution on the market to enable teams to run various methodologies, yet still report holistically at the enterprise level regardless of the methodology used to run each project. It's a true one-stop-shop for an organization that wants the flexibility to manage projects differently. You are able to do all traditional project management functions related to schedule, Gantt, budget, resource allocation, portfolio reporting and more. The Agile features are simpler than some of the big-name leaders who focus ONLY on Agile, yet robust enough that prior users of those large systems will still find comfort in managing their Agile efforts in Sciforma. For those organizations who are more comfortable with a hybrid-approach, this solutions easily integrates iterations/sprints into the Gantt view. If you have a Steering Committee making decisions about which projects should be started and when, or if your Finance group wants to in-depth financial impacts of the projects, this solution will make everyone happy. Sciforma is going to change how my organization approaches project and resource allocation decisions.

Cons

There are a couple things I'd like to see improved in the tool, though this may be personal preference.
1) I would prefer more automated data to be shown in the out-of-the-box project status reports rather than subjective text boxes and some high-level project data points.
2) I prefer an Agile burndown chart that predicts the sprint completion.
This said, Sciforma does allow you to build custom things (like the status report I want to see), and I've been able to create wish-list tickets for future development--and the product team has accepted several suggestions and placed them on the product roadmap.

David G.

Much Left to Be Desired

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Overall, I have had an average experience with SciForma. It's excels in record-keeping but can be quite clunky to use. I wish the UI/UX would be improved so using SciForma wouldn't be as hard to use than it currently is.

Pros

I like how it keeps track of your previous records and is good for accountability purposes. It is extremely convenient and easy to see what tasks I have been working on the past few weeks.

Cons

Many times the software UI is very clunky and leaves for a fairly annoying experience. Once in a while, buttons don't work and certain loading screens freeze. Though the effects are not critical, I do find the software to be somewhat of a pain to deal with at time and I think that's something that SciForma shouldn't be.

Lisa L.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Very Useful Tool

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Pros

This software is very useful. It helps to track project milestones, project status, project costs. It also can be customized to meet our company needs. Sciforma engineering team is very helpful and responsive. They helped to create different dashboards we requested for different groups such as engineering group, finance group and operation group. Also these dashboards can be exported to an excel file to email to different groups.

Cons

As far, I do not feel any feature is missing as this software supports all our requirements.

George B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Very good tool if you use out of the box.

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Good. Although the sluggishness of the system does negativelly affect how it is seen by our organisation.

Pros

- User interface is great
- Ability to override forms, create our own dashboards.
- Having a Business Case centre and demand management helped us

Cons

*General slowness regarding:
- SSO
- Gantt chart manipulation - scheduling a simple task requires a lot of patience as the system takes a while to validate entries and save them. Very cumbersome and we had a lot of complains with this.
- Slow moving from one screen to another

* small number of built in reports. Other tools have a whole bunch of reports to chose from and also allow you to create reports by selecting what objects go where - a more intuitive and user friendly report building mechanism.

Rose K.

Very good software, simple and effective.

Reviewed on 30/10/2015

Pros

I have been working with Sciforma for a couple of years and have gained experience as both a user and a consultant. In my opinion, these are their three main advantages:

1. The interface is very clear and intuitive; everything has been made to facilitate the use of the software. The user approval at my customer’s has been pretty good so far.

2. I like their pricing model, which is based on users roles. It’s pretty flexible and allows for scalability. My customer started with only 30 users and now has grown to 120 users. They wanted to implement time tracking in phase 2 of their deployment; the user console Sciforma provides allowed me to do the configuration exactly as requested, thus meeting their needs 100%.

3. They offer a lot of features, which is great for me as a consultant. I can offer Sciforma to pretty much all of my customers and tailor it to meet their needs.

Cons

I don’t have any issues so far, my customers are really happy about the tool.

Nicole-marie H.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Good UX, However Highly Specific Tracking Capabilities Facilitate Micromanagement

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Pros

Sciforma has a sleek user interface that allows users to pin certain projects to their timesheet every week, hide less important / inactive projects, and annotate individual tasks with ease. I've also never experienced trouble with the platform loading slowly or crashing. Overall the software provides a good user experience.

Cons

Sciforma allows users to track their time down to half-hour increments. While this feature may be useful in a legal firm or other setting where very small time increments need to be kept track of and billed to separate clients, in a normal lab-based or office-based setting this degree of granularity is not necessary. Attempting to track working time down to the half-hour is both impractical and facilitates micromanagement when supervisors approve timesheets. This is not an inherent limitation of the software, however workplaces adopting Sciforma should be cognisant of this effect and allow employees to log time in a weekly percent-based manner rather than logging every hour of every day.

Ofer P.

The best PPM solution

Reviewed on 6/12/2018

working with Sciforma for the last 6 years

Pros

Holistic, Scalability, Flexibility, UI/UX, Hybrid in many ways, For example: SaaS & OnPremise , Agile & Waterfall

Cons

Document management, Lack of structured integrations for ALM tools, and viewers

Kevin N.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Sciforma is a great project management tool!

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Sciforma helps us with our project management needs, specifically R&D projects.

Pros

As a certified project manager (PMP), I can say this software fits very nicely with my training and it has great ease of use.

Cons

So far, this software has not presented any cons to our organization. Obviously we wish the price per user per month was lower, but the price is very fair.

Paul A.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 16/04/2014

We started with PS7, a forerunner to Sciforma's current portfolio/project management software. We track around 500 projects each year and manage over 6000 employees. Our executives can easily see the bottom line using Sciforma reports and our workers always know what is coming up next. It's kept us going for over 15 years. I'd highly recommend this for any size business.

Anthony B.

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Pros

easy to use , tidy database, easy access to info

Cons

none really. Everything about it speaks of making it use friendly.

Dave B.

VP of Pharmacy Operations

Reviewed on 8/02/2018

Pros

The setup is a free base setup which allows for you to design any task you wish to be monitored. This is important for large projects

Cons

Only set up for large projects with start to finish features. Not user friendly for multi-repetitive task management

Eric C.

Sciforma Review

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Pros

The ability to pin projects to repeat each week is a helpful tool for ongoing projects.

Cons

Removing project groups alters previously submitted timesheets

Thi H.

Project Oriented Sciforma

Reviewed on 8/04/2020

Our company started using Sciforma since last year especially for the Project Management related things such as planning, managing, and monitoring and controlling.

Pros

Designer mode, that allows us the flexibility and capability to create and modify our own tools for the production view.

Cons

So far, I don't see anything that I don't like because the more I explore, the more I learn something new.

Bongani bruce B.

Beautifully laid out, very intuitive, leverages the best of the tech it's built on.

Reviewed on 9/05/2018

Our clients have great visibility on the work we are doing for them, we can easily anticipate risks and be able to manage them in a way that set's very clear and resolute expectations, from an Agile development point of view our team collaborates in a way much much better than before while at the same time giving a clear picture to the client side PMs who typically manage their projects in a waterfall fashion. Everyone is part of the same picture.

Pros

User adoption is key in any enterprise system, Sciforma's ease of use enables that, it is quite intuitive and a beautiful sight to behold, we've come to see that users highly appreciate that effort. Technically it is very strong (the strongest) yet fully maintaining the balance between technical complexity and ease of use.

With the release of Sciforma 7.1 we've seen massive leaps forward on a solution that was already at a peak compared to it's rivals, the introduction of Programme Management amongst, and the focus on building stronger connections with various data elements has seen Sciforma being highly appraised by our clients.

Cons

There are very little to no cons, everyone ultimately has their preference and Sciforma is ours. We are fully confident in the continuity that Sciforma constantly reassures us with by staying ahead of the race and breaking new grounds in this space.

Tarun K.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Using Sciforma for Project Management at DHS - State of MN

Reviewed on 6/12/2018

I have been using Sciforma since 2016. It is easy to use, user-friendly and above all helpful in project management.

Pros

Great tool for time tracking, project scheduling and status reporting to executives.

Cons

Less self-help sections for learning the tool.

Kimberly J.
  • Industry: Insurance

Timetracking

Reviewed on 27/04/2020

Pros

It's great for time tracking, which is what we mostly use it for.

Cons

Sciforma lacks reporting features, it seems like it could be stronger in that area.