Finale Inventory

Cloud-based inventory management for growing businesses

4.7 /5 (156 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.6
4.4
4.5
4.7
James L.

Finally, An Inventory Management Solution That Does Just That, Really Well

Reviewed on 25/09/2015

After months of testing and trialing every inventory management software and system on the market, Finale has been such a blessing! From the very first day of signing up, the Finale owner and team have been extremely helpful and responsive to any and every one of our questions or concerns.

The interface, layout and organization of the Finale app is extremely user-friendly and does not distract the user with unnecessary formats, colors, layouts and displays. We love the minimalist approach. Everything you need and nothing you don't. The search feature is so optimal and incomparably easy to use within every view option. Your search results are instant and appear immediately as you start typing.

Finale has the best import tool we have ever seen. You simply copy cells from excel and paste them into the web browser. Finale takes care of the rest. This truly intuitive copy/paste import feature makes saving, importing and editing your catalog via excel spreadsheets a thing of the past.

Generating purchase and sales orders were a real pain-point with previous trial services. PO generating in Finale is intuitive and automatic enough so that anyone on our team could go in and place orders with the suppliers stored in the system. You can also create custom fields, which we use for internal communication to streamline our operations.

If you use Ship Station (in our opinion the best shipping management software), this is where Finale’s strength is. It flawlessly sync’s with Ship Station ensuring that you only ship products that are in stock and order out-of-stock items. Finale gives you the things you want in an inventory management software without all the fluff. We tried other solutions that tried to be an all-in-one solution, but they all end up being mediocre services. Finale does one thing really well and that’s inventory management.

Regular updates of the software leave our team comfortable knowing that as a system, Finale is always pushing for optimal streamlined cutting edge performance and integrations.

We are elated to be using Finale and already have accounts for both of our companies.

Pros

Cloud based, unlimited users, copy and paste import and edit features, easy stock take, integration with ShipStation with regular attention and upgrades. Strongest search feature we’ve seen. Slick interface and automatic purchase order generation.

Cameron L.

Is slower than God

Reviewed on 25/07/2020

Pros

Was pretty easy to use, although cumbersome with all the screens you have to use to add on product, cannot add inventory from the item page, so quite a few unnecessary clicks there. Also goes into negative inventory which for us means when there is an error we have to manually reset items to zero, would be nice if there was an option to just have inventory go to 0. Also be nice if it has a seasonality feature for ordering, like we need more of this widget for winter etc.

Cons

It stalls out constantly, no matter the browser no matter the computer, especially on weekends basically unusable, and by the time email support gets back to you it is better again, but they never admit an issue or offer a fix or apology.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

David L.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

10/10

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

I am very satisfied with the system. Never regretted my decision in choosing your services. After-sales service is also top-notch. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very knowledgeable and helpful. I am looking forward to your improvements coming end of the year as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has mentioned.

Pros

I like most is its flexibility to handle items with serial numbers.

Cons

Some functions are not present like returning an item to a supplier is not available in the Purchase Order and I would have wanted to be able to write a note per serial number/Lot ID.

Caleb L.
Industry: Wholesale

The best recommendation for a warehouse management system we've ever gotten!

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Pros

I have been using Finale for over Six months now and it really has been one of the better decisions that we have made moving forward with a warehouse management system. It was recommended to us by mutual friends. We came from using Skubana and there were so many things that just didn't work nor met our expectations about a WMS. We had to change a lot of our natural workflow to adapt to Skubana limitations and even then, it was a struggle.

When we first considered changing our system to Finale we were very sceptical since we had already committed so much to Skubana. We thought we would need to start back at square one and the entire gruesome process would start again. That wasn't the case at all, the switch over to Finale was not even a days' worth of work. It was so easy to set everything up that we were operating at 80% in the first 3 hours.

One of the most notable things about Finale is that we were able to address every single problem that our previous WMS could not. Some examples were Dynamic Purchase Order Integration, Location Auditing, System Search functions (Searched the entire database for items rather than just what is categorized under a supplier), and the ability to push fake qty and live qty for the same item for different listings on the same store. Finale works on having the system work, while some other WMS (Skubana) work on making their systems look good.

I look forward to seeing Finale grow more and more!

Cons

Nothing really, so far Finale has been really great. I have already been recommending Finale to a lot my other eCommerce friends that work in similar workflows that we do.

Powerful functionality , Subpar UX

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Overall I feel like Finale Inventory offers the most robust, powerful inventory management platform out there.

Pros

Overall, the functionality Finale Inventory offers is better than all the other software platforms I have tested and used over the years. The ability to map product aliases to a master sku is a necessary process I have found lacking on similar platforms. Finale offers a simple and straightforward way to manage this.

Setting up warehouses

Cons

The user interface is lacking. The platform is fast and their simple UI keeps it that way, but it certainly looks outdated. In addition their reporting and document templates are lacking, with a non-intuitive way to customize them.

Also, there's no real FBA integration. Essentially, you set up a virtual type of warehouse, call it AMAZON-FBA, set inventory levels, and then map those sales to that warehouse. There's no real querying of FBA to check inventory levels and show discrepancies. Although their approach is workable, it would very nice to actually have a real integration with FBA rather than a band-aid approach.

Ember H.
Industry: Sports

Simple & Powerful

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Finale has helped my company make operations fast, efficient and accurate so we can spend less time on operations and more time on sales and customer relations. The customer support at Finale is pretty incredible...I've called out of the blue and gotten someone on a screenshare call within minutes to fix an issue. Overall this software may not look like the most high tech inventory solution out there, but simply put, it works. Give them a try.

Pros

It's everything you need an inventory software to do simply and easily without bloat or unnecessary features. Finale integrates seamlessly with all our sales channels and works perfectly all the time. We have multiple warehouses. Before Finale, I used to have to manually update this inventory from multiple spreadsheets...it took about 4 hours every week. Now the same exact task takes me about 4 minutes and I do it daily. We are have increased accuracy with less work. The single best feature about Finale is the product lookups that allow you to match multiple sku variations to one primary sku.

Cons

The returns and exchanges process needs improvement. I would like to create PO's in bulk.

Christopher S.

Wish I'd found Finale years ago

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

Syncs inventory across all selling channels to prevent overselling and underselling. Handles kits/bundles with no problem.

Pros

I've evaluated a few other solutions and for the money, Finale is great. There is a learning curve and it certainly helps if you're good with excel. But once you get things set up it's phenomenal. No more worrying about overselling - it syncs up with all our venues almost in real time. Also - and this can't be stressed enough - no more UNDERselling. We used to leave stock aside as a buffer to prevent overselling. Now we're confident keeping all that we have listed as stock changes (for breakage/miscount/etc) take seconds and are uploaded to all venues within minutes. I wish I'd have found this years ago!

Cons

The documentation can be a little confusing/incomplete in places but customer service is very responsive. Also, getting it to integrate with OpenCart was a bit of a chore but OpenCart almost always requires a little finagling to get things to work so I'm used to it. The only other thing that I'd like to see is a mobile app for quick inventory changes when we're away from a desktop/laptop. I tried bringing the desktop site up on my android phone and it doesn't work very well.

Rob S.
Industry: Biotechnology

Very intuitive inventory software and easy to setup and use!

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

Tracking our inventory! Finale does everything an inventory software should do for your business.

Pros

The best thing about Finale is the ease of use of the software. Everything is mostly self-explanatory and there is no need to spend a week training on the system because it is so easy to use.

Cons

Some of the report customizations can be daunting because is requires coding some spots, but other than that it is still easy to use.

Collin O.
Industry: Restaurants

Amazing Product + Customer Service

Reviewed on 8/02/2019

Amazing. They really go above and beyond with customer service.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. Once you learn all of the basics, it is very easy to navigate.

When you are learning, reach out to their support team and they will assist you along the way. They will help give you initial lessons and then also take calls to help you if you need further assistance. Response is always very quick.

Cons

Nothing really, it is awesome. If you get stuck on something, they even have tutorials built in.

Greg P.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

My Inventory Experience with Finale was and is amazing!!! They have a solution for EVERYTHING!

Reviewed on 3/08/2017

Faster turn times, Less man hours

Pros

I like everything about it. It tracks my inventory, it allocates my inventory for my orders. It helps me tell in my shipstation integration what I am able to ship and not ship saving me hours and hours of man time. Its tells me what I have at all times, so I know what I need to fufill the rest of my orders.

Oh and on top of all that the Service I get from the team is amazing! They are able to answer any questions I have very thuroughly and give me direction and solutions to any and all issues that I am facing.

Zak Y.

Reviewed on 7/02/2019

Pros

Extremely cost effective
Great integration with shipstation/shopify
Ease of use and customization for reports and documents

Cons

Faster options for bulk shipping with barcoding, (i.e. if I am shipping the same product from the same sublocation 500 times, I would like to not have to scan in each of those 500 orders)
Integration with Microsoft GP
better or more clear ways to back date reports and stock takes so that shipping can resume after a physical inventory while data is still being input.

Suzanne S.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Finale software has surpassed all my expectations! It has made running my business easier.

Reviewed on 29/04/2017

I know the inventory in my warehouse at any given moment.

Pros

It is very easy to use! When you don't understand how to do something, there are help videos for everything! It works extremely well with Quickbooks which is essential for running my business smoothly.

Cons

There is honestly nothing I don't like. The few instances that I have come across a report or screen that doesn't work exactly for my business, the team are able to make accommodations for me. The customer service is amazing!

Koichi S.

Couldn't ask for more

Reviewed on 18/10/2017

Pros

I love how quickly I can navigate through the Finale platform. It's almost no lag in between pages. The technical support is also as quick. When I have an issue I feel pretty confident that it will get answered and quickly.

Socrates M.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

great inventory tracking software

Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

synced with all of our vendors in practically real-time, saving us a ton of headaches we had prior with selling out of inventory stock

Cons

a bit of a learning curve. the reports were a bit cluttered but overall this is a great program and the customer service team was always readily available to help with any issues

Nate G.
Industry: Automotive

Finale Rocks!

Reviewed on 28/05/2015

“Finale allowed us to trade a bunch of messy, mind-boggling Excel spreadsheets with dozens of tabs for a powerful program that tracks our inventory in real time, even while we are sleeping. Our spreadsheets were outdated the minute we completed them and required constant updating and babysitting. The time we spent slaving over spreadsheets can now be used to focus on researching and adding new products.
Gone are the fears of accidentally opening an older version of a spreadsheet, plus ShipStation and Finale work together seamlessly in the background with minimal input required.”

Nate Garland - Samoco Industries, Inc

Pros

Integrates seamlessly with ShipStation. Does all of the heavy lifting with minimal intervention.
Can handle millions of SKUs and myriad kitting options.
Frees up valuable time to focus on other more important things.

Cons

Starting up fresh requires a lot of data entry, but the bonus is that it is a one time deal, plus you have to do this no matter where you decide to go.

Michelle E.
Industry: Retail

Does exactly what it's meant to do

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Pros

It hooks up to lightspeed retail POS which was the only other alternative than Hyperspace which cost wise was too much.

Cons

Would like it to look more "app" like. Would like to be able to open several product cards to change fields in one screen.

Raisa F.
Industry: Wholesale

Great Software

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

Finale was the best solutions for our inventory needs. It really organized us and took our sales to the next level.

Pros

Its extremely easy to use and set up. Great customer service.

Cons

Some reports are difficult to customize.

Walter Z.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Really good and fun to use inventory management system

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

Full process covered from purchasing via inventory management to sales and invoicing. We even included light manufacturing using a workaround. Customer service is scheduled to go live shortly.

Pros

Intuitive UI, slightly different but better than many legacy applications
Easy to configure UI, reports, forms and custom fields
Reports and forms are very easy to use and output in different ways
Data load from Excel via cut & paste is very intuitive and just cool
We use it to track mainly individually barcoded items, works really well
Customer service is outstanding
Training videos are great way to start with the system, short and sweet per topic
Where we found a functional deficiency, there has always been a viable workaround

Cons

Sales quote not set up yet for tax handling (I am sure it will happen at some point)
Sometimes couldn't make the last detail of a report work, here the outstanding customer service always delivered an answer in no time

David B.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Excellent WMS Solution Option

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

System is intuitive allowing rapid adoption within an organization with little WMS experience.

Pros

Ease of Implementation, ease of use, excellent support

Cons

System does require outside control procedures

Aleta S.

Good for its Capability

Reviewed on 1/12/2016

There are some features and functionality that are lacking. I'd love there to be a feature that calculates reorder levels based on stock levels and output of product.

Pros

Incorporates Shipstation

Cons

Does not calculate reorder levels automatically

Andrea B.
Industry: Wireless

Highly recommend Finale Inventory!

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Finale allowed us to integrate our sales, e-commerce and shipping seamlessly... it improved our business!

Pros

The ease of use.. uploading is easy and it works very well. Also the customer service is unmatched! They helped with every stage and made the implementation of a new system very smooth and easy.

Cons

The reporting is the only thing that I would say needs to improve.. and it is customizable which we didn't spend a lot of time doing but I would often have to change formatting to get the data how we needed it.

David R.
Industry: Entertainment

A Must-Have for Growing Companies

Reviewed on 6/10/2014

Our business has grown nonstop over the last 8 years. At first, the number of products were minimal and an excel spreadsheet was all we needed. After a few years, we needed a solution that wouldn't be outgrown overnight. We looked around at various options and decided to go with Finale Inventory because of its ease of use, uptime reliability, and support. One of my favorite features is that our employees can access the software from anywhere and multiple users can be logged in simultaneously. I highly recommend Finale to any business looking for an inventory solution that can grow with you.

Pros

Easy-to-use, simple interface. Minimal training required. Supports numerous simultaneous users.

Cons

None

Ben H.

Powerful enough to handle multiple channels with ease

Reviewed on 24/03/2016

We use Finale to control inventory across 10 different sales channels, each with different selling profiles. We have individual products sold seperately on one site which are sold together as a kit on another. Some of our channels sell products as options, others as individual SKUs. Finale handles all of this with a clean interface and minimal headache. My first impression was a bit hesitant as some features weren't readily apparent but a large part of that was finding the specific feature out of all the powerful tools available. And whenever we have had any questions/issues, customer service has been AMAZING.
TLDR Finale does everything we need it to and does it extremely well.

A Wonderful Program with Great Functionality

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

Ease of use and Great functionality. Any mistakes are easily corrected. Would definitely recommend this software to others. You will be just as amazed as I am

Pros

The ease of use, Everything is self explanatory. There is not ever a need to second guess. and If you make a mistake it is very easily fixed

Brian P.

A very useful tool

Reviewed on 12/11/2013

I have been very pleased with Finale Inventory. We have been searching for an invetory program for our specialized industry and have tried several different vendors. Finale is the first of its kind which caters to our industry that acutally works. There have been a few bumps along the way but I expected that given the large size of our company and the multiple sites we manage. But the guys at finale have been very responsive to problems and have been great about soliciting feedback and implimenting suggestions into the product. Its definately and evolving project. but I can see a day when we can finally do everything inside one Application.