4.4
4.2
Nick A.

Good LMS to Help Manage the Classroom

Reviewed on 9/11/2018

Overall, this is a good product for basic LMS needs, and worked for me in the beginning. After playing with a number of LMS apps and continuing to revamp my needs and redesign what online learning should look like, other LMS might just offer more in flexibility/features.

Pros

As is the case with most LMS apps out there, Edmodo does a nice job shifting from paper-digital, and giving students and teachers a platform to help manage and stay organized in the digital space. The fact that you can do a lot with the free platform is a big plus and educators Everything updates in real time, and is simple enough to put together your digital needs in one space.

Cons

To me, unlike some other LMS apps out there, Edmodo is limited. It doesn't have the modern or sleek look and design as others. It also doesn't have as interactive capability to embed a number of other apps/tools that teachers use daily into it. This is a must have when it comes to the digital classroom space. The more we can limit sending links and have one program integrate everything else into it, the better classroom management will be. I would also like to see some integrated features like virtual chats/video conferencing, and more enhanced lesson design features.

Waleed A.
Industry: Medical Practice
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A neat social-network for Schools.

Reviewed on 8/12/2018

a good enough tool for teaachers to help students and keep things organized.

Pros

Very neat and clean compared to the mess of ads, useless posts that is in facebook etc
Purely academic stuff to see here
it is still free to use
very clean way to connect teachers-students and even parents
assignemts feature is perhaps the most useful
everything is stored here in the . no body meisses nothing when class is managed using edmodo.
free training is available for teachers
one of the most amazing features is that you can connect it to office 365 and then create and share documents without requiring any further steps .
and can also share documents directly from google drive to there (like air to air)

Cons

office 365 is only supported if u have school or work email.
many many many features are lacking. it could be a lot better if these are added. something like, "explain-everything' should be integrated to make demostrations easy.
native is and android apps are even more basic ,,,,,devoid of the most important features like assignements.

Ganjar W.

Social Media for Your Classroom

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Using Edmodo is not only beneficial for my distance learning program. It also helps my offline classes to reduce the usage of printing materials, making our classes both more economic and environmental friendly.

Pros

Edmodo is easy to use. It mimics the interface of popular social media, making it very easy for users to learn and use it. It also allows engagement between various parties, such as students, teachers, and parents. Teachers can post assignments, students can answer and post their reports while parents can observe the education process and provide feedback.

Cons

The grading system is rather basic. Also, there is no chatting feature making it rather difficult for teachers and students to have quick chat.

Katherine P.

My experience has been excellent with Edmodo, I recommend it.

Reviewed on 6/04/2018

The benefits that I had as a student is the easy learning I had with this tool and as an administrator the facility to evaluate.

Pros

Both for teachers and students it is easy to access and easy to use. It allows you to upload YouTube videos, comment, share files, send tasks and see the progress you have. The teacher can limit the delivery of a task and the best thing is that the jobs are stored in the backpack.

Cons

Edmodo is an excellent tool. The only bad thing is that the page is heavy, so it sometimes takes a long time to load, so you should wait to upload a file.

Renee R.

Great classroom product

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

I am able to collaborate with my students and allow them to communicate in a way that appeals to their type of communication with message boards and social media. Very user friendly and easy to set up.

Pros

This program is very easy to use. There are so many resources available. The collaboration with teachers and ability to network with students reaches kids are on their level

Cons

I have been very pleased with this software. There is nothing that I have noticed that doesn’t help me.

Elsa A.
Industry: Philanthropy

A Comfort Space to Learn and Discuss

Reviewed on 7/12/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

What I like most from Edmodo is the display and the content which easy to operate like other social media. So, whenever I come to Edmodo for my study, it feels like I learn and discuss something in a very cool space. Edmodo also understandable and efficient.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a long time to operate Edmodo and when I finished something in one page and want to go back to previous page, it turned to no connection.

Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Edmodo is the educational network of a new level

Reviewed on 9/04/2018

Pros

Edmodo has a very easy, second nature feel to it. Edmodo feels a lot like facebook, but has good filters so that teachers have control over the classroom. We've used it in professional development settings with teacher groups too!

Cons

I would like to expand the platform more, since there is no private chat where students can communicate, in that part it is very limited. I would also like you to show the online users

Industry: E-Learning

Edmodo a practical platform for teachers

Reviewed on 22/08/2018

The experience I have had with Edmodo is very pleasant, since I have been able to create a learning space quickly, with varied content and in addition to organizing different courses at the same time, also being able to add by mail to all the students or by the course code. I really recommend it.

Pros

Edmodo is a web platform very easy to use, with the features of a blog, but with modules with features of an LMS, such as taking students' notes, making tests or exams, allows you to maintain a communication between students in an asicronic way and also to place or link any type of teaching material from pdf to videos from youtube

Cons

The only thing that Edmodo for being a web platform, is that it can not have some facilities to add certain modules with functionalities, which allow it to be coupled with other software. neither does it have a chat or way of communicating with students among themselves, in a synchronized way or by private message.

Barry C.

Schooling with Ed

Reviewed on 7/04/2019

Pros

Edmodo allows you to easily communicate with students and post assignments in a professional manner. Students are able to access files through attachment and can complete a plethora of assignments. Students can also converse with teachers in an easy way. Definitely a post for the future.

Cons

One of the few flaws about Edmodo is the reminder section. Some students may need constant updates or reminder for their assignments. Not all students will download Edmodo app, since most of them are using google or apple accounts. Since the companies don't speak in real time, then this can be problematic.

Julio alberto A.

It is an incredible educational platform, both for teachers and for students.

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Edmodo is the ideal space for students and teachers to communicate. The software allows you to share files, links and messages as well as to propose assignments and manage them. Compared to other educational platforms, edmodo works very well.

Pros

Edmodo focuses on developing the communication skills of students, the simplicity of its interface offers a configuration and management system very easy to use. It is an attractive tool for both students and teachers because it functions as a social network and facilitates the learning process.

Cons

To be an educational platform its operation is quite acceptable and there are no negative aspects to mention. In my opinion, small details could be added to improve its functioning, such as an option that allows students to communicate with each other.

Sallie D.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Useful Edmodo

Reviewed on 4/01/2019

Edmodo Modern Classroom

Pros

This educational platform is a brilliant way to stay connected between students , teachers and also parents. I can monitor the activities of my children using this modern educational platform.

Cons

My children is having a hard time uploading a file or an assignment using ipad. But if they are using laptop it is very easy to upload.

Deirdre G.

Edmodo is Great for any Classrom

Reviewed on 31/03/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We are given immediate post updates from the instructor and classmates. Parents can also communicate with the instructor. It's great way to keep you with assignments too.

Cons

When the class ends, you will no longer have access to class notes or anything that was posted during the course. I'm not a huge fan of the mobile view of the site. The website is the better option of me.

It is user-friendly and helpful especially for students and teachers.

Reviewed on 3/07/2018

it helps both student and teachers to work efficiently.

Pros

It is not complicated to use because of its very simple and Facebook-like layouts and features. And for the teachers, they can post test or exams, quizzes and activities or even give notice to parents of the students. And they can monitor the students, because of its online grading feature. And the students can also easily communicate with their teachers regarding to school matters and others.

Cons

The only problem that I notice is when I use this software, is the need of improvement to support other languages.

Daniela A.
Industry: Computer Software

Convenient platform for sharing data in a specific group

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

We have made two or three groups that are related to different projects on the agenda. Projects are slow in time, ie no changes are made every day. Using Edmodo, documents and comments are easy to follow.

Pros

Data is easily and conveniently published, but you can also post comments, make conversations, etc. Attachment is quick, and what I like most is that the data in different groups is differentiated, and it is very easy to navigate which group it refers to.

Cons

Finding data in group history is not easy and fast. There is something to be desired in this regard.

Kaitlyn B.
Industry: Education Management

Best resource for digital learning

Reviewed on 28/04/2020

Really grateful for this free software so that my students can be independent learners and I can keep it all organized for them. It works so well with a variety of resources- I can put videos, links, worksheets, etc. all in one place that's easy to access!

Pros

I love this software! When we quickly needed to go digital and teach school online, this was the software that helped me get organized and keep it all together. It's been easy for my students to learn and use, and now my whole team is using it too. I love the gradebook feature and that it automatically generates an average. The ability to create or attach documents is awesome too.

Cons

Sometimes when a student tries to create a word document or power point presentation, the connection gets lost and their work won't save. Doesn't happen all the time, but not sure why it happens when it does.

Stephanie M.

Interesting tool for school purposes

Reviewed on 28/07/2018

good communication with my teachers.

Pros

I like it because helped me communicated with my teacher, do homework and send files via the interface, at the same time it was just for school.

Cons

it was not friendly user, has it's tricks but overall was good, my teacher loved it and encourage us to used it.

Renny P.

Excellent application for students and teachers. Edmodo allows you to upload videos, comment, task.

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

planning, organization, evaluation.

Pros

Edmodo is a support to organize the evaluations. Students can save everything in folders. Teachers can leave activities.

Cons

Edmodo is an excellent help for us. It does not have many negative characteristics. It can improve when conducting surveys.

Edmodo Rocks

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Pros

Edmodo is when social media meets the classroom. It was built to function the way our children interact today. With a facebook like landing page with posts, students can progress through their lesson plans and daily work the same way they would with snapchat or facebook. Interactivity among the class in real time. FREE!

Cons

As with any service, the fear of them being compromised and student data being taken.

Industry: E-Learning

Edmodo connects teachers, students and stakeholders!

Reviewed on 20/01/2018

Overall, I think that it's a very effective way to connect students and teachers in a very controlled setting to ensure that students are a part of a "safe" social media setting and yet still allow for the "free flow" of information and to reap the benefits.

Pros

Edmodo is a great way to connect teachers, students and stakeholders. Teachers can control who is a participant in groups and can control the content for each group. Edmodo can be used for communication, polling, assignments/quizzes, etc. Teachers can connect with other teachers to share resources and ideas within a school, a district, a content area, etc. The platform is easy to learn and master!

Cons

I think that Edmodo has a LOT of "pros" and very few "cons." I never have quite mastered the "badges" and the "connections" were challenging at the beginning.

Kara E.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great for teachers

Reviewed on 29/11/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I liked using edmodo with my students when I was a third grade teacher. If I wanted to I could connect and collaborate with other teachers to learn from them. I could customize what I wanted my students to see. I was also able to use this program to connect with other students around the country to be digital pen pals. My students loved that and thought it was a lot of fun.

Cons

I thought edmodo did a great job. One feature I would add would be simple videos for students so they could learn how to log on and use edmodo. This way I don't have to create them myself.

Great Teaching Resource!

Reviewed on 18/05/2019

EDMODO has enhanced my experience as a pre-service teacher. It has given me an ability to keep up with the discussions of the teaching community and also save my readings that I will find to be helpful in the future when I start teaching.

Pros

As a pre-service teacher, I started using EDMODO to help me collate all the interesting and helpful journals that I read. I love that my readings won't be lost after a while and that I do not have to bookmark everything. As a new user, I am surprised by the usefulness of the features such as settings up a group/class and the ability to see what everyone if reading in the teaching community.

Cons

I have found EDMODO very useful and there isn't anything that I would like to be different at this point.

Elisa sherin B.
Industry: Hospitality

New Learning Management System

Reviewed on 9/01/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

For the future Learners and Teachers.

Pros

Edmodo for me is a New Learning Management System not only for students but also for Teachers and Students. As a teachers you will also learn in your students when interacting using edmodo. In part of parents also a big lesson for them to monitor how they children interact in academics and activities.

Cons

It has a bug and slow in system for sometime but does not affect the truth that edmodo is a good learning management system.

Mayerling S.

Digital education at the maximum power.

Reviewed on 21/06/2018

Digital education at the maximum power.

Pros

Thanks to this software, I can organize, plan and even create various educational courses. I can link them with groups of teachers, students and even parents and representatives. It is a revolutionary tool for education. You can carry out virtual practices, group interactions and exams and assessments on the courses taken.

Cons

It would be ideal to link the courses with other applications such as Google Class Room to maximize the potential of the students.

Company size: Self Employed

Easy to start using - a little limited compared to others

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Pros

Right out the gate the software is easy to use. Easy to set up from the teacher end. Students can have a relatively familiar homebase for online class presence.

Cons

It doesn’t integrate or back end update as much or as well as some competitors software does. It’s kind of trapped in where it was a few years ago despite updates.

Kheirallah A.
Company size: Self Employed

Nostalgic but unnecessary.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 18/01/2021

While being a nostalgic software for schools it is unnecessary in todays society.

Pros

This software was one of the first educational websites such as google classroom that I remember using as a grade schooler.

Cons

While this software was one of the first educational websites, it does not have the same resources Google Classroom or Blackboard offers.