Buddy Punch Reviews

4.7/5

Ifeoma
Ifeoma
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Buddy -punch gives us the value we seek.

Reviewed on 9/07/2018

Pros

Intuitive ,and a much cheaper option than Toggle which we have tried in the past ,and they completely avoided the per user billing system,which I find very ridiculous.
Buddy-punch provides my team with an easy to use clock based punch in/punch out time management application, which didn't require a fingerprint scanner and still works. Buddy-punch has generally given us value for our money.

Cons

Anytime our employees have failed to sign in , they get multiple email notifications which some have found to be very pestering.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Ifeoma for the review! I appreciate the 10/10 rating and it's great to hear that we're giving you great value! You are correct, we do not have per user pricing, so you do not have to be concerned with thinking about increased costs when you add a new user. We appreciate your business!

Anne
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Buddy Punch

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

Very pleased with Buddy Punch and am happy that we made the switch!

Very pleased with Buddy Punch and am happy that we made the switch!

Pros

Buddy Punch has made it easy for our practice since we expanded and now have staff in remote locations including staff that work from home. It's user-friendly and makes the supervisors'/managers' jobs easy when it comes to approving timecards! Payroll report is easy and it works with SurePayroll which is out payroll company.

Cons

I wish the phone app can delete auto punchouts. Currently, we have to log in to the online platform in order to do so.

SurePayroll

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

It had limitations and wasn't working well for staff that were working remotely.

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

It appeared to be easier to use and more user-friendly.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Anne for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us user-friendly. I'm also glad to hear that our integration with SurePayroll is helpful too. We appreciate your business!

Ariahna
  • Industry: Insurance

Punching in!

Reviewed on 8/02/2024

Great! I have used lots of these systems and Buddy Punch has been super easy to learn

Pros

Buddy Punch is very user friendly and is easy to navigate. It keeps track of clocking in and out, as well as time off requests

Cons

I wish it were a bit nicer to look at with more features

Response from Buddy Punch

Ariahna, it's great to hear Buddy Punch makes time tracking easy for you. We're noting your desire for a nicer look and extra features. Delighted to be your top pick for ease of learning. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Lauren

Punch buddy review 2023

Reviewed on 6/09/2023

7/10 experience overall

7/10 experience overall

Pros

The easy sign in and quick clock in methid

Cons

The lack of information regarding scheduling

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Lauren for the review, it is great that you're finding us easy and quick to use for signing in and clocking. We do have an employee scheduling feature as well, if your organization is interested in giving it a try! Thanks again.

Shawnea
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

We Love Buddy Punch

Reviewed on 17/11/2023

We will always use buddy punch, It works for Us.

We will always use buddy punch, It works for Us.

Pros

We like that its easy to use and very convenient. It's nice to be able to pull time & take time off, from the use of your mobile phone.

Cons

I don't like the pop-ups. When you try to go into the settings, it's hard to navigate what you can control on the pop-up messages.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for your feedback, Shawnea! We're thrilled that you find Buddy Punch convenient and user-friendly, especially when using it on your mobile. Your satisfaction with our service is our top priority. Thanks again!

Nizar
  • Industry: Research

Great time tracker for employees

Reviewed on 18/01/2024

Im satisfied with buddy punch it never gave me a hard timr

Im satisfied with buddy punch it never gave me a hard timr

Pros

Buddy punch is very useful when it comes to keeping on track your work time a'd what task are you working on

Cons

Camera sometimes take a bit long to show up

Response from Buddy Punch

Nizar, it's great to know that Buddy Punch is effectively helping you keep track of your work time and tasks. We're committed to continually enhancing our features for an even smoother experience. Your satisfaction and positive experience with our service are what we aim for. Thank you for choosing Buddy Punch!

Abdulrazakh
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organisation

Simple and Easy to use!

Reviewed on 26/01/2024

Pros

The UX design and how easily it is to fix mistakes.

Cons

I don't have one at the moment. I use it to manage employee PTO and other leave requests.

Response from Buddy Punch

Abdulrazakh, we're thrilled to hear that you find our platform simple and easy to use, especially when it comes to managing employee PTO and leave requests. It's great that the UX design and the ease of correcting mistakes stand out for you. Your positive experience is exactly what we aim for. Thanks for your feedback!

Michael
  • Industry: Utilities

Small office

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Very well, ease of use, employees ease of use.

Very well, ease of use, employees ease of use.

Pros

Simple to use, set up, make corrections.

Cons

Trying to use IP address for each work station.

Response from Buddy Punch

Glad to hear that Buddy Punch's simplicity and ease of corrections are meeting your needs, Michael. It's great that the platform works well for your team too. Appreciate your insights!

Francis Dienver
  • Industry: Online Media

Buddy punch helps a lot

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

Pros

Buddy punch is good because of its Accessibility and easy use

Cons

Nothing at the moment, because its easy to use.

Response from Buddy Punch

It's great to know that Buddy Punch is working well for you, Francis Dienver, especially in terms of accessibility and simplicity. We're here to make time tracking as easy as possible. Thanks for your feedback and for being with us!

Kim

Helps me Kepp My Team Accountable

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Me and my team are very pleased with Buddy Punch!

Me and my team are very pleased with Buddy Punch!

Pros

This is such an easy portal to navigate. It is very intuitive and it saves me time!

Cons

That it's all or nothing. I'd like to be able to segment the employees so that I only see the ones who report to me. Right now, I see every team member who is clocking in and clocking out, which clogs up my inbox.

Response from Buddy Punch

Hey Kim, it's awesome to hear you're finding Buddy Punch so easy and intuitive to use – and even better that it's saving you time! Thrilled to know you and your team are loving it. Thanks a ton for the feedback!

Katie
  • Industry: Facilities Services

User friendly time tracking with geofence/GPS accountability

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

BP has been extremely accessible for customer service and have been open to suggestions for improvements/additional services. They have steadily grown over the last several years, offering more and more helpful services and integration with other programs. BP was also extremely accommodating during Covid shutdowns, allowing us to freeze our account in good faith that we would pick up where we left off as soon as we were able.

Pros

Very easy for employees and administrators alike to track time and edit if necessary. Provides accountability for our employees with the location settings such as GPS/Geofence. Provides a variety of reports that are helpful. Provides our employees with mobility--we can send them to any job site, and they have the ability to punch in/out.

Cons

Would like a report that provides a daily snapshot, chronologically, of who punched in/out and at what time. If this exact report exists, I have not been able to find it.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

It was more cost effective and much easier to contact for help.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Katie for the review and kind words, it is great to hear that you're making use of our GPS/geofencing features. We do take pride in our customer service, and I am glad it is showing! We appreciate your business!

Albert
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

HR Management Software Business should implement

Reviewed on 24/11/2022

The overall experience using Buddy Punch within our business has been positive and we are glad that we chose it as a software. We would recommend business to try it as it is also reasonable to any business in terms of its cost.

Pros

This software has led our business to reduce a lot of costs when it comes to human resources management, payroll and time tracking. We implemented this software into our business as our employees exceeded 8 as we were finding it difficult to keep track of time, work, payroll, etc. This software has really helped us in this regard and we also saved a lot of time.

Cons

The only small issues faced were that sometimes the software was a bit slow and the screen gets stuck but otherwise we are quite pleased.

Deputy

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

A business partner recommended us Buddy Punch as he used to use it in another business and it was working quite efficiently for them so we decided to go for it.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Albert, we appreciate the review and the recommendation! It is great to hear that we're helping your business save time.

Joy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best In Show

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

My staff loves that the software works seamlessly and I love the easy payroll reporting process. BEST of all, when I have a question, Buddy Punch really LISTENS and always walks me through the answer or offers to help themselves.

Pros

The Buddy Punch Customer Service is EXCELLENT! Poor service is one of the main reasons we left our last scheduling and payroll reporting software.

Cons

Would love to see more features such as hiring and onboarding of new employees.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Joy for the review and the kind words! It is great to hear the positive feedback on our customer service. We really try to make sure we understand everyone's situation and we're glad that it shows! Thanks again for your review and your business, we appreciate it.

Tohi

Great Product

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Best solution to time tracking for our hourly employees, and it keeps me updated when someone forgets to clock out. Also, it allows my employees to make changes if needed, which I can review and approve.

Pros

Ease of use, for both employees and managers. The phone app with the clock in/out feature makes this the easiest for our company.

Cons

No cons so far, and I've been using it for almost a year now.

Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

Not satisfied and knew there was an easier way to do this.

Paylocity

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

User-friendly and ease of use. Barely any training required for this as it's self-explanatory.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use! It's also good to hear you are making use of our alerts and reminders. We offer a range of reminders that can be sent via push notifications on a phone or email. Thanks again!

CHRISTINA
  • Industry: Information Services

Buddy Punch Review

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Pros

Ease of use and online accessibility. Easily to use reports.

Cons

Time Card Approval is a little redundant and repetitive.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Christina for your review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use. Our time card approval feature is an optional one, it can be turned off it not needed. Thanks again!

Xenia
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Easy and easily accessible from anywhere!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017

Ease of use for employees and administrator alike

Ease of use for employees and administrator alike

Pros

I love many things about this software!
1) It is self-explanatory. Even the most technically-challenged employee can figure out how to use it, for the most part.
2) Edits are made by the employee, and approved by the administrator where other programs require the administrator to make all the changes. This can be daunting depending on how many edits and how many employees there are that need them in a single pay period. With BuddyPunch, it's super easy to get employees to take responsibility for their own errors and edits.
3) This program is available even when our electricity goes out or our server goes down. And it doesn't take up any space on our server. The other time clock software we used to use was always a challenge for our IT experts to reload when they were doing updates due to the amount of space it took up on our server and because it wasn't updated to current technology standards available today. Employees are even able to clock in when they're outside the office doing work.
4) I like that employee messages and their times show up in the same report.

Cons

The time card reports are what I like least about this software. Each employee's time card report has to be downloaded separately. I would prefer that all employees show up on one report for more convenience. I end up copying and pasting each employee's excel report into one excel spreadsheet each pay period.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for your review Xenia, we appreciate you taking the time! Thank you for pointing out all of the features in your review, including the editing ability for employees and the approval on your end. This can be an overlooked feature that I know helps when managing employees. Also thank you for the feedback on the time cards, we'll look into making that a batch process. Also take a look at the Payroll Export, which is another report that shows time worked for each employee each pay period, it usually provides the data you need. Let us know if you need anything else, and thanks again!

Kate

Absolutely stellar customer support, works exactly as advertised

Reviewed on 20/11/2017

Pros

The Customer Support team is super responsive, thorough, and effective. Their support software allows for much quicker response times than you could get on the phone. Their team is knowledgeable about my organization and the way that we use the platform - I have received many helpful suggestions to how we can best leverage the BuddyPunch platform in our sometimes complicated organizational structure. We have had very few issues, but have always received immediate resolutions when anything has come up. The software is straightforward and well-run, and was easily understood by our team of 55+ non-technical staff of all ages. I appreciate that new releases are well-tested before they are launched and free of bugs - the BuddyPunch team does a great job of maintaining the integrity of the application while continuing to add more value to the software frequently. We have had consistent experiences on the web version as well as iOS and Android apps for the life of our subscription.

Cons

I would like a little more flexibility in reporting outside of the confines of the predefined reports.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you so much for the review Kate. I'm glad that we're providing an easy to use solution and that you find our support quick and knowledgeable! I'm glad that you're also taking advantage of our smartphone apps and I appreciate your comments about a bug free experience. We do our best to thoroughly test everything we release. Also thanks for the feedback on our reports, we are looking to add additional reporting options in the future. Also if needed we do have an API that can be used to integrate with. Thanks again!

Telesa
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Buddy Punch instead of an Excel spreadsheet ... TIME SAVER

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

It has a great deal of flexibility and gives administrators/managers the ability to see who is here at any given time of the day. Managers also have the ability to approve PTO prior to it being added to the time sheet. This provides accountability for both the employee and manager. They can also schedule shift work if necessary. In running payroll, since employees will punch in, be able to track their time as well as PTO in one place; this saves me time on my end. I simply run a report at pay period end to access a summary for each employee. I still have to enter totals but will not longer have to search spreadsheet each line for notes regarding time off. The reports are very helpful and can be downloaded in multiple formats.

Pros

The software has all the features that I currently was using in my spreadsheet - but better as it took human error out of the equation! I gained the reports that tallied PTO (vacations, sick time, personal time) which I had to pull manually from a spreadsheet. Employees are able to enter their own PTO requests (again a time saver). The chat staff has been super helpful to me every single time I have messaged them. They assisted me to get the software ready for a trial run which was very helpful! Every chat session was emailed to me for future reference.

Cons

Although they are able to answer every one of my many questions; it would have been helpful to download a readable document for reference.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Telesa for the review. It's great to hear that we're saving you time, and that you're taking advantage of our PTO tracking option. Our reports can be downloaded to CSV, Excel, and PDF so it's good to hear that those are meeting your needs as well. We strive to provide great service so I'm happy to hear that we've been helpful along the way. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Laura
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Buddy Punch Review

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Buddy Punch has been fantastic. Love it and would keep using it.

Buddy Punch has been fantastic. Love it and would keep using it.

Pros

Buddy Punch is very easy to use. The software is pretty intuitive and I'm glad more features as being added regularly because obviously it make my job easier and often they are features that I didn't even know I needed!

Cons

This isn't about the software, but the customer service. I understand the reasons for not providing a customer service number and all seem valid. However, I think it would be a good option for those of us that just can't seem to get a clue on a particular issue. What I will say is that the staff is really responsive and not having a live person to talk to makes this old lady (kinda) figure it out!

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Laura for the review and your business, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use. We provide instant chat support instead of phone support, we understand that everyone has different preferences and we appreciate your feedback.

James

Happy customer

Reviewed on 2/03/2019

Many of our employees work on the road going to many customers in a day, some of this involves hours of driving, this software allows ease of tracking travel time vs time with and at the customer to do our testing.

Whenever we have had ideas for improvements or changes in the software the folks here at Buddy Punch listen and address, we've even had suggest that seemed like maybe that palm to the forehead moment for them and within 24 hours the wish we had is a reality! That is a software writer that listens and responds very refreshing!

Pros

Our employees have little trouble using this method for time tracking and have given us limited to no complaints.

Cons

I can't really say there is a "least" like about this software, which I guess is the best you can hope for as a software.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you James for the review and your continued business. We take feedback seriously with our customers with our goal to make Buddy Punch valuable to your business while easy to use. I'm glad we were able to turn your feedback into a feature! Thanks again.

Josh

Lopez Electric Time Clock

Reviewed on 23/01/2023

Pros

We mainly use BuddyPunch for time clock feature and use the GPS feature to track where our employees clock in and out since they do so at a remote site. The feature is accurate and is easy to use on our employees phones. If there are any issues it is easy for the administrator to log in and correct them.

Cons

There's not much bad to say about the software. We are a small company and we do not integrate BuddyPunch with our payroll, so the only thing that is an issue is trying to print out the timecards without cutting off some of the clock in time's.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Josh for the review, it is great to hear that you're making use of our GPS feature and that your employees are finding us easy to use. If you ever need any help with report formatting please let us know, we are happy to take a look. We appreciate your business!

Jessica

AMAZING ALL AROUND PRODUCT AND SERVICE!!!!!!

Reviewed on 27/04/2016

Buddypunch gives us a lot of abilities to manage our employee that we didn't have before. We literally made the leap from paper timesheets to a system that every employee has to utilize.
As you can imagine, there were some lagging employees that did not embrace the idea of change. Once employees gained experience with the service, it has become a monumental change for our agency.

A typical timeclock system would not work for our company. We have several different types of employees and own about 100 units that for certain staff, their work needs to be costed to certain locations. We have employees that are only administrative that can clock in at their desk, but we also have traveling employees who need the freedom of punching in on their phones. We needed a time keeping system that traveling employees could use, but also management could track their locations.

Buddypunch has given us the ability to add all of our locations and all of our different types of work that can be performed (admin, accounting, HR, meeting etc.). As time has gone on, and employees are fully on the BP system, management is now able to ask questions like, "Why are the employees at the Fort Myers office working 25% administrative time than our other locations?"

The BEST part, in my opinion, is the customer service I have received. It is as easy as pressing a button to put in a request. Believe me, I have made several requests (more than I care to tell) on things I would like to see in the future or suggestions that would make Buddypunch better reporting wise and for my company. I am always addressed within a few hours, and I HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN SOME OF THE CHANGES I'VE REQUESTED.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Jessica for the glowing and thorough review! It really gives insight into your daily use of Buddy Punch and how it has uniquely helped your business from not only a time keeping perspective but from reporting perspective as well. We appreciate the kind words and are happy that not only has the system been perfect for your business but that the customer service you have received has met and exceeded your needs. Thank you for being a Buddy Punch customer, we appreciate it!

James
  • Industry: Sports

Great Scheduler!

Reviewed on 28/03/2023

Pros

The product is extremely user friendly. It is very easy to clock in/out and to schedule staff from a scheduler perspective.

Cons

The payroll module is not available to Canadian users. :(Integrations with many major payroll services are available but not Sage accounting. :(It would be ideal if user alerts/notifications could be available to remind teams to submit their timecards.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you James for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us extremely user friendly! In regards to payroll you are correct, US only for now. For the time card reminders, we do have them as well as reminders to approve. We'll reach out with details. We appreciate your business!

Ramin
  • Industry: Automotive

Buddy Punch honest review

Reviewed on 3/08/2022

Great, saves me time in calculating punch hours, and gives the employees extra confidence that their hours are being calculated fairly and accurately.

Pros

Ease of use, setup is user friendly, tech support is quick and helpful.

Cons

Items that could be improved:
1.) Allow more than one account Manager.

2.)Allowing Account Admin(s) or Manager(s) to make exceptions to punch out rules. I like to have to rules in place, but every once is a blue moon an employee may have permission to punch in early or come back to work early and I want to have access to make exceptions without having to completely remove the rule.

3.) Every once in a while the punch in and out feature is glitchy and doesn't work. Not a common problem, but it does happen sometimes.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Ramin for the review, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use and user friendly. We do allow multiple admins and managers on any account, we can reach out to you with details on how to add them. We appreciate the feedback and your business!

Jake
Jake

Great Time Clock System

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Buddy Punch is a great product that has allowed us to better track our technicians hours. They are on the road 3-4 days a week and Buddy Punch helps us know where they are when they punch in/out and whether they are staying on schedule. It's a great product at a great value!

Pros

The software is a good value, easy to use, and the support team is very receptive to suggested changes or add-ons. We've seen several suggestions become a reality which is uncommon when dealing with other software companies.

Cons

The app isn't the best, but we do ask for it to do a lot. From GPS tracking to facial recognition; there are good features, but with phone updates, the app has a tendency to lock up.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks Jake fore the review, I'm happy to hear that you're finding us easy to use as well as a good value. We build features based on feedback from our users, it is great to hear that you're enjoying some of our recent updates! Also thanks for the feedback on the mobile app, it supports geofences, gps coordinates, facial recognition and QR codes. Thanks again.