Lightspeed POS

Point of Sale, Online POS & ePOS System, Restaurant Software

4.5 /5 (106 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.2
Richard M.

Great Product

Reviewed on 13/01/2018

Pros

Being a Hospitality professional for 20 years I have dealt with numerous POS systems. Kounta is relatively straight forward and has the functionality and flexibility to run your business with ease.

The support offered by Kounta day and night has been at an exceptional standard. The understanding and support during setup, implementation and to now has been a suprise in this all to modern world. This holistic approach will keep Kounta ahead of the pack for quite some time.

Cons

Some of the language with respect to Hospitality is not not necessarily how we refer to how things are done in my experience however it is only a minor issue.

Andrew M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

It is the only cloud based pos for hospitality I think we could use and run our business

Reviewed on 8/06/2017

It allows us to easily manage customer transaction and to report on total sales and products in a really efficient way. We've grown in our understanding of our business enormously just reusing kounta

Pros

The sales transaction from start to checkout is great. The printing of customer orders in multiple locations plus the kitchen. Modifier are also the best in the market.

Cons

Scales and scanner integration for use with a retail store. Scales can't be and scanner with Windows is clunky

Kim G.

Hombre Franchising

Reviewed on 21/04/2017

Always have great support and easy system with great plans for working with franchises to improve platform

Pros

Works with us to improve

Cons

Reporting needs improving

George P.

This is my first experience with a could based system. Very happy so far.

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

Pros

Cost effective , easy to train new staff, easy integration with our accounting system.
We are looking to now add rosters and stocktake to streamline our business.

Cons

Service can be effected when the system goes offline. This can also effect cash up as when the system is offline you are unable to process accounts.

Lloyd S.

Kounta customer review

Reviewed on 3/02/2015

Product is good but not all encompassing.
We need to be able to amend previously finalised takings if changes or errors are made. This has been communicated to Kounta and apparently will be looked at and hopefully rectified in a further release??
The price schedules are limited and not really applicable for my size organisation. I would like to have 2 x POS devices however paying more than $50 per month would lead me to making the once of purchase for a non-cloud customised POS system. The fact you need to add a new register to have an additional device seems ludicrous to me and I would beleive would limit your customer base. What about all the cafes out there that want one register but multiple devices to take orders. Sorry to be critical but it appears to be a mechansim of revenue raising, albeit you could get the same results from just growing your customer base by having a more universal and cost effective product.
I'd suggest you could come up with some alternate pricing schedules where adding an additional device for $10 per device per month versus a whole register would add value to your product. I'd happily pay $60 per month to have one register and two devices to take orders to that register.
Maybe I'm missing some sort of constraint hindering you from enabling multiple devices on the one register however in this day and age I would have thought it would be easy.
Food for thought, I won't be increasing my subscription but rather work around this limitation.
Again, I'm not trying to be critical but what I get for $50 per month from Xero for a cloud based accounting software versus what I currently receive from Kounta for $50 is a month, the difference in value us astounding.
The reason for an overall rating of 3 stars primarily relates to your pricing schedule.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you wish to clarify any of this feedback.

Response from Kounta

Hi Lloyd
The honesty is appreciated and good to get feedback on how our pricing scales for small business, we'll have our team get in touch to discuss how you and your client can get more value from Kounta to help balance out the equation.

Lynne M.

Kounta Konvert

Reviewed on 17/04/2017

New to Kounta - i have found it an intuitive program whichh makes it easy to use and learn all the features it offers .

Pros

Covers all the aspects of my business I need stats on

Cons

Like to phone for help sometimes

Antoinette W.

Great software for small businesses

Reviewed on 19/02/2017

Reliable, easy to set up software. Kounta has helped my small business grow through freeing up my time thanks to an easy to use point of sale and inventory system.

Pros

Everything I need to about how my sales are performing is all set up for me, giving me better understanding of my business and how to keep it performing well in the future.

Alasdair H.

Exactly what we were hoping for

Reviewed on 4/06/2018

Pros

Gives fantastic feedback on sales by hour and type even at the lowest payment level. Very easy to use

Cons

The expense. It is great feedback, but perhaps a little expensive, since POS software can be used free, it is the data crunching that seems expensive

Rebecca H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great to get going with!

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

We were setting up our business and required a system that was not overly complex, could integrate with our systems already in place, would not break the bank and was easy to use. Kounta and it’s integrations has answered all of what we required at a fraction of the cost of all other set up. The support has been great and the sale was helpful, not pushy. We’re very happy.

Pros

Mostly I love the ease of use of the system.

Cons

With our spotty wi-fi system, we’ve had moments of the system not talking to other components such as printers and cash drawers. But not particularly the fault of Kounta.

Jason G.
  • Industry: Hospitality

easy to operate and intuitave

Reviewed on 1/01/2019

ten out of ten, can't fault it and will recommend it to absolutely everyone

Pros

Ability to do everything from scratch easily and without spending too much time learning the system, was then blown away by the back end tracking of sales by the hour and great for any off site managers or owners to see productivity and income in versus your wages expenses

Cons

Have not found any yet however we would like a "customer display" app of kounta to show what items are getting rung up before being asked to pay

Kahlia L.

great/easy/mostly simple

Reviewed on 16/05/2017

quick easy service, with less room for staff mistakes, easy tracking reports & streamline service.

Pros

easy to set up, basic steps guides to help you along.
Adding photos of products is a great tool to help the staff learn where items are in the till.

Cons

Having to wait for a call back - sometimes we need to troubleshoot/fix our problems straight away. booking a call is sometimes for us inconvenient.
Cash out with inter grated eftpos is too complicated and does not simplify it for my staff.

Kounta makes POS easy

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Pros

Kounta is simple to use, and mostly easy to configure. Being in the cloud alleviates the need for backups and facilitates easy changing of products or prices from any device any time.

Cons

Some functions are a little quirky. There are also some add-ons that should ideally be part of the core product such as more advanced reporting/analysis. Also creating sandpit copies of the company to test a complete redesign before implementing would be advantageous.

Jay J.

great product, epic online support via chat, always help me out any time of day. c

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

Pros

The support is amazing, we really love the features and the extra add ons tht are free are amazing. The integration is also great and getting better by the day

Cons

option sets and variants are hard to get your head around. that whole process of creating a special could be made into a much better user experience/workflow 'i want to make a combo special' - select this, then that, then this for example. The nesting and linking is very hard.

Gary P.
  • Industry: Maritime

New to KOUNTA

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

I have found the system easy to use and understand, the support is excellent and no question is a problem.
When we needed a solution to a question the support went and found the answer then helped us to install the solution.

Pros

The system is very user friendly and setting up from scratch is easy and quick.

Cons

Some features are not very flexible, we use a rule for a discount period but can only select half hopur or hour blocks a user defined option would be great.

Romain M.

So easy, efficient support

Reviewed on 31/03/2019

Glad we moved to this POS system and better in terms of accounting that it has ever been for us. It is really functional and all team from different ages found it great and easy to work with

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up. Quick answers from support team and menus wntwred overnight with precision

Cons

Nothing at the moment despite using it for 5 months across 2 outlets

Simon S.

This has been a very easy program to use and the help desk has been great

Reviewed on 25/05/2018

Pros

How easy it has been for my staff to use, the cost was a big factor when I chose to use Kounta as many over cost more and the support has been outstanding.

Cons

I need the ability to put notes with the end of day cash up, for Auditing purposes. It would also be good to have the finalised takings number on the end of day print out.

Renate D.

Does mostly what I need and the reports are good at a glance.

Reviewed on 30/05/2017

Pros

It is pretty easy to use? The reports are easily generated. The ability to add and delete products and group them makes the system simple to navigate.

Cons

Kounta will not connect to printers other than Epsom, therefore I can't print! Having to write orders when I have a perfectly good printer sat next to the register is frustrating.

Padraig T.
  • Industry: Food Production

BEST POS I HAVE USED

Reviewed on 20/02/2017

I worked at Mcdonalds for 4 Years as a crew trainer and I found using Kounta on an Ipad Air was simpler and a better experience. Quicker and more customizable!
There are some features that are missing that we as a business require. Quantity on the Tax Invoice is important for us to have for Corporate Customers!

Pros

Simple
DIY
Easy to Configure
Awesome Customer Service

Cons

No Quantity on Tax Invoice

Cameron T.

Quick Set Up

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

would recommend over other POS platforms

Pros

Quick response from back office support, good help in setting up parameters and order options, easy to program remotely

Cons

only basic functionality unless you upgrade, probably needs further testing and use to explore all of the options

Shelly H.

Great pos system for small takeaway chicken shop

Reviewed on 12/05/2018

Pros

It's ease of use and the hundreds of you tube clips of how to's. Love it and even hubby can use it and he is computer illiterate!

Cons

I really don't have any I enjoy using this programme and even friends that have helped out in the shop find it easy to use

Jonathan Y.

Kounta on point

Reviewed on 1/02/2019

It has been wonderful implmenting Kounta to our business.

Pros

Kounta has been incredibly easy to use, it has been beneficial to the success of our business.

Cons

There hasn't been anything we haven't liked about Kounta.

Mic H.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Nice concept but still beta quality

Reviewed on 12/03/2016

Pros

The best thing about Kounta is that it is relatively easy to use. This comes at a great expense however since despite the pretty and fancy interface the features a busy restaurant need (like a robust method of splitting checks), solid timeclock integration, and solid EFTPOS integration are grossly lacking. The entire software has a very 'beta like' feel to it!

Cons

Poor EFTPOS integration, buggy and slow once many orders are entered, very weak timeclock integration, very poor check splitting feature. With as many buggy issues you would think that their customer support would be interested in helping but they simply tell you that they are looking into the issues and to post to their discussion forums (because a busy restaurant owner dealing with a buggy POS has time for that!)

Cesare S.

Game changer!!

Reviewed on 20/04/2017

we recently started our business with another POS system and in short it was a night mare. We had to press so many different buttons for the most basic things and the whole system was cumbersome!!
Thankfully we then changed over to Kounta and everything has been a dream since!! The ease of use, the access to immediate information and the support and team have made it an absolute pleasure to use. We have made many changes to our business for the better since implementing Kounta. It's by far the best POS system out there and I can't recommend them highly enough!!

James Z.

Reviewed on 7/03/2019

Pros

The ease of use and set up time was very user friendly

Cons

The additional add on dollars for all the any extras

Amit R.

Great service

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Great

Pros

Follow ups are great. Someone always checking on how the service is going

Cons

No everything is great there was no dramam