Dolibarr

3.7/5

Mehdi

Why use Dolilbarr

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

I started my small office 5 years ago and Dolibarr helped me through all the processes in project commercial and leads and accounting management. Then when my skills where enough to become a service provider and trainer and remote support for Dolibarr Users in Morocco and abroad. Now i work with a friend, a very skilled consultant in IT, on industrial projects based on Dolibarr with GPAO/GMAO worklows ... and so on ..

Pros

Dllibarr is written like a website, so it's lightweight and powerfull. More, we have new major version each 6 month, thanks to an active and well organized community team driven By [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and a good forum for helping users advanced or not.

Cons

5 years ago the updates where slow, but now we have a new major version each 6 months

Bruno
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Good solution

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I’m managing my company for the offers, invoices,... I’m also an integrator of Dolibarr for the clients in Belgium.

Pros

The simplicity is unbelievable. Everyone, without a particular formation can use it. It’s expendable endlessly.

Cons

Setup of new documents in PDF is tricky. Technical knowledge is essential.

Mudssar
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Dolibarr ERP Pros Vs Cons

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

over all was some how is better,

over all was some how is better,

Pros

easy use,takes less resources, economically, easy support and wide customization.
Mobile based,easy universal access.

Cons

flaws and bugs in accounting, poor reporting tool, responses if back key is pushed, transaction may twice posting by this.

Odoo

Reasons for Switching to Dolibarr

easy installation, easy access and customization.
Paul

simplicity

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

My experience with dolibarr was very satisfactory from the beginning, its simplicity of use and its friendly environment made me decide to use this software.

Pros

There are many reasons that I will try to point out
• Easy to install in any local or cloud environment
• Very fast learning curve
• As standard it comes with almost everything a company needs
• It has very good external modules to complete my requirements
• It's free
• Can be used even in a shared hosting
• Updates and improvements are fast
• I just love it

Cons

• You do not have electronic commerce in the same application
• Website configuration is not easy

Ryan

It actually works

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

It has been great, I've never struggled with it, very straight forward and mature platform on which to manage relational data like never before.

These other systems are nice...... but hold no candle to the practicality of Dolibarr.

Pros

Ease of setup, no fuss no hassles, the module builder is amazing, i haven't come accross quite as open and easy to extend upon, i've never not been able to do something in the application, sure it's not perfect, but i have not come accross an application as well thought out and designed

Cons

That people call it outdated, further than that, i don't really dislike anything, it was designed with experience dealing with the problem in context, if its done in a certain way, its done for a reason

John
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent choice for Small & Medium Businesses

Reviewed on 12/09/2017

Pros

This cloud Open Source CRM & ERP Sofware is an excellent choice for SMB Businesses. I have been working with Dolibarr for more than 3 years now. It has improved enormously since I started using it, and it keeps growing every release, displaying beautiful new functionalities.

It has a large global community, and therefore there is plenty experience to share among users and partners.

Cons

It still has some features to develop, like Planning and Forecasting, and some details related such as recurrent events in the Calendar, which are not covered yet, but I understand that these are considered in the product roadmap as new enhancements.

Bérengère

I'm working for a Dolibarr software specialist. We use Dolibarr every day for our business.

Reviewed on 12/05/2017

Pros

We chose to become a Dolibarr specialist because it's an open source software, wich allows our customers to have a personalize solution.
Dolibarr is an adaptable and scalable software that can meet the needs of many activities.
With Dolibarr you have the choice:
- Free download of the software and do the installation yourself
- Personalize your Dolibarr with differents modules available on Dolistore (the marketplace of Dolibarr)
- Contact an expert who will help you with your installation, an evolution, a training, an assistance.
The Dolibarr community is very active and allows the software to evolve very quickly.

Cons

The standard of the software doesn't do everything, but for me it's better , because we can personnalize our Dolibarr with the really necessary features.

Nicolas

Dolibarr an open source CRM&ERP

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

I use Dolibarr on a daily basis to do my quotes, order and billing. I follow my client, the latest emails exchange or bill I sent. I can consult my overall reports for the month/trimester/year easily.

I use it for every aspect of the life of my company.

Pros

Is is easy to use and intuitive in its functionnality. With 2 new versions every year there is at the same time stability and progress in the end user experience visually and in the new features every version brings.

Cons

as every change of software, the hardest part is to get used to it, but once you are used to it, it is easy to navigate, work and find information ;)

Augustin
Augustin

Good ERP/CRM Platform

Reviewed on 21/07/2022

Pros

Dolibarr is a very easy to use application with a lot of plugins to manage leads, proposals and donations. I was looking for a new application because I was using an other open source application but Dolibarr is easy to install and the configuration is really simple. The application is really powerful and has a lot of features.

Cons

It is a great product, but you need to pay for somes modules that you need. Furthermore, the modules are much less numerous and do not cover a whole range of business scenarios.

Odoo and Podio
Stefano
Stefano

Dolibarr & us

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

with dolibarr we can monitor customers, suppliers and leads, to get economic reports on turnover and company profits. Many others tools help to follows company initiative like mass mail, ticketing and technical interventions.

Pros

dolibarr is easy to use customizable, fast page loading and is ideal for a small business

Cons

poor adherence to Italian tax rules and poor integration among external modules

César
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Established since three years, I was looking for an easy and complete software to manage my...

Reviewed on 12/05/2017

My company is managed with Dolibarr and I am very happy to use it for this purpose since the creation of my company.

Pros

Easy to use, no very hard installation needed, backup and restore very easy, complete solution for ERP/CRM, in constant evolution. When you know nothing in these kind of software, you learn very quickly to use Dolibarr without help. Very intuitive, light and performing. I have tried other commercial solutions but I stayed with Dolibarr

Cons

You have to learn the use of Dolibarr on your own because there is no customer support (but the forum can help you whenever you have some issue).

Theo

Use the software for 14 years now because of it's stability. That's why we advise it to our...

Reviewed on 23/11/2017

Pros

Userfriendly program with a lot of options which you can activate just when you need them. Specific business needs can be realised by customize the modules without any programming skills. A very flexible program with a lot of potential for the future.

Cons

Graphic interface style is outdated. Improvement of the UI in next release would be nice.
The calendar lacks the option for recurring appointments.
Because there is no customer support, we decided to make our own manuals & organize user-sessions to support our clients with the Dolibarr product.

Norbert

Swiss knife

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

We solved delivery, amazon dialogue, dematerialization, multi-currencies, email integration, KPI reviews, etc

Pros

Everything can be done with Dolibarr, it's a swiss knife.
We have implemented solutions that were outside of the core features with ease.
For the price of a licensed ERP, you can have a customized ERP fitting your business.

Cons

It's designed to be extendable, you cannot miss a functionality.

SAMOUD

good solution to manage society

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

good software until now but in the future if they don't make an other version with mvc model the software will be discontinued and there will be more updates.

Pros

- A lot of functionality in the basic version contacts, tiers, bill, cost bank, compta, ....
- Free version
- open source

Cons

- Very few free modules
- based on a very old technology so to develop specific stuff you must work with a no mvc model

Ivan

Easy ,rich functionality ,easy to customize, fast working speed ,good design

Reviewed on 13/05/2017

Its good product reliable stable fast php based huge plus, and its easy to use and setup

Pros

Fast speed ,easy to use ,rich functionality ,easy to customize ,fits many businesses workflows ,easy to translate

Cons

Support ,if i post something on forum no reaction at all. Only french forum is active i think but not many people knows French ,customization of pdf documents is hard

Niels Erik
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

it have it all

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

work gut for last 2 years and used it ½ year before to get it implement to my company

Pros

price and easy of use and it support is gut

Cons

support for Danish system it need a little bit more attention

Ingrid
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Pros

The software is easy to learn and there is much support in the community

Cons

Some important modules are still missing f. ex. for human resources

Vtiger CRM and OrangeHRM

Reasons for Switching to Dolibarr

it is flexible
Franck
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Best ERP up to my knowledge

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Very good product to use and easy to handle. I like it for sure!

Very good product to use and easy to handle. I like it for sure!

Pros

It covers all my needs and even a little bit more

Cons

Taking care of all the business processes.

Alonso

Experience with Dolibarr

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

It supports us in the daily operation efficiently

It supports us in the daily operation efficiently

Pros

Ease of use, very intuitive, friendly, cutting-edge technology

Cons

Limited functionality of some modules, such as HR

Nikos
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Comprehensive and integrated business software for my company

Reviewed on 19/05/2017

Pros

Very easy to use without special technical knowledge. Frequent update, new features in each new version.

Cons

The web interface is not mobile friendly, of course, there is DoliDroid but only for Android and not for iOS devices.

Llàtzer
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Nice choise

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

We use it since 4 years ago and have no problems (well, some but not truly importants)

Pros

Easy to implement, to use, to set up...

Cons

Report outputs are not easy to customise in pdf.

Julien

I use dolibarr since 2011. it is easy to handle and it is really reliable

Reviewed on 15/05/2017

Pros

Its reliability. When dolibarr releases a new version, it has been tested and retested. The software is therefore very reliable and the version rises, do not do little

JS
  • Industry: Management Consulting

A customizable ERP

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Pros

- Easy to use
-Intuitive
- Very customizable

Cons

- Little to no support
- need a big deal of customization to make it work how you like

Valentin
Valentin

Great ERP tools

Reviewed on 21/07/2022

Pros

Product management
customer management
vendor management
billing and invoicing
shipping management

Cons

not easy to integrate with other tools
not many options to automate with other tools

Ahouab
Ahouab

Best tool for solo Entrepreneur

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

Very good

Very good

Pros

All integrated with modulesLove all of it

Cons

UI sometimes and few bugs.Nothing really big