Act! Reviews

Act!

CRM & Marketing Automation built for SMB success

4/5 (12 reviews)
Peter B.

ACT! has served us well for more than twelve years.

Reviewed on 27/02/2017
Review Source

Pros

ACT! is my client record system of choice. We've been using ACT! for at least twelve years. I find it is an easy way to track client details and history. Data entry is simple. I particularly like the fast Search function. Keyboard shortcuts make the application even easier to use.

I have tested other CRMs. ACT! has always ranked top of the list for me. ACT!'s annual updates have always improved the product. Customer support has improved year by year too.

Cons

The Outlook interface is good but the synchronising facility could be better. Sometimes we experience hang-ups when synchronising selected lists between ACT! and Outlook.

Thomas S.

Contact info mainstay

Reviewed on 26/06/2017
Review Source

Pros

With only minor exceptions, Act! has presented and behaved in the same way for years. Given that I have relied heavily on Act since about 1992, that is some track record, especially for software. In my experience it is;
Extremely powerful
Very user friendly (minimises costs of staff training, increases productivity and compliance)
Very reliable
Essential

Cons

It can be resource hungry so good networks and reasonable computing power needed
There can occasionally be niggles with the MS Outlook interface (though how much this is to do with Microsoft fiddling with interface parameters etc I can't say)

It a good tool

Reviewed on 12/04/2018
Review Source

Pros

There are numerous features/fields, analytics, and customization within Act!. Overall it's been a great tool for us over the 6+ years that I've worked with it.

Cons

You can almost get lost in all of the capabilities. I only use a portion of its functionality and features.

Sheridan C.

Sales management

Reviewed on 18/01/2017
Review Source

E-marketing, contact management, database, project management.

Just the job, and very fast. Ideal for a small team of sales people working on a multitude of varied projects, rather than one detailed project.

Pros

It works, what more can I say.

Cons

An absolute pig to install on a domain server!

Brett R.

Started using ACT! again for personal use

Reviewed on 15/03/2018
Review Source

Pros

I used an old version of ACT! a while ago, it was very basic but did the job, new CRM's have came out since, but I think ACT! is still a great revised piece of software with enough settings for most users.

Cons

Although it has been around for years, it is still missing some of the cloud components, but the company has done a good job to keep it updated and relevant.

4.0/10
Kevin M.

Act! Didn't last us past the first act.

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 9/03/2018
Review Source

Pros

Learning how to use it was fairly easy, though it did take a good read through the knowledge base to make it work right.

Cons

Not a fan of the pricing. And I feel that less tech-savvy users may struggle to get up and running. And a CRM should be simple to use so the sales team can focus on what's important and not fighting with data entry.

4.0/10
Adriano A.

Good... but local

Reviewed on 6/01/2016
Review Source

I've been using ACT! for a very long time. Over 17 years.

Now with web applications there's no point on investing on a local solution for CRM.

The license is expensive, requires hardware, hard to configure and, the worse part: it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to move out.

Pros

User friendly, good front end, good funcionalities.

Cons

Local. Expensive. It could interact more with other softwares like some SaaS like SurveyMonkey and so.

Lauren G.