4,398 reviews
4.6
4,398 reviews
Mike S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Unsuitable if certainty and speed are required

Reviewed on 5/04/2020

The interface is not suitable for use in a fast-paced customer-facing environment, where certainty and speed are required. We are switching to an alternative appointment scheduling provider.

Pros

The ability to set different hours for certain appointment types via calendar service groups. This enables a high degree of customization of the calendar settings for each staff member and appointment type, which I have not seen in other SAAS appointment scheduling offerings. Merging duplicated clients is a breeze and simply requires the misspelled record to be corrected.

Cons

Calendar views are poorly formatted, difficult to navigate and inconsistent across platforms. Our default view is weekly, which frequently displays only 6 days and skips a week when navigating to the following week. Calendars do not consistently align in columns in the daily view, resulting in confusion when determining a therapist's availability. Booking errors are common, which projects unprofessionalism and results in a tedious in-store experience for the customer. The apps are bug-ridden with very poorly designed views that are unusable. The ipad app frequently displays no customers and requires the user to log out and back in to function. Little or no user acceptance testing has be done here

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Stavros S.
Industry: Events Services
Company size: Self Employed

Acuity Scheduling Is A Super Trifecta In The Appointment Scheduling Application Platform

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

My overall experience was outstanding. I cannot say anything negative about this platform as it really delivered all the bells and whistles that you want in an appointment scheduling application.

Pros

The top features for me were the ability to have a client make a "reservation, appointment, booking" that is dated more than 1 year from the current day. Many competitors have a restriction on future bookings which only allow you to make a booking within the next 365 days. In my industry, dealing with Weddings, future ability to make a reservation 2 or even 3 years from the current day is crucial.

The number 2 feature that I believe is underrated and is very important in many industries is the fact that appointment add-on's such as a time extension or a same-day rehearsal, Acuity was one of the only that took that specific booking and reflected that overall appointment time into my future availability. Not all applications factor in "add-on's" into the future appointment availability which can cause problems in servicing other clients who now have an opportunity to schedule the service even though you the provider might not be available. Another great feature is that Guests who pay for the service in full have the ability to give you a tip. (which is a rare feature among. these appointment application solutions.)

Cons

The only cons are that even their top tier level plans which go for approximately $45/ month still do not come with phone support. While setting up your account is quite streamlined and simple. I still have a personal opinion on those applications that cost a specific amount per month should provide phone support. I would like to note that their email support was on point and did respond better than some other competitors I have used in the past.

Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: Self Employed

Great integration with Squarespace!

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 1/12/2020

I'm really looking forward to integrating acuity into my site, so I can easily schedule discovery calls with prospective clients, as well as standard calls with existing customers.

Pros

I used acuity for a while, was quite ready to make the jump to one of their paid plans. Now that they've been acquired by Squarespace though, the integration with my Squarespace site makes it a no brainer.

Cons

When I was just getting started, I wished they had a free plan, which is why I started with calendly. Calendly was super restrictive though on the free plan, so it wasn't long before I needed a better plan anyhow.

Jeannette scharning N.
Company size: Self Employed

I will recommend Acuity Scheduling! Yet, please create a live chat for getting help. Thank you!

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

I am very new to Acuity Scheduling. And so I have just put it on a very new website. Yet I am convinced this will make customer service much easier, swift and allow me to focus on my work to a larger extent.

Thank you for creating Acuity Scheduling.

Pros

I really like Acuity Scheduling. It is accessible to implement and use for everyone. Acuity scheduling is easy to integrate in wordpress. Makes it to upload photos and color code offers. Payments are easily integrated.

I am not an IT expert. Yet figured how to get Acuity scheduling to work. And will absolutely recommend Acuity Scheduling.

Cons

Finding help should be easier. I do recommend that you have a direct chat for getting help.
I think you should have online chat availability. It is much better flow to be able to get a responce whilst working on the site.
I am new to IT [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Have taught myself to create the site, hosting, webregistration, branding. I find that both Bluetooths and Namecheap's customer services - support - are better. If you have a problem someone is there to respond immediately.
I do know that it is probably a lot to ask. Yet a chat is preferable. If you cannot keep it open 24/7. Then at least for the hours that you reply to customers.

I think you need to get your live chat in place. If someone copies your product and has a live chat option for help, I am afraid you risk loosing a lot of clients.

Time is limited. And flow in terms of getting help is key. Also getting the replies to what you actually need is much easier to get when you chat. To wait for a day or two for a reply is really not a good solution. It stops the flow. Good to get flow when working on getting a scheduling system in place.

I will still recommend Acuity Scheduling.

Mylah S.
Industry: Cosmetics

My’Lah’s Acuity Review

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 16/03/2020

I haven’t had a bad overall experience with Acuity Scheduling. The app is very handy, it is efficient, it is customizable and made by me for me, and it is very confident for my clients.

Pros

Acuity Scheduling is a great app! It is very convenient and has everything I need to make booking less complicated for my clients and easy for me to keep up with clients, dates, and prices. My favorite part of the app is that it gives me the space to customize my booking information. I can pick my choice of font, background colors, font colors, I can bullet point, and have all types of fun to make my booking app feel like my own and stand out from others. I love that the app sends confirmation emails with EVERYTHING my clients need to know which saves me time from having to send out messages and emails and constantly changing things.

Cons

What I don’t like about the app is that clients are only allowed to book (via Instagram or the link) using a paid plan. I feel that clients should be able to book through all social media platforms using the Acuity link whether the business owner has a paid plan or not, and that some app functions should be limited and only accessed by those who pay for it.

Isis G.
Industry: Music

Acuity simplified my life in a BIG way!

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

I have solved setting up appointments, group class sign ups, managing wait lists, performance sign ups, volunteer sign ups, accurate meeting confirmation emails, collecting data from my customers when they sign up and so much more!

Pros

Once we started using this platform for booking appointments and classes for our music conference, I quickly realized that I could use it for the other music school I worked at as well as for myself for my podcast bookings. The more I use it, the more I realize how much time it has truly saved me from going back and forth emailing people, sending erroneous information out and my favourite part is that the people signing up for things have control of their bookings to change and modify without my help. It's taken so much administrative time off my plate. Honestly, it's been a huge win for a small business owner with a small team. The 1-1 meeting scheduler is by far the best and easiest I've seen.

Cons

The only thing I wish Acuity had, is a group class attendance list that isn't just a file download that I can share with others like my class assistants and interns in real time without sharing a login with them. This feature would make my life even better. But the way it is now, is still functional and totally useful for small businesses. The other feature I wish there was is Payment plans for large program packages.

Patrick M.

My new favorite

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 29/08/2019

I have had this idea to create my company for years, now that I am pressing all the buttons and actually firing it up - Acuity has given me access to templates that make my ideas not only possible but also WAY more efficient. For instance, I knew there would be a way to create linked classes over consecutive weeks - but i did not know it would be so easy to set them up. Thanks, Acuity!

Pros

I found Acuity through word of mouth - others were using it as an integration with MailChimp - I am very pleased with the robust help section as well as the step by step guides offered. Though still a newbie, the straightforward design and easy to follow directions make me feel like I made a good choice and that the folks who make Acuity seem to know that us small business owners have enough on our hands so making it easy for us to streamline as many workflows as possible while not skimping on design is a huge plus.

Cons

This is not a slam, but its a little like every time you open Safari and its like - DO YOU WANT THIS TO BE YOUR DEFAULT? - no, safari, i don't. but i am using SquareSpace, MailChimp, and Acuity - and i wish i could click a button and just not see all the competing options with what I am already using? I have committed to CRM elsewhere and wish i could hide it in Acuity - this is not really against Acuity though as literally every site does this....

Jay W.
Industry: Photography

Easily solved our complex Photography Studio schedule.

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

We love Acuity and cannot see ever moving away from it. Not only does it manage our booking and syncing with Google Calendar, but it also integrates with our CRM Pipedrive. We use it both on the computer and mobile application while out of the studio with clients which has made booking incredibly easy and no longer a frustration.

On top of that, our no-shows have plummeted due to the automation reminder text messages and emails. Something we never had implemented prior to Acuity and now couldn't live without. With how busy everybody is anymore, reminders are so helpful and really make a huge difference so we don't get stuck waiting on a client who forgot to show up.

Pros

We love the ability for clients to schedule themselves, and once we got everything sorted out with how to logistically set up our schedule to account for how our business runs, it has solved so many issues and problems of knowing when to schedule a client.

The ability to assign resources and set the availability for those resources is really the best part. For almost any client-heavy industry this is a key feature which allows you to maximize your client load in an orderly fashion. We wen't from thinking our schedule was maxed out, to realizing we had the ability to expand our schedule over 50% thus increasing our bottom line.

Cons

If you have no worked with a scheduling software before, there is a learning curve. We used Acuity for well over 9 months before figuring out how to really utilize this tool to maximize our studio schedule. Granted, the help and support Acuity offers is amazing, but I tend to DIY most things until I get stuck. By reaching out for help and support when you get stuck, the only minor frustration is easily mitigated and goes away quickly.

Sarah W.

Amazing. Seriously. If I could give more than 5 stars for customer support I totally would.

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

Ability to seamlessly manage multiple calendars, have ready access to calendar, client details and historical data, and access information remotely, but also securely!

Pros

I was looking for software that A) Had the ability to seamlessly coordinate shared appointments across multiple calendars B) was REALLY easy to use and C) was HIPAA compliant. I couldn't easily find the dual calendar feature, and contacted customer support before I moved on, their executive was AWESOME. He understood my question (not easy!), pointed me in the right direction, set up the behind-the-scenes setting that I needed, was super helpful, and made me laugh. I've had a month to play with the software, and I'm really appreciating the features and ease of use. We don't use any of the customer-interfacing portion of the software, nor have we dabbled yet in the integrating of billing, but the core client/calendar management features have been SO great. I also really love the corporate culture of Acuity. Their on-screen prompts, quirky sense of humor, and human element (go read the bios of the employees), make me want to be part of their team. And their commitment to super-serve their clients made me feel like I was the most important client in the world, even though I was just one tiny little trial client checking them out. Finally, no matter how much I liked the product or the company, it would have been a dead-end if I couldn't ensure HIPAA compliance for our data protection and client confidentiality. Great features, robust security, and amazing support - all I need now are flowers and chocolate!

Cons

Well, apart from the fact that the one required feature I need (HIPAA compliant security) is only available at the highest paid level (regardless of what other features you may need), there's only one software challenge I've encountered. The daily calendar - where I can see one or all of the individual or shared calendars, is very useful - I can easily see open appointments as white space, so "at a glance" I can see what is available in an individual's calendar. The WEEKLY view, however, condenses the days' calendars, so it only shows the currently filled appointments and removing white space, making it difficult to visualize open appointments across multiple providers' calendars at one time. I have partially overcome this by creating color coded appointments for each provider (even though it's the same service), so that i can at least see quickly the volume of appointments by color. But the weekly calendar really only works effectively for me when looking at one provider's calendar at a time. There may be a way to customize the weekly view that I have not yet discovered, or a way to color-code the calendars rather than the appointments, worth an email to Shane in customer support, but regardless, not a deal breaker for me!

Grace D.

Most flexibility/features, without compromising the simplicity of scheduling for clients.

Reviewed on 28/12/2017

Pros

On the hunt for a 'good' scheduling software I tried out many free trials, and among those Acuity stood out. Acuity seemed to be the only software I could find that allowed me to customize different appointment types to my needs, without compromising the ease of use for my clients (e.g., simplicity and ease of use). I was able customize my automated reminders/confirmation emails AND text messages for each appointment type which was not available with all softwares (text message reminders, personally, has greatly decreased 'no shows'). The confirmation emails and reminders also have a re-scheduling button, which helped the hassle of dealing with rescheduling emails. Another selling point was the ability to sync Acuity to google calendar. On the user side, this allowed me to set availability based on my google calendar availability, and also see my appointment in google calendar. For clients, there confirmation email allowed them to add their appointment to google calendar. In summer here are other reasons why I chose Acuity: client scheduling is ascetically pleasing and super simple, ability to create multiple different appointment types with different features (e.g., intake forms, availability, duration, reminders ect.). This review is based of the feature I needed from Acuity, although Acuity has other really great features I plan on someday taking advantage of such as Rooms and Resources---great aspect to the software.

Cons

The overall con of the software is I found there to be a slight learning curve. Personally, I would say I am pretty tech-savvy and have some programming experience, so scheduling software should be pretty straight forward. However, I did run in to some trouble when creating appointments. Here are some examples: there seems to be a couple ways to set a particular setting such as the start time of the appointment and the amount of clients who can schedule the same appointment--both can be set in the calendar availability and specific appointment type availability (wonder which setting overrides the other??), still have not figured out how to have different appointment types on the same calendar with the same availability that CAN BE be scheduled at the same time without being considered 'over-booking' (solved this by adding appointment types to different calendars in Acuity), customer support pages videos seemed to be based on a later version of the Acuity so are not very helpful. I also have a suggestion based on the intake forms--The forms are useful, and a good feature but it would be nice if the form included some display logic like other survey platforms. For example, I ask clients if they would like to receive cash or gift card compensation. If the participant chooses gift card I would like another question to display that asks if they would like a gift card for amazon or wawa.

Andy A.
Industry: Libraries

AS - Great free scheduling/appointment website with a bit extra, especially if you're willing to pay

Reviewed on 28/01/2017

I was hired on to provide free technology tutoring/help to the public through my public libraries. I needed something where I could schedule myself and others between multiple locations easily and in a way that I could see who I've got when. Traditionally they used paper signup sheets and or calendars and maybe a personal digital calendar or something but nothing fancy and totally manual. As a techy, I hated this idea and decided to look for a website that could help me automate the signup process. I originally tried Google Forms to gather bulk answers like "what's your name" and "what do you want tech help with" and "when do you want to book your time" and it was ok, but Google doesn't have scheduling built in and I needed to use third party add-ons which then had full access to my google drive and even then it didn't work very well at all, it was a pain for me, the customer, and the library staff who needed to be able to confirm appointments. So I went searching for websites that would do a better job and I found quite a few, picked some that looked good (many were obviously not going to work for what I wanted/needed) and signed up for 4 or 5 sites. I thought I found one that was great, I was using it for a short while but then kept running into issues and the support wasn't great. I decided to start testing out my second pick, AS, and at first it seemed a little to easy, but then I found some of the extra options and realized how they have the site setup and from there it's been good. I'm quite picky and demanding at times, even when I know there's something a system can't or won't do, I'll still ask the support team if we can do it and ask for work-arounds etc. to do something similar, partly so they know it's something people want. The support here is great (unless you work weekends, that's the only reason I removed a star) even though they're e-mail only (again, as a techy I don't mind) they do respond quite quickly. It's a small team but over 50% of staff is customer service based on their website. I've been told that the top 2 paid accounts get live chat support as well, but again only on the weekend. I have no need to accept payment but again I did need multiple "calendars " for each location, however, there is another way around that if you don't mind a couple of things being shared, which in my case is not an issue at all, so I was able to do everything for free. I can see it being VERY useful at a business level with a paid account. Thanks.

Pros

That I can do almost everything for free. It's also easy to use. And the staff are really nice and helpful. And they have decent promos on now and then it seems (like for writing a honest review).

Cons

No weekend support.
Also, to get multiple calendars, I need to pay :( That won't be a con for most people but in my situation it was.

Natasha W.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great Scheduling Service!

Reviewed on 13/05/2019

Acuity Scheduling continues to improve. It helps my business to run smoother because I do not worry about sending appointment reminders, sending payment requests, or following up with clients. The software does it for me. I am able to block out time slots when I'm busy and add in time when I need a buffer after each client. Acuity Scheduling is fantastic for consultants, entrepreneurs, teachers, life coaches, and freelancers.

Pros

-I can embed my schedule on my website.
-Acuity gives me a personal link per my schedule and/or per each service. I am able to send the direct link to clients.
-It is easy to set-up, and Acuity allows for multiple calendars and multiple services.
-I can group my services and offer add-ons for an additional cost.
-Acuity sends reminders to my clients, confirmation emails, and a thank you note to my clients.
-It syncs well with PayPal and Stripe to accept payment from external vendors.
-It also allows me to make packages, gift certificates, and coupons to offer to clients.
-Acuity is very customizable; I can input my logo and change the colors on my calendar to indicate certain services and times.
-When clients book, I can include a form that I would like for them to complete before submitting the booking, which allows for me to ensure that they read my terms and conditions and to ensure that they are a great fit for my business.
-The mobile app is just as great.

Cons

-The free subscriber options are limited. You will have to pay to get the full service, but you cannot pay to add-on single aspects of a service.

Mike N.
Industry: Music

Vital software for my business

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Overall, i'm pleased with Acuity and i rely on it daily. If it went away my business would definitely suffer.

Pros

Acuity is easy to set up and even easier to use. It integrates seamlessly (and impressively) with my calendar and that of my employees. My customers love the calendar invites and text reminders. Drag-and-drop rescheduling is so easy.

Cons

1) Acuity's reports are junk. At least i can export to Excel and get everything i need, but not within the app. They need to look at their competitors to see what they do; TimeTap's reports are beautiful, but that wasn't enough to get me to go with them.
2) Customer service is so minimal as to be nearly nonexistent. They say that's how they keep their prices low, but it's not very helpful. Even having a human rep available by email would be a perk.

Jasmine W.

Make the switch!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 25/05/2020

Overall, I LOVE Acuity and will continue to use it to grow my business and keep organized!

Pros

Acuity offers excellent customization for all your scheduling needs. I love that even their Free Plan offers multiple 'event types'.

I also LOVE the payment and video conference integrations. I personally connect my Acuity to PayPal and Zoom. When I have a paid consultation, the client pays me ahead of time as soon as they book their meeting on Acuity, and gets their Zoom meeting information instantly.

Cons

I wish the email confirmations were more customizable to better suit my brand. Even something as little as emojis (only certain ones work) would make all the difference!

Also, on the free plan, you aren't able to connect to your Google Calendar. This means if you have any non-Acuity events or don't update your Acuity availability immediately, there is a chance of double booking. I've had this happen to me twice.

Nicole B.
Industry: Photography

ACUITY SCHEDULING SOFTWARE IS A GAME CHANGER FOR MY BUSINESS

Reviewed on 10/11/2019

Overall the benefits are absolutely huge. I am not the most organised person naturally, and also find it exhausting doing all the one on oner scheduling and the endless phone calls. Acuity takes all that out of the occasion and immediately informs me on my phone if there is a booking. It integrates with so many other progrannes that i need to use to run a successful business. I am fairly new to Acuity, but after researching Acuity it is a must have for me. I am totally excited about how much time I can save and love the professionalism and seamless user experience for the client

Pros

I have recently started using Click Funnels to help market my photography. I also have another business as a Life Coach, so I needed something powerful and user friendly for me to manage all the appointments. I had originally trialled Calendly, but felt frustrated by some of its limitations. I also just finished rebranding on a premium Wix website and love the way you can seamlessly embed Acuity into my site. Once you have it set up, you are then able to enjoy some fantastic time saving features where there's no toing and froing with clients on the phone and many other automations that are huge timers. I absolutely love the way Acuity works with you to help an emerging business block out periods of time as you build up your clientele. This makes you look busier than you are and prospective clients think you are busy and in demand.

Cons

Initially it was a bit of a learning curve for me to set up, but it starts to make sense quite quickly. I had a fairly detailed set up, including all my different services and also making sure i embedded my terms and conditions that had to be ticked off before booking. It is also reasonably priced for what it offers, but annoyingly our Australian dollar is so weak at the moment that i couldn't pay a year in advance and save. At least that option is available as your business grows.

Robert D.
Industry: E-Learning
Company size: Self Employed

Wish I'd found this much sooner, just the ticket!

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

I was looking for something very similar to what I'm already using, but with a few specific extra features that it seems crazy to me aren't available. I wanted a reasonable monthly price, the ability to share a direct link to my booking page on social media via a link, integration with google calendar so I don't get a load of double-bookings and the ability to set a maximum number of appointments per day. Acuity has all of that and more.

Pros

Once you've spent a little bit of time getting to grips with the interface, it's super easy to set up. I'm an online ESL teacher working for several third party sites, and the acuity scheduler is very similar to what I've seen before. This is a plus, as it means I'm already familiar with the basic concepts and it didn't take me too long to figure out where everything was and how it works. Not only that, Acuity fixes a lot of the main gripes I had with the platforms I'm already using i.e. lack of integration with other apps, inability to set a maximum for the number of appt. per day etc. I'd tried out a few other apps of this kind in the past (the usual suspects, I won't name them here), but found they were either too expensive or lacking specific features that it seemed obvious to me needed including. Hooray for Acuity!

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve at the start, I imagine more so if this is your first time using this kind of software, but considering how much easier it's going to make things moving forward I think it's more than worth the initial effort. There are a number of very detailed and helpful tutorial videos provided anyway to help users get started. It took me perhaps an afternoon to get through them.

Kristina K.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
Company size: Self Employed

Amazing organizational and scheduling tool

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

I was having issues trying to find an online scheduling software that allowed me to play with it until I got used to it. After trying multiple and all of them missing simple and key features (such as more than one appointment type) I had a friend recommdn Acuity Scheduling and I was excited from the start! I am only waiting until I have more clients coming in to use the software and will be transferring over to paid plans immediately!

Pros

I love how easy it was to create everything I needed. Although I am only using the free version, for now, it has almost everything that I want in it and it has been amazing playing around with it. I am also able to use the software to test some of my appointments and it's so easy to edit every appointment type and intake form!

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this. I have no experience with the paid plans or customer service yet, but from what I've heard from the person who recommended it, there is nothing to complain there either and the prices seem more than reasonable to me for what is advertised.

Julie F.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Game changing scheduling software

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

I have enjoyed having Acuity scheduler as part of my suite of business tools. Had a few questions in the beginning and customer service was quick and responsive. Having scheduling software has made a big difference in my business-my customers are more respectful of my time and I believe they also are more respectful of my business overall.

Pros

I really love Acuity--very easy to set up and integrate with my website and social media pages. Also easy to share with clients. And, I Iove that I can include a questionnaire when clients make appointments with me so I am better prepared for our call.

Cons

I wish it had the texting reminder capability at a lower price point. Other than that, no complaints!

Marien S.
Industry: Hospitality

Keeps me on track!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 3/11/2019

Acuity is great! It is like everything you need to learn how to use it and then is all good. It has a system that us user friendly only when you have done the research to educate yourself. It is no drag and drop kind of software but after trying a few different ones I really like this one.

Pros

I love that I can get pay through it. I have a store on my website and i wanted to add some services but couldn't get paid through my store because of automated emails of other products and acuity saved the day!

Cons

no people to chat with online or over the phone. and that the buttons on the emails can't be deleted even thou it says you can, I always have issues with that not working.

Joe R.

Acuity For Group PT Bookings

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

Acuity saves me money whilst handling all my appointment (session) booking needs with a solution that’s easy for me and my clients to use.

Pros

The app is seriously convenient; easy and smooth to use.
Although acuity isn’t actually designed for the kind of bookings I use it for, it’s so flexible and adaptive that it works perfectly for my business.
Although I’m a technophobe I’ve managed to set everything up on my own, without even having to contact support.
It’s easy for my clients to use, including multiple bookings in no time at all and looks smooth from their end.

Cons

It may just be me, but it seems a little bit tricky to delete individual appointments but I’ve only tried through the app and I think you may have to use a desktop to delete.
An app for my clients to use would be great, instead they have to follow a link to book and login every time.

Sarah S.
Industry: Fine Art
Company size: Self Employed

This is honestly the best

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

Ive used some other scheduling apps before and they were very expensive and not as organized as acuity is - I loves how simple yet veryyyy organized and neat Acuity is- This app literallyyy does it all for you !

Pros

I lovvveee how you can set up multiple appointments... How you can send out reminders, confirmations and even an email weeks later to see how the appointment went for your client

Cons

I wish the calendar would show a whole week at a time instead of a day at a time (You can look at the whole month if you wanted to though)

Kingsley O.

Acuity

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

- Scheduling
- Although not specifically built for this, I use it as an on-demand booking platform

Pros

I have used acuity across multiple businesses, so I have always been acquainted with the ease of use. I have to truly say it's an amazing piece of software. I followed the company before they were acquired by Squarespace and I liked that I could call but now you could only email, nonetheless, they are still quick and efficient in their response. I appreciate you guys. Keep the good work going...

Cons

Not a cpn, but I'd like to see the software evolve into something more on-demand friendly, say it can handle all booking functionalities similar to what a company like Glamsqaud or Handy would need

Gabriele C.
Industry: Writing & Editing
Company size: Self Employed

Saving time, saving space, staying sane

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 25/06/2020

Acuity Scheduling not only created order in my diary and brought simplicity and ease to scheduling the consultations and payments, but also supported a deeper appreciation of my suite of services and what it is that I offer. Acuity Scheduling has taken my online consultations to a whole new level. Appointments are made without lengthy email trails, payments are taken care of, reminders appear in the client's inbox, what used to take ages happens in the background while I can aake care of what I do best. And not only that, but clients appreciate the ease and simplicity.

Pros

A friend suggested I give Acuity Scheduling a try and I did, about six weeks ago. I subscribed to their free trial and, unlike other occasions, pretty much immediately got into it – boots and all. And my particular boots were setting up my availability schedule, creating the different categories with their own pricing and finally setting up PayPal Me for ease of consultation fee collection.
I love the fact that Acuity asked me to review and appreciate on a deeper level what it is I bring to people, how long the consultations are and what they are worth, i.e. how much I charge for the different services I offer. For example: I realised that I had been supporting people with content development and that it needed its own category, length of time and pricing structure rather than lumping it in with writing and editing. Acuity Scheduling brought order to my suite of services and has inspired the expansion of my planned website to reflect what it has shown me.

Cons

There isn't so much anything I didn't like but if it were possible, a link to transfer my availability directly to my calendar (iCal) would be great rather than having to do it manually. Or is that a tool I haven't discovered yet or was not part of the free trial?
I had trouble making my Zoom link a permanent part of the booking confirmation; it would drop out and I had to remember to send clients an email with the link.

Arleta B.
Company size: Self Employed

Good system for anyone starting with clients appointments

Reviewed on 5/09/2019

I like the system, I went for it after someone from my entrepreneur network recommended. I also used Calendly for a while and still going back and forth to see how it works. Although I prefer Acuity because I was able to start with the free version to actually see how that works, without being forced into trial which can be confusing after you are finish with it and part of the set up gets blocked. I find it mostly easy to use, with some things being a bit fiddly.

Pros

Definitely favourite part is when I get email that there is appointment scheduled and I can click 'add to google calendar' and while doing that make it a Zoom appointment (while doing it on laptop). I am on the free version as so far not having enough clients and the first paid option still feels quite expensive for someone staring up.

Cons

re: free version, I am unsure how if varies in paid ones. I did struggled with creating a series of appointments (for a 12 weeks programme I offer to clients) when needed to add repeating appointments and then some off schedule dates. I would like it when I choose to add some of my regular schedule dates, that I could automatically then make that time slot available. As so far created set of appointments, then some shown in red as not available in my schedule, then I had to go off the scheduling to create availability to be able to go again and start with creating another appointment.
Hope that somehow makes sense as hard to explain exactly.

Peter M.

I'm glad we switched

Reviewed on 21/06/2020

Overall, we are glad we switched and don't regret our decision. It has streamlined our business and made it easier for our whole team to use.

Pros

We LOVE acuity. Some of the biggest pros:
- fairly easy to use
- a lot of integrations
- a lot of built in features like email reminders and text reminders
- fast load and speeds on our website
- light weight
- easy to navigate for us and the end user

Cons

Switching over from our previous platform, a lot of the functionality is located in different places. We've also had a small learning curve initially but it comes with new territory and software.