LearnUpon Reviews

Jason
Jason

Hands down the ONLY Learning Management System to consider

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

Customer Service, Customer Service, Customer Service. This company never ceases to amaze me when it comes to the hands-on approach they take to customer service. You are assigned a customer success manager from day one, and that individual walks you through the entire process. For us, it was the process of switching from one provider to LearnUpon, and my CSM (Sam) made the process extremely easy. If there is ever a tech issue their tech support help desk is fast to come to the rescue and they treat your issues as seriously as you do.

Pros

This LMS is very user-friendly both from the management side and the learner side. It is visually pleasing to look at, and you don't have to have any coding experience to customize the content and environment to fit your customer's needs and brands.

Cons

If I had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find something I didn't like I would say that on occasion there is a "click" too many in a process of creating a course or assessment. With that being said, I have been with LearnUpon now for 2 years and they are constantly improving their platform and I have seen improvement in this area.

Calum
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Very competitively priced - decent on features

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

A great LMS and definitely a good choice for small to medium business who are growing. No need to tie into 1000's of licenses and pay for something you are not using - unlike other LMS.

Pros

Pricing per active user is a game changer. The cost per user is significantly lower than other LMS vendors I have worked with.

Easy to use and fairly easy to train as admin. Low initial learning curve

Cons

Some features are limited - i.e. Learning Pathways - these cannot be changed once created which is a real issue for how we would have used these - it completely stoppped me from being able to use this feature in our organisation. The team were supportive in trying to find an alternative solution, but outwith courses/curriculum, the progressive learning is a little limited.

Growth Engineering LMS

Reasons for Switching to LearnUpon

We use both, but for our customers, we choose LearnUpon because of the highly competitive pricing and SSO integration features.
Richard
Richard

LearnUpon is easy to use as an admin and easy to imp0lement

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Easiest LMS I have used to implement and manage.

Easiest LMS I have used to implement and manage.

Pros

I tested several LMS' based on my requirements. The main thing I wanted to see if I could setup content and courses in each without having to dig into the user guide. I found once I figured out were to go for what I wanted to do the setup was easy.

The SAML SSO integration was fairly easy and support was very attentive.

Our Customer Success Specialist has been very helpful and provided a great plan for us to get started. I should have taken advantage of this resource more.

They are in Ireland and we are in California, but you would never even know that when you contact support, they have been very responsive. Even if they did not have the answer they got back quickly to let me know they would get the answer.

Cons

The SSO Integrations was easy, but we are seeing issues with the enrollments not properly being assigned. It is hard to diagnose if this is from our end or LU.

I have noticed a few issues where users are enrolled in learning paths or courses and their dashboard will not display the content.

When you make updates to content (videos or assessments) I have seen a few occasions when the user is supposed to have to re-take the test or course and they cannot. Essentially they are stuck. In fairness, the setup I did caused this issue, but when it was adjusted they were still stuck.

Reports are limited. I really need a monthly Users report, but it does not reside in reports. I have to actually export the Users list, then user Excel to sort and filter. I feel this should be this cannot be a simple automated report.

Bridget
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Responsive Support and All the Features We Need

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

LearnUpon was the right fit for our company's needs, the size of our organization, and the certifications we offer.

Pros

What I like most about LearnUpon is that it is a stable product.

Cons

Learning paths in LearnUpon are a bit cumbersome.

iSpring Suite, Docebo and Litmos

Reasons for Switching to LearnUpon

Best fit for the size of our organization, in terms of pricing and features.
John
John
  • Industry: Management Consulting

LearnUpon is an Extension of Who We Are

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

My business utilizes training to implement corporate compliance goals and programs. The LU LMS, the LU staff, the LU customer interactions (all of them), and their genuine interest in us as customers and people puts LU in a rare, very spartan-populated category: business support that I absolutely can count on to make me feel good, look good and work well.

Pros

We were one of the first dozen or so customers of LU from over a decade ago. Their Learning Management System software has evolved over time to the point where I view their changes as opportunities to possibly improve relationships with MY customers. That commitment to help US to improve our business outreach came to be how we view the people, the philosophy and the approach LearnUpon represents to us.

It's challenging to pick the aspect of the LU LMS I like the "most": the fact that after the initial learning curve is complete, it is easy and time efficient to use LU would probably be my favorite aspect. My customers would agree with me too.

Cons

It would be nice if LU had an in-house capability that could take our content and add some attractive visual elements as well as offering some suggestions to review and optimize our interaction and use of the LMS.

Jennifer

Top notch LMS with exceptional customer service!

Reviewed on 19/07/2023

Beyond tracking learning completion, LearnUpon has helped us streamline our learning process, increase employee engagement, and deliver best-in-class results for our clients and employees.

Pros

By far, the best feature of LearnUpon is its people. The customer support they provide is the best I've ever experienced. As far as the system itself: The catalog is very user-friendly and I love the ability to create banners to "advertise" new courses or share announcements. We also leverage the gamification features to encourage engagement and offer swag to monthly top learners. The admin tools also make it easy to maintain all of our content, from SCORM files to media files, embed codes, and documents. We have multiple portals in use which helps keep content better organized by audience and allows us the flexibility to have each portal managed by only the people needed.

Cons

There is one area of the platform that we don't really utilize fully due to its functionality, and that's the forums. I know this is something LearnUpon is looking into updating, and I can't wait to see the improvements.

Nathan
Nathan

A Great Partner

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

I would wholeheartedly recommend Learnupon as an LMS. They are a cost-effective and customer-responsive company with an excellent product.

Pros

There are two benefits to working with Learnupon. The first is the LMS itself. It is easy to use, has a number of very helpful automated features which save me time and effort, and it integrates well with my authored content. The second benefit is the Learnupon staff. They are available when needed and if there are any problems they quickly follow-up and get my problems taken care of.

Cons

One frustrating thing with any LMS is integration with authored content (e.g. storyline). With authored content sometimes you don't know why things aren't working. Early in my e-learning career, I had a lot of problems getting my authored content to work properly on Learnupon. With some help and coaching from Learnupon, I found that it was mostly the way I was building my projects and, with some restructuring, things are now working great. Learnupon has helped me work through my own learning curve.

Daniel

eLearning for our Customers

Reviewed on 3/11/2023

Pros

We are currently utilizing LearnUpon for both internal and customer-facing coursework at our company. The learning portals is a great way to separate these courses.

I will say the support is by far my favorite thing - every time my dept has had an issue our CSM and support assignees were quick to jump on a call, respond to an email, and even followed up to make sure we were happy. Top notch.

Cons

I do wish there was an easier way to showcase which courses should be taken before other courses - we are constantly adding courses and want to make sure the most useful learning paths are still displayed front and center. Prerequisite courses would be a nice feature (IE - Course A must be completed before Course B even appears. Or even better, course B appears but clearly states course A must be completed first.

Margaret
Margaret
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great Product and Service

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

My overall experience with LearnUpon has been fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team helped me to realize and build our online training site from the ground up. They were very patient with me in regards to training, answering my questions, and troubleshooting any issues that I encountered.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and versatile. I was able to customize the platform to match our company's banding and set it up to our very specific needs. I also like that I can choose to create a course using an external design software, upload it easily, and pair it with some of the design features already built into LearnUpon such as the exam and survey functions, or design the entire course completely within the software.

Cons

The only need that is lacking for us is the ability to sell tangible products through LearnUpon using the built in eCommerce function.

Heidi
Heidi
  • Industry: Plastics

Excellent LMS and Even Better Customer Service!

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Our overall experience with LearnUpon has exceeded our expectations. They were able to provide a solution for our needs of requiring an LMS that we can scale for our global training - both in-house and for our customers.
What sets the company apart is their customer service. We have worked with other LMSs in the past and customer support and service has been a struggle. When starting with LearnUpon, we were given a Customer Success Manager who has been responsible for helping us beginning with implementation, all the way through launching a project, and for any daily questions that arise. Their team is responsive, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. I feel that their Customer Support team could teach a class on how to treat customers.

Pros

The LearnUpon interface is very user-friendly.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at this moment. Any issues that we have encountered have been quickly resolved and usually just a matter of educating ourselves on parts of the system.

Lindsay

LearnUpon LMS.......No need to look any further!!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

My overall experience with LearnUpon has been absolutely wonderful! And, I'm not just saying this.......my statement is based on 4+ years using the software. Solid, reliable, user-friendly software, a team that truly listens to their customers and makes changes based on that listening, and excellent customer service. I can't ask for much more than that! Signing up with LearnUpon is a no-brainer. If you're wavering, don't! You'll be in good hands!

Pros

LearnUpon as a software and company is top notch! The software meets all of our needs and then some. And, to make things even better their customer service is fantastic (think Ritz Carlton customer service). If LearnUpon checks all your boxes and will meet your needs, then go with them! You won't be disappointed.

Cons

The thing I liked (past tense) least is the customer experience when a customer had a login in on another portal in the larger LearnUpon ecosystem and then would sign up for our courses. However, I provided feedback to LearnUpon and they implemented an upgrade to fix this. Wow!! Top notch customer service coupled with a great software! The company listens to their customers and responds, implementing upgrades to meet their LearnUpon users needs. This has happened multiple times to me :) Kuddos to LearnUpon!

Ezzy
  • Industry: Design

A Simple and Easy-to-Use LMs

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Overall, I'm extremely impressed with LearnUpon. It's the easiest LMS I've ever used. It's so user-friendly that I've seen about a 45% drop in usability questions and support requests from my learners.

Pros

LearnUpon's user interface is clean, beautiful, and very easy to use. The implementation was the easiest LMS implementation I've ever been a part of. The support you get from both the support team and your account rep are outstanding. The entire LMS is solidly built and extremely trustworthy.

Cons

This LMS is lacking in reporting tools. Luckily, the company is aware and working to build out more robust reports. In the meantime, however, you really have to export reports to Excel and figure it out from there. I also wish there was more flexibility in the way courses can be laid out. There aren't many options right now.

Kenneth

Over ten years

Reviewed on 6/04/2022

I have been using LearnUpon for over ten years, first for the nations largest machine trades association and then as my own LMS provider. This group will not let you down if you are looking for a great educational platform/ LMS

Pros

Ease of use and customer support as well as cost / value for all the features

Cons

I found no cons with LearnUpon.. the entire LMS experience is wonderful

CANVAS, Moodle and Blackboard Learn
Amanda

Unbeatable customer service and constantly evolving

Reviewed on 5/05/2015

LearnUpon's mission was to build an LMS that is quick to setup, super easy to use and backed up by exceptional customer support. They have, without a doubt, succeeded on all three goals. I was up and running with my first course in minutes. The interface is intuitive, easy on the eyes, and super clean.

My clients have benefited from LearnUpon's quick portal set-up. I have been able to create customized demonstration portals, fully branded and populated with example user groups, courses, assessments, surveys, and reports, in a matter of hours allowing me to show the value of a learning portal to my clients based on their unique needs.

It is fun to see how LearnUpon's LMS can solve challenges my clients and I have. As I experiment with the array of options for course content, learning paths, assessment, and reporting I frequently refer to their detailed Administrators Manual and well organized Knowledge Base to make sure I am utilizing all of the possibilities LearnUpon's LMS had to offer.

When I have a question the documentation can't answer, LearnUpon's superior customer service offers expertise and professionalism unlike any I have experienced with a software product. Shane, Lisa, Carrie, Ian, Des and everyone else on the LearnUpon team are a pleasure to work with. My questions are often answered within hours and those that require a little investigation are followed up on in a timely and professional manner. The knowledgeable and prompt customer service LearnUpon provides has helped me build trust with my clients who have been burned in the past by apathetic support from other vendors.

LearnUpon is always improving their product and services to their customers. They look to the industry for what features could help learners get the training and education they need to succeed. I highly recommend them if you are looking to invest in an LMS for your organization or for your growing training business.

Richard Smith

The perfect LMS for commercial training companies

Reviewed on 10/11/2013

I highly recommend LearnUpon to any training company serious about providing its customers with a superb eLearning experience. We invested heavily in developing stunning eLearning content and needed an LMS to match. After six months of trialing countless different systems I was losing hope of finding one, then I discovered LearnUpon and haven't looked back.

I don't feel like I have just bought a product, I feel like I have entered into a partnership with a highly skilled, ambitious and professional team of LMS experts. They're a young, vibrant, ambitious team who definitely put their customers at the very centre of what they do. They understand that their customers aren't buying a system, they're buying a means for taking their eLearning products to market. I believe that you can only be as good as your worst supplier - since adopting the LearnUpon LMS our customers and their learners have gained much added value and overall a superb eLearning experience.

We use LearnUpon to provide direct access to our eLearning to end-users and we also provide our larger clients with a branded portal on the system so they can administer and manage their staff's access to our eLearning courses. It works perfectly in both cases.

Pros

Great customer portal functionality, with really smart branding and white labeling options
Intuitive, versatile, smart and affordable.
Really easy to use and maintain.

Cons

None. It does everything we need it to do and more. Our eLearning courses are relatively short (60-90 mins). I therefore cannot speak for how well it would work with heavier courses, although I see no reason why it wouldn't be just as good.

Gregory

Learn Upon hits the mark!

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

It has been a very easy partnership. We were cautiously optimistic about the customer service during the sales process and have become raving fans post with our actual experience.

Pros

The tool is excellent and meets all the needs we identified in our acquisition process... but the customer support is what has made it a great decision.

Cons

Some of the intricacies of how the platform works... an example would be...building test questions in a test bank and pulling them into the course- 2 steps instead of just building the questions in the course. Customer support helped with items like this and helped us build out the process needed to be successful.

Kayla
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

LMS Extraordinare!

Reviewed on 25/02/2019

LearnUpon has allowed us to provide options for ILT sessions, taking administration off of the learning team to focus on strategy and design. In addition, LearnUpon puts learning in the hands of the learner!

Pros

This learning system allows for a lot of flexibility in the way it is designed. You are able to setup eLearning, webinars, videos, readings, podcasts / audio, ILT sessions and more! I think the functionality is still growing, but will be maintained in that only relevant features that we need will be added. The LearnUpon team has a great roadmap for development that clearly is based on customer needs for social learning. I think this modern LMS is a strong tool for those interested in implementing an LMS to support their learners' needs.

Cons

Although the menus are easy to get used to, it is not immediately simple to find for new users. Setting up management reporting relationships can be difficult in this system.

Ewa
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to use & flexible to implement across multi-functional company

Reviewed on 6/08/2019

Uniformity of training across all business units - same message and materials are delivered to all learners at the same time

Pros

LearnUpon is very intuitive for both administrator and the learner.
It provides great options for providing training/learning materials without being overwheliming with bells and whitles.

Cons

Many options that I have not been able to explore and use!
It is not a con... I need more time to learn about LU to its fullest capacity.

Sandra
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A really valued Strategic Partner

Reviewed on 20/07/2020

They have been an oustanding partner. They listen to our needs and work with us to find solutions. They provide great access to support and really try to meet our needs within our budget.

Pros

It provides a smaller business with access to features of a large enterprise LMS.

Cons

We can't have two currencies in one portal.. this is a unique need.

Brian

Outstanding LMS.

Reviewed on 13/12/2013

Pros : Easy to use, intuitive, reliable LMS at a great price.

Excellent customer service....

Pros : Easy to use, intuitive, reliable LMS at a great price.

Excellent customer service. Extremely courteous and accommodating.

Incredible technical support.

Course creation doesn't get any easier.

Great reporting functions.

Constantly updated with the latest market trends and developments.

Catered to our needs perfectly.

Cons : Any initial minor issues that we encountered were quickly addressed and solved for us.

Overall : When starting up an online education business, finding the right Learning Management System is the crucial first step. Having trialled numerous LMS systems, I was beginning to feel that we would have to take the plunge and build an extremely costly personalised system. I then came across LearnUpon and was blown away with its ease of use, great features, great personal service, and extremely competitive pricing. From the first time that I logged in, I knew that I had found the ideal LMS solution and haven't looked back since.

Highly recommended Learning Management System. Intuitive and affordable, with a great team behind it. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to deliver online courses.

Danny

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

AWESOME SAUCE

Pros

LearnUpon is great in almost every aspect. Very user friendly and easy to work with. All the employees i have worked with are incredible people and i look at as friends now.

Cons

Only thing i would change that they have not done all ready is make the course creator a little more robust.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy to use, easy to administer, regardless of the size of employee base.

Reviewed on 4/04/2018

Quick and easy administration and reporting. LearnUpon also appear to welcome and act upon client feedback and improve their product accordingly.

Pros

The dashboard! I love when an online resource that has lots of functionality provides a dashboard with quick and easy links to the tasks that you typically perform the most. We currently only use a relatively small amount of LearnUpon's functionality so it's great not to have to trawl through all the admin settings to get things done. The reporting is also very useful and easy to navigate.

Cons

I honestly don't have any major issues with the software. In terms of categorising users, I'd like to be able to archive users so I can only see active employees, but I understand why the software presents all users initially.

Blayne
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Easy to Use and Beautiful Interface

Reviewed on 30/03/2019

Because our company works remotely from one another, it's been great to use an easy system like LearnUpon that doesn't require us to all be in the same room. Also because we're building and selling fast, I'm grateful that it's easy to use and easy to edit content!

Pros

I've used a few different Learning Management Systems before, and this one is the most intuitive.

Cons

Getting up-to-speed on any LMS is tough. Just learning where everything is and how to make edits when you're in the middle of selling and building the next course.

Great features and support

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

Amazing support

Amazing support

Pros

rich feature set and sophisticated look

Cons

Would like for an option to have default settings, rather than needing to select options for each course/resource

Ryan

LearnUpon has been wonderful to work with and use!

Reviewed on 28/05/2015

We have been using LearnUpon for about 2 years now and I do not have one negative thing to say about the company or the platform. It is extremely easy to use and navigate, and some of the features just surpass what other comparable LMS systems are doing. Working in the leadership coaching field, we deal a lot with customer relations, and LearnUpon has been nothing but a revelation to work with. They are quick to answer questions and get you the help you need, as well as constantly updating and improving the system based on what their customers are looking for and submitting to them. I would recommend LearnUpon to anyone looking for an LMS system.