2,110 reviews
2,110 reviews
Sharmila Y.

Mindbody Online transformed my business

Reviewed on 3/09/2019

I tried to leave Mindbody once to go to Booker (now a MBO owned company) and that was a huge fail. They didn't offer the preferences that worked for my boutique, small studio. MBO has stellar customer service. Also, BOLD is beyond a doubt, the most exciting part of MBO and helping owners stay motivated, inspired and educated.

Pros

Mindbody offers exemplary customer service. I have been with them for more than 10 years of the 15 years that I have been in business. It's user friendly, innovative and helps business owners to automate their work.

Cons

The price for MBO keeps getting more expensive. Also, the partner companies can add up too.

Kendra G.

It's Helpful!

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

MB has been great within the yoga studio / fitness studio / wellness studio industry. I've been using it for years now, within different states / facilities, as well as using it myself as a client. Easy to use, but have a feeling there is so much my company is unaware of / not taking advantage of [some tools that could really benefit the company that we don't know exist]. I'm also not a fan of MB working with other companies who saw flaws in the system, and now charge extra $ to implement. Why can't MB just come up with these ideas themselves, implement within their software, charge an extra charge if you must, but keeping it all within MINDBODY [not also to FitGrid, ZipWhip, etc.]. Customer service could also use some work. Our company struggled for weeks trying to get hardware ordered. We were promised multiple efforts of help with no one actually able to assist until I finally made it to the MB BOLD conference and sought help. It took way too long for us to give your company money for an item we wanted to order to benefit our sales.

Pros

The software is easy to use [once you practice]. It allows us to do everything we need, to an extent, with scheduling private sessions, massage, requesting appointments, as well as checking students in to classes, allowing them to purchase retail. It seems to have everything we need rolled into one package, at least for us with the Ultimate package.

Cons

I think there should be more webinars on how to use the software. Yes, there are videos to watch and the certification process, but this does not allow for open dialogue, questions to be asked, etc. Webinars w/ a MB customer support team available to discuss would be ideal and allow us all to know more of what our system has available for us to use / take advantage of.

Sylvie M.

I wish there were major revisions to MBO

Reviewed on 30/08/2018

Pros

The MBO business app works well on my phone for events

Cons

I do not think it's efficient at all. There are wayyyyyyyyy too many things to click to get to what you want, clients have to wait way too long to get signed in and pay for a package. I used to work in the restaurant industry and POS systems definitely had their flaws but they were quick and to the point. MBO was definitely designed by someone who has never had to work a busy sign in at a busy yoga studio. It seems the system was designed by someone who does not understand the client experience or how important efficiency is an employee. And the amount of glitches and ways I have to trick the system to do what I want, for example the autopay schedule. Why can't I use two forms of payment for one payment? Like $10 from their account credit and the rest on the card. Instead I have to charge the card the rest ahead of time to the account and then apply it to the month and then go in and change the payment type which sometimes doesn't save and sometimes changes it all to account payment. Which causes the client to have a huge negative account balance by the time we catch it and we have to go back to find them. That's one example.

Also the customer service is horrendous. I usually have to call back a few times about the same issue in order to get someone who knows what they are doing or talking about. And half the time I have to teach the reps how to work something in order to get an answer.

I really think MBO has a long way to go before it's useful.

Amy R.

Overpriced and disappointing business practices

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

Middling. The only reason we are still with MindBody is because it took a long time to set it up how we want it, and our clients are familiar and understand how to use it.

Pros

It is reasonably fully featured, and you can usually find a work around to achieve what you want or need to do, but it isn't all that intuitive.
A lot of our clients seem to have used MindBody before, so it is familiar to them. Clients like that they can book quickly and easily through a mobile app.

Cons

MindBody has become horrendously over-priced. They increased subscription rates by a huge margin (almost double, in some cases!), and justified it by shoe-horning in a bunch of extra features that we did not want or need, or which were not available to us outside of the US - yet we were still expected to pay for them! Our only option was to downgrade our subscription package to one left us about a quarter of the features we were used to, and removed some very common-sense "features"(such as the ability to mask instructors full names from the client-facing interface - thus leaving our instructors open to potential stalking from people not even signed up to our system) - and yet we still had to pay more for this poorer functionality! The fact that they did not grandfather in current subscribers to stay at the same rate is appalling - we've been using MindBody for six years. Some recognition of customer loyalty would go a long way.
I am investigating other options for our booking software.

Noemi M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great software that is so straightforward

Reviewed on 4/04/2019

Overall, my experience has been great - I actually remember being excited when my current studio, OrangeTheory, switched over to MindBody, because it was something I was familiar with from other studios. So I liked the idea that I wouldn't have to be stressed about learning a whole new platform because it had been so simple when I used it previously. It would be great if more studios would use this app to establish continuity across app usage and make our lives easier.

Pros

I love that this software updates so quickly, is responsive, straightforward, and easy to use. I have used apps for a ballet barre studio and OrangeTheory that have been powered through mind body. My experience has been great - signing up for classes has never been easier, and I love the option to see my history, how many classes I have left in my package (would like a way to see when those expire as I don't always remember billing date), what package options are available, and even instructor photos and names in case I couldn't remember that one instructor whose class I enjoyed. The dashboard is also useful as I feel it displays useful at-a-glance information and helpful tips that have actually changed my approach to the workout.

Cons

I get that it needs to be password protected as you can buy additional classes, but in the past it's been a bit annoying to have to sign into the app - it's not always straightforward what e-mail & password I used. Would be much better with a PIN / 4 digit passcode sign in or Face ID or something. If it takes me too long to sign in, I get annoyed and do something else instead of signing up for that class. I will say, though, that recently, I haven't had to sign in too much, as my account opens when I open my app for OrangeTheory, but sometimes in the past I've gotten logged out and it's a pain to get back in.

Justin G.

MindBody for small appointment-based wellness business

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

I had a very bad experience with a billing issue. I got lost somewhere between the sales and billing departments. Took hours and hours of my time on the phone and many emails to resolve a very straightforward billing issue. The issue was escalated, but I still didn't receive very good service. MBO eventually fixed the error, but didn't offer me anything for my trouble. The way they handled the entire thing was brutal. Eroded the loyalty and goodwill they had developed with me during the training sessions.

Make sure you document everything that you chat about with your salesperson! If there is a problem, I wish you well trying to figure it out...

Pros

Once MBO is setup, the basic functions are relatively easy to use, especially in the app. My staff rarely have issues and picked up the basic functionality quickly. The MBO trainers who help to setup the system and do the training for the administrator are great, as are the support team. Very helpful and knowledgeable. I use the chat feature with support often, even though there is often a 20-minute wait.

Cons

From the administrator's perspective, user experience and system design could use some work. It's not very intuitive and can be difficult to locate things. Lots of little check boxes off to the sides, pull downs with language that isn't straightforward, easy to miss things or select the wrong thing when setting up or making changes. You will need to contact support a lot, especially in the beginning. Initial onboarding for the administrator is not easy, even for someone quite comfortable with technology. I also haven't found the integration partnerships not great, especially WaiverKing. Hard to setup and the support is not great. Glitchy. Clients often have issues. In addition, I use WaiverKing for client's to fill out a medical intake form, which is not accessible from the MBO app. My staff must open MBO on the browser on their mobile devices in order to see documents. Not ideal as the browser version is not optimized for mobile. Very hard to use. Also not loving the marketing automation features. Limited and visually not that nice looking in terms of design.

Sean S.

Very convenient for checking in guests quickly and user friendly for generating sales reports

Reviewed on 18/09/2019

Being a front desk employee I frequently had to engage with customers to look up class schedules for them, get them booked into classes they were interested in, and handle payment for classes or massages. The MINDBODY system was always very efficient in these tasks and I feel it is optimized for this type of business (spa, massage, yoga studio, etc.). It was very rare that I had to have customers wait while I tried to figure things out because the interface always felt intuitive and this software seemed to have all the options I could hope for.

Pros

This software makes it very easy to check in guests in a timely manner, apply relevant coupon codes, check existing balances, and quickly add items to a guests order. The interface is very intuitive and I feel that I was able to quickly learn it and teach it to new employees. Price modifications and discounts for employees or other special circumstances were very easy and quick to enter.

Cons

I found that a couple times there were multiple entries in this system for the same guest. Sometimes one of these entities had a gift card balance or something else that the guest would want us to know about but if we chose the wrong account to look in this would not be immediately clear to us and could cause confusion. It was typically fairly easy to resolve and we were able to consolidate the accounts into one.

Deborah M.

expensive, but effective

Reviewed on 28/09/2019

in the process of changing brand, will see how it goes

Pros

great analytics
when you do get customer service, they are very thorough and patient
forever memory of all clients and purchases

Cons

point of purchase has never been updated to make an easier flow for client checkins and sales to take p;ace in a faster way. chip readers etc..
it takes many steps, complicating certain changes and searches
it takes a ling time to get through to customer service
Expensive and every ad-on makes this an expensive "partner" to stay up with all aspects of building customer retention through the app...I don't like feeling nickle and dimed :ie:when we did a "dynamic pricing" the add on was 15%(no problem)...but then super annoying to have a 3.5% additional fee for credit card customers...Howe else would anybody buy a class through the MINDBODY app? Just make it a straight and honest fee, we already pay credit card fees on our monthly intake,, its just irritating
difficult/overly time consuming to edot out old inventory ( after 10 years) making searches for new inventory with staff, again, challenging

Tracy N.

This is a very easy scheduler for fitness centers

Reviewed on 24/06/2018

Pros

I love the ease of making and creating appointments. It's a very easy program to start using right away with your small business. I love how you can set up prepaid appointments, but the process to figure it out was rough (more on that later).
The reports are great for book keeping and help me keep a great account of our business and it has everything my accountant needs.
My clients love the appointment reminders.
My trainers love the ease of the app to schedule clients any where they are.

Cons

My least favorite things are setting up classes and figuring out the back end was a lot of trial and error. I wish they had better YouTube videos created by the company on how to creat all of these. The support is very slow and not always the best with communication.
We had to do work arounds with the inventory as well. Again once we figured out how to set up the low inventory alerts and the different sections it worked for our company

Response from MINDBODY

Hi Tracy-

We'd love to connect with you about what content we can provide to improve your experience with MINDBODY. Would you be willing to set up a call with us?

Dilraj S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great online platform for health and fitness events near you!!

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

Overall MINDBODY is doing a great job in the area of health and fitness and helping people look for the different events happening near them in this domain. If anybody wants to integrate with MINDBODY then APIs are available for the same for developers and once configured, its really beneficial for local aggregators in this domain.

Pros

MINDBODY allows the users and the providers to create an account and then users can look through different classes or events in the area of health and fitness offered by these registered providers. The schedule can be tracked online along with the registering for the available events. The users can then track the status of these classes for any last minute changes happening in the schedule. One thing which stands out for MINDBODY is the list of APIs which they have provided for these events. The local aggregators can fetch these events from MINDBODY and show them on their online platforms or they can register their own events and schedules by using these APIs.

Cons

UI for the online platform of the MINDBODY is not that intuitive and some of the features are not understood easily by the users. Plus the APIs are not that intuitive and documented properly and sometimes are not sending data in the optimized way as per the industry standards set these days for these kind of APIs. Other than that, customer support is always there to help u with your MINDBODY API integrations for configuring it properly.

Brian N.

Mindbody Does It All

Reviewed on 5/02/2019

Pros

It's a complete software package aimed at the Salon/Health/Fitness industry. It does a lot of unique things that no other software is set up to do. We use MindBody for everything: scheduling, staffing, payroll, credit card processing, creating promo codes, managing our client database, and more. We even have a custom branded app in both the iTunes and Google Play store.

The other amazing thing is that their training and customer support are phenomenal. I've been using them for five years and I have called in numerous times to tech support when I couldn't figure something out. They've always been helpful. They even have a MindBody University that you can attend for even more in depth training, which I am grateful that I attended three years ago.

Cons

It takes a while to set up and learn the terminology. Because it does so much it's not something you can sign up for an implement in one day. I'm five years in and I am still learning how to use it more efficiently to improve my business.

Nichole C.

Shouldn't be as difficult as it is

Reviewed on 18/01/2019

Pros

Adding clients are easy and making purchases in retail are easy. If you aren't a manager/owner and this is all you'll be doing, this is super easy to you.

Cons

Customer service really ruins this product. There are a lot of settings that can completely switch how the product is ran, and before you make a switch usually you want to talk to someone about it. They got rid of their chat, so we instead have to call and wait for a callback, or we have to be on hold for and hour. We recently added ACH to our merchant account, and we were never explained that this was a separate process for each of our locations. We thought we could fill out the paperwork one time for all locations and we would be set. Nope. After over a month trying to get this added, we're still not set up. I've talked to customer service atleast 5 times just in the past week, and they can't manage to fix something simple for me. It's like this pretty much every time there's an issue, impossible to find anyone to help with the problem.

Jay G.

Started off great! But not worth the money!

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Terrible! Very unhappy with the value of their product.

Pros

I like that it allows you to book appointments as it’s supposed to do!

Cons

What I least like about this software is the price. I first started with them when they were smaller and it was affordable. Now it’s astronomical on how much they charge you to have a mediocre software. It’s very complex. Everything additional is an upcharge and they don’t treat you with importance. Now you are just another number that sends them money. Customer service is awful until you are ready to cancel. Then they want to treat you like a million bucks!

Response from MINDBODY

Hi Jay!

Thank you for leaving your feedback about MINDBODY. We are constantly working on improving our software and the experience of using it. We see that you canceled your account with us over a year ago, and since then we've built an integration with Instagram, launched a new online booking engine and acquired technology to bring fitness tracking into the studio.

We'd love to show you what's new, and if you're interested, send us an email at [email protected]

Sally D.

Using MBO as a Training Company that also runs a studio

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

MBO is a company that truly cares and seems to be improving with age. We will continue to use this software with the increased learning opps that are provided for optimum use.

Pros

Everything can be managed in one place with tools applicable to trainings, workshops and studio classes. The HELP menu options are extensive.

Cons

I really appreciate talking to a person or being able to watch a tutorial when I need assistance. Those options are slim.

Gillian alexandria C.

Keeps Improving

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

18 years and I'm still using the product. That's a good track record.

Pros

MindBody keeps improving its software, increasing functionality continually over the years. I've been a customer for 18 years (since it was OmSoft) and before cloud computing existed to consumers. As a database, MindBody makes it easy for customers and staff to interface with it. Mindbody's simplicity on the front end is user-friendly. On the back end, the phone support has been helpful for hundreds of calls.

Cons

MindBody needs to improve it's auto-generated emails--the look (which needs to incorporate more unique preference options) as well as up-sell functionality, so that studio owners like me can more simply funnel new clients into buckets that distinguish them and their purchses so that new specified auto-generated emails can reach them at the right time.

Grant C.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Pretty good

Reviewed on 4/09/2018

Overall enjoy the product. The customer service is good. I noticed the software is mainly designed for yoga studios salons Pilates mostly female oriented business is actually. There's not much representation with the martial art community. But it's all good you guys seem to make up for it. I don't agree with the left-leaning politics of the organization. customer support is a joke. I think we could have much more relevant speakers at the Bold conference who actually contributed to the business world.

Pros

I like the fact that I can manage both my acupuncture as well as my martial art business on the platform. The customer service is good. The monthly billing feature is sufficient and adequate although the fees are a little high.

Cons

I need to work on getting my fees reduced I have purchased a swiper so that all membership billing information will be swiped directly into the computer so it won't be key entered so it will reduce my fees. Hopefully I will see you reduce of fees in the future

Adrienne S.

it does it all

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Pros

If I could pick software to use for my fitness business all over again, I would always choose mindbody. There are a lot of options available but I know that my customer's information is safe, I know I will always be supported with customer service (I've been using this software for 11 years and watched the company grow). There are some functionality things I'd like to see and I know that Mindbody has its customers at the forefront of their development because they are a private company.

Cons

Reporting is a bit finicky and I would like to see mindbody take some time to make reporting more user-friendly. It's hard to figure out the way to back in to finding data I need monthly.

I would like to see a new POS system

Mindbody Business Management review

Reviewed on 30/08/2018

Pros

I like the variety of features. For my appointment based business there is no limit to how many services and products I can enter. Each of my staff have the ability to log in on their own to check/modify their schedule, but I am able to control how many features they are allowed to use. Everything is easy to learn and if I have any difficulties, customer support is always available and usually quick to respond.

Cons

There are unexplained glitches once in awhile. A customer may get an email reminder that has the wrong time. Sometimes a client will not get a confirmation for an appointment, but will get a reminder, so obviously their email is in the system. I believe this is just technology and we rely on it always running perfectly, which it just doesn't. I don't believe any software is going to be foolproof.

Lauren B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

3 year user lookingbto upgrade

Reviewed on 1/03/2018

I think these guys have failed to move with the times and keep up with the market. The new price rise encouraged me to look around and I found many options with more features, easier user and customer interfaces and much better customer service. Our business is an appointment and class based health business and mindbody used to be the only software that could cater to both. There are lots of options now with better features for less money.
Customer service has been extremely dissapointing as well. Long holds, no replays to emails no accountability.

Pros

The app is useful though wry limited. Automatic payments and class passes make life easier but now lots of other softwares are offering this too

Cons

Expensive
Limited
Hard to user at times
Clunky with lots of clicking to get anywhere
The backend is not intuitive at all, after 3 years I still need to google questions to work out how to do things.

There are much better options around

Keira C.

MB for new businesses and pilates

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Overall, it’s essential to run my business and I have not had any hiccups or unhappy customers because of the software.

I wish I had access to all of the features so I could really boast about the greatness!

Pros

It makes my job as an owner/instructor easier. Without it, I’d be spending so much time tracking packages, payroll, payrates for special events and figuring out how to market classes and events to get sign ups.

Cons

I least like that there are multiple tiers of software. I would like accesss to all of the features for an affordable price- perhaps based on our revenue. So many of my colleagues have chosen to leave the software because of the price hikes, so far my software has remained affordable but if I were to be in their shoes- I may not be able to stay either.

Secondly- there are so many added features that do overlapping functions. I’m currently subscribed to Frederick so I won’t upgrade my software tier and I’m unable to use some of the great capabilities of other add-ins like fit+rx.

Erin M.

MindBody Review

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Honestly, we could not live without you, but we also feel frustration with the experience often and wonder if there is something better out there.

Pros

We live in a town that relies heavily on tourism so the ease of visitors finding us through the mindbody app is important to us. I also love I can monitor what the attendance and sales look like each day when I am away from the studio through the owner app. Checking in on iPads is great for our regular customers

Cons

When I open the general app and every other studio in town (we are a pretty small community) comes up and I really have to scroll to find Treetop. The program seems to be glitchy as well. When we do the updates on the iPads, they never seem to run as smoothly even after speaking with the help team. Credit Card fees are way to high.

Momoko T.

Simple and efficient platform for booking services

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

It's a great platform to use for convenient booking because it is also less clustered compared to other brands.

Pros

Ease of use. I like how simple and minimal it is to navigate around the page. I also like how viewing client information is simple by hovering over each card. I also like how easy it is to move or reschedule each booking with no hassle.

Cons

I wish there were more features in the profile editing such as the ability to add concerns that can popup each time before the booking or merging the same accounts instantly. I also dislike the inactive feature that happens automatically after a client has not come into service for a while; this makes our new staff have a hard time locating the already existing profiles and they end up creating a new one, hence more duplication of accounts.

Lisa K.
  • Industry: Music

The best app to use for your company!

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Pros

I love the fact that I can save paper and just login to the Mindbody app to take track of my business clients. This app is definitely the best to use if you're a yoga and/or a piano teacher because we need to constantly take track of our clients and know whether they have canceled or not. This app allows you to schedule clients, and also easily take note if a client cancels late or early. I love this because it helps with financing as we need to keep track of these things in order to figure out how to pay our employees.

Cons

I dislike the overall design of the software. It could be made better by making it less for just "yogi's" and showing that anyone with a small or large business can use it. Make it more corporate!

David N.

User interface is out of date. POS is impossibly clunky, precluding rapid checkout.

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

Scheduling support, and on-line booking access for clients.

Pros

It is pretty comprehensive in what it tries to do, except for a few significant areas.

Cons

In adequate reporting and marketing support in the product. Cumbersome front end and backend user interface. The feel of the software is that it is an outdated database structure that just keeps getting "jerry-rigged" to do more, without maintaining/updating the underlying structure. HR, staffing, especially contracting, are a major part of our business operations and nearly parallels contracting memberships, but MBO does nothing to support this time-consuming and important function. Contracts signed by clients for memberships are not legally valid contracts (e.g., no signature evidence as part of pdf), so they are not honored by credit card disputes.

Chandra M.

We use MindBody for everything, appointments, classes, and retail. Overall, it's excellent.

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

multi-purpose, works well for appointments, classes, and has a retail function.

Pros

There's multiple ways to do almost everything, so it's easy to find workaround options when something goes wrong or isn't well suited to my needs. It takes some time to learn, but once proficient, there is little that can't be done.

Cons

Sometimes it is clunky and not user friendly. It can be difficult to train. My number one complaint, though, is the POS capabilities. We are the only business in our area w/o a chip card reader, and have been waiting for far too long for an update. Our mag strip system is archaic and outdated. I have considered using square instead, as some other users have had success using both, but I don't want to pay for another service when this one would work fine if it were just updated.