5,439 reviews
Daine S.

Websites for beginners

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 29/12/2020

I have made much money off of wix. Using it to establish a rapport with other entertainment services and marketing mediators. I was able to sell products out of my flash store and provide customer support using many of their features that allow me to adept to The ease of convenience.

Pros

I like that wix was easily establish to help beginners grow or build a website with minimal effort and they offer a free month trial. If you’re just starting a business it’s easy to market or endorse your website . They offer analytics and daily and weekly reports. Easy to navigate and edit your templates as well as add gadgets and coding with minimal knowledge of how to code.

Cons

What I like least is that there were crashes and bugs they promised to fix that pretty much are still running the same and crashing nowadays at the same rate.

Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

An easy, intuitive website creation tool for amateurs.

Reviewed on 10/10/2020

Great, intuative way of creating a webpage, which is what we needed in our case. As a small NGO we wish we could have received more support from Wix regarding hosting costs, however, regardless of the pricing, I do believe that this is one of the best products to use without learning how to code.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use WIX to create your website as someone who does not have a background in web-development. The drag and drop system that they use are great and intuitive, it takes less than a week to create a full-fledged website that is easily usable and easily editable. Moreover, it was important in our case that volunteers in our NGO could make easy changes of the website. In other words, that we could transfer the administration to new users flawlessly.

Cons

Firstly, after launching and using it for a year, we realised that the pricing is quite high and it got higher after our first year, which came a bit of a surprise to us. Moreover, by having a simple and easy to use interface, we were missing out on some features. However as the key qualities for us were ease of use, we kept the software regardless of it's cons.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jude M.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Create Design presence with WIX

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 14/09/2020

I wanted to have an economical site in which clients could see my work. WIX provides this without taking the financial obligation. After Covid, I see remote working as being the norm in the apparel industry. Iam seriously considering opting for the premium plan to garner more business. I am impressed with how they continue to evolve the platform and integrate other platforms for a seamless way of working

Pros

I set up my WIX account 5 years ago. While I am in the design field my main focus is on apparel design not web development. I am happy that I do not need to have coding skills to set up my website and have maintained the site with minimal effort. Creating the site from scratch is challenging at first because you have to get accustomed to how the tools work. After, the platform is relatively easy to navigate and easy to update withnew design work. I send clients a link where they can easily navigate the tabs on the site and see the various product categories I design. I am very happy with the overall look and appearance. Now that we are working remotely I am romancing the idea of paying for account vs. for free. When you have a free account you have the WIX banner on your site. WIX also provides you with analytics so you can see how well your site is doing and provides you with both links and services to boost your visibilty.

Cons

I have been using WIX at a minimum without converting to a paying customer, it's been ok to present time but with remote working on the rise I feel I will need to add the premium service. I still haven't ordered since I am comparing which software product will provide the most for money. While $15 doesn't seem a lot, as a freelancer, all the applications I use start to add up.

Briana M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Good enough for business websites that don't require complex builds or functionality

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

For businesses that do not require eCommerce functionality (purchasing goods online), I would say this is a great tool to get a beautiful website up-and-running in little to no time with all of the basic functionality needed to provide a good customer experience. I cannot speak for the eCommerce side as I have not had a client with these requirements but am curious to know how functional their tools are.

Pros

There is no real "onboarding" required for a tool like Wix. You can get a website skeleton stood up within 10 minutes or so, and the process for upgrading to a Premium account is painless. Migrating domains over from other providers (like GoDaddy) was surprisingly simple and was processed much faster than their anticipated wait times. I have built Wix sites for 3 separate clients at this point and have had no major issues to date.

Cons

This tool is not for experienced web developers, or at the very least does not allow them to customize the site properly in terms of proper HTML tagging. The SEO tool is too surface-level to allow for true optimization of the site. For instance I have recently discovered the nav bars across all three of my sites are not properly being picked up and indexed by Google, which is really affecting our SEO. There is no pre-built option for this in Wix and, as I am not a true developer, it will be challenging for me to fix on my own. The other small issue I have is with the number of email addresses that can be included on form submission alerts. Even for a premium account you can only have two people notified when a contact submission comes through, which is aggravating for an org with multiple people that need to be aware.

Aurora G.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Wix is Excellent for Business Websites

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

As a business Wix has helped our business reach more people by offering online bookings and receiving international transactions. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for an easy to use platform.

Pros

Wix has been an excellent platform to host my Health and Wellness business website. I am able to schedule patient bookings, receive payments and even post to my social media. I have been using Wix for almost a year now. I switched from Squarespace because it was more affordable and offered a greater variety of tools for my business website. What I enjoy most about Wix is that it offers so many tools for social media promotion, video creation, business administration and is great for international transactions.

Cons

I would have to say that Wix overall is an excellent platform. But like everything, there are some things I wish they could modify or add to make the experience 100% ! For example, being able to get a hold of a customer service representative to receive assistance when I cannot receive it online is a pain. It's almost impossible to be in contact with a real person. Other than that, I cannot complain. Wix has provided a great product.

Zee G.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

If you need a quick website...

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

I have used Wix to teach students the basics of the website creation and it was a user-friendly product that my students could easily use right away. The websites they have created in three days time were looking good, so I was happy (and the students too) :)

Pros

I have used Wix to help my students create websites for their class projects. Since they didn't have any previous experience with website creation and we were short on time, Wix was a perfect solution due to its extensive template options.

One of the things I have enjoyed the most (along with my students) was the ease of finding a template for their particular businesses (which included hotels, interactive museums, photo studios, fast-food restaurants, and more).

The navigation and the creation process is easy enough, so that was also helpful.

Cons

One of the things that we have discovered mid-way through creating our websites was the bilingual issue. The students' computers mostly used the Russian language for the interface, but the websites they needed to create were in English. However, while most of the editable texts could be easily written in English, there were buttons with text (for example, "Register") that we didn't find a way to translate.

It's not an issue when your website and your computer use the same language, but when you're working in bilingual (or trilingual) environment, this can cause trouble. (Note: some of the buttons *did* auto-translate when we changed the preferred language of the site in the settings, but not all.)

Rebekah K.
Industry: Retail

Buggy and Lagging

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 10/08/2019

Overall, Wix got the job done, but it has been really buggy for me from the beginning. The Editor wouldnt load unless I put it in an incognito page or turned off all my add blockers. Which is fine, but annoying. Trying to get anyone's help took a lot of effort including screen shot after screen shot of the "problems" and typing in every.single.step. you took to get to where you were. This isn't very helpful when I can not screen shot the fact that adding elements to the page would then mess up everything I had done from the beginning and throw my set up all out of order and just explaining it all was difficult. Help would be better if they could Live Watch your screen with you and assist you a little more. I understand some of the features do require paying more, but I already paid to set up a site, it shouldn't have this many bugs while I am trying to make a simple page and move material from the screen either up or down or what have you.

Pros

I love the ability to pic pre-made set ups instead of starting everything from scratch. This made it really easy to follow the formats and navigate setting up a website quickly. However, I am not sure if this option is what is making it so difficult to edit, but there is a lot that kept messing up or became more difficult to figure out.

Cons

I ended up not even using the Mobile View option for my site. Nothing I had would transfer over properly, even worse, every time I would hide an attribute so I could move borders and add more space, the attributes would be thrown into the page randomly and mess up everything I did to move the pieces around in a specific order. There was no room to really view the page closer, the screens set up for "mobile view" editing was really small. I feel like the empty spaces on the side of the page should be a place for you to move your materials around so that you could clearly see what you were working with the whole time. And that the "hidden attributes" were not just thrown back into the page randomly, that you could actually hold and place the information in manually and it not mess up everything you had previously done.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Erik P.
Industry: Music

Great for artists and start-ups

Reviewed on 3/08/2019

I keep coming back to Wix over Squarespace is because the pros outweigh the cons. It’s a lot of work to get things looking and functioning exactly as you want it to, but once it does then I can genuinely say it pays off in the end.

Pros

After years of coding my own sites, I took the plunge into Wix. At first it was to create a quick site for a musical we were producing and we got a deal for starting up. I must admit I was expecting a lot of limitations in design and not enough features to make it worth a full web campaign. I was surprised to find out how well Wix worked on many levels. Design: I have always felt boxed in with templates like Wordpress, but Wix allowed a lot of freedom in creating the look and feel I wanted. SEO: Wix had quickly established itself as a solid and reliable web creation platform that our search rankings were immediately higher than I’ve ever had.

Cons

My biggest dislike is with the mobile layout function and layout. I do like control of what you can see on mobile verses desktop, but I wish there could be more options. Also, because it’s not a dynamic template, you need to create two different layouts (desktop and mobile) which doubles the work time. Some may prefer this, but where it hits me is when you make a change in the desktop, any edits you thought you locked in on the mobile side are lost and you have to spend time making fixes. I wish there was a dynamic option that allowed for just one layout, but I guess that’s why there’s Squarespace.

Jacob B.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Former Web Designer prefers Wix

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Generally it fits my business needs, and I have been very impressed, it pretty much delivers on what it says it can do, which can sometimes be hard to come by in the web application offereings.

Pros

Wix enables almost any user that has experience editing a word document to put up a highly professional website.
Allowing a user to test out the features offered for free to see if it is a good match for them, and offering paid services if the user finds that it is a good match for them.

Cons

The pricing of the apps that can be added is not clear. Additionally if one decides to add one of these paid apps its not real clear what you're getting.
The "AI" web designer does not work that well for those who are looking for customization, it still has a long way to go and was fun to try out but I would say that its a waste of time for now.
The option to hire a wix expert seems to still be in its infancy, its not real clear what the costs would be for having an expert work on your website.
Look at the what the paid users and see what they are using the WIX for, then make a lot of templates for those users, and not what they think is trendy

Industry: Consumer Goods

‘site builder for tomorrow’

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

with the offered features by many hosting companies, mostly which are standard features, any novice can build a good looking website. But not an exceptional one like what is being offered by wix. Wix is in to business, therefore they integrate whatever the improvements in digital communication in order to be ‘special’. You need to experience the difference. After the initial launching with the free version, one need to migrate in to a version which will offer you all the additional features in ecom. With a paid version you can have your own domain that will help you to build your unique custom brand, and run an ad free site. With the paid version you become independent of strings associated with wix campaigns but still enjoy the unique features available in wix platform.
With the returns gained by having an exceptional site, you wouldn’t feel the service is expensive.

Pros

with ‘wix’, websites are not a luxury anymore. Wix has emerged as one of the leading facilitators of digital visual communication platforms by offering ‘start free and pay later’ concept of doing business. Wix is definitely doing a business. But it helps those innovatives who cannot afford the luxury of hosting initially, but can present brilliant productive ideas to the world with digital communication for a kickstart. Wix, certainly is doing a business of milking without hurting the cow. Those who cannot afford hosting initially or even venture on a project on trial basis can grab this concept and then upgrade to paid packages for greater productivity. Wix is not just another hosting business. Its an ecommerce platform. Wix has passed the traditional concepts by integrating future technology in to its platform thereby placing its position ahead of many others. Wix helps others to earn in the ecom world with the latest technology, trends integrated in to their system.
With their ADI (artificial design intelligence), you almost have a ready-built website without any coding knowledge and the Wix editor gives you a free hand to integrate your own innovative ideas and present exceptional websites to communicate your message stunningly to the audience. You can use the Drag & Drop, Online Booking Tools, Online Store Builder, SEO Management, Survey Builder, to name a few and many other productive features to make your site unique and stand above the rest.

Cons

well I wouldn’t say this a real con, but the cost comparison wise, there are many hosting service providers who too offer many ‘easy to build a site’ tools at a lower cost but one need to sacrifice on certain features those are being offered by wix at a higher cost.

Ashley P.
Industry: Insurance

Easy to use, has many great features, and reasonably priced.

Reviewed on 6/09/2018

Overall, I highly recommend this product. There are very few additions/changes that I would suggest. And again, the price is more than reasonable.

Pros

Clean and user friendly interface for building from scratch or editing templates.
Tons and tons of available options to choose from. (Colors, fonts, menus, etc.) Our websites don't look cookie cutter, they look custom built.
Connecting your own domain is super easy! It takes only a few minutes and is up and working immediately.
Access to all the features during building. Basically we can use all of the features (even if we have to upgrade to premium to use them live) so that I can be sure that we really do want to pay for those features.
On eCommerce site we can sell physical items and digital files.
Ability to make eCommerce site a members only site.
Forms are easy to use. (They could be improved a little. See Cons section.)
Can edit the mobile site and the desktop site independently of each other without edits on one being applied to the other.
Prices are very reasonable.
Overall, Wix has taken a massive amount of work off my shoulders and still produces high quality, custom looking websites.

Cons

Google ad vouchers are a little misleading. They only apply to new Google Ads users. So we purchased an upgrade mainly to get the ad voucher and then read the fine print that said we couldn't use it because we have an existing account.
Better options for reserving/booking. We rent out display items and really need a calendar that is accessible to users of our website so they can see when display items are available in their area and when they are checked out.
Better options for customizing auto emails to those that place orders. The majority of the email is not editable and doesn't really fit our needs.
More customization and ability to copy and paste forms. I built out a form and realized I had put it on the wrong page of the site. I was not able to move it from the current page to the correct page. I had to delete it and rebuild it on the correct page. I would also like to be able to store the forms so that I can use them on other sites rather than having to rebuild each time.

Christina H.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Wix Functionality & Features Review

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

Overall, Wix really is a great platform. It is user friendly, it has great functionality, and also provides multiple services within each bundle they sell. However, I would like to see Wix update a little bit further into the current web design era we're in. Offer features that work in a social media run web world!

Pros

There are a few things that I really love about Wix. One being that it is very user friendly. Functionality with any program usually gets my biggest critique. It doesn't take long while using wix to know that it is a very functional web designing site with many widgets that help you along the way. The newest update to Wix sites has also brought some wonderful new features that have been much needed. Now, you website design can be easily made and with a polished look that most people pay big money for.

Cons

There isn't too much that I don't like about Wix but the things that I don't like I feel are of hug importance. The mobile editing tool. The mobile editing tool still lacks in functionality and versatility. There's still so much you're unable to customize within the mobile editing that it can end up making your website on your phone look less than professional. A lot of things that are easily customized on the desktop editing are not availing for customizing in the mobile editing leading to a lot of frustration.
The design on different computers. The designs on Wix never look the same on every computer. Some design pieces are missing, the design doesn't fit the screen right etc. I think if they could figure out how to make a design look right on every computer screen this would help keep that polished look for everyone.
Social Sharing. There are no sharing buttons on Wix for visitors to share on social sites. There are only link to the social media sites. Something like a calendar or a list should have the option to add a share button so that visitors can easily share what their reading, buying, or booking to their social sites so that others can join in.

Josh S.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Get up and running with a professional looking website in not time at all and with little knowledge

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

I needed a website that would give the more advance user plenty of options and the more novice users the ability to still work on their portion of the site. Wix offers that. I could not be more pleased with wix

Pros

There are not enough words to be able to affectingly describe how much I love wix and their website building platform. Being someone who is a designing and uses many Adobe design software, I feel very at home with Wix website editor. Everything is laid right there in front of you and there are very few page limitations. You can drag and drop elements, put text or pictures where you want to, then edit there look with the built in tools. How you see it is what you get.

You can even check what it will look like on a mobile phone and edit that separately from your desktop website. So if there is an element that works on a desktop browser but not a mobile phone, not worries, just hide it from the mobile version.

There are a nice supply of free app or add on option that Wix supplies for free but there are also some great third party apps that you can add to your plan if you are needing something more.

And if not of those options work, there is also the option for coding your own.

Cons

My only current complaint with Wix is the lack of ability of giving a team member access to only edit a certain part of the website. It would be nice to be able to give someone access only to their portion of the website to edit instead of the whole website site. There are too many people that I worry will mess up something larger by accident if they have access to the whole site so I end up having to do it all myself.

Lacey N.

Perfect for DIY websites

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

Easy DIY websites
Assistance with SEO
Info on ways to improve the site with their weekly newsletter
Advanced functions

Pros

Wix makes website building easy. I've built several websites on this platform and always get great results. There are hundreds of templates to choose from and they are easy to customize. I also love that Wix keeps up with trends and sends helpful hints via email when new options become available. They seem to be ahead of the curve.

They've recently introduced a different way to build a website. Instead of picking the template and customizing, the software asks questions about the web page and company, establishes your preferences in color and style - then builds the website for you. It's revolutionary and I love the results. My clients have all loved this new option and it saves me a ton of time. This option is easy to customize too and the layouts the software picks are very modern.

I also love all the add ons you can put on the website. I use the social feeds, blogging, event registration forms, and photo gallery add ons frequently.

Cons

My only real criticism of Wix is that many of the add-ons offer basic functions, however in order to get true functionality you have to pay for the add-on. I've encountered this a lot in the event registrations, forms, booking, and social feeds. I often find myself rethinking putting add ons on the website because the free version almost never has all the functions I need.

I understand Wix is a business however and needs to find additional sources of revenue.

Carlos benjamin G.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Easy But Lack of Posibilities

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

It is Easy and Great, But you need to configure the Email servers in order to function correctly, also, it creates a new dependency, if Wix Server is down, your email is Down, is your email server is down, your email is down.

It Costs, but it is ok.

Pros

It is Extremely Easy to Create your Web Page There, Just a Few clicks and done, You have a Nice Designed Web Page, Great for Beginners and people that doesnt know nothing about how to create the Web Page.

Cons

It Lacks of a lot of functionalities, so you are stucked on what they have for you, you cannot do new stuff or creative stuff more in deepth, Also it costs, so it is not good for experienced people, as they should be using Word PRess instead.

Lauren H.
Industry: Media Production

Freedom In Wix

Reviewed on 17/04/2020

I think it's a great starting software for those making their website for the first time and truly guides it users through the process. It also carries the capacity to reach further with a paid subscription that's well within its worth.

Pros

Our company was looking for free software that could really express the presence of our brand during our development stage. That's when I came across Wix. Its free access really alleviated the pressure of finding a good site that would require a monthly payment. With that, my favorite aspect of Wix is the lengthy package it provides with the design and how easy it is to snap the elements, you're looking for, into place.

Cons

I do wish that the software would give more freedom and length to the design boundaries. Sometimes there will be a lot of margin space left outside of the layout boxes. It is free software, but something as minor as that will make a difference.

Lissa Y.
Industry: Hospitality

So easy to use!

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

I have saved so much time administering, editing my website with Wix. So easy to use and everything on the platform is easy to find. I just upgraded to a different level so I have even more features available to me now.

Pros

The software is very easy to use to set up a website. Many levels for different site and user needs. It is very intuitive. Wix customer service is excellent and very responsive. Lots of apps to add to your site to truly customize for your use.

Cons

Not about the software, but I wish Wix had direct lines to tech support. You have to go online and either submit a ticket and get answers/issues handled via email, or request a callback. (Callbacks come fairly quickly.) But you have to go through this drill down checklist to identify your problem before you can get a support ticket or request the call back. Sometimes I have multiple questions that don't fit their tech support screening.

Christina A.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Love this website builder!

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

I'm creating a website for my clients landscaping and tree services business, and Wix is making it very easy for me to achieve what I want without having to learn coding. I like wix better than others I've tried, and I've tried almost every one I could find online.

Pros

Wix is great for building websites with no experience and no coding skills. They have about 60 pre made templates in tons of categories, they also have an AI website builder that you can edit and change later in the editor.
There is a nice selection of content boxes already laid out, so all you have to do is drag and drop them where you want. They have a good selection of icons and vector art, stock photos and cool videos.

Cons

I don't like how you have to pay to use a stock photo from shutterstock on Wix, they have the best photos. I'm not too fond kf the wix editor when adding a whole new page, because they don't let you add a pre laid page like other builders do. You have to add a blank page and add all your own sections and match sizes of elements which isn't for me since I don't have much experience in web building yet. The AI editor has pre made page templates, for instance I need a services page, I found about 7 in AI editor but I can't use them since I didn't start building my site with AI. I hope they change this in the near future.

Michael S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Wix is great for beginners and advanced users

Reviewed on 19/01/2020

Easiest to replicate, and launch new businesses and get clients onboarded. Also great for agencies who create websites on behalf of clients. The templates can all be adjusted, and easy to customzie quickly. Then give clients control.

Pros

Very easy to use for newbies, and for power users Wix can help you launch websites quickly. It is an excellent alternative to Wordpress which is too technical for most newbies. I would recommend this for someone who has a small budget to build their own website as long as they are comfortable on a computer this quite intuitve to launch and maintain a new website.

Cons

Pricing has increase recently making it less favorable. When Wix first came out you wouldn't see many upsells. Now the whole services has upsells built into it.

Thelma H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

My thoughts on Wix

Reviewed on 25/06/2019

Over-all I have had a positive experience as a user of Wix. I would be willing to suggest the use of it to someone else.

Pros

I have created many websites from various companies over the years and Wix is one of my favorites. I created my site without the assistance of the website assistance that of course has a fee. In some respects, I wish that I had done so because it would have eliminated the extra stress of formatting and logistics that were needed for my site. I am still learning and trying to make the website more user-friendly. It is not because of Wix that I have not fully accomplished that goal. It is solely based on my own indecision in the direction of my projected desired results.

Cons

I am having issues with exporting of data. I Tried on several attempts to move some of my most important information from another website and wasn't able to do it. SEO is still a bit tricky for me but I have to say that the techs have been great with helping to work out the kinks. My biggest challenge has been trying to restructure pages once they have been created. Navigation is a bit difficult for users which is very frustrating. I am not sure if it is due to the template that I chose or glitz in the formation of the site it's self. I would also like to add widgets the way I could do on other platforms. Last, I still am having issues linking my social media accounts with the widgets provided by Wix.

Glen H.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Easy Web Design and Web Page for Less!

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Our church needed a webpage that would look professional without paying thousands of dollars. We now have one that looks like a million bucks for only a few dollars a month!

Pros

The Wix platform is so simple and easy to use. Designing a webpage is a snap with Wix! The approach is WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) and is a easy as click and drag. And the results are professional and gorgeous!

Cons

There are no cons to the WiX platform! The approach is so user friendly and easy to use that you can't fail!

Debbie F.

Steady But Slow

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

Slow download speeds aside, however, I’ve been pleased overall with Wix. They’ve allowed me to create a relatively inexpensive but professional website, which in turn helps me make a positive impression on potential clients. I’m quite fussy about my website details (probably thanks to my graphic designer mom), so I appreciate the ability to start with a template but then dive deep and tweak every last thing. Overall, I really like my website...and am actually quite proud of it!

Pros

Templates, templates and more templates! If you are willing to be flexible with the specific details of your finished website, the templates that Wix offers are easy to customize and look far more professional than what the average person would piece together on his/her own.

Cons

The time it takes for the website to load seems SUPER slow. I don’t have very many photos (and no videos at all) on my site, and it still takes several seconds to completely load. It doesn’t seem to matter what decide, either...iPhone, laptop or desktop. Download times of 5-10 seconds are not ideal for grabbing potential customers’ attention right away.

Huong T.
Industry: Entertainment

Wix can be the first step to anyone's creative career

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

It was more than awesome! Again, Wix has helped me with first steps transforming from a print designer to a web designer/developer, and I'm pretty thankful that I have found a tool that brought me the interest of development. 10/10, highly recommend for people who needs a quick but beautiful website without coding knowledge.

Pros

Simple, easy to use and powerful. I didn't know what coding is but I needed a builder to help me with building a porfolio website and I found Wix. It helped me to build an impressive website with all the magic animation (if you're creative you can do so much!) All the drag-n-drop function makes websites fun and even a 5th grader can create his own site. Wix has templates but it's way more fun to customize your own and make it unique. The cost to host it with Wix and have a domain isn't terrible either. Best fit for personal portfolio or young entrepreneurs didn't have a fund to hire web developers.

P/S: I was a designer at the moment I found WIX, but it made me become more interested in Website, eventually I learn more about programming and languages, and grow out of Wix, but Wix sure was the first wonderful step in my career transitioning (I'm now a web designer/developer)

Cons

It was absolutely perfect for me when I didn't know any coding/programming. You can pay a little to get rid of the little Wix text at the bottom but the free version isn't the worst. But once you have knowledge about backend, Wix can be a bit limited (as to the functions and customization)

Stiffani R.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Create professional websites without programming!

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

I have used this application for the creation of informative websites of small companies, as well as virtual stores, in a simple way and in a short time.

Pros

Wix is ​​a really wonderful tool, which allows you to create professional websites without having programming knowledge. This is one of the aspects that I like the most, because in this way it is accessible to any person, and for people who already have experience in the development of web sites, it makes the work even easier.
On the other hand offers a wide variety of templates with different themes, colors and styles, among which you can choose, saving the need to design your website from scratch, coupled with the fact that employs the latest in technology such as html5, in addition to have a responsive design, so that it adapts to the different screen sizes of the devices of the users that access the site, ensuring the correct and pleasant visualization of the site in each of them.
It also offers a domain to store your website, although if you want to host it in an external domain it is also possible.
It also provides newsletter services allowing you to send news and information of interest to the different users from your account.
Finally one of the most remarkable aspects is that it incorporates SEO tools, so that in addition to allowing the design and development of a website, it offers the possibility of positioning it in the search engines so that its content is shown to users with priority over other websites.

Cons

Although it is a great tool, as expected the free version is limited and shows a lot of publicity which can be annoying for users. Likewise, there will always be a dependence on the platform, and in case of requiring an extension or changes to the website, it should be evaluated if the wix platform allows them to be made, otherwise it will be necessary to opt for another platform or develop a website Independent.

Erica Y.
Industry: Arts & Crafts
Company size: Self Employed

Dislike some of the new changes but overall decent software

Reviewed on 4/01/2020

Overall Wix is ok. I love the design of my website and how easy it is TO DESIGN it any way you want to but businesswise, the cost of my website vs its return is not great. I do much more business through groups on facebook unfortunately. I also dislike many of the new changes that have been implemented since i first started using it

Pros

Its easy to design and customize a website to look exactly how you want it to without knowing anything about html code or graphic design etc. Wix is also fairly user friendly in general and has a fair amount of features

Cons

Since switching photo programs I have been unable to use the photo portion of my site on my mac. There is now an app for smartphones to manage your website but the app does not allow you to actually edit your site, upload videos or change things around. Setting up SEO stuff for google so your website actually shows up on search engines is also a big pain.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10