ProProfs Quiz Maker Reviews

4.5/5 (38 reviews)
Ron H.

Straight Forward, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 11/07/2019

I use ProProfs along with another quiz maker service that is a direct competitor. For quick and easy quizzes that use True/False and multiple choices, it's hard to beat ProProfs in terms of its ease of use. The competitor that I used for complex quizzes that also employ custom, results-based instruction for further training, is much more cumbersome to navigate and create in. It was a service that had to be learned through trial and error and reading knowledge base articles on how to do certain things. With ProProfs, you can jump right in and start generating stuff without feeling overwhelmed or lost. It's also be an extremely reliable service with extremely, minimal downtime.

Pros

ProProfs makes it quick to setup graded quizzes that result in a customization certificate. Pretty much any person can setup an account and start generating quizzes (and more) without having to decipher complex coding or a myriad of complex menu options.

Cons

Some recent UI updates have slowed down the process of generating quizzes. By default, a question isn't marked as being required. Before recent UI changes, marking a question as required was a simply checkbox clearly visible when editing a question. Now, you have to expand the "Advanced" menu on the question and tick the required box. It's nit-picky, but that simple UI change grates on me when I'm created a long training quiz. It's unnecessarily adding time to the process. A clearly visible check box that isn't hidden would be so much better.

It'd be nice to either have all the questions just flagged required by default--only unchecking the ones that you don't want to force a response on. I'd have to guess that more often than not, people prefer to have required questions on a quiz. Again, it's nit-picky and a small annoyance in an otherwise great product.

It would also be nice to be able to provide matrix style checkbox questions.

John M.

ProProfs is one of the most professional educational testing companies.

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

Seeing my students making higher scores on quizzes, tests, examinations, and laboratory reports. Every attempt they took and watching their faces light up as grades improved. Parents were more than pleased to see their children make huge improvements in my science classes.

Pros

Flexible in designing quizzes and tests in so many different formats. As a science teacher I like having so many ways to develop my curriculum. The ease of students taking quizzes/tests on so many platforms; cell phones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.

Glenn B.

Fantastic Platform - developed with great care and the customer in mind.

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

Pros

Very easy to set up and deploy what I was looking for. Stand out - flash cards and ease with which I can write exam questions

Cons

there are still some minor glitches and features that could be improved upon.

Tags - create a type ahead library so that I'm not writing the same tags time and again
Picture Library, I use the same picture in many pieces of my work, why not create a library I can pic from after I've uploaded it.

Often I have saved an edited version of a question and the save eliminates tags or does not save my changes at all.

Pictures are difficult to work with.

5.0/10

Excellent product for training verification

Reviewed on 21/02/2018

Automation of workplace training verification records

Pros

Ability to customize quizzes (training verification) for particular job roles and organizational segments.

The reports are very useful along with the ability to export data to excel promotes ease of use for sorting and cross verification.

Ability to send links via e-mail allows users to complete training verification at their own workstation.

Paul C.

Best testing site with lots of options

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

Pros

I like being able to download an Excel file that I can upload into my online grade book. I also like the question analysis. I also like being able to set the number of times a student can attempt to take a test and being able to set a specific time when the test is available. I also like being able to compose a test offline and upload it to the site

Cons

I wish I could add a video to a question. I wish there was a way to sort out responses by class . . .

Brenda S.

We are very pleased with our experience with ProProfs. It is user friendly and very few problems.

Reviewed on 25/10/2017

Our exams are user friendly for everyone, the exam taker and the administrator of the exam. Able to go back and review each exam as needed to assist the exam taker in understanding a concelpt.

Pros

Love the reports from each exam, and the overall statistics are great for analyzing where changes need to be made. Appreciate the complete control over the exams. Inputing and changing questions are done quickly and with ease. Also the support staff is always good to help me solve a problem or concern.

Katie R.

Great customer service

Reviewed on 10/07/2019

Since I began using this software the customer service has been great. I am able to ask questions right from the page I'm having trouble with and typically get an answer right away. Every time I send in a survey, the issues I comment on get fixed and a follow up email is sent to me. This company has GREAT customer service.

Pros

The templates make it so easy to upload your information.

Cons

I can't save my settings so each time I upload a new set of questions I have to go through and redo all the settings every time.

Rehman R.

I find it easy to use for creating variety of quizzes. It has simplified my work a lot.

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Pros

Proprofs quiz maker is the best tool to create quizzes.You can make any type of quizzes be it personality, fun, fashion or survey easily and quickly. It has several predefined template for every type of quiz whether you want to create MCQ's or elaborative quizzes.

Cons

I wish they would have extended the trial more than 15 days it would be at least one month. Navigation of the tool could have been better

Brenda S.

Very complete results.

Reviewed on 3/12/2018

Our overall experience with Proprofs has been very smooth. We manage two exams and the ease of doing that is appreciated.

Pros

The ease of developing and editing the exams. The stats available are extremely helpful.

Cons

Nothing really, there is always assistance if I need it.

Tyler V.

Easy Made Exam with Expert Feedback

Reviewed on 16/03/2019

It is a great piece of software worth trying at the 6th grade level and up.

Pros

-Setup is intuitive
-Creating exams are easy with many different options
-Feedback data is ideal for what you want to find (learning what students dont know)

Cons

-Expensive unless a school or district are paying for it.
-Free trial is too limited

7.0/10
Robert C.

As a middle school teacher, so far I enjoy the options and ease of use of the software.

Reviewed on 21/07/2017

It allows me to grade simple multiple choice exams much faster and organize them based on "groups". Also, it allows me to implement it with other products, such as Google Classroom, and go entirely paperless for my school year.

Pros

Easy to use. Great for large numbers of students. I like to ability to be able to create a large number of "groups". This is extremely important for me.

Cons

It is expensive. I would not mind paying one time fee for the software, however, paying that price yearly is quite expensive for a teacher.

7.0/10
Robert W.

ProProfs is the easiest assessment software in the market

Reviewed on 8/06/2018

It has simplified the act of setting quizzes that we offer during the orientation of new employees and in induction training

Pros

There is free trial of the product for enhancing the customer know how of the product
The price is favorably low making it affordable to lots of people

Cons

In case of an area that has a slow internet connection using the challenge becomes a problem thereby limiting its usage to be exclusive in some areas alone

Ivan F.

Energy quiz

Reviewed on 8/03/2017

Pros

Easy setup of quiz, lots of features and options. The possibility of adding explanation text to a question is a special bonus.

Cons

Can't be saved on my laptop, always need Internet access. Users with limited bandwidth have slow access

Jeremy T.

Quizzes for fun

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

I had a wonderful experience with ProProfs Quiz Maker. I am a gamer and have been creating fun gaming quizzes for Facebook that have helped me assess the level of knowledge people have about games. It is also an easier way to garner leads.

Pros

Fun quizzes in minutes
Visually appealing quizzes
Easily accessible
Leaderboard for comparison
Easy lead generation

Cons

There’s nothing that I didn’t like. It is an amazing tool for creating quizzes.

Rufus P.

ProProfs Quiz Maker Review

Reviewed on 3/12/2018

Saves a lot of time not having to grade test

Pros

The ease of creating quiz and generating reports

Cons

There is no evidence that the software is validated. I had to validate the software myself.

Efraim elias V.

Proprofs its a great tool for continuous evaluation of your students

Reviewed on 23/05/2018

When I start using this tool i never corrected a quiz again or expend papper

Pros

I like they have a free trial and its a very easy app to use. I also love I dont have to correct each quiz I made so I have more time for me

Cons

Some students dont have acces to intenet or resist to use the platform so first you hace to teach them how to use it

Janelle G.

Easy to use. I can customize it just how I want it. Great customer service

Reviewed on 21/02/2018

Pros

It's easy to make questions and customize the quizzes. I can add videos, pictures, and links to the front page. Comes with certificates of completion. The reports are wonderful.

Cons

It doesn't bother me, but maybe if you wanted the look super customized to your organization. I don't know if it does that.

Karl K.

well thought out learning and assessment tools

Reviewed on 26/06/2017

Pros

Ease of use, variety of interactive choices for student to use, both formative and summative can practice or take quizzes and tests,

Cons

not a complete data base of questions. can't combine questions by simple selection, can't migrate data into crossword puzzles

Asistente T.

Good Experience

Reviewed on 10/08/2017

Pros

Because i can make a Quiz, and i can evaluate to my students out of class in your homes not in class

Cons

Nothing i like the software is very interesting and good. The Reports is good and easy to use and download

Atif O.

Rating only

Reviewed on 17/08/2018

5.0/10
Harry D.

Quick, easy and affordable!

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

ProProfs was a great tool for us to move our induction assessments online with minimum fuss.

Pros

You can build a high-quality quiz and/or assessment in a short space of time.

Cons

The customer service was good, yet they were not speedy in their response.

Mukesh K.

Rating only

Reviewed on 18/04/2017

Mylene N.

Ver useful

Reviewed on 7/03/2017

This app is very useful for educators because you can track the scores. I hoghly recommend this app for those who are beginners in making online quiz that they can use for the class

Wendy N.

Great Platform for online quizzes

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Pros

There are over 100,000 readymade quizzes and assessments that you can customize. You can set your quizzes to public or private, you can also just give the link to those who need access to your quiz. I like that I am not limited in the number of quizzes I am allowed to make. The analytics can also give a wide variety of data that can be custmized

Cons

This is a paid online quiz builder application, you will pay after your 7 day free trial adds. Not really liking the social apps that are on the screen.

Lisa E.

It's as though the developers thought of everything you wanted in a Quiz making program.

Reviewed on 21/02/2018

Pros

Easy to use. Many features and options. Like the appearance. Customer service responds quickly and very helpful.