GoCodes Asset Management

No more lost and stolen tools.

4.3 /5 (180 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
Joshua K.
Industry: Retail

Great for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Prior to using GoCodes, I attached pre-printed numeric SKUs to my inventory. This was an issue for times when my business received a high volume of orders in one day because some numbers look alike and can be confusing. GoCodes has simplified everything by using QR technology.

Pros

GoCodes makes tracking inventory super easy by assigning a unique QR-code to each item. This helps my business particularly in making sure that we are not picking and shipping wrong items for our orders.

Cons

Overall, I am disappointed that the lowest priced plan includes only 200 allowed SKUs. If you want to go to the next package which allows for 500 SKUs, you’ll pay three times the monthly rate of the base plan.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Joshua, thanks for your review. We're glad to hear that you think GoCodes is great for small businesses. On the topic of price, you are correct but also bear in mind that competing systems often cost 2-3x more than GoCodes and provide very little of any additional value for most customers.

Sam F.

Excellent inventory system

Reviewed on 8/07/2019

We needed to keep track of teaching resources that were being distributed across 13 communities. This tool was very helpful in keeping track of exactly what was allocated to each location, and thus helpful later on when we double checked the inventory and then did some reallocation. Rather than going through a list of items and checking each one off as you find it, we could simply scan everything , modify a field (status or notes), and then filter on the website to see if anything was missed. Super simple and it saved a lot of time.

Pros

• The app. Its simple and yet does everything I want. I can easily do inventory in bulk and update everything at once. Changing only one field will make sure everything else stays the same

• The website filters. As long as your assets are properly named and consistent, the filters on the website make it super simple to filter exactly what you want.

Cons

• The website. It has definitely improved with the recent update that keeps your field settings between logins. What I'd like to see though (and maybe I'm just missing something) is a way to bulk update asset info on the website. The quickest method is to have the website open, filter for what I want, and then go down the left side and click on the QR code icon next to each line while my phone is pointing at the screen to capture it. While its a decent work around, it would be nice to just select a bunch of items and update them, all from within the website.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Sam, thanks for the positive review. You make a good suggestion regarding making multiple updates at once and we will look to implement a more efficient approach in our next upgrade cycle.

Goran G.

Great beginning software

Reviewed on 22/08/2018

Overall I am happy with GoCodes, it has made it much easier to know where everything is and what we have which has led to a decrease in unnecessary buying of things we already own. This has led to a decrease in the amount of storage space needed at the shop.
There could be minor improvements as I mentioned above, and there should be an option to add more assets without upgrading the account to a much higher paid bracket with extra features. For our purposes the basic version works great but we are getting close to our Asset allowance. Id like to see asset increment upgrades available at a fair cost to the consumer.

Pros

Quick loading time when entering bar codes. Easy to use and enter data on the app. Reports available on the website to easily see the "big picture" of where everything is located.

Cons

- Scrolling down to find an empty asset in order to create a new item. I wish there was a button to open a new Asset form to start filling out.
-Sometimes when searching for a bar code, it shows other results of equipment containing the same numbers.
- Reports on Excel show too many fields, most of which are not in use for my purposes and it can't be set to not show them when opening the reports so they must be manually deleted.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Goran, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. You provided some great comments and suggestions.

For adding new assets, we will look at adding a button to update the first available blank asset.

For searching, did you know you can also filter on multiple columns to get the desired list.

For reports, you can use the Grid View to create a custom view with just the columns you need in the order you want and then download in Excel.

We would be happy to help you with these tasks by phone or email [email protected]

Karen E.
Industry: Education Management

Protect your assets by tracking

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Very good. Very thorough. It’s a great til to help you keep track of the so many parts of a world of assets.

Pros

Ease of set up and support. We misunderstood a few things at the beginning but support was so helpful in helping us. Great customer service.

Cons

For our purposes we needed some additional equipment to erect it’s use. But we operated fine manually with this until we set up an electronic process.

Response from GoCodes

Hi Karen, thanks for your review.. We were a bit confused about your overall rating vs. likelihood to recommend? If you can explain further we would be pleased to assist you.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Jackie K.

GoCodes Review

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

IWe have had a good experience with GoCodes, it seems very easy to use from both the mobile and web platforms.

Pros

I like the ability to print our asset list by location so we can always have our foreman verify the assets on their job.

Cons

I think there are too many options to list for each asset, it should be kept more simple.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Jackie, thanks for the great feedback. I wanted to let you know that you can remove the asset options by hiding unused datafields. Let us know if you need assistance with setting that up.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Frank L.

GO CODES almost there

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Overall, Go Codes is a much better system then our homemade inventory practices

Pros

We needed an easier way to track our inventory and GO Codes works great in that way. With the ability to scan tags and to add custom fields, Go Codes is a great value.

Cons

Being a school district we often have large quantities of equipment arriving at once. It's a little clumsy to maneuver while scanning large numbers of devices. I have a great vendor who sends me a list of serial numbers and inventory numbers so we can just add them without scanning. I would LOVE to be able to import all these but it can only be done by Go Codes doing it for a $$$. This is a major deal for me. Adding the ability for customers to upload into the system is a must for me.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Frank, thanks for your review. Our product team is looking at ways to make it easier and safer for customers to upload bulk data. To date we have provided this as a service as small user errors can easily result in data corruption and loss.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kelly H.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Tool to have

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

we have yet to lose any equipment with GoCodes, the reporting is very easy, just overall a great piece to add to your company's arsenal..

Pros

the ease of usage, very user friendly and customization was what I think the selling point for us.

Cons

so far I have not found any part that I do not like

Response from GoCodes

Glad to hear that you think GoCodes is a great tool to have, and that you specifically like the ease of use and customization features.

Russ D.
Industry: Facilities Services
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

App functions great for our purposes

Reviewed on 24/08/2018

Positive

Pros

Printing Reports is easy and customizable.

Cons

No alerts are sent for follow up items.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Russ, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes and glad to hear that it's working out great.

It sounds like you may need help setting up the future service alert feature. We would be happy to help you with this or you can check the knowledge base for assistance.

Jen F.
Industry: Banking

Great for track of peripherals

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

We were looking for an easy way to keep track of hundreds of printers, scanners, monitors, and other equipment that isn't connected using the network. Go Codes stood out to us as offering great pricing, an easy to use interface, and flexibility in designing our ID tags. We looked at other companies offering similar solutions, but it was the simple deployment that sold me and my team on Go Codes.
Our sales representative was easy to get a hold of and quick to respond with any pre-sales questions or concerns. Post deployment support is reliable and also fast to reply with any questions on of the staff may have.
I would recommend Go Codes for any company looking for an easy to use asset tag and inventory tracking solution.

Pros

Easy to get started tagging and tracking. Branding and customizing of asset tags.

Cons

Certain fields within the item description are vague, and it would be nice to have more control over customizing our fields.

Yi-hsun L.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Inventory tracking in ease

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

We utilize the system to track all the IT inventory. The barcode scanning is fairly handy and easy to use. The ability to tack the check in/out history and pull reports is important to us and it works extremely well,

Pros

Friendly UI
Mobile Friendly
Flexible and customizable
Great customer support

Cons

Gocodes is a great fit for smaller companies and the price is affordable. The only con could be the durability of the barcode sticker

Response from GoCodes

Wonderful to hear that you love GoCodes! Did you know that you can order tough metal and metal foil labels that can handle just about any project application? If you want more information just email sales at [email protected]

Michelle G.

Sticker Issue

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Pros

It is a good way to track tools and things like iPhones, iPads, and other devices.

Cons

Only issue I've had is stickers sent to us that we already have in our system and assigned to an item already. This is very frustrating when in a hurry.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Michelle, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. We're sorry to hear that you have had an issue with assets already being assigned. The only way that can happen is if another user did the change. You can look that up in the history log and work from there to see how it's happening. If you need additional assistance, please contact out support team at [email protected]

Lyndon P.

GoCodes is User Friendly once set up properly

Reviewed on 9/07/2019

GoCodes has been very useful on keeping track of all our equipment and who is using what devices.

Pros

Once it was set up properly, it was easy to use.

Cons

Set up was a little frustrating because we had a different inventory system. Also, the search feature still needs to be improved. Monthly emails should be sent out reminding of any beneficial tutorials on using the system from basic to advanced.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Lyndon, thanks for great review of GoCodes. I think it's a great idea to include more product tips and tutorials in our period product email communications.

Jordan W.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

GoCodes has simplified our monthly fire extinguisher and ladder inspection process.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 19/10/2017

Pros

I use GoCodes to conveniently track periodic inspections for safety equipment such as fire extinguishers on construction sites all over the US. My team and I am are exposed to some extreme environments. We no longer have to carry a clipboard with pages of inspection forms that blow away in the wind, become rain soaked, become illegible, or could get dropped from atop of a high structure. With GoCodes everything I need to document my inspection in on my iPhone making my job safer and easier.

Cons

We use GoCodes for periodic ladder and fire extinguisher inspections each items have different inspection criteria's. When I scan a fire extinguishers I have to scroll through all of the drop down boxes and to find all of the fire extinguisher criteria options I need to check off. It would be convenient if only options pertaining to fire extinguishers would show up on the app when I scan a fire extinguisher code.

Response from GoCodes

Hi Jordan, I'm so pleased to hear that GoCodes is helping your company in such a significant way! I will take your feedback regard the ability to only see information pertaining to fire extinguishers back to the product team to see if we can provide suggestions or make an enhancement.

Gillian A.

Good product

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

We are using this product for tracking tools and it was exactly what we were looking for. When I had difficulty understanding some of the set up, I got immediate assistance, even though I am on the smallest program. Support and ease of use are both excellent

Pros

Many of the products we looked at had multiple features we did not need. We were able to select the product that was best suited for our needs without having to pay for features we did not require.

Cons

It would be nice to get more codes without having to go to a monthly billing situation, due to our limited use of the product.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Gillian, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. We're pleased to hear you rated us 10/10!

Justin W.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

It works!

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

We have a lot of employees and a lot of equipment, but with GoCodes it’s easy!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to manage our inventory!

Cons

Nothing! It’s up to date and easy! Thanks for your hard work

Response from GoCodes

Hello Justin, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use!

John L.
Industry: Biotechnology

Lacks necessary functionality and requires technological improvements

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

Pros

The bar code scanning feature and mobile app.

Cons

1. Can't attach documents (the alternative suggestion of using links is not a valid solution and puts the work back on the End User).
2. Camera function needs serious improvement (pics are highly pixelated and the auto crop function does not work well requiring several pictures to be taken to get it right.

Response from GoCodes

Hello John, sorry to hear that GoCodes is not meeting your expectations, specifically for being able to attach documents to assets, picture resolution and editing. I will pass this great feedback to our product development team so we can assess what improvements can be made.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Lee B.

Helps us with inspections and keeping up with materials

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Pros

Easy to use product. Very good tool to have out in the field. Doesn't take up a lot of space and we are able to keep track of everything on the computer.

Cons

I want to be able to have different columns for different types of material. For example. Inspection of some tools need a lot of columns but I don't need the same columns to inspect a hammer.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Lee,

Thanks for providing this review. Did you know that you can link an asset to a Google Docs form that can be an inspection sheet that's specific for each item. That way you can address inspecting hammers with a short list of checks and more complex tools with a longer one. There's an article on how to do this here: https://www.gocodes.com/using-gocodes-to-track-equipment-service-tasks-using-google-docs

GoCodes.

Lee S.
Industry: Construction

Best way to track your Equipment

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

Pros

What is great about GoCodes is that you can look up any piece of equipment and see who has used the equipment and where it is located at last scan.

Cons

Con is its only as good as the employees using it, or really not using it.

Response from GoCodes

Hi Lee, thanks for your review and for rating GoCodes 9/10 to recommend to others.

Chris L.
Industry: Warehousing

Simple and worth every penny

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

Our Rentals department was able to go paperless for their drivers and we were able to add E-sign software which the drivers love as they only need their tablets for deliveries and picks up and the office receives the paper work almost instantly.

Pros

I love the ease of use to set up and the support i received. I am the only IT person for my company and it was hard for me to stay focused on this project very long as more critical things were going on. The support team gave us a product package that fit my company and gave us some time to get testing it fully and we liked what we saw.

Response from GoCodes

Great to hear GoCodes is working so well for you! Thanks for the feedback.

Isaac P.

Gocodes easy access

Reviewed on 27/01/2019

Use it everyday. And makes life easier

Pros

Fast quick and easy to use.
I am able to switch tasks.

Cons

Have to connect to internet , not attached to the cloud.

Response from GoCodes

Nice. Thanks for the positive review.

Matthew W.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Gocode

Reviewed on 31/08/2018

Pros

Very easy to use. The QR codes are easy for anyone to scan.

Cons

The UI can be a little clunky. There should be more clear fields and customizable entry fields.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Matthew, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. Glad you like the ease of use.

We will be looking at UI changes in the future to improve the presentation though our focus is always on usability first. Think Craigslist as an example.

Stacy B.
Industry: Furniture

LOVE IT, very helpful!!!

Reviewed on 27/04/2017

My company has been looking for this software for years!! We are so glad that we were able to finally find this. This has been the perfect tool for our sales team, to be able to track all the different inventory, The greatest advantage is it can be accessed on there phones!! This has been a true time saver. Its very user friendly, and easy to use! Love that you can upload your own images as well as put a pin on the map where the tag was last scanned, this has helped us locate and keep better tabs as well as organization to our inventory!!

Pros

Every thing!! I do love how we are able to customize pretty much everything to our needs

Cons

The thing that I found interesting is that the app runs different from android to iphone. I personally have an iphone and like the feature where i can check in/ out multiple tags at once, I cant find that on the android version..?

Response from GoCodes

Great constructive feedback. We will take a look at getting the multiple tag scanning and update included in the Android app per your feedback.

Mike P.
Industry: Entertainment

Great for the money

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

I had a lot of music equipment that I needed to track from band to band. Being able to scan everything with my phone has been great!

Pros

Value - it does everything I need it to do for a fraction of the price. Still customizable and easy to use

Cons

Backend could be a little easier to navigate, but it's not bad at all.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Mike, Wow, thanks for such a positive review.

Industry: Religious Institutions

It was a breeze to implement and start up

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

Pros

I love the ease of use and the ability to locate and check out assets for different uses. The ability to add a picture with the mobile app is an added bonus

Cons

UI needs refinement for the mobile app and the ability to have the stickers reapply after a time would be great

Response from GoCodes

Thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. We always appreciate feedback from customers like you! We are always enhancing our software so watch out for the latest upgrades. In terms of labels, great idea, we will look into offering reusable labels.

Matthew C.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Awesome Program To Help Keep Track of Inventory

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

We are a small lutheran school in Tomball Texas that has implemented a 1 to 1 program with our 5th through 8th grade. We needed a system for keeping track who was issued what device. GoCodes has been a major part of our technology plan and has made us a much more organized and productive team

Pros

Ease of use, barcode feature, ability to run reports

Cons

No real time location tracking