Deputy

4.5/5
4.6/5

Kevin
Kevin

The team at QB Gelato is very pleased with Deputy. It is easy to use and the team members love...

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Pros

As QB Gelato continues to grow we are finding the tools within Deputy to be extremely valuable. For example, we have set up our 'Opening, Closing & Daily Checklists' in Deputy under tasks which allows us to run our business as paperless as possible. In addition, it gives Management the ability to check-in and see if tasks are being completed when not at the shop. Being able to communicate updates to the team members and request a confirmation that they have read the communication is brilliant. I look forward to putting the scheduling module to the test this summer as we are adding on a mobile truck to our business. I have no doubt Deputy will exceed any scheduling requirements. My final comment has to do with processing payroll and the integration between Deputy and our payroll system. Having this integration feature is such a time saver. It literally takes less than 5 minutes to run payroll as the hours from Deputy import seamlessly into our payroll system. We are extremely pleased with Deputy and highly recommend this software application for scheduling. A final note... support is excellent!

Cons

At the present time there is nothing we dislike about Deputy. The support team is always there to guide you through issues.

Kristin
  • Industry: Entertainment

Agritainment / Seasonal Use

Reviewed on 24/05/2023

Pros

Ease of communication with employees, flexibility of the program, schedule execution and viewing, timeclock ease of use.

Cons

Some limitations of features. We like the employee review at the end of each day, but you cannot view or sort who left the review, so there is some value lacking there. We also are lacking an HR management option with our program.

Natalie
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

No bad until you try to leave

Reviewed on 27/08/2018

I have rarely ever left a negative review in my life but after my recent experience I feel it's almost a responsibility. I closed my business in July. Not having a need for timekeeping I cancelled an account. I deleted all staff and shifts and unsubscribed from this service. I did so before the close of the billing cycle. Since this is a payment in advance service I should have been left with nothing outstanding. I've had demand after demand. I went back into the account to inquire as to why I'm still receiving demands to find that the account was not closed, I was not unsubscribed and although all staff profiles had been deleted i was still listed as having 5 staff. I updated my contact information, emailed Deputy stating that I had unsubscribed using the instructions in the help files and heard nothing more. Then the demands started again. The worst however was having to deal with their customer service rep on live chat who'd leave me sitting on live chat for 5-7 minutes at a time only to come back and claim he was leaving me hang there on purpose so "I'd calm down" He seemed to take particular exception to me insisting on a chat transcript. Given that I'm so furious with this company and how it allows its reps to treat customers, customer service rep's strategy didn't work. I got my chat transcript in the end but only by copying and pasting the entire thing myself. He wasn't too keen on his replies being included in the chat transcript. Utterly disgusting.

Pros

It's cheap. It's not an expensive service but the old adage you get what you pay for applies here.

Cons

Customer service is deplorable. I've never in my lifetime of dealing with various services, apps, etc ever dealt with a customer service rep as badly trained and as unprofessional as I have seen at Deputy.

Response from Deputy

Hi Natalie. We really value your feedback and will share this information with our team. Thank you for your honesty and we look forward to working with you in the future to improve your Deputy experience!

Lee

Bringing law and order to your employee attendance.

Reviewed on 18/03/2024

Pros

Really simple interface, which allowed majority of colleagues to learn the system without too much onboarding. The mobile app allowed easy clocking in/out.

Cons

Whilst the mobile app was good, the it did occasionally have a delay in reading GPS information which caused issues with reporting, as it showed employees clocking in, in incorrect locations.

Marco

What a surprise!

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

It solved a really great problem for my company, since the program I was using before didn't help me to monitor the time clock.

Pros

Really easy to use it, friendly interface and great customer service.

Cons

That it doesn't remember the hours we set and if they're different from the ones programmed we can't do anything about it

Jillian
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Pleasantly Surprised

Reviewed on 27/03/2023

Overall, I love the platform and their app. Way better than most I have tried.

Overall, I love the platform and their app. Way better than most I have tried.

Pros

The ease of use for both myself and my staff.

Cons

Sometimes hard to figure out different pay areas. No way to track staff during on-call situations, so we had to figure out a work around

Acuity Scheduling and Square Payroll

Reasons for Switching to Deputy

Better ease of use and functionality for what we needed.
Davide
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great product!

Reviewed on 27/05/2023

Pros

I liked I could easily personalise the calendar and let it appear as I wanted and I could easily edit it by my phone

Cons

That it doesn't remember employee's hours, so we always need to correct the hours from the ones we have registered

Cesia
  • Industry: Online Media

Review for Deputy, by Plei

its being great, 10/10

its being great, 10/10

Pros

I like that its easy to understand, its better than other tracking sites

Cons

theres 1 thing i can do on my phone but i can't do on my pc, that is selecting the specific days and times i want to copy for the following week

rachael
rachael
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Outstanding Customer Support

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

Since implementing deputy towards the end of 2015 in our business, I have worked closely with Jake and Joseph on making the system work with ease and ensure we are using the system to its potential.
Our business has a high turnover of transient employees who work varied hours and days of work which makes it hard for our managers to roster efficiently.
The team at Deputy have worked with us to add custom features which can help with our daily struggles in turn saving us time and money by being able to roster effectively and ensure we are being compliant at each step.
As the Payroll officer for our Australian and New Zealand region, Deputy have allowed me to streamline the fortnightly payroll process. Removed the need for any manual inputting, in turn ensuring we have time for quality checks, within our limited time constraints on payroll day.
We are a fast paced business and this system works extremely well for our managers creating and publishing the rosters, as well as confirming timesheets.

Pros

Worked closely with our team to add additional features required
Fast response time
Realistic time-frames
Great problem solving skills, and solutions
Helps with rostering efficiently,
Forecast of costs,
Ensures Compliance
Reporting functions
Payroll inputting has reduced from 1.5 days to 1Hrs due to new seamless payroll integration
New upgrade of system is more user friendly and responsive

Cons

More updates on system features/upgrades to come
More training for Support staff on system set up
Doesn't do 'Modern award' interpretation. Although we have now got the system to interpret the Award this was a lot of custom features we worked with the Development team on.

Yuri

A very good product!

Reviewed on 1/09/2023

Pros

I like the way you can switch between week, two weeks and a month in the schedule, also the way you request leaves and absence in general, it's very easy to work with the software. Also the location log in tracking is a great feature.

Cons

I have not found anything the bothers me in the software so far.

Wolf
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Deputy Limitations on amount of location being used. Not exporting payroll timesheet to ADP ...

Could be better

Could be better

Pros

Keep track of time of employees, build schedule.

Cons

Help is not providing answers on problems like it was 2 years ago. Live chat is gone or specialist are not helping in all subjects

Grace
  • Industry: Events Services

Exactly what I was looking for

Reviewed on 25/05/2017

Probably one of the best scheduling/staffing apps out there organizing my company's staffing, scheduling and payroll.

Pros

The scheduling features, clocking in and out (especially with location services), communication with team capabilities, and overall polished interface are so well thought out and done. I researched several different software and apps, but this one really checked a lot of boxes for our small business. We have a core staff and many seasonal staff, so having a versatile staffing and scheduling app was very important. I love that I can copy weekly schedules, easily change staffing whenever I need to, communicate with the team about changes right through the app, and write notes about each shift with additional information. When it's time for payroll, the approval and tallying of hours is so quick and easy.

Cons

So far it is an indispensable part of my business. I (and my staff) absolutely love it. The only issue I still have with the app is its inability to have several different pay rates for each person. Our company offers several different "jobs" that people can claim, but each job has its specific pay rate. When it comes to payroll, it would be nice to be able to select which payrate that employee is being paid for each shift/or position. Once this is in place, then I will be able to benefit from the budget and exporting features of the app. Right now, I cannot, but I understand this may be a special set-up.

Leanne

Deputy improves our business efficiency

Reviewed on 3/11/2016

We are in the air-conditioning & mechanical services industry with approx 40 employees and a similar amount of sub-contractors working on various sites throughout the Sydney Metropolitan area. Before we installed Deputy we were relying on each individual signing a "sign on/sign off" sheet at the various job sites. On these large construction sites it's very difficult for the site supervisors to monitor the actual start and finish times of individuals. Time sheets were emailed to us on a fortnightly basis from each employee/sub-contractor. These were all formatted differently and made wages preparation a long and laborious task.

Pros

Each site has an ipad and the employee/sub-contractor logs in at the start and finish of their shift where a photo is also taken which makes the monitoring of staff very easy. The times are approved by the office manager each day and individuals can check what shift times have been approved on their app at any time. Each fortnight the time sheets are printed, which are in an each to read formalt, and wages are prepared from these sheets. This process has reduced approximately five hours of wage preparation. Customer support has also been prompt and efficient.

Cons

The best way to use Deputy on job sites is with a "kiosk" (ipad). We don't have secure site sheds at all sites so finding a location to put the "kiosk" with available power to charge it was harder in some areas.

Erin

Great App

Reviewed on 16/05/2023

Good

Good

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, easy to find your schedule and clock in and out

Cons

Sometimes when putting in leave or unavailability it can be challenging

Daniel

Timesheet intergration into Buildxact

Reviewed on 29/03/2023

great customer support and happy with the software

great customer support and happy with the software

Pros

Easy use for integration into my construction software, good customer support

Cons

Would like to be able to track more easily employees overall costs for a year once they take holiday pay etc but it might be the package I purchase or the way i use it

Matthew
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Staff management made super easy

Reviewed on 27/07/2016

I use deputy every single day to keep tabs on my employees who work in two different locations. Scheduling and managing my employees couldn't be easier. Deputy is a very easy to use software used to track data, time sheets, schedules and communicate with each other.

Pros

I love the reports that deputy keeps track of. Every report is meticulously categorized and organized, which is a complete life saver. Instead of spending hours sorting through time sheets and data, deputy has all that for me in a single click! Payroll is super simple.
I also love the way that I can communicate with 40+ employees through the news feed. I use the news feed for important company announcements and changes which is helpful because everyone has to be on the deputy software, so everyone will see the messages. My employees also interact through deputy among regarding work such as schedules, work processes etc.

Cons

More functionality with the iOS app. I work a lot through my phone and I would be great if I didn't need to hop on my laptop to access everything I need on deputy.

Joy

Seamless and cloud based, versatile. App driven for employees mobile devices, schedule at hand.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Pros

Scheduling is complicated and the data entry process can be tedious, but with the "Copy Shifts" function, entry is made easy and editing is simple. A great tool for time management.
App driven for seamless integration with employee mobile devices, schedule at the ready and employees can set alerts, push to calendar, notifications, etc. to their liking. The dashboard is pretty snazzy and clear. Export timesheet function makes payroll a breeze.

Cons

At present, I have not come across much I did not like, how ever, when exporting timesheet the calendar function does not always default to the current pay period. It seems to default to some odd dates. I am not sure what is causing that as we had set our parameters. Support Chat is good, but sometimes a phone call is necessary.

Michael

Easy to use scheduling system

Reviewed on 19/08/2022

Easy to use as an employee and looks easy to use from an admin perspective. Never had a problem with my timesheets!

Pros

As an employee who has used this for 5+ years this is an easy program to use within a small business. I clock in, clock out and can edit my time if needed. I can offer shifts up and accept or look for more all within the app. I like being notified when new shifts are offered as well via text and can accept them without even opening the app. I wish the calendar in deputy would sync with my apple calendar so I didn’t have to manually enter my deputy shifts into it.

Robert
  • Industry: Government Administration

Best Online Scheduling / Time Card System

Reviewed on 24/04/2017

Working for a City Government Organization, we installed deputy.com to replace our outdated and expensive Kronos solution. Deputy being a cloud based system, helped us to deploy and test more rapidly then installing a local on premise solution. The Integration staff and Owner of the company were involved with our go live and were amazing. They continue to speak with us and help us though issues that come up. Deputy.com is well worth the money and they integrate with most major cloud based payroll systems. Their IPAD kiosk app for clock-in/out is the best out of all the other company demos we tried as well. Easy to deploy and manage and they continue to work out bugs and issues as they come up. They are very quick to acknowledge a problem and work on a fix.

Pros

iPAD Kiosks
iPhone/Droid Apps for staff
Cloud based
Beautiful Interface to schedule
Tons of features

Cons

Works best in Google Chrome. IE and Firefox is buggy.
Automatic features that affect time entry don't always work as described.
No formal training documentation, only help web guides.

Response from Deputy

Thanks for your awesome feedback Robert! We love hearing success stories like yours! Never hesitate to reach out to our team for help in the future and happy scheduling.

- Team Deputy

Anish
Anish

Deputy

Reviewed on 2/05/2019

Smooth and good experience

Smooth and good experience

Pros

The fact that its very easy to customize and assign shifts to appropriate staff who are then able to receive notifications on their phones and PCs.
Deputy's customer support is also quite good.

Cons

I found that navigating at first through the web based application tends to be a bit difficult and it also does't offer a range of colors for tagging different shifts.

Paycor

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Deputy

Better customer support response
Keith
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Finally found a cheduling and time tracking app that integrates with ADP for us

Reviewed on 4/05/2023

We like and it's very functional for us.

We like and it's very functional for us.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the multi functionality of Deputy as well as the fact that it easily and quickly exports to ADP.

Cons

When removing an employee after termination, there is no way to easily remove them from future shifts in order to terminate them without going through and deleting each shift individually.

Simbarashe

Good for small businesses

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

Pros

The ease of use and the user friendly interface for start is good for a small business that has one person doing multiple roles. Having a mobile app that can be used across most mobile devices makes it a very efficient tool for communication with staff and also a perfect system for timesheet signing. The added bonus is the geolocator for enabling shift work at multiple destinations to only be able to clock in close to the designated place of work.

Cons

Timesheet approval function on the mobile app needs improvement

Greg

Recommended, but not for everyone.

Reviewed on 2/05/2023

It did improve our capacity to track where and when our workers were and how our costs should be distributed along our projects. In other words, it has been a good tool to admin/track/adjust our efficiency.

Pros

Deputy helps to accurately schedule workers and track their time. This helps the administration to check the efficiency and efficacy as most of the time, laboring hours can go out of hand.

Cons

Although Deputy helps with scheduling and hours tracking, as an admin user it does demand a lot of time toschedule, set tasks for workers, approve timesheets, adjust or modify.

Amanda Josalene
Amanda Josalene

Excellent value for the money; works great with my business.

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

Overall, Deputy helped me to relieve stress that comes along with managing payrolls and attendance among a team of employees. I have been able to effectively organize all of my time-sheets without issue, and will continue to use Deputy for my business.

Pros

The price is excellent and you receive a quality, well-rounded software that allows you to effectively manage payroll and attendance sheets among employees. This took a lot of stress off my back as for a while I was doing everything manually, by hand, and then having to input all of this into a spreadsheet on my computer. Deputy helped make this process 1000x easier, and the price point didn't put even the slightest dent into our business's budget. Within Deputy, you can also use it as a platform to communicate with your employees as well, which is a perk if you need a software that allows you to do such as well.

Cons

I don't have any cons. Everything runs as it should!

• Industry: Restaurants

Deputy Is Perfect for Our Small Business

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Pros

I like that the Deputy UI is really easy to navigate. There is a lot of information held in Deputy and it could easily be set up non-user friendly, but I find that I have no trouble navigating all of the different hierarchies of information to get to where I need to go. Our staff hasn't had any trouble signing up or jumping in with their schedules. I also really enjoy that it reminds people (and me) when they forget to clock in!

Cons

While I like that I get reminders that people forget to clock in, I often receive them after they've already clocked in, I wish I got a second notice that they in fact did clock in after receiving their notification. This may seem petty, but it can save some leg work (literally).