QuickBooks Commerce

Powerful inventory & order management software for B2B + B2C

4.3 /5 (289 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
4.1
Stass G.
Industry: Cosmetics

Missing essential features

Reviewed on 29/11/2020

Since we subscribed to their service, only one of the requested features were implemented. We had 3 accounts in three different countries - one with manufacturing and wholesale and two with wholesale only. The manufacturing unit we already switched back to Unleashed as it was a real nightmare. Others will migrate to another solution once the annual subscription will expire.... If you have a manufacturing and import procedures which involves multi currency use, i strongly recommend to think twice and perform a complete trial before buying their subscription..

Pros

Easy to set up even for non-advanced users. Web interface. Support staff is quite good and responsive.

Cons

Impossible to use other than products purchase currency for landed costs. Packing slip (packing list) doesnt show the total weight of the shipping. One has to use the calculator to add this value manually by pen to the end of the weight column. No choice to download the documents in different formats, except long procedure via automation, which is an absolute waste of time. If you have multiple accounts, you cant switch between them in the mobile app. Even after logout and re-login. Sometimes you even have troubles to print invoices. Two pages invoice is being printed on 8-9 pages, because the gaps between the lines are huge. They blame Google Chrome, and suggest using other browsers, but it doesn't help. Since i subscribed to their service, only one of the requested features were implemented. We had 3 different accounts in different countries - wholesale in two of them and manufacturing one. The manufacturing unit we already switched back to Unleashed as it was a nightmare. If strongly recommend with we cant wait to close this cooperation.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Laura L.

Great ordering software

Reviewed on 21/09/2016

Im a consultant for a small but quickly growing company that creates goods and wholesales them.

The company needed ordering software to track sales order drafts, orders, and invoices, as well as partial payments and partial shipments. The inventory has LOTS of variables. We needed a solution that could interact with online, but could also be done by hand since so much of the business is done face to face.

We needed something easy to use and attractive to look at that had good reporting and also graphs.

It was hard to find software that wasn't solely linked to an online store.

We're gradually adding a scanning barcode system for inventory, too, and are glad that will interact with trade gecko seamlessly.

Pros

It really hits ALL the main points of what we need, especially the partial shipments and payments as well as item variables. It integrates with several other types of software. It's helped the business tremendously, and the data on sales is fantastic in streamlining where to put our efforts, what to stock, etc.

Cons

Some functionality isn't there....small things you notice when you use this everyday like we do. i.e. Reports print on multiple pages, for example, but don't have the dates and title of report on each page, or even at the top of the report. You need to screen shot graphs in order to print them. And needing to duplicate orders in order to edit them after finalization.

Set up is overall fairly straightforward, but some aspects, if you make a mistake you have to start all over again. Since we had no idea of our costing when we got this software going, we didn't set it up correctly.

Jason Z.
Industry: Chemicals

Great software, easy to use

Reviewed on 11/07/2020

It saves us time, reduces employee workload.

Pros

Tradegecko streamlines the entire process from making quotations to collecting payments. Everything is automated. We sell specialty chemicals for researchers (universities and companies) which still place orders by emailing/faxing PDF POs, requiring manually entering order information. The software is very easy to use and saved us time.

Cons

The software does not allow many customization by individual users. Pretty much all features are universal. Different users always need customization to fit their needs. TradeGecko should create many options that allow each user to select, customize functions. For example, there is no option to change the name of invoices, Proforma Invoice vs Invoice, which should be a basic feature for users to deal with organizational customers.

Response from TradeGecko

Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback as we are always striving to improve our Product for our merchants. We'll have your account manager reach out to discuss this further, as users are able to customise Invoices.

Industry: Management Consulting

Frequent Updates and Extremely User Friendly!

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

TradeGecko has really helped us crack down on lost inventory, keeping special pricing accurate, and making sure that we're getting paid for the inventory being shipped out. This is exactly what we needed and we're very happy with the product and service!

Pros

The clean look of this program isn't just for looks, it's incredibly user friendly and intuitive. One of the biggest pros though is that they are continually updating the program and improving the use and functionality of the software. They're also very easy to communicate with and give feedback to if you can possibly think of an additional feature. We use this program in a slightly less traditional way and their team has been great about making sure it fits our needs in the way we use it.

Cons

We've used this software since "the beginning" unfortunately that meant that when they got a little bigger, we did see a significant price increase. That being said, though the pricing is a little high, it is still worth it for our use. Occasionally there are some small bugs but they usually get squashed quickly since they update so frequently.

Raymond S.

Poor Experience with Tradegecko

Reviewed on 28/01/2016

We started a small confectionery business in October 2014, and needed a system to keep track of sales, stock and finances. After reviewing several platforms, we settled with Shopify for the POS and web store, TradeGecko for the inventory management, and Xero for accounting.

The idea was to integrate these platforms so a sale in the shop will flow through Shopify to Tradegecko, and then to Xero. At that time, Shopify could not link directly to Xero and could not calculate basic cost of goods sold for accounting purposes. We went for TradeGecko to overcome these issues, and because the front end of the software is very user friendly for keeping track of over 1000 SKUs.

On paper, and if it all worked TradeGecko would be fantastic. In practice, there have been data synchronisation issues from the very beginning which TradeGecko has admitted they cannot fix. Our experience with their customer service has been very frustrating, and they now recommend that we leave TradeGecko for another system. We are therefore going through a painful and expensive process of migrating to Dear Systems, which we also use for another business and which has worked seamlessly.

The synchronisation issues are straight forward and we have never understood why they cannot be resolved.

Everyday, we have about 200-500 sales through our POS that flow through to TradeGecko via two Shopify accounts (amazingly Shopify POS only allows one shop per account, so we need two Shopify accounts for two shops). On some days everything then flows through to Xero fine, but far too often several sales will be missing. Because of this, our accountants have to spend between 15 minutes and 3-4 hours trying to manually reconcile the missing amounts between TradeGecko and Xero. This extra work has been costing us over US$1,000 per month alone.

In addition, TradeGecko cannot as at the end of 2015 split out total amounts by payment methods. As a retail shop, we settle most of our transactions by cash, but also have credit cards, debit cards, contactless cards, etc. We have to manually download every transaction daily and use a pivot table in Excel to tie figures to our bank statements. This adds another half an hour of work a day.

Having used Dear Systems and TradeGecko extensively for a period of time, I can say that we made the mistake of liking the look of TradeGecko over its function. Dear Systems has since also updated their user interface.

We and our accountants have spoken and explained the situation to probably every single member of TradeGecko’s technical team over the past 15 months. The number of times we have repeated ourselves and chased for a response is absolutely unbelievable. We were promised fixes along the way, but eventually even TradeGecko has given up. We feel very disappointed and let down by TradeGecko, whose final solution was for us to either continue with our manual workarounds or migrate to another platform, which is also a big disruption for a small business like ours.

We hope that other small business owners can avoid what we experienced. We have wasted a lot of time and energy on TradeGecko instead of focusing on our business. It is a stress that we did not need.

Response from TradeGecko

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your honest review. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely look into improving some of the issues that you are facing with the system.

Vallei R.

GREAT

Reviewed on 15/06/2019

Pros

THE USER FRIENDLINESS. VERY EASY TO USE.

Cons

PRICE: A SMALL COMPANY BEING CHARGED FOR EVERY USER. RIDICULOUS

Jay S.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

I am very happy and actually am excited to do more with TradeGecko as we grow. If ever stumped, customer support is there to walk me through the trouble shoot.

Pros

This software was the perfect fit for my needs and easy to setup. The B2B eCommerce solution has not only saved time for me and my team, but has also helped my customers. My customer are ordering more and more often and this is very transparent in the reporting tools available.

Cons

I wish there was a little more automation for updating fulfilled orders. This may be due to the fact that we never integrated directly with our ERP.

Response from TradeGecko

Dear Jay, We love hearing that our B2B eCommerce Platform is a perfect fit for you, freeing up your time and that of your customers, so that you can focus on business growth! Team TradeGecko

Industry: Packaging & Containers

Ideal order management platform for a global business

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

My team and I are loving the platform and are using more and more of its features every time, such as the barcode and pick/pack system that was recently introduced.

Pros

I like how it follows the actual process and workflow of supply chain and procurement. From manufacturing, to managing sales, orders and suppliers, it has all the features under one roof, making it the brain of our business.

Cons

It is not open source, some features are not localized, running a business in China and the UAE requires some more adaptation, customization are a bit limited and need to be addressed as a feature request.

Ben K.
Industry: Design

Best app for Managing inventory for E-Commerce & Wholesale

Reviewed on 17/07/2015

Tradegecko enables my business to manage ordering, inventory, and B2B sales. It seamlessly integrates with all of my other systems. The customer support is top notch- they're always quick to get back and very helpful in solving problems. Would HIGHLY recommend this program to anyone interested.

Pros

Affordable price point
Top Notch customer Support
Ability to set reorder points & create PO's
Sales Rep Ordering App
B2B Ordering Portal
Directly Syncs with XERO Accounting
Directly Syncs with Shopify for E-Commerce and POS
Syncs with ShipStation

Cons

No direct connection to Base CRM
User interface in B2B portal needs work (updated version should be out soon!)
Don't yet have an app

Response from TradeGecko

Hi Ben,

We're glad to hear that the Gecko is helping to make your business processes seamless! Thanks for all the feedback, and we will be sure to pass your feedback to our product team. We will be making some improvements to our B2B portal in the coming weeks so do look out for it! Also, if you'd like to use TradeGecko on the go, please feel free to download our mobile app here: http://www.tradegecko.com/mobile-sales-app

Regards,
Alicia
TradeGecko

Rene E.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

My experiencie with tradegecko

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Actually we manage at least 30 points throughtout the country, i really needed a software to help me with the management and online sales to.

Tradegecko make me easy the work in all my stores and now i have full control of the products. The integration only take me a couple days

Pros

Multiple integrations, onmichannel sales, esasy to configure, a lot documentation, support and team sales

Cons

I can't configure my dashboard, report styles

Response from TradeGecko

Dear Rene, We are really pleased to hear that TradeGecko has quickly helped you gain better control of your inventory and orders, and look forward to supporting you through your next stage of growth. Team TradeGecko

Melina F.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Very good for sales, but still need to better the production

Reviewed on 22/09/2016

It is a very intuitive and easy to manage system. We are a small 3 years old Brewery, growing every year and TradeGecko is our main system. Very effective and functional to make the orders, connect with the e-commerce system, register the clients, send out invoices, pack and ship the orders and so on. But has limited option on the production field, like different options to control the stock, to see the incoming stock specified by dates and quantities, and to connect the production of goods with the stock on inventory. On overall, is a very good system for manage the sales and order, but not as good for manage the production.

Pros

It is a very intuitive and easy to manage system. Very effective and functional to make the orders, connect with the e-commerce system, register the clients, send out invoices, pack and ship the orders and so on.

Ben T.
Industry: Defense & Space

Good Stock Control Software

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 20/10/2018

Good software but lacked the 3rd party integrations we needed.

Pros

The software works and is robust. Good customer service and they seem to be constantly improving the software.

Cons

Ultimately we didn't carry on using as they did not integrate into Xero at the time, which is what we needed to process our accounts.

Response from TradeGecko

Hi Ben T.

Firstly, we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We're surprised to learn that you decided not to go ahead with TradeGecko in the past due to the lack of Xero integration. In fact, TradeGecko was integrated with the largest accounting solutions, Xero and QuickBooks, from our early days.

We¿d like to get in touch with you to understand more about your past experience with TradeGecko. It is through valuable feedback such as yours that we are able improve our product and customer experience.

Kindly reach out to us at [email protected]

TradeGecko Customer Success team

Pitsanu S.

Great inventory program

Reviewed on 9/12/2018

We buy stuff from overseas and not many inventory program (especially in Thailand) can handle multi currency and multi warehouse. It was a bit of a hiccup and overwhelming at first. But everything works after awhile. My personal experience is that no matter how good the program, it is still the user who will mess it up (by moving stock without entry in tradegecko, by selling without issuing sales orders....)

Pros

Multi warehouse.
Multi currency.
Multiple integration with other app such as quickbooks, shopify

Cons

Speed...
And report sometimes not accurate

Craig S.

Dont Bother, They Just Dont Care

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 22/04/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

About as disappointing as it can get. I am left thinking that TradeGecko has outsourced its Sales and Marketing Departments to a bunch of lazy teenagers on a summer break in Singapore. Buy it or don't - up to you is the entire motivation I received

Pros

It seemed reasonably intuitive and had a easy interface

Cons

I tried TradeGecko as I was really needing a platform that would expand with my business. I spent over eight hours (which I really didn't have the time to spare) inputting all the information I could. The startup adviser program said I was only 50% done. I booked a catch up call, and when they called back I was literally two minutes from home. I told the lady she could hold on or i will call back. She chose to call me back in five, which she never did. Long story short five days later I finally got hold of someone to talk to and I asked them a simple question. The answer I got was the program works fine if you use it properly.

Seriously, that is what he said.

What I asked was why when I sell a bed does it show as 100% profit even though I have generated a purchase order against the sale.

When I asked to speak to someone else representative then told me my business was too small for them and I should consider using Square.
So I did. I still need a decent stock system and TradeGecko still keep sending me questionaires about why I didnt continue with them and each time I have explained the situation and have asked for someone to call me which has never happened.
I was sent an introductory video twice though........

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Sebastian R.
Industry: Wholesale

Greate and helpfull to your bussines

Reviewed on 8/11/2018

Tradegecko help my company to increase the production and optimize sales and administrative issues, also give a powerfull overall situation review of the company

Pros

Usability, manage inventory, sales reports, inventory reports, company situation reports, integrate whit many apps

Cons

Dont have a good app for android and apple

Peter Y.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

I have vendors drooling over my purchase orders.

Reviewed on 14/09/2016

I use Trade gecko every day to run Logistics for the fire department. So many good features that work so well together. Inventory to Purchase orders it has it all. Update and improvements are always happening

Pros

The side dash board is one of my favorites and works seamlessly within the program.

Cons

No priority vendor option. to be able to assign 2 vendors to the same item would be nice and set lowest price as default.

Heidi D.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Solid product, awesome support!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017

Saves time and prevents manual errors.

Pros

Seamlessly ties our systems into a neat little bow. Saves us a ton of time and prevents manual errors on our part - no more manual transfers of data from one system to another.

Cons

We have run into an occasional sync issue, but Trade Gecko's support jumps right into action to assist. And, sometimes the issue was simply a result of settings that WE entered.

Gloria T.

TRADEGECKO

Reviewed on 19/09/2016

HAD USED QUICKBOOKS FOR YEARS TRADEGECKO SYNCED ALL CUSTOMER DATA WITH EASE INVENTORY CONTROLL WORKS WITH ACCOUNTING SYSTEM

Pros

USER FRIENDLY GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Cons

TIME ZONES ARE DIFFERENT SO CANT ALWAYS GET HELP UNTIL THE NEXT DAY

Roberta C.
Industry: Packaging & Containers

Not a good product if you're for more than very basic functionality

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

This product would suit basic business functionality however training and support is terrible. The software is quite buggy and a lot of the functions just don't work and the data syncing to Xero is particularly bad. Trade Gecko caused significiant accounting issues for by way of syncing the wrong data to Xero despite being assured the syncing was set up correctly. Definitely would not recommend if you are looking for a system with more than basic ecommerce links.

Pros

Basic features work well like they should

Cons

Terrible support
Poor training
Lots of bugs
Poor data syncing to Xero

Response from TradeGecko

Hi Roberta,
Thanks for taking the time to review us.
We understand your colleague, Louis, had a lengthy phone call with our support team outlining the errors causing discrepancies in your accounting - and these have now been resolved and addressed. Please reach out to support
with any issues you are currently facing, as we are under the impression that everything is working as expected.
Team TradeGecko.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Jason L.

Great WMS!

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

It has been very easy to use and intuitive so far. We will depend on TradeGecko to have an accurate and real-time view of our stock so it will become fundamental to our business!

Pros

Multiple locations, partial shipments, POs... there are lots of features I like about this software. The real value being delivered is then when this information is integrated into the other systems we have that make management information so much more easy to access.

Cons

Only downside so far is bins having only 1 SKU able to be assigned to it. With smaller products, and more efficient use of space in mind, this becomes a challenge and requires a different setup in the warehouse to overcome. Also, the automation could do with being a bit more flexible, when limited to only certain variables and logic, there is currently not much I can make use of here.

Mohammad ibrahim S.

TradeGecko Review

Reviewed on 11/11/2018

Love it but would love the added multi-website fuctionality.

Pros

The software is easy to use and is customer friendly. The user manuals and videos are a lot of help for a beginner and allow him to review and understand the functionality of how the software works

Cons

Given the cost of the software, it might now be feasible for a company that is just starting but if gone for, this software does have some solid features. If running a multi-store website, TradeGecko might lack some features.

Ashley S.

Excellent Software, Very Happy

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

When first setting up TradeGecko we had a few worries. The structure of our company is unique and we were nervous (but prepared) that TradeGecko would only be able to handle a small portion of our needs. Fortunately, they have far surprised our expectations and their customer service has been impeccable from initiating our account to continually adding new features that help better our company.

Pros

There are two things that really stand out to me about TradeGecko. 1. The ease of use - learning to use the software and finding ways for it to do exactly what you want it to do was surprisingly easy. Any questions or difficulties we had were quickly answered by their customer service. 2. They are constantly adding new features!

Cons

The only complaint I would have would be on the Purchase Orders. Adding the landing costs is really helpful but when printing the purchase order it doesn't show the landing costs.

Minway C.
Industry: Import & Export

Excellent program that is constantly updated

Reviewed on 10/09/2016

Extremely flexible stock system with constant updates and extremely helpful customer service. Have had a few issues with invoicing under different tax laws for different countries and TradeGecko has been able to help with every issue, both with fixes within the current system and going into my account to help activate/de-active certain fields.

Pros

Easy to use, proactive customer service, reasonable price for the functionality

Cons

wish the app was accessible from all membership levels

Simon W.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

a fresh approach to manufacturing and trading, without the baggage

Reviewed on 18/09/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The TG team have created enough smart features and functionality to enable most startups to scale without drama. Our business has grown 10 fold in under a year and TG is at the core of our business.

Cons

the growing wish list of fixes and features, most of which I don't need, but if I need a feature I doubt it will get implemented soon

Response from Alicia

Dear Simon,

Thanks for the great review! We are glad to know that TradeGecko has helped your business to grow. We are always looking to improve the feedback loop and will be sure to look into your suggestions. Have a great day

Jean-philippe K.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Great software for SMEs and beyond

Reviewed on 18/02/2017

Tradegecko is super easy to use and configure. They regularly add new features (without disruptions) and are super friendly.
Because we have an hybrid B2B and B2C model, the software is not perfectly tailored to our needs but it is way better than others we tried/investigated.