Resource Guru

Cloud based team scheduling software

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.7/5
4.7/5

358 Software options

Bill O.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Simple and to the point - Resource Gu does the one thing we need most, and it does it...

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

It has been a significant enhancement o our workflow. Our prior use of our CRM system to do what Resource Guru does was costing us at least a full day per week. Now we get it all done in an hour our tow.

Pros

Simplicity and focus. Resource Guru solves one problem, a problem that is key to our business - which is project resource assignment and scheduling. It does it quickly, and easily. Our prior tool required us to understand a complex CRM system with multiple interrelated functions. Resource Guru gives us the availability, assignment and schedule tools we need to deliver our projects without needless overhead.

Cons

I would like more user defined fields when we assign a resource to a project. We assign a project sales phase type to each project, and we assign an individual billing rate to each resource, which can be different for each day of the project. We currently do that using a strict taxonomy in the "Notes" field and them use an Excel macro to parse that information out for sales and revue forecasting. While this doe take a bit of management and programming magic - it is still orders fo magnitude less complicated that it was previously when we managed this data in our CRM system. Having those filed would just make our lives all that much simpler.

An option for time, cost, manhour management for small-medium scope

Reviewed on 20/08/2021

Generally no issue if the scope is small to medium. larger scope requiring links to many other apps may take time to sync.

Pros

Intuitively easy to use, good usage of colors to present a quick glance of resource versus objectives deliverables

Cons

Integration with existing calendars, tools may not be smooth and sometimes not synced.

monday.com, Trello and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Good usage of colors to present information quickly

Response from Resource Guru

Hi there

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :)

I wanted to let you know that our calendar sync feature is currently a one way sync, but we do have firm plans to support 2 way syncing in the future. Once 2 way syncing is released, you should find it easy to keep external calendar events synced in Resource Guru. Can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage if you haven't already - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news.

I hope this comes as good news! If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll be very happy to help.

Nia W.
  • Industry: Media Production

Changed my working life!

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

Pros

This software is very easy to use and manage. it's easy on the eye and there's nothing complicated about it :)

Cons

I like everything about it, I can't fault it at all.

Jeremie B.

The best stand alone solution for resource management

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

We're using ResourceGuru for weekly planing, when we plan the up-coming week for every creative and strategy members. And every day, through a short stand-up meeting, we review the daily plan of everyone to make sure everything is clear. Thanks to the simplicity of the UI we can easily replan on the fly in case of project changes.

Pros

UX is awesome
Simplicity of the solution.

Cons

The one-side only integration with Google Calendar. If we plan meeting in people's calendar, ideally it populates ResourceGuru (and would place it in queue in case of conflict/overtime).

The integration with other software, like Harvest, is inexistent, isn't it?

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Jeremie

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that 2-way calendar syncing is very firmly on our roadmap, so can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage if you haven't already - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news :)

When it comes to integrations with other tools, there are a couple of ways you can go about this. We have a 2 way REST style API which you can use if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API documentation just here https://resourceguruapp.com/docs/api. We also have a Zapier integration which lets you quickly connect Resource Guru with 3,000+ other tools, without the need for any programming skills. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app

Please let us know if we can help further :)

Simon M.

Couldn't run the team without it

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Excellent. All our interactions with the team have been fast and successful. They clearly love the product and the work they do.

Pros

It's fast and intuitive and I am able to see at a glance and report on all of my team's​ assignments and accurately schedule all their time.

Cons

Reporting aspect. Stock reports are good, but would like to be able to drag them into a platform like PowerBI. Potentially via scheduled export to CSV or similar. Would also like some more customisation​ such as more leave types and an option to backup and restore information. Finally, audit tracking - who made what change.

eResource Scheduler and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Resource Guru

The tool was only good for scheduling large blocks of time, was slow and cumbersome. This tool is much more dynamic.

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

Exact functionality match to requirements. Originally bought for my team​ only, but quickly expanded to the whole department.
Spencer A.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great scheduling app for teams

Reviewed on 24/02/2020

We have a team of 15+ individuals who all have different work/ vacation schedules, commitment levels, and weekly to daily workloads. We use ResourceGuru to organize all of this information into a simple, clean format that is easy to read and quick to update. The main component that we use every week is tracking team member's availability to take on more work (or if they're overloaded and need help). We accomplish this by using the "clients" toggle field, which we set up with levels of availability (Available, Partly Busy, Mostly Busy, and Fully Booked) with colors associated with them (green to red). That way, in one glance, we can see who needs work, and who has too much and could use some help. It's a bit of a work-around, but RG is by far the best platform we've found to accomplish this simple task.

Pros

The user interface is very intuitive and it is easy to scroll through the entire team's schedule for the week.

Cons

The cost is considerable, but if your team needs something beyond Outlook calendar to view everyone's schedules in one place, it's a great option for that. I wish there was more compatibility between our Outlook calendars and RG though. Often it feels like we need to have duplicate information in both places.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Spencer

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to check in to make sure you knew about the availability bars? It sounds like you're using a workaround to highlight when people are available, but the availability bars will give you excellent visibility of when each of your resources has availability, right there on the schedule. You can learn about using them here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942098-using-the-availability-bar

I hope this helps! If you have any questions at any point please don't be a stranger - we're always very keen to help.

Markus S.

Ou daily challange for organising and planning multiple teams and projects

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

As already written before, we are managing several teams and projects with the tool. It is our main tool, to organise the day to day work and do long term planning. We build an interface into our financial tools, to have an automated process to align budgets with the planning!

Pros

We like the easy to use approach and the overall visibility
Very important is the cooperation and management of a single resource with multiple people. To reduce the risk of double bookings or gaps...

Cons

There is very little what is not optimal. We are happy that overtime is possible now... but maybe a bit more reporting functionality would be good.. not as "extracts" more online!

and if I could whish for something, the integration into JIRA is something we would need!

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Markus

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can quickly and easily connect Resource Guru with Jira using our Zapier integration, and you don't need any programming skills to do this :) You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app And you can find the Resource Guru/Jira specific integration page just here: https://zapier.com/apps/jira/integrations/resource-guru

Alternatively we also offer an API which you can use to create an integration if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Glenn K.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Fantastic Tool

Reviewed on 4/06/2021

It's just great. It's made my role so much easier.

Pros

The ease of use. It's helped me create buy-in among other departments internally with regards to schedule-driven process, whilst enabling everyone to maintain a proactive view on our resourcing capabilities (which ultimately informs everything else from our commercial functions, employment plans, etc).

Cons

I'd maybe tidy-up the 'Project' and 'Clients' tabs a little bit. Maybe introduce some filters to help you search for groups of each? That's about my only complaint, and it's not a big one by any means.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Glenn

Thanks for taking the time to share your review! It's great to hear that Resource Guru has made your role so much easier :)

I wanted to let you know that we have firm plans to release filtering in the Projects/Clients sections in future, so I'd recommend signing up to our newsletter in the footer of our homepage (https://resourceguruapp.com/) if you haven't already. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news.

I hope this helps :) Please don't be a stranger if you have any other questions or feedback at any point.

Thanks!

Jane D.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Value for money and SO easy to use

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

This has saved us countless hours of email writing and phone calls as our trainers can see their bookings without us having to call or write to them each time something changes. All of our sales and booking team can immediately see who is available for times requested by a client. Our Marketing and Finance departments love the reports and they are so easy to customise.

Pros

Colour-coded projects, ability to mark projects as confirmed or tentative, able to sync the software to individual calendars, easy to customise reports, everything on one screen, easy to add and customise new resources. I could go on but, this software has grown with our company over the past 4 years and we are all very happy with it.

Cons

The new features that are added are not always in the order we want. For example, it took 4 years for the confirmed/tentative option to be added - a very useful feature for us but I understand that the Resource Guru Team needs to prioritise features based on the overall needs of their customers.

Reshma H.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

SM user

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

As mentioned I have implement RG to both my previous and current working places. Its easy and simple, no complications, not clumpy.
I use RG on a daily basis to book my whole team's daily tasks.

Pros

Easy to use, simple for all team members. Looks visibly pleasing.
I have implemented Resource Guru to my previous and current working places.
Very good value for money.

Cons

Needs to have an action for users to click once they have completed the task. I have been waiting for this for a few years now.
Still not very mobile friendly.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Resource Guru

It was more beneficial for my team and how we work daily.
Dale M.

Fantastic tool

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Excellent. It has been a fantastic tool for our lean, high-performance business.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use, efficient. Simplified our weekly and monthly production planning radically, allowing us to focus more effort on forecasting production load, maintaining workload balance and ensuring good capacity to execute our projects.

Cons

Doesn't yet have the ability to set recurring events. Drag and drop functions are sometimes unstable, particularly with cloud syncing.

Matthew D.

Resource Guru - How its helped the day-to-day operation

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

Overall it's been a great experience and helped me and my team better operate our day-to-day tasks and ability to manage our staff and projects.

It's a tool I've used for a few years now and do not see us looking back.

Pros

Ease of use - loved the beta version and very happy that is now the standard. Easy to update multiple days on the fly and saves as you go.

Great feature of saving teams/groups so I can see a quick look without having to multi click.

Cons

Only thing I can say is I wish there was a better way to export reports from the software, possibly export into excel where I can print out the relevant information.

Response from Resource Guru

Thanks Matt - Did you realise you can download reports as an excel file. https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942087-using-the-downloaded-reports

Hope that makes your life easier :)

Cheers, Percy

Pedro D.

Resource Management Made Easy

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Overall the solution is very robust and solid at what it does. It has been used for over 5+ years and does it job well. I would like to see a bit more is product feature evolution in terms of workflow management/triggers as mentioned.

Pros

The filtering capabilities allows different user roles to manage their teams easily and also find relevant skills in the agency. Many people have hidden skills and talents and having them searchable allows us to tap into these.

Cons

I would like to see more API integration efforts made into other applications.
I would like to see workflow triggers to handle people picking up work (validation) or not picking up work because they haven't been briefed in (trigger notification to manager) to help actually manage the validation of the acceptable of work by the individuals instead of having to follow up. This would remove a lot of chasing and admin.

Simon S.

Easy-to-use, convenient scheduling software

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

We schedule all our daily tasks with Resource Guru.

Pros

+ flexible scheduling features
+ clear and easily readable UI

Cons

- if a day has 8h30m available, and 8h15m are scheduled, and another task is added with a 30m length, it shows up as "30m on waiting list and 15m free" - in my opinion, it would make more sense to show up as "15m on waiting list and 0m free"

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Simon

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us :) When it comes to Overtime or Waiting list bookings, it isn't possible to have bookings partially on the waiting list as it would also be hard to display it on the Schedule. But in the meantime, you can add elastic overtime if needed, and drag the slider for overtime to 0 if the time should not be marked as overtime, but needs to extend availability. You can find more details in our help centre article here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942105-elastic-overtime

I hope this helps to clarify things for you, but please let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

Michelle

Brent J.

Maintaining High Resource Utilization through Coordination and Resource Guru

Reviewed on 23/09/2019

Overall Resource Guru has significantly contributed to our ability to schedule, review and plan our resources. We have increased our overall utilization of resources by using this product.

Pros

We like the ability to visualize our employee utilization on a company-wide basis while being able to generate other utilization views by department and resource type. This helps us determine any utilization gaps and plan for cross utilization to ensure overall high utilization of our resources.

Cons

I would like to see a few more customization features for how the system currently treats over-bookings. We would like to be able to over-book resources and it show their utilization at 100%+ rather than it showing the conflict and a lower utilization until the over-allocation is corrected.

Fauzi A.
  • Industry: Media Production

Resource Guru Makes My Daily Life Easier

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

Pros

I really love that it'll remind me what my schedule is like the night before I sleep. I feel at ease before I go to bed :) thank you!

Cons

I am not toop sure if there is such a feature already. However, it'll be best if I can match my personal calendars on match on Resourece Guru as well. I am an influencer and a writer. Therefore my hectic schedules may clash in and outside of work.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Fauzi,

thanks for sharing your feedback! You could subscribe to your Resource Guru bookings from your external calendar if you'd like to, because we currently offer a one way calendar sync feature which lets you send your Resource Guru bookings to an external calendar such as Outlook - you can find a walkthrough here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942091-syncing-resource-guru-events-with-your-calendar

Michelle

Kevin A.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Great for organizing teams of people and the resources they use

Reviewed on 5/02/2020

A vast improvement to the spreadsheet our organization used to use to schedule employees

Pros

User interface very easy to use, filtering options (for example showing only people, resources or any combination desired) very helpful, great way to see your whole team's at-a-glance schedule

Cons

external calendar (ie Outlook) integration could be improved. Booking holiday for multiple people/resources at once very easy, wish that functionality could be extended to non-holiday bookings

Brittany N.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Pretty Good

Reviewed on 2/12/2019

Pros

Its pretty user friendly. Not complicated to start implementing.

Cons

I find some of the defaults don't make as much sense and can cause unnecessary extra steps.

Luke M.

Time management made easy!

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

Pros

The tool really makes time management easy and extremely visual. It does away with ugly excel spreadsheets and with a neat UX, it allows for easy time forecasting whilst also enabling you to easily keep on top of your time expenditure! I genuinely love this tool.

Along with the tool, where there are areas for improvement, the development team are happy to listen and actually make changes based on feedback! I've provided feedback with a couple of times and both have been integrated into future updates - this is a company that listens and constantly develops for the users' needs.

Cons

Very difficult to outline any main cons, as like I said above, any issues I've had with the tool historically, they've been resolved!

If I HAD to provide one, it'll be how the tool works across different devices. It's not especially mobile friendly...but that's me scraping the barrel for a con.

Karl G.

Best SaaS tool we use in our business

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Pros

Resource Guru literally transformed our business. It’s a super simple, yet incredibly powerful scheduling tool. It was very easy to implement and there was no friction onboarding the team. We’ve even setup some automations using their API, which feeds the data into our operational reporting. If you’re looking for a resource management and scheduling tool, look no further than Resource Guru.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see them add is a ‘do this every time’ option when I am asked how to handle a clash, rather than making me choose every time. Our business is such that we have to rearrange the schedule A LOT, and it gets annoying having to select an option over and over when I’m switching people’s schedules and it’s only going to be a temporary clash for 2 seconds. That’s a very small complaint though. Other than that, the software is perfect!

Jean C.

Resoucre Guru Review

Reviewed on 23/08/2021

I am very happy with the product and the service. Do wish it was a bit cheaper as we are on south africa so it works out a bit more than finance likes to pay.

Pros

I love how eay it is to book. The reperating of project work and consulntans has made it so much easier.

Cons

It needs mor colurs to choose from, as I sometimes end up with duplicates.
Extracting of reports, would prefer to just extract one specifc report at a time.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Jean

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :) Did you know that you can apply any custom colours to your resources, projects and clients via our API? You can find all of the API documentation just here https://resourceguruapp.com/docs/api.

I hope this helps, but if you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to reach out; we're always happy to help!

Ed V.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Guru Review for you

Reviewed on 9/01/2020

The program solves our equipment and people scheduling issues. Our staff can book and pre-book.

From a business stand point I can quickly see ahead at how busy we are. I can run reports to see the utilization of our equipment and staff. This gives me some data I can use to see if more equipment or staff are required.

Pros

Cost. We don't have to limit how much we add to the schedule (people or equipment) because of the licensing cost. Because of that we use it more extensively and therefore get even more value from it.

Cons

The pictorial Guru and daily saying I like personally, but I have heard the comments from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that it takes away from the professional feel of the program.

Paul C.

Visual planning delivered

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

Pros

Visual planning helps me tremendously. Resource Guru has everything I need.

Cons

Lack of integration with Teamwork, I'd love be to see a two way integration that passes jobs/tasks/dates between the two tools.

Kiley S.

Resource Guru Is The Way Forward

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Have really loved using this software. It's been user friendly, informative, detailed and is a great platform to organise and structure work within out agency. I love the step by step guides when new features have been added and how the support team is readily available when-ever we need assistance.

Pros

I love how easily it allows one to pull reports and distribute work around the agency. You're able to trace ALL activity on the system so accountability becomes very simple. RG has helped us manage and allocate projects and work better

Cons

It would be great if RG could have reoccurring tasks as many of the projects we schedule are on a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis. I do understand that this is a feature the dev team are looking into, so we look forward to that becoming a live feature.

Filippo M.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organisation

A very user-friendly tool to plan your team activities!

Reviewed on 29/09/2021

Pros

I personally find very useful being able to schedule tasks for me and my colleagues in a way that is easy to compile and understand (no more multiple Google calendars for each project!). Very nice that you can also choose between having a time-based booking or specific time. In general most of the features are very user friendly and changes to tasks/events can be applied very quickly.

Cons

Unfortunately the mobile view is not very clear and it takes a few steps to go on the task-page. This means that most of the time I prefer going back to my laptop (when I can!) to insert tasks or check my schedule. An app that takes me with on tap to my task page would be highly beneficial in my day-to-day business.