Teamwork.com

Write a Review!
The only all-in-one platform for client work

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.3/5
4.4/5

Christopher
Christopher

My favorite project management tool

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

I used this for over 2 years and loved how easy it made it to manage projects at work. It was easy, at a glance, to see exactly what I needed to do for that day and what I had coming up.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience

Pros

Teamwork Projects had a number of amazing features that took it above and beyond other tools like this.

The way projects were setup was incredible. You initially setup the project, then the milestones and then tasks against each milestone. Each task can be broken up into sub-tasks which will automatically create a dependency for the parent tasks. However, you can also set a dependency between tasks too.

If you have a series of repeating tasks you can actually create these as a template so you can quickly add this list to a project. When you add this list you get to set the assignments and dates which allows it to be customized to each project.

The collaboration is another feature that is top notch. Comments will automatically be sent via email but Teamwork takes it a step further. You can respond to these emails with specific replies that allow you to manage tasks (such as create new ones, add hours to them or even close/complete a task).

Teamwork also has a chat platform built in. This platform allows you to manage tasks as well.

Finally, Teamwork Projects also seamlessly integrates with a number of 3rd-party platforms (like Google Drive or Slack) to make your life easier.

Cons

The initial setup and learning curve can be a little steep.

The other thing that can quickly be a problem is the amount of space you have available. If you are uploading a number of files for each project that space quickly fills up.

It is minor but an extra thing you have to manage.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Shayla
Shayla
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Teamwork improves project and task management

Reviewed on 29/05/2022

Our group is more efficient, task-oriented, and collaborative when we work together as a team. It's ideal for companies with a large workforce. As a result of its ease of use and adaptability, it's ideal for usage by a wide range of organizations. It's great that we can contact with the vendor via Outlook and the tool keeps track of what we say. On top of that, we've got all of the project files saved on the server.

Pros

This software's user interface is well-designed and simple to operate. Reports, calendars, and Gantt charts may all be created. This program allows us to work with a variety of file types. All members of the team will be able to more readily communicate with each other thanks to this program.

Cons

I have seen better user interfaces in other products, but this one falls short. While getting acclimated to the UI takes some time, managing and controlling project activities becomes much simpler once you have.

Sophie

Great for tasking, mediocre to terrible at everything else

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Teamwork excels at tasking and basic project management, but don't count on it for any company or portfolio insights and/or big picture views.

This is a good tool for small teams that worry about pipeline and traffic control but not for large interconnected teams that require account management, efficiency evaluation or budget oversight.

Pros

The UI is very intuitive and clear.
Actions around tasks have short paths to complete and work well.
The features for tasking are useful and easy to work with.
The knowledge base covers almost every topic and support is responsive, friendly and helpful.

Cons

The reporting tools are basically non-existent and any historical evaluation of data almost impossible.
Teamwork does not distinguish or allow to filter for late tasks historically, which means once a task/milestone is completed it becomes impossible to tell if that task was late or on time.
This makes tracking efficiency and employee performance impossible as we do not know if tasks are on time in general and where the bottleneck lie.

Similarly not being able to construct dashboards and manipulate data around time, late tasks, etc. for teams rather than projects hampers decision-making.

Compared to something like Celoxis or even Jira which for example allows to compare any data with custom scripts etc, Teamwork feels incredibly inflexible and dated to have to export excel sheets to manipulate and evaluate data.

Our account managers are not able to find out if they are doing good or not on a specific account as data can not really be filtered and displayed that way either.

monday.com, Adobe Workfront and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

Tool incompatible with teams.

Celoxis

Cost and team buy-in

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork.

We apologise for the issues you have experienced with our product. Could you email us at [email protected] so we can try resolve these problems?

Ihshan

Best free sharing service

Reviewed on 15/01/2024

Love if would receive free or paid software as it has helped me access files when my pc or mac is left on

Pros

Easy to use mobile app. Can access documents, folders and software from anywhere. Record and send videos. Control you host device.

Cons

Used by scammers more frequently and worried about ID and other information which can be accessed if you grant access.

Svend Bertil

An Easy-to-Use Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 20/01/2023

Overall, Teamwork is a great project management tool for teams that need an easy-to-use solution. It has all the essential features, and the user interface is quite intuitive and straightforward. The free plan is limited, so users may need to upgrade to the paid plans to get the most out of it.

Pros

Teamwork is an easy-to-use project management tool that allows teams to manage their projects with ease. It has intuitive features that make it simple to assign tasks, track progress and communicate with the rest of the team. The user interface is straightforward and intuitive, making it easy to navigate and find what you need.

Cons

One of the downsides of Teamwork is that it's not as robust as some of its competitors. It lacks advanced features such as resource management, reporting tools and automated workflows. Additionally, the free plan is limited in terms of features, so users may need to upgrade to the paid plans to get the most out of it.

Lisa
  • Industry: Accounting

Some great features for Time tracking, including dependent tasks and filter views

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

Pros

We love that our team tasks can have dependencies. Task 2 can not be started before task 1 if you choose to set up tasks with them dependent on others. We all get several hundred emails each week. The dependent task feature has reduced our need to email each other by 20%.

Cons

The set up instructions say how to use features but don't tell the reader why they would be helpful to use. We've been using the software for more than 6 months and we can't find a reason to use a handful of the features they highlight the most. When we've contacted support they were able to tell us how to use the features, but like the instructions they could not tell us what we might use them for.

Microsoft Teams, monday.com, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

We wanted to have Gnatt charts and dependent tasks.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com

Monday seemed to have so many options it was too complicated to determine how to set it up. Staff members didn't like the time tracking location in Wrike. The others were lacking features that were important to us.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we are delighted to hear you are enjoying our task management feature!

I've taken your comments about the instructions onboard and will pass them onto the team!

Dmitri

Teamwork is a daily too in our organization

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Great! We use it daily. We killed email communication pertaining to project work completely. Nobody is allowed to communicate requests for work in email. The workflow is to create a task in the correct project in Teamwork. If the output to be checked - it is a task in Teamwork, etc.

Pros

Ease of use, Flexibility, ability to have unlimited users for the same license fee. Timetracking aspects of it.

Cons

Inability to import project file (XML or alike). I.e., to use project management software and upload the project to create tasks and subtasks with assignments and dates.However, the other benefits outweigh this aspect.

Jira, Microsoft Project and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

It wasn't catering for all our needs. By now (from 2016), I don't even remember.

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com

It catered to our needs, and the ability to export, including the whole database. We are a business intelligence consulting firm, and we do business intelligence on our teamwork data as well.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hello Dmitri,

Thanks for your review - it's great to see a 10/10 rating!

I'll make sure to pass your suggestions for project files onto the team - they are continuously looking for ways to update our product!

Michael

Teamwork makes the Dream Work

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Every once in a while you discover a product or service that changes everything you do at your company. Teamwork was that product for us. Teamwork took us from a struggling agency that didn't understand its investment of time in our project work and that had no processes to speak of to a company that runs like clockwork.
We couldn't be the company we are without it.

Pros

Integration with other apps / software
Ease of use for team members
Ease of use for customers
Integration with email clients
Integration with browsers
The mobile experience is top notch
Cost effectiveness
Time tracking for team members
Integrations with Dropbox and Google Drive

Cons

Some minor limitations on template designs for projects but there are always work-arounds.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

Basecamp 2 had limitations and had a confusing interface for both our team members and our customers.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com

The software was a better fit for us.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Michael,

Our team will be delighted with this feedback and a 10/10 rating!

Don't forget, we are always available at [email protected] if you need anything or wish to submit a feature request!

Have a great day,

Jessica
Jessica

Teamwork is very effective in managing projects efficiently

Reviewed on 26/12/2022

Teamwork provides all the modules a business needs to manage all tasks on the move, and it lets us work on our projects properly and effectively while we're away from the office. In addition, it provides us with a comprehensive understanding of the abilities and limitations of each person, which is invaluable for assigning tasks.

Pros

Our company has found Teamwork to be the most useful and convenient web program for managing both projects and teams. The aforementioned software suite is what we utilize to plan and execute all of our projects, no matter how complex or numerous they may be. Our company has implemented a new system for assigning tasks and estimating how long they will take, as well as for approving those tasks, generating reports, scheduling employees, and rescheduling meetings.

Cons

The project management needs of my company and I have been completely satisfied by the collaborative software we have been using.

Rachel
Rachel

Teamwork benefits business and project management

Reviewed on 10/07/2023

As a result of having access to the ideas and solutions of multiple people, projects completed more quickly and with higher quality results when teams work together. Knowing that you have the support of your teammates is a great confidence booster when working together to achieve a common goal.

Pros

What I enjoy most about working in a team is when we have a set plan for how to accomplish our goals. It encourages team members to work together toward a single objective, and it establishes some semblance of order and predictability in the process.

Cons

When I was originally introduced to the site, I discovered that there was a slight learning curve associated with finding one's way around it. I was able to make better use of the platform's features once I developed my own method for organizing projects.

Eric
  • Industry: Publishing

More than Project Management

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

I've loved communicating with customer service at Teamwork from day 1. They're super-response—like, they're so quick to answer questions and offer help. We often use Teamwork Project in ways that aren't traditionally "project management projects," and so I've had to ask the support team at Teamwork how I might utilize the functionality to get the desired end results. And you know what? They've come back with solutions more often than not, even taking the time to prepare a demo that we'd web conference through.

Pros

• Teamwork is always innovating and releasing new features/functionality. And they are great at publicizing the new features/functionality, allowing you to beta test, and all the while it doesn't screw up the work you've been doing.
• It's cloud-based.
• It's packed full of things you'll likely never use, but because there's so much stuff, the core of what you use it for is that much better.
• The design is elegant.

Cons

• The exported reporting functionality isn't always as attractive as I'd like, but that may have changed since I last used it. Our team does use import/export for the management of tasks, and that's been a godsend for many of our projects. So, really, not too much to dislike.

Jira, Box and Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

It's been almost five years since switching. Basecamp was a legacy PM tool that we were using thanks to our partnering with another institution. Nothing really to complain about. If I recall, it was the additional functionality around what information could be included in tasks and the use of task lists that swayed me. At any given time our production team has 15–25 individual projects happening, all very similar in construction but each with its distinct timeline and with so many intersecting pieces (even across projects) that trying to do this with anything else would require some serious rethinking.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com

See the "Why did you make the switch" comment above.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the feedback on Teamwork Projects! We were so happy to see a 10/10 score from you - we agree, but might be slightly biased!

Features, features, and more features! Our team like to keep busy and innovative to bring our customers the best possible product, so we are glad to see that you like them!

Great news Eric, we are working on improvements for the export feature so bare with us and it will be better than ever before!

As a final note, thank you for the feedback for our amazing support team! We couldn't agree more, they are a fantastic bunch - and now are available 24/7! I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to the team!

Stacie

Incredibly detailed project management software

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

I used Teamwork at a larger agency I worked with before (13ish employees) so when I opened my own business I decided to use it again for myself and my co-founder. I find the email reminders particularly helpful so I don't have to pester my co-founder to get her tasks done on time. She was really impressed to see how I could create a task list and assign estimates to it so she could draft up a proposal knowing exactly how long it would take me to get a project done.

Pros

The ability to create subtasks, apply time estimates, set percentages on task completion, back-and-forth commenting area on tasks, ability to set milestones, the 'Everything' view to see what tasks are assigned to you, email reminders for upcoming or past due dates - they really thought about EVERY detail of managing a software or web related project.

Cons

I can imagine it being overwhelming for someone to get started with. I've been using it for years so I'm grown accustomed to it now, but you might want to watch a training video or have someone walk you through all the features, even if you only end up using a few of them.

Trello and Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

I used the Basecamp trial, but didn't realize how ridiculously expensive it was. Teamwork is MUCH more affordable, especially for a small business.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com

Has way more features than Trello and is way more affordable than Basecamp.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Stacie,

Thanks for leaving us a review of Teamwork Projects. I'm delighted to see that you have enjoyed our software and that it has helped by improving the way you work!

Onboarding to any new software can be quite daunting but we are working on some new and exciting ways to help with this! Our resource centre on our website is full of tips and tricks, alongside our knowledge filled support team! You'll find them at [email protected].

Nancy at Teamwork

Yoana

I like it overall, but it feels a bit dated

Reviewed on 27/08/2020

Teamwork is our project/clients headquarters. We keep all of our logins, tasks, and team communications in there and so far it's been a good solution for us and keeping all of our clients project specific material seperated. The daily e-mail reminders and task notifications keep our team running smoothly and aware of what's outstanding or coming up.

Pros

We've been using Teamwork as our project management tool for years.

For my client's needs, it's a pretty great PM tool. It's easy for us to add new projects, create a Logins notebook and then add any tasks that need to be completed, assign to the person that needs to do it and attach any details such as date due and how long they have to complete it.

I'm also able to add "saved" tasks lists so I don't need to re-enter my recurring tasks every time.

It's easy to add and remove team members as well as clients. Lately they've updated the Dashboard when you first login so it has this cool tab called "My Work" that shows me what's due on my list only (not the entire teams) and what's coming up (and also what's overdue if I didn't complete something). This is a quick way for me to see what's on my plate.

I love the fact that it archives projects, we refer to old projects frequenlty as the client needs additional work or an updated design, etc... and the new file sharing options are super helpful so we don't need to export a client file anymore and send it via e-mail, we can just send them the link.

It also has a great file version feature, so we can see previous iterations and keep them all together

Cons

The interface is now cluttered and clunky. It's not as sleek and clean as say Basecamp in its simplicity. I don't ever use any of the reporting features because they just don't make any sense and in my opinion are not easy to implement. It could be I need to take some of their training or something, but haven't had the time.

I wish it was a bit easier to create a project template and then update it. Because I have to hunt it down and remember where it is, my templates aren't updated as frequently as I would like. I also wish it provided more user guidance on setting up what I consider advanced features such as Gnatt charts and the new Kanban board interface.

Basecamp, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

We needed more features than Basecamp provided at the time.

Basecamp

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Yoana,

Thanks for such a detailed review of Teamwork - we really appreciate it.

It's great to hear you are enjoying our new updated personal task feature on our dashboard.

We are sorry to hear you've been experiencing some problems with our product - could you email us at [email protected] so we can investigate these further?

Tim

Simply the best

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Overall, Teamwork has completely changed the way our agency does project management. Collaboration, transparency and efficiency are all up and it's all thanks to Teamwork. Their Support staff is excellent and the software is wonderful.

Pros

Easy to use interface
Many integrations available
Reliable

Cons

File storage runs out quickly
Many features we simply do not use

Redbooth and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

Antiquated and outdated. Needed something more modern and robust

TaskRay

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com

Better price, more features.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying the integration aspect our product.

I've noted your issues with file storage and will pass this onto the developer team.

Have a great day,

Blake

Overall, the UI/UX wasn’t the best for our teams.

Reviewed on 16/06/2023

In all, our experience with Teamwork was a stressful one. We had requests daily from team members asking us to reevaluate the system and consider using a software with a cleaner and simplified interface.

Pros

I really liked the burn down reporting teamwork offers. This is a feature that is missing from many other PM softwares. I also really like the document management system, as it is very robust and allows for sharing directly with the client, which makes sharing plans and updates much easier that stressfully waiting on a reply to an email or having to convert files due to size.

Cons

The onboarding/team training wasn’t great at all. Team members were using the program differently, making project updating and monitoring a nightmare. The Gantt chart view wasn’t the most efficient. The task view was too complicated, and having to work with it daily became a huge challenge. The interface was too complicated, making information difficult to maintain for proper project management.

monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

We were hoping for a product with a more professional and feature-rich interface.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com

The majority of the team voted for Teamwork because if it’s robust reporting structure. This was during a time when we were really focused on ensuring the work we were doing was consistent with our customers’ expectations.
Adam

Great Value

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

It has been fantastic. It has plenty of features and they are always making improvements to provide even more value.

Pros

It is flexible and has allowed us to create processes that are critical to our operations. It has allowed us to standardize how we do things within the organization and be organized in what we do.

Cons

There are not a lot of customizations that can be done within the tool. It has a fantastic API that we have been able to leverage to do this.

Jira, Trello and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com

We needed a tool that had better features and collaboration.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com

It had all of the features we needed and had an amazing price.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Adam,

Our team are delighted with this 10/10 score, a big win for us! It's great to hear Teamwork has all the features you need!

I've noted your comments on customizations and passed them onto the support team.

Vinicius

Organized work

Reviewed on 2/09/2019

We used several other task managers before, but no one in the team became adapted. I had a great first impression of Teamwork, compared to others it has a interface much more inviting and enjoyable to use. And in 6 months of use we can see that they are continually making improvements.

We are happy with this choice and using it daily.

Pros

A quite complete task editing, can add tasks and subtasks, estimate time, billing, responsibles, and a lot other important and nice stuff. But what was really important for our team is the maintenance and display of time in the information of each task, the application generates a table, with the start and end time, and counts the total time invested. This feature is activated with a play/pause button; after a project for example, the user can display a report with all tasks done and the time accounted for each one of them, as well as the total assigned.

Cons

The home screen has a dashboard, although I didn't see much value in it, as you need to record every detail of each job for some minimally useful information.

Like other tasks managers, it doesn't do everything I need, and I end up using other applications.

It has a desktop timer app that is completely different from the platform design, it looks like from another product. I did not use it because I always have Teamwork open in the browser, and there each task has its own counter.

Trello, GitLab, monday.com and Bitrix24

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Vinicius,

Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects. It's great to hear that our software met your needs over others. We have worked hard to bring you the best features possible.

Our timing and task counters have become quite the feature in our software! We are sorry to hear that you need other applications for some needs. If there is anything in particular needed, you could always forward us a Feature Request over at [email protected] and our Customer Champions will have a look to see if it could be built into the product!

Mark

Finally found what we were looking for

Reviewed on 24/01/2017

GNGF is a digital marketing agency that only works with law firms across the U.S. At GNGF, we have been a TeamWorkPM enterprise level for over 5 years (and a TeamWork Desk user since it was first released a couple years ago).

We started out using Basecamp and it just couldn't meet our needs. One of the key things we needed was to be able to create different templates based on what services our clients had purchased. At the time TeamWork was the only robust online project management tool that could do this.

Once we dove in though, we found a lot of features we didn't even know were missing in our lives. For example, I couldn't imagine living without subtasks and recurring tasks now. We do track our time in teamwork which is very easy to use (love this on the mobile app). With hundreds and hundreds of projects across ourclients, we also tag a lot of things and filter and search using tags all the time. I also love the different ways you can handle multiple users on the same task.

Using the open API have also programmed a link between teamwork projects and salesforce clients and all user time entries are matched up to the correct employee and client and utilization and billable hours are able to be reported on right in salesforce.com, which, heavily customized, we now use as our internal agency dashboard.

I can't say enough about the TeamWork support team. From how-to and best practices help early on in our use of TeamWork, to incorporation of our ideas and use cases into the actual product roadmap, to quick updates and fixes by the API team to help us with our Salesforce integration, we wish all vendor support was this good.

Our account team works right out of teamwork desk to interact with their clients. Any issues requiring help by the team are just logged in TeamWorkPM and when the task is completed, the ticket is opened for the account manager to follow back up with the client. Best of all, the client doesn't even realize they are working in a 'ticketing system', it just looks like email to them which gives a much more personal touch.

We utilize box.com for document storage so we don't use the file features and we use the API to get time data and don't use the billing feature in teamwork so I cannot comment on those.

I have had many agencies complain to me over the years about their project management system and I always point them in the direction of TeamWork, months later I get many thank you emails.

Pros

The feature set is great for agencies with a lot of similar type of recurring projects. Project and Task templates, easy to use, robust features, time tracking built in, integrates perfect with their sister product - teamwork desk (support ticket tracking system).

Great open API (we use it to kick off project templates from salesforce.com and report time and utilization back to salesforce.com dashboards).

The support team is amazing, in fact everyone we have ever interacted with at Teamwork has been incredible.

Plus, when you look around, the price is incredible for the feature set.

Cons

We have a crazy amount of tasks per person across many projects and many clients. Looking across everything is a little cumbersome at times. You can look across projects, users, tags, etc. it just could be a little easier sometimes. I am really stretching for a negative here, but that is all I can really think about that I would want to see improved.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Mark,

Wow thanks for the amazing review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I've shared your comments with the rest of the team here at and we're all delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with the product.

We'd really be interested in doing a case study with you. If this is something that you'd be in to, please shoot us a message to [email protected].

Amanda

Best Project Management Software Hands Down!

Reviewed on 29/03/2017

In my last position our organization of 80 people evaluated multiple project management tools over six months. Teamwork was the clear winner. After we adopted this software the Teamwork staff worked directly with our team to help us find the best ways to use their tools and even made enhancements at our request! I've since used this software for two non-profits and my own company, founded just over a year ago. The choice was never given a second thought. Teamwork continues to make enhancements, they find ways to make their software more intuitive, and they add new tools regularly. Their service is exceptional. I send an email I get a response no later than the next day but usually in a matter of hours. There is no comparison to Basecamp, the tool I've seen other organizations use and the tool I was using before adopting Teamwork. Teamwork is far and above the better program.

Pros

Intuitiveness of all of the tools. Integration of all of the tools to work together. The appearance and flexibility to customize it for each unique organization. As an educated graphic and interactive media designer, I applaud the UI designers. Very clean, no-nonsense, where the design and placement of interactive objects don't get in the way of the use.

Cons

Love the new calendar. Would like to see how it could populate both ways to a Google calendar. This may already be possible and I just haven't explored it yet. Really can't think of anything, though.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Amanda,

Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that Teamwork Projects has had such a positive effect of your team's productivity.

Here's a help doc about viewing your Teamwork Projects calendar in Google Calendar: https://support.teamwork.com/projects/calendar/viewing-your-teamwork-projects-calendar-in-google-calendar. Hope it helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

We'd love to work on a casestudy with you and showcase it with our customers. If this is something you'd be interested in, simply shoot us a mail to [email protected].

Best regards,

Christina
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

This product has made my life so much easier

Reviewed on 30/03/2017

I am a big fan of Teamwork Projects! I am a UX designer and I had a problem in my company where all of my research files, notes, recordings, ideas, etc. were stored in a number of different places and I needed a way of keeping this information in a single place with the easy ability for other people to see it and to easily search and find what I need. Before Teamwork I would spend ages trying to track down files that I knew existed somewhere, or wanting other people to look at files that turned out to be saved on my local machine.

Since discovering Teamwork all of that has changed. It has such a clean and easy UI that makes it very easy to organise my work. The search functionality is great, and the licensing does not charge per user so I can give everyone from my company a login if they want. On top of that, Teamwork has a whole bunch of features that I didn't realise I needed until I used them, and now I could not live without them. Within each project I can attach files, I can forward emails straight into the messages section, I can add a list of tasks and check them off once complete, I can record deadlines and time worked on a project, and I can record any risks the project has with severity levels and impacts. I can even setup people from outside of my company and give them limited access to certain files.

Teamwork has amazing capabilities whilst being simple and easy to use. I really cannot recommend it enough. And at such a reasonable price for licenses I would struggle to find an equivalent competitor out there.

I have only given it 4/5 stars for features and functionality purely because there is one extra feature I would love to see (if I could have done 4.5 I would have but alas it does not allow half stars on this site). The only thing that is stopping the rest of my company from logging in and looking at all my files is that they need to remember another login. If they could add single sign on and allow it to integrate to other systems we use (such as the atlassian products) then I would be able to get many more people in my company using it.

Pros

I love how easy to use it is!! I can gather many different file types (including emails) in one location, and I know exactly where to go to find them later. On the off-chance you cannot find something, the search functionality is great. I spend most of my time either adding files, messages, notebooks or links. I don't often use the time or billing sections, but I can see how they would be useful to other people.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see improved/changed is I would like the ability to have single sign on with some other common tools, such as the atlassian suite. If people in my company did not have to have ANOTHER login to another product then so many more people would use it.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Christina,

Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I've passed on your feedback with the rest of the team here and we're all delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects. You'll be glad to hear that single sign on is really close to being released. So your team will be able to use it very shortly .

Thanks again for the great review. If you'd be interested in working on a case study with us just shoot us a message to [email protected].

Bassam
Bassam
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Easy to use, full of great features, budget Project Management Software

Reviewed on 6/11/2020

I have been using TeamWork for 6 years now, I am very happy with it, and new useful features are always being added, making the tool more and more helpful and efficient...

Pros

TeamWork Projects is an easy to use software, full of features to collaborate and manage projects. Notifications and customizations are very helpful. The ability to add users from different companies to collaborate in a project is amazing, and for me, it is an edge over other similar PM tools. The extended family of teamWork products also added great benefits. Integration with other software is also a big plus. And finally, the price for the subscription is very reasonable and the value for the money is on the upper hand...

Cons

The options to export the data or migrate data are a bit limited. Other than that, all features a project manager would need are present, being added or improved constantly...

Response from Teamwork.com

Hey Bassam,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork. It's great to hear that you are enjoying Teamwork and the extended family of Teamwork products!

We are delighted that Teamwork has had a positive impact on your consultancy's collaboration. Our team is constantly working to ensure that our product enables users to collaborate seamlessly.

We understand you note on data exportation. It would be great if you could email us at [email protected], so we can try resolve this issue for you.

Have a nice day,

Matthew

Couldn't live without this product to manage my business

Reviewed on 3/01/2018

Couldn't live without it to manage my daily business workflow. I couldn't be so precise with my time tracking either, which is important for billing my clients. I usually work solo, but recently have hired additional help. The collaboration tools are awesome. I also use Teamwork Desk to create a slick support system with help from other reps. I'm a small operation, but look darn professional.

Pros

Helps me manage all aspects of my business from workflow, to billing. Seriously, it's such a valuable part of my daily workflow, that there hasn't been a day that I haven't used it when working. Also, recently I wasn't super pleased with a couple of the changes to the timer, which is very important to my billing workflow. I make suggestions to support. They listened and updated the timer! It's a complete package. I know there are other options, but honestly, I'm not sure they're as complete. Oh, and they sent me some sweet holiday swag! I wish I could post pictures of me wearing it!!

Cons

The ONLY aspect that I am not the enamored by, are some of the "improvements" they push out in the spirit of improvements. All SASS products go through a similar life cycle. For example, the UI may not have been super sexy but I liked the ease of use of the task filters. It was basic, simple. They updated it, and imho, make it's less open and the UI isn't as friendly. The flip side to that is, they do listen when you submit feedback. In some cases going as far as modifying the product based on your feedback. For example, as stated above, they updated the task timer and it wasn't functional. It was a hot mess. BUT they modified it based on my feedback and now it rocks. Thanks guys for listening.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hey Matthew,

Thank you for your detailed review of Teamwork Projects.

Glad to hear you couldn't live without out products!

Regards,
Deborah

Brett
Brett

Productivity in full effect

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

Pros

Teamwork is great for not only a team of people, but for the individual user as well. I run a small accounting business and I'm my only employee. Teamwork allows me to set up tasks and projects that are both one-off tasks and regularly reoccurring tasks. As I check off the tasks that need to be done today, I can look forward to the rest of the week and get a good reminder of what is coming up. It also allows me to invite clients into the tasks so they can see the status of where I am at in a project we have agreed upon. They can upload documents, make comments. I can use a basic time-tracking tool to make sure I'm not estimating my time spent incorrectly. The extra time I have to spend upfront to get the tasks and templates created is well worth the time when a new client comes along. I don't have to recreate the wheel, or think extra hard at remember what I did last time. I can simply apply a template of tasks for any given project that is needed and we are set and rolling! This is one of the best tools I've discovered for running my practice.

Cons

For tasks that are set as reoccurring, their display of the tasks isn't the best. I click the task as complete and it immediately populates the next instance of that task right below the one I completed. I have to pay special attention to the tasks for this reason when checking stuff off. I have often checked the next month's task off after clearing the current one. When I uncheck the following month's task as actually not completed, it does not remember the future events that were created, thus making my task list look much larger than it actually is.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Shelley
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Teamwork Projects takes a village

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

It works okay for us. We are not a group of "techies" so the complexity of TWProjects isn't the best fit for our team overall.

Pros

Teamwork Projects is a multi-faceted project tracking/management app. We are able to communicate and track project progress staff-wide fairly well. Enjoy the in-app chat.

Cons

It seems overly complicated as there are too many ways to do the same things (is it a task? a project? a notebook? a milestone?), which means people on staff manage projects and view them differently, too many view options, too many custom/sort options. Menus change with each function you are working in, but it is not intuitive ("where the heck do I find the option to modify a template?". Searching for help provides results that do not match what we see on our end (there is no TEMPLATES tab within PROJECTS). I am an Admin and I still have trouble navigating.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Shelley,

Thank you for taking the time to review Teamwork Projects. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the progress tracking and our chat app!

I'm sorry to hear that the navigation is difficult for you and your team. Have you contacted our support team? They will be happy to talk you through the different methods within the software.

In regards to the different management styles, we have found that some companies have developed a guideline for their company when using the software. The software gives people the opportunity to work in multiple ways, so it's just about finding what works best for your company!

Our super support team can be found at [email protected] if you should need any help. I promise that they are the best in the business, or so they tell me anyway!

Have a great day!

An excellent, underrated PM tool

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Teamwork offers a huge amount of features for the price and is comparable to almost any other PM tool out there. The development team is very active and they are continually rolling out new features and listening to the community. Overall, Teamwork gets the work done. It may be a little clunky at times, but if you can overlook that aspect, you will find a very valuable gem in Teamwork as your main PM tool.

Pros

- The gantt chart feature really sets Teamwork apart from other similar PM tools. Being able to view the entire project from this perspective allows for quick and effective planning.
- Client accounts allow your clients to log in and view progress without seeing private information.
- Email-response messaging allows your clients to not even have a Teamwork account but still collaborate with your team.
- Internal time-tracking is a great addition to ensure the projects stay in scope, but also just to keep track of important metrics.
- Templates! Creating and managing template lists and tasks is a great way to get a project up and running quickly. This is, by far, the most useful feature of Teamwork!

Cons

- The desktop time tracking tool is not great at all. It's best just to use the browser-based time tracker (which is less optimal).
- The UI is a bit clunky and slow at times. It doesn't *feel* like a modern web application and, at least for me, it detracts from my productivity greatly.
- The commenting system seems to be very outdated. Very slow and the notifications are not very noticeable unless you enable email notifications.
- The mobile app is not built well at all. Notifications often do not appear, and just the overall appearance looks likes it is from 2010.
- The reports that Teamwork generates are not very detailed. A lot to be desired here, but good for a basic PM reporting tool.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,