4.6
4.4
4.9
Anwyn M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great product, stellar customer support

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

Pros

The Firmwater LMS product is incredibly intuitive and user friendly. We are able to easily keep track of our clients and specific users, and there was hardly a learning curve. We did multiple conference calls with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our Firmwater representative, who gave priceless instruction and suggestions again and again to get us set up. And that's what really impresses me; the customer support.
The longest it has ever taken to receive a response from their support team is still less than one business day. They are quick to respond, knowledgeable about their product and the authoring tools (I primarily use Articulate Storyline).
It would have been infinitely more difficult to set up our site without their instruction, advice, and hard work. Their help has been invaluable

Cons

I don't have any outright complaints. If a user is experiencing issues with the trainings we put out it's sometimes because they're using outdated software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been able to tell me if the user is on a mobile device and what browser and version they're running. It would be helpful if we could have that information.

Response from Firmwater

Anwyn,

Thanks for your kind words! We are happy to hear that we were able to help you get off to a good start with Firmwater LMS.

Regarding the info on user devices - this is a report that you have access to in the system. I'll give you a call to show you how you can access it! You can also find instructions in our help center (under General Admin Guide > Reports > Logins).

Best,

Josie & the Firmwater Team

Patty C.
Industry: E-Learning
Company size: Self Employed

It took a little while to learn it but now it's very easy to navigate it.

Reviewed on 3/10/2017

The most important benefit, besides very few if any user technical issues, is not having to personally deactivate accounts because the system does it automatically.

Pros

It has a lot of great features: Allowing a payee to send an invitation to someone else, easy access to the certificates after account is inactive, ability to send e-mails to participants reminding them of their time limit, automatically deactivating participants after a period of time, easy access to management to change participant's information (e-mail address), being able to resend invitations to start the class, easy access to view participant's information by management, and many other features that I can't think of.

Cons

There are only a few drawbacks or cons that we found: Some reports cannot be printed out using PDF.

Response from Firmwater

Hi Patty, thank you for a great, comprehensive review! We are very glad that our LMS features meet your needs and most importantly, that you find our LMS easy to navigate.

All of our reports, with the exception of 'Attempt Data Export', are available for PDF export. We encourage you to get in touch with our support team for more information about exporting reports.

Dax L.

A Very Capable, Cost Effective LMS Solution for Our Company

Reviewed on 30/06/2010

Overall, I would strongly recommend Firmwater to any small - medium sized business looking for a simple and effective LMS. This LMS is fantastic for training companies such as our own that resell training programs to other businesses. Firmwater provides a great service to our company.

Pros

Firmwater's LMS is very easy to setup and use. It is easy for us, as a training company, to add new clients, get them setup with an administrative account, show them the basics, and then let them do what they need to do. I like the customization options that we can provide to each new client (custom domain, company logo, etc.) with just a few clicks of the mouse.

Firmwater is able to effectively run and track the content that we upload (typically Articulate created elearning programs) with excellent accuracy and immediate response time. The multitude of reports on each user and piece of content is a great feature for us.

The cost of Firmwater's LMS is what really set them apart from other LMS providers that we researched. Their pricing structure allows us to maintain low overhead costs and remain ultra-competitive with our own pricing structures.

Cons

One feature that I wish was available within Firmwater was the ability to email users or send users reminders that their training needs to be completed by this date. As it stands currently, we have to generate reports and then export those reports to get a list of email addresses that have not completed a program.

I know that new features are constantly in development and the Firmwater team works hard to put out their best product possible, and I hope that this feature gets implemented somewhere down the road.

Response from Firmwater

Dax: Thanks for your review.

Our #1 customer enhancement request is for automated email notifications. The initial functionality is now available and added functionality will be available later in the year.

Russell W.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A top-notch training platform for training companies!

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Firmwater LMS allows us to offer our clients the unique ability have their very own, branded training portal. The ability to completely control the management of users, training content, reporting, training records, etc. are all very valuable features which has allowed us to win more contracts. Also, when things do go wrong, Firmwater LMS absolutely delivers on customer support.

Pros

The white-labeled training portal is a market differentiator for selling to our B2B clients.

Cons

Some of the standard features, such as free trial access and monthly subscriptions, are not available with Firmwater LMS. The feature of customizing training certificates is limited which can cause issues with regulatory requirements. Navigating and using the platform is not always user friendly and user mistakes can cause costly errors if you aren't careful. I don't care for having to rely on Firmwater staff to help me implement changes in my portal.

Response from Firmwater

Russ,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really strive for Firmwater LMS to help training businesses like yours to differentiate themselves in the industry.

Josie
Customer Success Specialist

Mieng L.

Great cloud LMS platform

Reviewed on 23/03/2017

We've used Firmwater LMS to deliver our security awareness training to customers that do not have their own LMS. The LMS enables us to whitelabel and brand the LMS for our needs and for our customers.

Support has been exceptional responding to questions related to the platform quickly and thoroughly.

I would love to see a refresh on the UI and reporting.

Response from Firmwater

Thanks for your review! We¿re happy to provide you with what you and your customers need and are glad to hear you¿re satisfied with support. Our team is currently working on some new improvements to both UI and reporting.

We always love to hear from our customers what their needs are and what they were looking to change. We will reach out to you soon to address what updates you were looking for in terms of UI and reporting.

Andrew K.

A Superior LMS for content publishers

Reviewed on 30/06/2010

I highly recommend the Firmwater development team and the Firmwater LMS to any content developer/training provider that needs a solution to deliver online training content. The LMS was designed with content vendors in mind. With the Firmwater LMS you can concentrate on your training content and let Firmwater handle the rest.

Pros

TPC maintains the largest industrial skills training library with over 640 hours on online content and many more hours of offline training material. We currently have over 200 online clients and are adding 3 to 5 new clients per month to our TPC Online (Firmwater LMS).

The Firmwater LMS makes administering so many clients and managing content between them easy. The LMS was designed from the ground up to support content publishers and handles complex tasks with ease.

From our clients perspective, the Firmwater LMS hides all complexity behind a straightforward interface making it simple to register users, create training assignments, manage users, and run reports.

Cons

It's difficult to think of any Cons regarding the Firmwater LMS.

Colin P.
Industry: Management Consulting

Can't Say Enough Good Things

Reviewed on 7/10/2015

Software has worked great since day one. When something is not right (every time it has been me not following the right process) support walks me through how to do it correctly. Great value for the money.

Pros

Customer support is excellent.
Great and easy interface

Cons

None to date. Every thing we asked for and more.

Cole C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Firm Water LMS

Reviewed on 21/10/2015

This was my first experience using an online LMS. The customer support was excellent and the staff went the extra mile to explain the system to a novice such as myself. Our client was happy with the product. All in all, a success story.

Pros

Customer Support, ease of use.

Cons

The online help section was not as specific to user level as it could have been, but the customer support made up for this con.

Industry: Real Estate

Firmwater Is Absolutely Dependable

Reviewed on 26/05/2016

I sell a digital product for real estate agents. My course is approved by the Florida Real Estate Commission for three hours of continuing education. I need a company I that will be totally honest with me, that I can absolutely depend on to serve my customer's needs. I know first hand, because they have served mine at that level.

Pros

Priced right. Exceed expectations every single time. Absolutely dependable.

Cons

None and don't expect any.

Jill H.

Simple, Great service

Reviewed on 3/06/2015

I really appreciate the simplicity of this software. It's great if there are different classrooms or courses with lots of different sections. The customer service contacted me about twice a week while I was doing a test run. The only thing I disliked was the spread of the administrator menu. It would be better suited if there were several buttons all in one tab. But this is personal preference.

Nathan P.

Great company to work with

Reviewed on 13/06/2016

First time LMS user and it has been easy to pick up. Customer support has been quick to respond and very helpful. Each update had made using their LMS easier.

Mary ann O.

Outstanding People and Customer Service

Reviewed on 20/03/2017

Beginning as a novice, I must have tried the patience to the limit of the customer support people. I cannot express how fantastic and supportive they have been. The most striking thing about working with Firmwater, is the time they have taken to walk me through the steps needed to satisfy my customers' needs. If it didn't at first work, they worked to make it work to my needs. I didn't have to fit into a cookie cutter program, instead it was adjusted to fit what I needed.
Would I encourage others to work with Firmwater?- in a heartbeat I would and have.

Pros

Works with what I need with an excellent reporting ability.

Cons

Not a con exactly, just that it offers so much that I haven't had a chance to learn it all.

Response from Firmwater

Thank you Mary Ann! It is always a pleasure to work with you and help you support your customers. We truly appreciate your kind words and your recognition of Firmwater¿s strength and key features.

Industry: E-Learning
Company size: Self Employed

The only reason I gave Firmwater a five star rating across the board is I could not rate them higher

Reviewed on 3/10/2017

My biggest surprise was the across the board competence of Firmwater's support team. I am not technically sophisticated, and a small company. They are not afraid to make better suggestions, and do what they say they will do. Their pricing is more than fair. The biggest benefit at this point in my growth, is I know that I can trust Firmwater to solve whatever problems come along and always have my best interest at the center of their support. My company offers online new home sales education to Realtors. Its all good. As it should be. If you are starting an e-commerce business, I highly recommend Firmwater.

Pros

Three things, as an ecommerce business:

1. Firmwater offers easy, fast and free access to Shopify
2. My customers have no problem with purchasing, access, or notifications
3. The price/value

Response from Firmwater

Hi David, thank you for the wonderful review! We are happy to know that you find our platform easy to use as that is what we strive for. We love being a part of your growth and supporting your journey.

Hal R.

Firmwater Review from the LMS Consultant and Entrepreneur Viewpoint

Reviewed on 26/03/2014

I have been involved in LMS procurement for a number of years, including work with the United Nations Development Programme, private sector companies and governments - in short, I have reviewed many LMSs and talked with many vendors.

We chose Firmwater for its laser like focus on companies like ours that sell online training and support certifications. I do not need to repeat the great comments from other reviewers; however, I would like to bullet some of the key features that make this LMS stand out from the pack:
Smooth Shopify integration
Ability to customize all messages to users and the certificate
The ability to setup (on the fly) any number of branded clients and provide resellers )or departments) with the ability to manage their admin back end
Many ways of register users (including time delimited memberships)
Locations that support geography and organizational structure
AICC support
Very flexible reporting

And yes, the best support I have received since working with computers in 1982.

Nadeen K.

Fantastic Working with Firmwater!

Reviewed on 24/09/2015

I am a sales associate with Peterson's Publishing. We just recently placed one of our sales programs online. Soon after doing so, some of our customers started to request online Demos of the program before making purchases. One was quickly created by Firmwater and we were immediately walked through the process. We were also privy to reviewing what our customers experience with the online demo would be like so we could attain both sides of the process (which was very helpful). I worked with Branagh O' Shaughnessy when I had any questions on how to navigate through the system. She was very knowledgeable and available to help at anytime. This has been a great experience so far and definitely not as intimidating as I initially thought. A very user friendly program.

Andreas F.
Industry: Education Management

A great software with awesome support included. Customer service as it should be.

Reviewed on 14/07/2016

We are offering education for pre-hospital healthcare professionals and choose Firmwater as our partner. Instead of developing our own software, we decided to cooperate with them. It was one of the best & most important choices so far. Despite the good and reliable software, Firmwater does offer an outstanding customer service. We had many requests and demands and yet, all of them have been fulfilled to our statisfaction. We are happy to know that they support our business.

Maxine G.

Firmwater, Rising Above the Competition

Reviewed on 14/11/2014

It has been an absolute pleasure working with Firmwater this past year. Our company specialises in providing medical teaching, and we had already been using a Shopify website when we started work on our e-learning projects. To find a company that integrates a top-rate LMS with our existing website was a dream come true for us. The Firmwater team are professional, friendly, and experienced; nothing is too much trouble for them. They were there every step of the way and effortlessly guided us through the launch of our new e-learning initiatives. I have no doubt that their continued expertise will see us through in many years to come as we grow the elearning side of our business. Thank you Firmwater!

David F.

My experience with Firmwater has been way beyond expectations. They offer real help in real time.

Reviewed on 18/03/2016

Firmwater LMS is on your side. Working with them gives you the feeling that they work for you, that you have your tech support team in place and that they are serving no other clients but you.

Before I made my decision to use Firmwater, i talked with consultants, and actually implemented three trial offers to compare the differences, before I made a final decision.

In my heart of hearts, I believe the reason I chose Firmwater, and know it was the right decision, is how they keep everthing including their procedure manual, simple, Nothing overwhelming for an older writer who can be easily overwhelmed.

Garry A.

Firmwater's LMS and the Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors (CANSI)

Reviewed on 20/08/2013

Firmwater customized their LMS application to support the needs of CANSI including membership, certification and courses. They also developed a new website that is both member-facing and public-facing. They took the time to understand our needs and requirements and fully met them, even those needs that we didn't fully understand at the time - they went beyond what you'd typically expect.

Their ongoing support is both proactive and reactive. They respond quickly to issues and the requirements for new features.

Garry Almond
Past-President
Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors
www.cansi.ca

Colin P.

Brandable LMS

Reviewed on 30/06/2010

This is an excellent product for anyone wanting to have a LMS for their organization.

Pros

Great system that lets me easily do all the task necessary to run a learning center for my clients.

I love that is is straight forward and easy to set up users, add a variety of materials and assign those resources. Staff has been able to set up new programs with little training.

Cons

None so far.

Bradley C.

Great product at a good price

Reviewed on 8/03/2016

We have been very happy with not only the platform, but the amazing (and patient) customer service we have received. As someone who does not speak tech, this is a very user friendly environment for your online training.

Garry A.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Firmwater LMS and CANSI

Reviewed on 22/10/2015

I'm the Treasurer and Past President of the Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors (CANSI) and also manage their National Office and computer systems on a volunteer basis. I managed CANSI's implementation of LMS a few years ago and continue to liaise with Firmwater for support and enhancements. Firmwater also developed our website (www.cansi.ca/en/).
Firmwater accurately understand our needs / requirements, customized LMS to track members, certifications and courses and exceeded our expectations.
Their support is prompt and meets our needs.
When we need enhancements, they meet our needs again.

Pros

Strong product and support. Great people to work with.

Cons

None! Firmwater continues to exceed our expectations.

Alan R.

The Firmwater Learning Management System - Easy to use and Extremely Powerful

Reviewed on 29/04/2014

I have been using the Firmwater LMS for over a year now and I have to say it is one of the best learning management systems I have used to date. It is easy to configure and they provide many options within the system both for small organizations as well as large organizations that have multiple locations and many users. The system is very fast and stable. I also use SCORM Cloud and the performance difference is not noticeable between the two platforms.

The best feature of the Firmwater LMS and my primary reason for using it is the ability to create branded instances of the LMS that are client-specific portals. The client portals are considered 'slave' instances to your 'master' LMS installation. The LMS allows you to grant access to content from a 'master' to a 'slave'. This means that I can have groups of users completely isolated from each other and only upload my content to the system once. When I make updates to my content, I only need to update it in a single place and then every one of my clients gets immediate access to the updated content without me having to update each client instance individually.

I also have to mention that their customer support is excellent. Any issues or questions I have about the system are responded to immediately and professionally. They have gone out of their way on countless occasions to help me provide solutions to my customers.

I have been trying to come up with something negative to say and (not) unfortunately I really can't say anything bad about my experience with the Firmwater LMS. Since I started using the system it has excelled at doing everything that I wanted it to.

Bruce D.

Trustworthy Partner

Reviewed on 8/08/2013

We've used Firmwater for our LMS since 2010--they've been an excellent partner in our efforts to grow our online training company. Here are my pros and cons:
Pros
Bullet-proof platform--we've never had a single issue of customers not being able to access content
SCORM compliant--which is critical as we market our training solution
Competitive pricing--Firmwater has proven a great value
Attentive account manager--we've had wonderful service from our account team
Cons
No ad hoc curriculum development--Firmwater's LMS solution does not allow the client to build, tweak, or rearrange the learning modules in a self-service environment. It requires the help of a Firmwater account manager

Response from Firmwater

Regarding adhoc curriculum development, we recognize that this is an area of the product that we need to improve.

Today, you can rearrange items in existing activities and add static content (ie. PDF) to an existing activity through the user interface. However, the user interface does not permit you to add SCO's to an existing activity at present.

We do have the ability to craft multi-SCO activities using extensions to the SCORM imsmanifest.xml file. This functionality requires an understanding of SCORM's XML which is fine for the more technical user who makes regular use of that functionality. For users who are not as technically oriented or have an infrequent need, we provide them with this capability via our support team.

Susie C.

Outstanding customer support - Kinda goes above and beyond

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

Pros

Firmwater is intuitive and easy to manage. What I've been most impressed with is their customer support. Over the past few weeks, I've reached out to our support personal several times. Not only has she helped me work through things with above and beyond Firmwater - helping me troubleshoot files and find answers.

Cons

I don't have a ton of experience working with the software yet. Everything I have worked wiht has been very easy to understand.

Response from Firmwater

Hi Susie,
thank you for this fantastic review. We do pride ourselves on our Customer Support and are very glad to have Kinda Nehlawi as part of our Customer Success Team. We are looking forward to working with you as you get to know the LMS.