Sage Accounting Reviews

Magdalene
Magdalene

Sage Business Cloud - Cannot Do Business Without It

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

Pros

I love the fact that my clients and I can share the same system in different locations. It also has an app that I can use on the go for invoicing and quotes.

Cons

Currently, I don't have any grips with the system.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

I have been a Sage Pastel user for over a decade. when I heard that there was a cloud-based system available that offered such powerful, yet simple to use features, I had to give it a try. I have not been disappointed.
Gail
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Sage for Small Companies

Reviewed on 21/03/2024

Big thumbs up in all. I love using your product in the main.

Big thumbs up in all. I love using your product in the main.

Pros

Ease of use.
Speeds up reporting.
I have worked in a large organisations previously and this software generates the reports I was used to seeing as standard. They are standard in my chosen package.
You can call up latest bank detail automatically from your bank.
Monthly payment option to use the software.
Instant access even when you are out of the office, via the app, for viewing status of invoices.

Cons

Cost increase every year without option to debate it.
I do not need anything more than I have been using in the original package. I only use this software for convenience and could do all the work manually.
The bank feed has failed a few times. Support has always sorted for me but it is always inconvenient to have to trouble shoot and takes time to sort.

Just don't

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

I wanted to use Sage business accounting cloud for basic bookkeeping and I couldn't even do this....

My experience was of utter frustration. Not only with the lack of capabilities and difficulty in using the software but even worse, with their billing department. I was charged the wrong amounts every single month. Clients were charged for software that they didn't even use. Some clients were charged for software that I had already paid for. Nobody in accounts could fix it. Not even the directors were able to fix it. What an absolute disaster. I am absolutely at a loss as to how they are still in business.

Pros

The sage logo hinted that it may be similar to their line 50 product. Oh, how wrong I was.
There is quite literally nothing good I can say about this software, their customer support nor their accounts and billing team.,

Cons

It falls way short of functional. It couldn't be further behind the competition if they did nothing.
Essential features like repeating invoices were missing.
You can't pay with or receive into the director's loan account.
You are restricted in the number and type of bank/cash accounts you can have.
Fixing anything is a mammoth task
and even then, it doesn't actually fic the issues.

Michael
  • Industry: Wholesale

Sage Accounting Review

Reviewed on 21/03/2024

Pros

Very easy to use. Intuitive. On the rare occasions I have needed to contact customer services they have been very helpful and always sort my query.

Cons

When integrating from sage 50 accounts product quantities did nit integrate.

Matt

ITA A GOOD PACKAGE

Reviewed on 13/03/2024

Pros

ONLINE MEANS I CAN USE ANY COMPUTER UNLIKE SAGE 50 WHICH WAS COMPUTER DEPENT

Cons

NOTHING ITS A GOOD PACKAGE I CANT FAULT IT

Casey
Casey
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Do not purchase

Reviewed on 26/11/2023

Horrible experience, hard to use, does not integrate, way over priced

Horrible experience, hard to use, does not integrate, way over priced

Pros

Nothing, hard to use, does not integrate with other programs

Cons

Everything. Worse product for accounting ever

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

Other employee wanted it said it was easy to use and she knew how, that was a lie
Andile
Andile

My professional side hustle enablers

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Pros

Banking connections, this and the ease of allocation of transactions, I can track my spending habits and allocate my incomes with ease.Bookkeeping should not be hard and the solution makes sure it's a breeze.

Cons

I'm not sure it's this is a thing of the past... But I have multiple bank accounts linked and transfer between accounts can be be very complicated and you can easy duplicate transactions.I really don't like the idea of paying for add-ons such as cloud space. I think the more functionality required the more this can become expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

I think pricing for basic bookkeeping functions, it's still the most reasonable.
Jeff
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Small Business Sage Cloud Accounting

Reviewed on 12/03/2024

Excellent, I am always surprised each time I speak with one of your support desk team, just how charming, patient and informed they are.... don't ever change that please. Im a fan .

Pros

Simplicity and exception support staff, well trained and friendly

Cons

wish it had easier search options, that it would recognise more key words when seeking a specific transaction.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

reputation and confidence that I had a recognised brand
Muhammad
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Sage Accounting

Reviewed on 12/08/2023

Pros

Sage accounting is very helpful accounting solutions for small and medium size enterprises. Where all accounting and tax related features easily available.

Cons

Software sometimes can be slow which can affect productivity

Denissa

Sage! For the mass!

Reviewed on 6/06/2024

Pros

Using with this Sage accounting in the office, is such a big help to us. It really helps especially reporting time, it made our task and duties more easily to do. My salute to the developer of Sage Accounting!

Cons

At first it's uncomfortable to use since I'm a newbie, but time goes by and I found out that it is easy to access and navigate the functions and everything you want for.

Andy

A good all round accounting product, good integration, but pricey as the users increase

Reviewed on 22/11/2022

We replaced Sage50 with Sage200, and also Sap B1 was migrated to Sage200, with the help of Sage partners at TN4 this was a relatively pain free migration in all cases, and they all worked well to meet our timescales and requirements, as well as helping us find other partners to integrate Sage200 with other related solutions such as barcode scanning, shipping, and MRP solutions that are not in Sage out of the box.

Pros

This software does everything a small, medium or relatively large sized business would need. The backend database is SQL server, so it's fast and well structured, and we found lots of modules and external products integrate well with it.

Cons

Implementation and training needed external consultants to do it at scale and at speed. The licence model is per user, so as soon as you start adding quite a few employees the cost of running the software gets rather pricey, though it's comparable to SAP B1 for example. We used our own servers to host the application and database, and although it's called "cloud" it's really not, but perhaps in the future.

SAP Business One

Reasons for Choosing Sage Accounting

Sage50 could no longer cope with the number of transactions due to its outdated database setup, and SAP B1 was migrated across when we acquired a business that used this but needed to be integrated.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

We already had Sage 200 Business Cloud Accounting so it was logical to migrate everything into this, also SAP B1 was slightly more expensive.
Mahir

Awesome Accounting System if you can afford it!

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

The overall experience is definitely good and it's worth every penny if one can afford it.

Pros

Sage Accounting application improved our efficiency and business processes by much. It's features are integrated and there's no functional flaws at all; we can trust it's reports!

Cons

When you have 10+ users, it'll be a bit expensive to maintain Sage. Besides, initially the learning curve to get accustomed to it's features may take some more time for the traditional ERP system users

Infor OS and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Sage Accounting

NetSuite was very very expensive to maintain and also it's product support team was very slow to respond.

NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

Sage has all the features that we necessitated and it was within our budget
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

A saviour for start-ups and SMEs! Sage is like a digital CFO

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Pros

Features! The wide array of features from automated invoice generation, reminders to follow-up actions, report & analytics generation for sharing with shareholders or investors, etc. make sage a must-use for small and medium enterprises. Cuts down unwanted bottlenecks in finances, payroll, while saving significant costs and downtime.

Cons

Pricing is a bit steeper compared to alternatives. Although the premium pricing is justified by sage's product, I feel it is still not accessible to early stage companies. Maybe, a specific plan focused on start-ups offering only limited features that start-ups use on a day-to-day basis would be fantastic.

Simon

Reviewed on 27/09/2022

Excellent, the more you learn about the software the more possibilities to improve your business, an all in one package.

Pros

With starting on a new venture it was imperative to start off with the right software, Sage gives us everything we currently need in terms of invoicing, banking, ensuring all payments (in & out) are allocated, plus the flexibility to set up your own product codes & pricing structure specific to our business.

Cons

I would like to see a word search feature included in the invoice and purchasing section, rather than have to go through individual invoices to find the product I am looking for.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

Used Sage when working in another industry so familiar with some of the processes.
Kerry

Sage review

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

Pros

From AutoEntry to sage accounting to sage final accounts.
I like the bank feed within sage accounting - all time saving.

Cons

Bulk nominal changes would be a good addition. Otherwise I have to go into each individual invoice

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

Mainly the support I get from the team at sage. I can always get hold of someone to answer queries.

Response from Sage

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the great feedback and glad you're loving your accounting product.

Very best wishes

Vishal

Can definitely Work with IT!!!!!

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Ability to meet the objectives of the finance department and make the workflow alot easier in terms of maximizing the efficiency

Pros

The ability to integrate with other Sage solutions was great. We had some other 3rd party solutions which needed to be integrated and the ISV already had integration points available

Cons

The price was a little off but we if you need the solution its worth the extra cost

Dynamics 365 and Acumatica Cloud ERP

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

The great reviews and i have a couple of other professionals who recommended it to us
Cathy
Cathy
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Simple to learn, gives you great data

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

I started a new job and I was up and running on invoicing at the end of the week, by week two I was able to post cash. It did take a little bit of time to familiarize myself the reports and with the general ledger. When I covered accounts payable it was also very intuitive. One of the most intuitive computer systems I have worked with ever.

Pros

The company I got a job with a few years ago used Sage, I was apprehensive about learning a new computer system but Sage was easy. It was intuitive if you have a little experience and accounting knowledge. It gives very great reports and gives you a lot of basic detail. I like.the fact that you can drill down to give various information.

Cons

There were a few times that I wish there was an online help to explain a few questions. There are a lot of reports and I feel like you may have to look at several reports to pull some advanced details.

Haba
  • Industry: Newspapers

Good and easy software.

Reviewed on 5/03/2024

Pros

Very easy to setup and use it. Nice and intuitive UX. A lot of good and useful features "ready at your fingertips"

Cons

Sometimes the loading speed is very very slow.

Accounting Seed
Martin

I really like Sage Accounting

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

I find it easy to use, and it helps me to keep an eye on the finances and in turn help to make decisions to intern grow the business

Pros

I find it simple to navigate and its intuitive

Cons

I wish it had on the summary screen "this financial year" option

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

I just found it simpler ann cleaner to use
Olivia
  • Industry: Banking

Secret experts use Sage Business Cloud Accounting.You should try it.

Reviewed on 26/09/2023

Time saving.This software simplifies work in an ordinary way.No room for mistakes while using this softwareSage Business Cloud Accounting has sparkled my work.Its efficiency and flexibility magnifies your work.

Pros

The most incredible things about this software is it's phenomenal features that tracks all the expenses in an awesome way.All financial reports are arranged perfect.And if billing is what you love most then this software is your missing piece.invoive processing is simple, successful and enjoyable while using Sage Business Cloud Accounting.

Cons

It has really been effective on my work.its user friendly sono struggles customizing anything.Right choice so I have no problem with this versatile software.

Johan

Sage One - Good for a Chicken Farmer in Zimbabwe

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

No comment, as it was developed by Pastel and not a lot of effort was placed in developing a descent accounting platform.

Pros

Sage is very cheap, but with it comes a entry level accounting platform. Definately not a Rolls Royce like Microsoft Business Central.

Cons

Uploading and deleting items and customers and suppliers. Very entry level. This product does not come close to Business Central. Sage is more an accounting platform for third world countries.

marie

SAge Cloud Accounting

Reviewed on 24/05/2023

We really like Sage business cloud and have the payroll too which is good that its all in one place,

Pros

We moved from Sage 50 accounts to Sage one around 2 years ago when a member of the team left and it has been beneficial as we can log in no matter where we are and complete our work. It is also very easy to use and quick to train other people on.

Cons

There is still work that needs improved and coming from Sage 50 that had alot of reports and functions it is hard to not have them.

Dillwyen

Good product BAD after service

Reviewed on 18/07/2022

Great software until you encounter problems. Then it becomes useless because of the lack of support.

Pros

Easy to use... when it is working. Interface very modern and quick to jump between the menus.

Cons

No after sales. Lots of departments passing the buck. Any software is only as good as their support.

Response from Sage

Thanks for the feedback Dillwyen,

We'll pass on your review to our customer services department. Should you have any further issues with after sales support, please visit this link:

This is the first port of call which will hopefully answer any questions you might have before having to call our customer services team.

Very best wishes

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organisation

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

Pros

This software was extremely easy to set up and provides excellent access for multiple users. Date entry is very simple and less repetitive than other software I've used. The online chat feature is excellent for solving simple problems or getting help when you cant find what you need in the available online resources.

Cons

Two things need attention. One is the ability for a charity to set up HST receivable in a simpler manner. The other is the ability to contact someone to solve a problem. Support is managed through online chat and it is very difficult to speak to a live person. I've had an issue caused by a glitch in the system and have been unsuccessful in solving the issue for the past 9months.

Cost
RAEGAN
  • Industry: Utilities

Great Platform

Reviewed on 2/01/2024

I have enjoyed using this software over the years and customer service has been reasonable.

Pros

I like the stability of the program. I have been with Sage for over 13 years and previously with Peachtree. It has been very reliable.

Cons

I am not a fan of the appearance. I wish it had more features and was cleaner visually.