Asana

4.5 (12,594)
Write a Review!
The work management platform to organize work across teams.

(12,594)
4.3/5

Luis
Luis
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Asana in data analysis

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

The use of this software for more than 2 years has allowed me to exploit it in different branches such as data analysis where the data obtained can be appreciated from a more simplified point of view.

Pros

I find it a very intuitive software that simplifies processes and allows you to organize data quickly and easily through graphs, charts and trends. Being able to connect with Power BI, allows you to give more complete reports.

Cons

Asana does not have the same functions as a software specialized in data analysis, however for other uses such as project management in general it is very economical and fast.

Keshia

Gamechanger

Reviewed on 12/04/2024

My experience has been amazing- I love the software and how much it has helped me be organized.

Pros

I love the fact that I can use Asana for my personal and work tasks in addition to collaborating with my colleagues who are in other states. It's been a great tool to help us move projects forward together and know where projects are in an instant.

Cons

I thoroughly enjoy Asana and haven't found anything I don't like about it yet.

• Industry: Accounting

Too Basic to adapt to my industry

Reviewed on 11/04/2024

Asana is not my favorite task manager but it is the most universal software I have use. Ideally, I would like only one software to manage everything. I do see Asana growing and adding more to its features in the future. They have potential.

Pros

Asana can easily integrate to several different softwares. Its also highly customizable to meet anyone's task management needs.

Cons

Asana is very limited in its capabilities. In need to use a different software for secure file storage, and meeting scheduler. The AI features are still in the development stage I am hoping they can add more features in the future.

Faz
Faz
  • Industry: Information Services

Brickflow loves Asana

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Fantastic so far! Love the UI/UX and also love the integrations great for our company!

Pros

We love the integrations and how seamlessely it auto saves everything we do. We love how easy it is to collaborate and how well thought out the UI/UX is. We also love prioritisation features and how forms filter in so seamlessely

Cons

We would like some Jira like features like tickets to be built in rather than using customisation as a means to create a system like it.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Just felt integrations and also workflows were better on Asana

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Just had better usability and better UI/UX
Shalonda

Asana for Supply Chain Management

Reviewed on 6/05/2024

Pros

The easy of using it. Its not super difficult

Cons

Of you duplicate the same task, and the. delete it, it also messes up the original.

NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Because of NetSuite's high cost. Which was $100,000 and we are not that big in business yet.
TANILLE
  • Industry: Maritime
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Asana has replaced every calendar, to do list, budgeting spreadsheet, and time cards.

Reviewed on 3/05/2024

It is brilliant software for any business. Time and resource management are the arteries and veins of this program.

Pros

Within a few hours, I was able to build out a heavy project from start to finish. I can adjust easily along the way. It is shareable with stakeholders, the team, management, and sometimes inspectors. As a manager, I fall back on Asana for every project, big and small. I've used it on 500k projects, and I've also used it for exercise routines, party planning, and even a personal 5-year plan.

Cons

It should be affordable for single use. Perhaps offer five projects a month at $6.99 or cheaper for individuals who want to use the software for personal projects outside of work.

James
James
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

platform that improves my work performance

Reviewed on 12/04/2024

All my work performance improved and I have had a much better organized organization of each project for my peace of mind that I complete all my tasks within the correct delivery time.

Pros

Project delivery times have been much easier to meet since we worked with Asana, it has been a good tool to work as a team that is much more organized with each task assigned to each one, having responsibility for each task and improving performance. I can be in multiple projects and work on them at the same time and thus correct the changes that must be made with the constant monitoring that can be done.

Cons

Maybe I want them to improve customer service, it's not bad, it's just that they take a while to give answers.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Does the basics well

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Positive but I have had to limit my expectations of what the system does for my business to just task management

Pros

Excellent at task management for me and my team

Cons

Would like to be able to capture more detail. Eg auto log emails

Clean Views of Projects

Reviewed on 22/04/2024

I love the structure it provides for organizing projects, it's for sure worth the money and helps our teams stay on track.

Pros

My favorite aspect is the structure in which projects are organized.

Cons

I wish there was a better time tracking feature within the platform

• Industry: Telecommunications

Integration and Analysis, rolled into one!

Reviewed on 1/04/2024

Pros

I appreciate the integration with slack and how it notifies me of assignments and tasks that need to be due. That, and data from task lists can be exported into microsoft excel, so one could run analysis on it.

Cons

The frequency at which I'm notified for tasks could be a bit higher.

Enya
  • Industry: Law Practice

Asana keeps me organized!

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Switching to Asana made it easier for me to set goals, track my progress, and stay ahead of the game when it comes to managing my case load.

Pros

Asana helps me keep on top of the tasks, due dates, and sub-tasks that I need to be getting done. Unlike other case management/time management software, Asana actually works! Being able to see everything in one place helps me be able to better prioritize my tasks and make sure nothing slips through the cracks.

Cons

This is a very small thing, but one of the only things I have found that I do not enjoy is when I am on my list of tasks I am unable to move all tasks within a Section at once. I can move the Section title, but then I need to move every task individually. I wish I could drag and drop things around in batches.

Airtable

MyCase

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I chose Asana over the other case management softwares that we tested out because Asana was by far the easiest to learn, the easiest to understand, and the more user-friendly one to navigate.
Maria

Good software with room for improvement

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Asana is a recommendable tool for task management with a very comforting surface. It is easy to handle and set up projects, tasks and teams. It though lacks some useful features that other task management tools like JIRA or teamwork offer.

Pros

Asana is very well designed and has a really nice optical appearance.
It helps to structure projects, timetables and priorize tasks in an easy understandable way.
It offers a good mobile solution with the Asana app.

Cons

Although it regularly sets up new features and helpful improvements, some features that are essential to me are missing:
- The overview of my tasks is a list that can not be sorted in many ways. It only offers to select from project, due dates and likes. I would prefer a sorting by due date connected with the priority of the tasks or due date connected with projects. As I often have up to 15 or 20 tasks per day it would be great to sort them more accurately.
- I miss the possibility to priorize tasks independently from their project. E. g. a task is assigned to my within a project and marked there with the priority medium. It though has high priority among my personal due tasks.
- Dependencies (not sub-tasks) cannot be set between different tasks. I would like to have the possibility to set a task as dependent on the completion of another task.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Todoist did not offer enough features and our new marketing manager has been using Asana for some time so he pushed a software change.

Todoist

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Better user surface, easier to understand, already experiences with Asana. JIRA though is used for IT tasks.
Ciera
Ciera
  • Industry: Media Production

Best Platform for Project/Team Management

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

Initially it was a bit overwhelming to set up and sort through all of the features and uses, but once you work with your team and figure out a system it is hands down the most useful and intuitive workspace / task management platform. There are always new features and integrations to be learned which is great to experiment and use as you grow with the platform.

Pros

The best part about Asana is how customizable it is in so many different facets, you can really tailor it to the needs of your specific team and project. The amount of functions that it has and its ability to integrate other apps and services within it makes it extremely versatile and intelligent once you customize it to all of your needs. I also enjoy that there is a mobile app version.

Cons

With all of its endless functionality tools - it can be a bit daunting in setting up the ideal layout and structure of use for your team. There are so many options and features that can make the software seem almost too sophisticated and complicated for everyday use. Not exactly user friendly up front, but once you figure it out and are patient in working out tailoring your workspace it is very useful and covers all bases.

Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We needed a platform that was a little bit more in depth and had more features and options for integration. Our team did not seem to sync with Trello so we made the switch.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Overall product reviews, feedback from others who have used Asana, and the number of features and functionalities.

Response from Asana

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ciera. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us and we're glad Asana fits your team needs!

Setting conventions with you team can be a helpful way to make sure everyone in your team is aligned and working by the same principles. If you haven't yet, I'd recommend checking out this handy post we put together to help you set conventions with your team: https://asa.na/701. We've also put together some handy resources in our Academy (https://asa.na/704), and Community Forum (https://asa.na/705) to help you started with Asana.

And if you have any follow-up questions, or if we can help with anything else, feel free to reach out, whether it is via our support team or community forum, we'll be more than happy to help!

Asana for Digital Agencies

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

I solved the workload of every member of my team and the priority of each task. I was able to have a clear and open vision of the situation with each client and deliver their requests on time. It was very helful to us.

Pros

I used Asana for 1-2 years while I was working on a Social Media Agency. It helped me a lot to organize my team. I was able to track all the tasks in their differents stages and also I could know the workload of every member of my team.
Also I integrated Asana with my Gmail and created tasks from there, very easy and quickly.

Cons

When I started using Asana, I had trouble copying and pasting images directly from the email body. Then when they achieved integration with Gmail, this was resolved.
Also, email notifications were quite annoying until I learned how to disable them. Maybe they could add a feature to only send email notifications for important tasks.

Phabricator

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Because it was easier for the whole team to understand how it works. The visualization of the tasks is friendlier than the Trello cards.
Brandon
  • Industry: Accounting

Asana is the one!

Reviewed on 5/12/2020

Pros

Asana is super easy to use. We have been using it for a few years now. I did a free trial for Monday.com, Smartsheet and Asana. After testing all three the choice was obvious and clear. Asana was the best in my mind. From it being so easy to learn how things work and the way everything looks in Asana vs the other tools I tried, Asana was the no brainer. We are on the Business plan which I would advise anyone to use. The rules are simple to create for automation of task assignments, statuses and lots of other things.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about this software.

Jira, monday.com and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana is way easier and the outline of they way things are is superior.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I feel Asana is superior to all these. There may be some aspects that Asana can't do that the others can. But I feel Asana is so much easier to learn than the other ones. So I felt it would be easier to get the rest of my team onboard. I think the company has a great vision for what the future of team collaboration looks like.
Syamir
Syamir

Practical way to manage my daily task and project

Reviewed on 3/02/2021

Overall, Asana is one of the most complete Project Management that i ever tried and use. Increasing our effectiveness in planning and tracking a project progress is never a issue with Asana. Deploying a complex project is possible with the help of Kanban method to help us plan the project carefully with visual aid.

Pros

I really like that my team and I can collaborate on project and task easily. The Gantt chart let us to planning a project effectively as we can visualized the activities that related with the project. Resource space has unlimited size that we can add to the project and view which project is dependable or assign to the resource.

Cons

There are not much downside that i can thinking while operating this software. The feature is well build and really responsive with my need in completing my project and daily task. The only thing that i think that they should improve is the video tutorial, there are some of the feature that not covered by the video tutorial.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Wrike need too much integration to have a complete project management. Asana is a solution for all-in-one software.

Wrike
Louis

Empower a manager to take on larger teams and projects

Reviewed on 24/04/2021

I could not run my business without ASANA. We develop software for a living. It is the SINGLE most important tool that we own. I would go back to coding in notepad. If it would allow us to keep ASANA.

Pros

Asana provides a solid interface that empowers me as a manager to manage more team members more efficiently. This software provides time-saving resources by allowing stakeholders to get their own project updates and track the project's progress without interrupting the team executing the project.
It provides:
- Many ways to plan and manage
- A clear view of the task load on each team member
- Time planning to keep projects on deadline

Cons

Asana provides so many ways of doing things that every person who sets up a project can do so in a unique way. This requires a clear organizational strategy from the start.
The issue:
- Multiple ways of achieving the same outcome
- Confusion on how to work within different project structure approaches

Important to note: These cons are primarily a result of poor onboarding. They are not the fault of the software or ASANA directly. My encouragement is for anyone implementing this project to plan and test projects with a very small number of team members. Only once the entire organization can be trained to create and manage projects according to your prescribed workflow should the software be opened up. You must engage with ASANA's guides early. As well as plan and provide training every employee to see the best ASANA experience.

Basecamp and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Our previous software for project management had an extremely limited tool set.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Asana

The freemium approach made it easy to try. Once we dove into it and built several projects. We saw success. It was a no-brainer to continue forward with the product. We onboarded everyone very quickly (too quickly) and saw immediate gains in productivity and morale. There is much satisfaction to be gained by checking of tasks and seeing how much you accomplished each week.
Mike
Mike

Asana: The Best Way to Stay Organized

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

I really like the features that Asana offers. I especially appreciate the ability to create tasks and subtasks, as well as the option to add attachments to tasks. This makes it easy to keep track of everything that needs to be done for a project. Additionally, I love being able to assign tasks to specific people and set due dates.

Pros

I love how Asana is always up to date with the latest features and updates. It makes it easy to keep track of all my tasks and projects in one place. Plus, the support is amazing! They are always quick to respond to any questions or concerns I have.

Cons

I don't like that Asana doesn't have an undo button. Sometimes I make a mistake and need to undo it, but I can't. I have to start all over again. Or it's hidding in a not so logical place....

Trello, Microsoft Teams and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana is the best way to manage projects and tasks. We chose Asana because it’s the simplest way to get organized and stay on top of your work. With Asana, you can create tasks, track progress, and collaborate with your team in one place. You’ll be able to get your work done faster and with less stress. Try Asana today! You wont regret it!
Roldan
Roldan
  • Industry: Design

Best choice or good alternative

Reviewed on 13/09/2022

Good! Asana is not as difficult to get the hand out with. I did manage to set-up all my tasks and projects personally. Though, I haven't used it for a long time when I did tested Monday.com.

Pros

I can bet in all of Asana's features from Task management, Scheduling, Materials management, Gantt Charts, Collaborations and the likes. Save for time tracking which is not (yet) available.

The Free Pricing however, is generous enough to collaborate with up to 10 or 15 more individuals. Other top PMS has less to nothing - or just one user allowed.

Cons

User Interface. Asana needs to improve on there user interface to be at par with Monday.com. I've been using Monday and never looked back (except maybe if someday they will overrun Monday with features.

Time Tracking. This one matters for some users, specially freelancers and online nomads alike. Just wondering why this wasn't integrated just yet.

Set-up. It wasn't that easy to get started for non-techie users. So patience a virtue. Though PMS are understandably complicated, Monday take the pie in this domain.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Well, upon company decision and me as consultant. Monday duly meets our startup company's needs and wants.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I choose Asana the first time. But upon testing other PMS, it seems the other weighs more than Asana.
Dan
  • Industry: Hospitality

Asana is a good choice especially as your first tool

Reviewed on 10/11/2023

Overall, Asana is a good tool, we used it for a while within our Data team and were very satisfied.

Pros

It's much more simple than other alternatives, it's easy to use, and has a great design and good features, especially for to-do lists and task management.
It's competitive in terms of price, and it's a good value for money.

Cons

It lacks functionality, and I'm not sure that it's a good fit for companies that are looking to scale up.

Jira and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We made a company decision to move all teams to the same product.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

It was very easy to use and integrate and the overall performance was good enough to adopt it at the time.

A review of Asana by a Creative Director of a Marketing Agency

Reviewed on 20/03/2019

A very useful - maybe even invaluable - tool for busy workplaces. Decent looking UI and colour scheme, clear lists but not so clear Project Views - not very good for visual people. Annoying notifications - but maybe I should just try and reduce the number of concurrent tasks!

Pros

There is something very satisfying about having a digital to do list, saved in the cloud, updated automatically and reminding you of key dates, comments and edits. There is something even more satisfying about being able to finally click a little tick button and have an animated unicorn fly across the screen as a reward. It is very useful to be able to keep ALL correspondence relating to a particular task or project in the same thread. This includes text messages, copy, images, PDFs, etc. - all easily downloadable. It's fairly intuitive - looming deadlines are highlighted in red, you can order tasks how you'd like them, you can tag people using the @ symbol like in Gmail and on social media. So, when you are in Asana, all is fine - you can see all your tasks as a list, a project as a whole or separated into Elements. You can even see your team-mate's projects too. Oh, also, adding sub tasks to tasks and sub tasks is very useful. It's not a nice feeling knowing that you can't tick something off your list until it's sub tasks sub tasks have been done, but that's not Asana's fault! It's nice that it emails you to notify you of key events, but this does have a downside. It's good that it ties in with Time Tracking software too.

Cons

So, we have to talk about emails. I, as I'm sure many others do too, have a huge number of tasks assigned to me on Asana. Many of these involve other people - clients, team members, project managers, etc. They all have different deadlines and start dates. Every single action involving you, by default, generates an email. Even after turning many of these notifications off, the Updates folder in my inbox is still so full or notifications, it's very common to miss more important ones. Also, the very fact that there is an Inbox IN Asana itself, means that you are notified of everything twice. This aspect doesn't quite feel right or logical. It also quite frequently logs me out, forcing me to log back in again.

• Industry: Mining & Metals

Easy to use and quite straightforward

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

The first thing I find it very useful is that it helps a lot to manage my time and set priorities for different tasks. Because of its ability to be in different projects features, it will be quite handy for the ones who involve in different teams of a company like HR, Project Management.

Pros

It's quite easy to use and it has helped me a lot to keep track of my daily tasks. I find it very satisfying to complete the tasks right after i finish them. It is also handy for the management team to review everyone's tasks and how they're doing at the end of the day. It has already got essential features for task management even in free version, but I'd love to go premium later.

Cons

I hope it could provide more features like insights and trends in free version. But it is still okay to see the general insights of your work.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana is more easy to use and looks better.

Trello

Response from Asana

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us. We're grateful for your honest feedback and we're glad you feel we're on the right track!

If you've any follow-up questions, please let us know via our support team (asana.com/support) or community forum (forum.asana.com), we'll be more than happy to help!

Lindsey
Lindsey
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

My go-to productivity app for EVERYTHING

Reviewed on 21/06/2021

I've used Asana for about 3 years now and nothing compares!

I've used Asana for about 3 years now and nothing compares!

Pros

Asana is my favorite tool for productivity, organization, and task management. All my to-do lists (business, personal, and everything in between) are in Asana. I love the ease of use, customizability, and overall UX of the app. The desktop version is a breeze. The mobile app is just as enjoyable.

One of the best things is the drag & drop feature that allows you to upload documents, photos, and web links directly into the task. Subtasks are great so you can get a step-by-step list of directions toward each task. It's also great for goal-setting and project planning.

I literally can't function without this app! The free version works incredibly, but the paid version is absolutely worth it, especially if you want more custom features (like custom columns, a bigger team, etc). Highly recommend it to all my biz and creative friends.

Cons

I wish there was a way to delete people from teams and projects easier. I have temporary clients and it's a pain in the butt to create new projects in order to delete them permanently from my workspace in the app.

Joya
Joya

Asana : Streamlined Collaboration and Enhanced Productivity.

Reviewed on 27/06/2023

Asana is an exceptional collaborative project management tool with an intuitive interface and robust features. It facilitates effective communication, task assignment, and progress tracking, enhancing teamwork and productivity. While there is an initial learning curve, Asana becomes a powerful tool once familiarized. It offers extensive customization, flexible tracking, robust reporting, and integrations for large teams. Since using Asana, I have experienced significant improvement in managing daily work with my team.

Pros

Asana is an exceptional collaborative project management tool that simplifies teamwork. Its user-friendly interface and robust features streamline communication, task assignment, and progress tracking. Customizable workflows and deadlines enhance organization and ensure project milestones are met. With the ability to track subtasks, dependencies, time spent, and attachments, Asana offers comprehensive project tracking. It enables users to create task lists, assign them to team members, and set due dates for efficient project management. The visually appealing interface provides a clear overview of tasks and projects, enhancing productivity. Asana is an invaluable asset for organizations seeking to enhance teamwork and boost productivity.

Cons

While Asana's interface is intuitive, I encountered a learning curve when trying to understand its features and terminology. A more detailed tutorial or step-by-step guide would have facilitated the onboarding process. Additionally, extensive customizations using fields and workflows may require technical expertise and experimentation. Despite the initial learning curve, once I became familiar with Asana, it proved to be a powerful and efficient tool for collaborative project management.

Charissa

Asana has been a game-changer for our design and marketing teams!

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Pros

As a Project Manager at a mid-sized software company, I HAVE to have a big picture overview of all work being done: who is doing what, when the deadlines are, and when tasks are completed and approved. And, I need to be able to see what's going on from anywhere at any time. Before we started using Asana, it was incredibly difficult to track all of our projects and I used several data silos to manage all of the details. Asana was a life saver for me because not only does it allow me to see all of the work/tasks assigned to individuals, but my team uses it to communicate with each other - and I can view all of their communications for reference as needed. We also use the integration with the time tracking software, Everhour, and it worked really well for us. The dashboard and reporting functionalities are extremely easy to read, and give a great overview of progress. The free version is an incredible platform on its own, and upgrading to premium is extremely reasonable considering all of the extra reporting functionality you receive. This is a great program for companies that need a simple and intuitive solution for managing projects that require high communication and fast results.

Cons

It would be nice if the interface was more customizable for the purpose of displaying data in ways that would be most helpful for each individual user. Currently the display (of projects and task lists) is fairly inflexible, but, it's very easy to use. Asana does not have gantt charts or any micro level management tools used for budgeting, which is why I recommend using Asana for the communication and deadline aspect of projects, but NOT for carrying out PM responsibilities required for most successful projects.