ProWorkflow

Project Management & Time Tracking For Teams Of Any Size.

4.5 /5 (246 reviews) Write a Review!

Carmen E.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Good start but still a lot to be implemented

Reviewed on 6/08/2018

Whilst PWF has potential and I'm sure the intention to rectify and further develop the software is there, in it's current format it does not meet our business needs, requiring us to use external software sitting outside of PWF's functionality. It appears to be set up for a niche market and would do well to expand its capabilities to provide fuller functionality for all clients.

Pros

I've been using PWF for a year now and see there is potential for this to be a convenient, easy to use tool once development improvements have been implemented. The support staff are friendly and provide assistance where possible. The software enables us to pay per user and grants multiple users to access the platform with individually allocated access rights, allowing us to set security levels pending the role of the user and adjust our monthly payments pending the number of consultants we currently have on board. You are able to live track time which is helpful for our consultants in allocating to billable projects. Review of time entered and staff workload is also a useful function.

Cons

I feel this software is still in its developmental stage and has a lot of improvements to be implemented. For example, integration with MYOB is poor and non usable, invoicing fields need expanding (ie choice of PO or street address, ABN field for recipient, etc), templates and emailing tools are very basic and limited, contact listings are restrictive and missing vital fields (ie ABN, PO Box, etc) or requiring double handling (ie single contacts need to be connected to a non existent company, for example where no company is applicable you have to create fake one to connect them contact to), reports need to have more functionality and retrospective time reports come up with errors in date ranges making data inaccurate, add/edit tasks need further options such as sort functions, window resizing/positioning needs to be added, pro bono projects cannot be marked as non billable unless you tick them off as "invoiced" (which is incorrect and misleading). These are just a few of the issues we have recently been struggling with.

Melanie A.
  • Industry: Market Research

PWF Review

Reviewed on 2/03/2021

We love it. I did a lot of research and believe it is the best project management tool out there. You just need to accept that you need to adjust your processes and workflow to use the tool optimally

Pros

Task management, organization and the collaboration piece are what I like most. Also we were able to successfully integrate the tool with Salesforce

Cons

The UI good be improved to have a bit more professional feel.

David R.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

The best software we didn't write for our business

Reviewed on 9/02/2021

We carry out consultancy assignments in the energy and environmental sector with a heavy bias towards the engineering expertise which our consultants have. We are able to set up , cost and implement projects through to final invoice on PWF for all our multiple clients. Our teams are built per assignment which allows us to use to take full advantage of the communication and file-sharing tools that PWF provides; its integration with Dropbox makes life easy.
Whenever we prepare large tenders, we prepare our draft project plan for clients using PWF.

Pros

Proworkflow is wonderful!. When our business was expanding we needed software to manage our workflow, invoicing, project management and so much more and we needed to move out of the spreadsheet nightmare. We carried out a thorough search of products that integrated with Xero, our online accounts and then we did a live comparison and we could find no fault with PWF. We adopted and have used it ever since and we are completely organised as a result. We also are able to scale up or business effortlessly.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything right now that I don't like about PWF

Julie R.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

The only project management tool you'll ned!

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Pros

I love the ability to customize my clients schedules

Cons

I wish I had more automation options for emailing and followups so ensure nothing gets missed.

Chris B.
  • Industry: Design

Easily the best workflow tool for the design industry

Reviewed on 2/03/2021

I'm extremely happy with ProWorkFlow. It makes taste such as invoicing and quoting effortless and fast, and in terms of job management, no matter how busy I am it makes my workload manageable.

Pros

I've been using ProWorkFlow for many years now and find the ease of use, as well and the invoicing and quoting management massive time savers. I like how it is perfect for this industry, whether you're a one man band or a large agency.

Cons

It does tend to lack some flexibility in the layout, and I'd love to see an App version. the mobile version isn't that great.

ProWorkflow Product Review

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

We are doing a much better job of keep track of our time for each project with the use of ProWorkflow.

Pros

We have been using ProWorkflow for 5 years. It is very easy to use. We can customize general settings, look and feel, and project settings. We are able to create our own project categories, tasks and reports. We are able to easily add additional users when needed.

Cons

I would like to see some enhancements to the notes section and contact section. Such as being able to have categories for Notes, like we do for projects. For the contacts tab. Add a tab under Companies for Contacts and Notes. I need to see all my contacts for a company on one page not off to the side. The profile page should display key standard fields, but then I would like to add custom fields too. Such as Customer start date, key contact, account number, etc.

Dave L.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Pays for itself many times over

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

So much easier to make sure all time is billed. I love when myself and staff can fill a solid day with tracked time — lets me know nothing has been left on the table before billing. Capturing all of the time we spend on projects pays for the monthly PWF licence many times over. We are simply more profitable with this tool.

Pros

Ability to organize projects any time from anywhere and delegate tasks effectively.

Cons

Xero integration could be improved. It's not possible to make any changes to an invoice after it is sent to Xero. It would also be great to be able to categorize line items into Xero's revenue accounts directly from PWF. Also, I find it takes too long to just add a quick task to a project while on the phone with a client — I always end up keeping notes in a text file because it's faster/easier, and then creating tasks in PWF later when I have more time.

Benny G.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 9/02/2021

We can make sure we have visibility across our team of all our activities and we can make reports to show to the executive team.

Pros

Web-based, easy to use, customizable, customer portal, notifications

Cons

There's not a good mobile app to use in conjunction.

Lillian A.
  • Industry: Publishing

Excellent way to track projects

Reviewed on 9/02/2021

Projects stay on track much better when they are planned and tracked effectively. ProWorkFlow makes that difficult job much easier.

Pros

I do not have any employees, but I work with a couple of freelancers on specific projects. This software makes it easy to collaborate to ensure that each person knows the status of the project and to complete their tasks in a timely manner. Even when I work alone, I use ProWorkFlow to manage projects, as it makes planning and tracking projects efficient.

Cons

I used to have the quote and billing module, but they were useful enough for me, so I cancelled. I wish ProWorkFlow offered a module for not only billing but also accounts receivable. I would sign up for that right away.

Suzanne L.

Proworkflow for design

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

The ability to task and track and invoice are fantastic, this really has changed the way we work for the better.

Pros

WE use PWF everyday for tasking and keeping track of hours allocated and spent on projects. We also use it for invoicing+ quoting. Its a great programme for keeping track of everything and the apps are great.

Cons

The idiosyncratic tendancies that the apps have - the Weekly workloader for example, its difficult to see at a glance the project title as the client name is first. We have several projects with the same name. The hours allocated to a task are also not noted on this app. The ability to drag a task from one day to the next would be great too. I find that custom reports are very hard to create too...

Victoria M.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Review from a Studio Manager

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Great customer service and quick to answer our calls. We understand that you're still going through some teething problems so we'll stick with Pro Work Flow for now as we've been informed that changes are coming. Would still recommend this software.

Pros

This software has helped us a lot as we came from excel spreadsheets.
The reports capability is fantastic. The timesheet is easy to use. The customer support is also great.

Cons

The templates for invoicing is quite basic and can look a little unprofessional.
Not having filters in reports that calculate the number of hours per staff member.

Not enough report templates. It would be good if there were more ready-made templates.
The syncing process with myob works but isn't the easiest.

Esme' M.

Back of the house user

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

The goal is ROI reporting. After entering quotes, freelance hours, employee hours, invoices, expenses, we are hoping to receive financial and burn ROI information although uncertain of PWF's abilities to pick up all aspects in a concise complete report.

Pros

Definitely a great cost for the money. Linking capabilities among the various tabs (tasks, file attachments, calendar, quotes) is somewhat seamless. The multiple options of time keeping is a plus.

Cons

Reporting is lacking. Various report drop options is lacking and not clear. Lacks pliability.
Invoicing is also lacking with the QuickBooks external quotient not adjustable which makes it unusable. The creator hasn't had to create 50 manual invoices because the unnecessary key strokes, date input inflexibility, cursor flow inept, lack of default movement is frustrating, time consuming and leads to errors.

• Industry: Photography

Scheduling Simplified

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Overall Proworkflow is a great out of the box solution. There are some workarounds we need to implement to make it work for us but it's a key part of our business processes running smoothly. Definitely would recommend to others!

Pros

This allows us to see our jobs and assigned employees at a glance. Our whole team uses it as the main tool for scheduling the work for the week, checking off tasks and keeping our customer service on point.

Cons

Reporting isn't the best. Would like to be able to see hours scheduled per person on any given day more easily (right now I have to manually calculate it because the reporting isn't accurate). This makes doing our production schedule take MUCH longer.

Wendi S.

ProWorkflow Rocks

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

I have been extremely happy with ProWorkflow. Our project management had gotten out of hand with the company growing so quickly. This software allows us to keep a handle on all projects and each task within those projects. The support I've received from the ProWorkflow staff has been amazing!

Pros

This software helped us streamline our work process. We have several people working on dozens of projects all the time. ProWorkflow helps us meet deadlines, look ahead for planning, and keep everyone on task so all deadlines are meet despite heavy workloads.

Cons

I would like to be able to add a status column to the main project page. Many of our projects get put on hold, or we are waiting for the client. It would be nice to be able to quickly change the status of a project so my employees know what's happening with one glance.

Good software - some UI and performance issues

Reviewed on 1/10/2015

ProWorkFlow definitely makes my job as a project manager easier. Long gone are the days of cover sheets on proofs, copy or mockups. There's no question that the functionality of the program will likely improve how you do business but the program could have more customization and a few layout/navigation changes. One example is trying to access the Project Archive. It seems that a dropdown menu for the Projects tab would be faster and more effective to access the submenu for Project Archives. Instead, you must wait for the project screen to load before being able to get to the Archive. The site is often slow or hangs, requiring refreshing of pages, interrupting workflow. All in all I am glad this is the software we use and look forward to further improvements.

Pros

Support is responsive to wish-list items
Makes my life easier.
Intuitive interface.
Many functions (on desktop) are quick and easy (changing dates, editing task titles, changing project task heirarchy)

Cons

Relies on hovering - doesn't work on mobile devices (some functions are only accessible by hovering
Often slow to load pages
No easy way to switch right back to your user if you've switched to a Team or Individual user
The orange is ugly.
No daily summary of total hours of tasks assigned to a user. This may be a deal breaker for some.

Angela R.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Awesome project management software!

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

Helps me plan my work and make sure all of my projects' tasks are kept in track.

Pros

Like the versatile options - you can use it the way you want to. Customizable templates. Easy to track the work on all projects. Easy to prepare a project report for my internal customers.

Cons

Would like to be able to have the option to have just due dates appear in the dashboard/activity list. Right now it shows both start dates and due dates and is bit cluttered. There may be a setting that I could use, not sure.

Response from ProActive Software

Thank you for feedback Angela! We appreciate it.

Chris P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Good value for feature-rich PM Software

Reviewed on 9/02/2021

PWF has been an incredibly valuable tool in our company. We are more coordinated and communicate better than ever before thanks to PWF.

Pros

Template implementation makes new projects easy to kick off. The software is versatile enough to work for our sales, engineering and production departments.

Cons

A native app would be preferred, their mobile tool isn't as powerful and user-friendly as the web portal.

Robert G.
  • Industry: Research

A solid platform for the money

Reviewed on 9/02/2021

The experience has been fine but not great. I can't say it has done a lot to make our processes better outside of having job numbers that people can track to. That said, it hasn't been bad enough to change platforms and the team really relies on it.

Pros

We evaluated a lot of platforms and ultimately selected ProWorkFlow. We have been with the platform for over five years so it has worked solidly enough to continue on with it. It's functionality covers the basics and yet has some customization built into it. The best feature is the search function for finding archived projects.

The support team is excellent.

Cons

ProWorkFlow has been really slow to roll out new features. In many ways it feels like the platform was left behind by other more progressive platforms. The two biggest cons of the platform is that it is difficult for people to enter time sheets - ProWorkFlow has tried to provide lots of options for doing so but in the end it is overwhelming for employees to find a specific project and a specific task and then log their time. The second issue is that once you build schedules you can't export them in a client ready/friendly version with certain tasks hidden and all of it formatted nicely. We find ourselves rebuilding schedules in Excel for every project.

Leanne M.

Fantastic!! Customer support even customised reports to benefit our company

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

Pros

Everything in the one place, great for projects containing multiple jobs.
We attend to particular projects from 1 to 5+ times, can view everything, to supervisors to invoicing and the message function is also great to keep a track of communications between builders and also staff.
Uploading photos to each job has saved us on several occasions
Fast and easy to use for all employees via the app or in the office.

Cons

Nothing yet, so far so good. Always informing us or additional features that have been added
There was one particular report I was trying to create, currently not available. Support staff said it is the making and gave an alternate in the mean time

Response from ProActive Software

Thank you for the awesome feedback Leanne!

Elise M.

Like the new features

Reviewed on 2/03/2021

Its great all emails are stored together, eg i can email a client and they email back and its in pro work flow

Pros

All the information for the project is together

Cons

You cant link project easily. You can search for similar titles but not see other same name projects. It would be very helpful if there was a tab or client profile page to log onto and see all the projects that relate to that client.

Alexa R.

Ideal Team Collaboration

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

Our creative team needed a place to keep track of all the jobs we are working on, scoping, and pending approval. ProWorkflow allows us to do all of these things and more. We also integrated OneDrive into PWF, and it is a dream! The system gets better as we dive into more of the features. I'd be interested in some more customizations, but our team is very happy.

Pros

Simply being able to keep track of jobs, what their status is, and our team having access to check into it at any time.

Cons

The client companies cannot overlap, or you can't assign two client companies to the same project.

Brant B.

ProWorkflow Review

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Overall ProWorkflow has been an amazing tool to keep us on track and on budget.

Pros

The software is jammed packed with features and is really well-thought out.

Cons

The layout can be confusing and some features are lacking. The ability to change the list view of projects to show important information (hiding/adding columns) needs to be added. The layout feels old.

Birgit D.

Helps us arranging our projects and tasks

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

More overview of all ongoing projects, more time efficient, easier to make a year planning and thus less need to work extra hours in busy times as we are now able to plan ahead.

Pros

Overview of all ongoing projects, easy to handle different requests from various users, can work with multiple users/projectmanagers/requests at the same time.

Cons

You can't easily re-plan/move tasks in the weekly overview by drag/drop to different days. Super unhandy.
You don't see the amount of hours planned per person in total (only possible to see amount of hours planned within a special project). This would make overbooking much more easy to solve.

Response from ProActive Software

Thank you Birgit for the feedback, will pass this onto the team :)

Brianna d. R.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

ProWorkflow is my favorite project management tool

Reviewed on 31/03/2019

I love it. ProWorkflow gives me a great piece of mind knowing when I need to deliver my part of projects.

Pros

What makes this stand out from other project management I have used is that it is extremely organized when it comes to tasks within a project. I can see the overall project purpose and request from clients, but the organization of subtasks is amazing. I was a project manager prior to my current position as my team's digital marketing manager so I have perspective from both positions. I really enjoy Proworkflow.

Cons

So far, I don't gave complaints except for the time calendar. Sometimes I put in all my time at once each day and when sliding it up and down on the calendar, it is very easy to accidentally add or remove time from a task.

Johnna D.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Very easy to use project management software

Reviewed on 2/03/2021

Pros

It's very intuitive and easy to use. I love the upgrade they released a while back that allows you to drag/drop the tasks in order.

Cons

I feel like I could be using it even better and more efficiently than I currently am.