ProWorkflow

Project Management & Time Tracking For Teams Of Any Size.

4.4 /5 (201 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.3
4.1
4.2
4.6
Carmen E.
Industry: Environmental Services

Good start but still a lot to be implemented

Reviewed on 6/08/2018

Whilst PWF has potential and I'm sure the intention to rectify and further develop the software is there, in it's current format it does not meet our business needs, requiring us to use external software sitting outside of PWF's functionality. It appears to be set up for a niche market and would do well to expand its capabilities to provide fuller functionality for all clients.

Pros

I've been using PWF for a year now and see there is potential for this to be a convenient, easy to use tool once development improvements have been implemented. The support staff are friendly and provide assistance where possible. The software enables us to pay per user and grants multiple users to access the platform with individually allocated access rights, allowing us to set security levels pending the role of the user and adjust our monthly payments pending the number of consultants we currently have on board. You are able to live track time which is helpful for our consultants in allocating to billable projects. Review of time entered and staff workload is also a useful function.

Cons

I feel this software is still in its developmental stage and has a lot of improvements to be implemented. For example, integration with MYOB is poor and non usable, invoicing fields need expanding (ie choice of PO or street address, ABN field for recipient, etc), templates and emailing tools are very basic and limited, contact listings are restrictive and missing vital fields (ie ABN, PO Box, etc) or requiring double handling (ie single contacts need to be connected to a non existent company, for example where no company is applicable you have to create fake one to connect them contact to), reports need to have more functionality and retrospective time reports come up with errors in date ranges making data inaccurate, add/edit tasks need further options such as sort functions, window resizing/positioning needs to be added, pro bono projects cannot be marked as non billable unless you tick them off as "invoiced" (which is incorrect and misleading). These are just a few of the issues we have recently been struggling with.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Dave L.
Industry: Graphic Design

Pays for itself many times over

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

So much easier to make sure all time is billed. I love when myself and staff can fill a solid day with tracked time — lets me know nothing has been left on the table before billing. Capturing all of the time we spend on projects pays for the monthly PWF licence many times over. We are simply more profitable with this tool.

Pros

Ability to organize projects any time from anywhere and delegate tasks effectively.

Cons

Xero integration could be improved. It's not possible to make any changes to an invoice after it is sent to Xero. It would also be great to be able to categorize line items into Xero's revenue accounts directly from PWF. Also, I find it takes too long to just add a quick task to a project while on the phone with a client — I always end up keeping notes in a text file because it's faster/easier, and then creating tasks in PWF later when I have more time.

Benny G.
Industry: Railroad Manufacture
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A Full-Project Tracking Tool

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

It’s been a critical tool for us to stay organized and on track. It’s easy to use and doesn’t try to be so hip that it loses true functionality.

Pros

ProWorkflow has been a fantastic project management tool from request to report. Our customers can create a request that goes right into our approval pool (which is where we assign project managers). Templates make the request process efficient and thorough. Tasks allow us to assign personnel appropriately, and keep us on track. Reports tell us how well we’re doing or how we need to improve. We often reference our project archive for expense details, notes and previous specs. Being able to email customers right from the project page is great too because it records those conversations for reference later.

Cons

The reports take you about 80% of the way. I use a .xml export to interpret the data in excel.

Industry: Retail

ProWorkflow Product Review

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

We are doing a much better job of keep track of our time for each project with the use of ProWorkflow.

Pros

We have been using ProWorkflow for 5 years. It is very easy to use. We can customize general settings, look and feel, and project settings. We are able to create our own project categories, tasks and reports. We are able to easily add additional users when needed.

Cons

I would like to see some enhancements to the notes section and contact section. Such as being able to have categories for Notes, like we do for projects. For the contacts tab. Add a tab under Companies for Contacts and Notes. I need to see all my contacts for a company on one page not off to the side. The profile page should display key standard fields, but then I would like to add custom fields too. Such as Customer start date, key contact, account number, etc.

Suzanne L.

Proworkflow for design

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

The ability to task and track and invoice are fantastic, this really has changed the way we work for the better.

Pros

WE use PWF everyday for tasking and keeping track of hours allocated and spent on projects. We also use it for invoicing+ quoting. Its a great programme for keeping track of everything and the apps are great.

Cons

The idiosyncratic tendancies that the apps have - the Weekly workloader for example, its difficult to see at a glance the project title as the client name is first. We have several projects with the same name. The hours allocated to a task are also not noted on this app. The ability to drag a task from one day to the next would be great too. I find that custom reports are very hard to create too...

Victoria M.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Review from a Studio Manager

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Great customer service and quick to answer our calls. We understand that you're still going through some teething problems so we'll stick with Pro Work Flow for now as we've been informed that changes are coming. Would still recommend this software.

Pros

This software has helped us a lot as we came from excel spreadsheets.
The reports capability is fantastic. The timesheet is easy to use. The customer support is also great.

Cons

The templates for invoicing is quite basic and can look a little unprofessional.
Not having filters in reports that calculate the number of hours per staff member.

Not enough report templates. It would be good if there were more ready-made templates.
The syncing process with myob works but isn't the easiest.

Esme' M.

Back of the house user

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

The goal is ROI reporting. After entering quotes, freelance hours, employee hours, invoices, expenses, we are hoping to receive financial and burn ROI information although uncertain of PWF's abilities to pick up all aspects in a concise complete report.

Pros

Definitely a great cost for the money. Linking capabilities among the various tabs (tasks, file attachments, calendar, quotes) is somewhat seamless. The multiple options of time keeping is a plus.

Cons

Reporting is lacking. Various report drop options is lacking and not clear. Lacks pliability.
Invoicing is also lacking with the QuickBooks external quotient not adjustable which makes it unusable. The creator hasn't had to create 50 manual invoices because the unnecessary key strokes, date input inflexibility, cursor flow inept, lack of default movement is frustrating, time consuming and leads to errors.

Industry: Photography

Scheduling Simplified

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Overall Proworkflow is a great out of the box solution. There are some workarounds we need to implement to make it work for us but it's a key part of our business processes running smoothly. Definitely would recommend to others!

Pros

This allows us to see our jobs and assigned employees at a glance. Our whole team uses it as the main tool for scheduling the work for the week, checking off tasks and keeping our customer service on point.

Cons

Reporting isn't the best. Would like to be able to see hours scheduled per person on any given day more easily (right now I have to manually calculate it because the reporting isn't accurate). This makes doing our production schedule take MUCH longer.

David R.
Industry: Management Consulting

Why Proworkflow has improved our business

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

It allowed us to organise a complex flow of projects and allows us to get on with our business.

Pros

It organises us and reduces stress! The software is written in a way that was easy for us to adapt to and is very well thought through. I used to run an IT dept and users were always asking for mods which made software expensive, slow to develop and cumbersome and full of bugs. With PWF we decided to adapt our way of working to the software first and we love it and don't need any mods. The integration with Xero is great too.

Cons

Can't think of anything at the moment although possibly some reports could be more user-friendly.

Wendi S.

ProWorkflow Rocks

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

I have been extremely happy with ProWorkflow. Our project management had gotten out of hand with the company growing so quickly. This software allows us to keep a handle on all projects and each task within those projects. The support I've received from the ProWorkflow staff has been amazing!

Pros

This software helped us streamline our work process. We have several people working on dozens of projects all the time. ProWorkflow helps us meet deadlines, look ahead for planning, and keep everyone on task so all deadlines are meet despite heavy workloads.

Cons

I would like to be able to add a status column to the main project page. Many of our projects get put on hold, or we are waiting for the client. It would be nice to be able to quickly change the status of a project so my employees know what's happening with one glance.

Good software - some UI and performance issues

Reviewed on 1/10/2015

ProWorkFlow definitely makes my job as a project manager easier. Long gone are the days of cover sheets on proofs, copy or mockups. There's no question that the functionality of the program will likely improve how you do business but the program could have more customization and a few layout/navigation changes. One example is trying to access the Project Archive. It seems that a dropdown menu for the Projects tab would be faster and more effective to access the submenu for Project Archives. Instead, you must wait for the project screen to load before being able to get to the Archive. The site is often slow or hangs, requiring refreshing of pages, interrupting workflow. All in all I am glad this is the software we use and look forward to further improvements.

Pros

Support is responsive to wish-list items
Makes my life easier.
Intuitive interface.
Many functions (on desktop) are quick and easy (changing dates, editing task titles, changing project task heirarchy)

Cons

Relies on hovering - doesn't work on mobile devices (some functions are only accessible by hovering
Often slow to load pages
No easy way to switch right back to your user if you've switched to a Team or Individual user
The orange is ugly.
No daily summary of total hours of tasks assigned to a user. This may be a deal breaker for some.

Angela R.
Industry: Higher Education

Awesome project management software!

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

Helps me plan my work and make sure all of my projects' tasks are kept in track.

Pros

Like the versatile options - you can use it the way you want to. Customizable templates. Easy to track the work on all projects. Easy to prepare a project report for my internal customers.

Cons

Would like to be able to have the option to have just due dates appear in the dashboard/activity list. Right now it shows both start dates and due dates and is bit cluttered. There may be a setting that I could use, not sure.

Response from ProActive Software

Thank you for feedback Angela! We appreciate it.

Leanne M.

Fantastic!! Customer support even customised reports to benefit our company

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

Pros

Everything in the one place, great for projects containing multiple jobs.
We attend to particular projects from 1 to 5+ times, can view everything, to supervisors to invoicing and the message function is also great to keep a track of communications between builders and also staff.
Uploading photos to each job has saved us on several occasions
Fast and easy to use for all employees via the app or in the office.

Cons

Nothing yet, so far so good. Always informing us or additional features that have been added
There was one particular report I was trying to create, currently not available. Support staff said it is the making and gave an alternate in the mean time

Response from ProActive Software

Thank you for the awesome feedback Leanne!

Alexa R.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Ideal Team Collaboration

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

Our creative team needed a place to keep track of all the jobs we are working on, scoping, and pending approval. ProWorkflow allows us to do all of these things and more. We also integrated OneDrive into PWF, and it is a dream! The system gets better as we dive into more of the features. I'd be interested in some more customizations, but our team is very happy.

Pros

Simply being able to keep track of jobs, what their status is, and our team having access to check into it at any time.

Cons

The client companies cannot overlap, or you can't assign two client companies to the same project.

Brant B.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

ProWorkflow Review

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Overall ProWorkflow has been an amazing tool to keep us on track and on budget.

Pros

The software is jammed packed with features and is really well-thought out.

Cons

The layout can be confusing and some features are lacking. The ability to change the list view of projects to show important information (hiding/adding columns) needs to be added. The layout feels old.

Birgit D.
Industry: Retail

Helps us arranging our projects and tasks

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

More overview of all ongoing projects, more time efficient, easier to make a year planning and thus less need to work extra hours in busy times as we are now able to plan ahead.

Pros

Overview of all ongoing projects, easy to handle different requests from various users, can work with multiple users/projectmanagers/requests at the same time.

Cons

You can't easily re-plan/move tasks in the weekly overview by drag/drop to different days. Super unhandy.
You don't see the amount of hours planned per person in total (only possible to see amount of hours planned within a special project). This would make overbooking much more easy to solve.

Response from ProActive Software

Thank you Birgit for the feedback, will pass this onto the team :)

Chris G.

Works for us

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

PWF allows us to quickly and easily track and bill our time, organize and share files, and keep our clients in the loop

Pros

Easy to get up and running, allows us to track hours, invoice and send to QuickBooks

Cons

There are a few little bugs, updated UI would be nice, and maybe a better way of gathering info to simplify billing at the end of the month

Brianna d. R.
Industry: Higher Education

ProWorkflow is my favorite project management tool

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 31/03/2019

I love it. ProWorkflow gives me a great piece of mind knowing when I need to deliver my part of projects.

Pros

What makes this stand out from other project management I have used is that it is extremely organized when it comes to tasks within a project. I can see the overall project purpose and request from clients, but the organization of subtasks is amazing. I was a project manager prior to my current position as my team's digital marketing manager so I have perspective from both positions. I really enjoy Proworkflow.

Cons

So far, I don't gave complaints except for the time calendar. Sometimes I put in all my time at once each day and when sliding it up and down on the calendar, it is very easy to accidentally add or remove time from a task.

Michelle N.
Industry: Building Materials

ProWorkflow

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

We went from using a spreadsheet to track projects to ProWorkflow. Woohoo! What a difference it has made in scheduling and project visibility.

Pros

Its ease of use. We were using it within minutes of downloading. The Tasks feature is very helpful for large jobs where there are multiple assignee's and deadlines.

Cons

There is no way to automatically date and initial the Shared Notes. This would be very helpful to my team.

Martha M.
Industry: Design

Good for small ad agencies

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

A solid software for small ad or creative agencies that need to track projects. Easy to learn and has some good capabilities for tracking time against budget.

Pros

It combines a lot in one software, from proposals and bids to SOWs and tracks everyones time against the work required to complete projects.

Cons

Sometimes hard to modify work in progress effectively. The reports were sort of annoying to run and didn't report certain data that really could have been helpful. Could be better if it included "likelihood' of proposals being accepted and could track forecasting of profit.

Partner

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

We have been with ProWorkFlow for over 15 years. We love it!

Pros

Time tracking capabilities and the ability to report on these hours.

Cons

Invoicing and the lack of ability to assign multiple accounting codes

Melissa M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Good for time tracking and capturing all projects

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

We only use a portion of what the software offers but for how we use it, it works for us. It gives you a nice view into how time is spent - I like the various ways to search and how accessible info is

Pros

It's easy to time track and keep a log of all current and past jobs. It was easy to get trained on and implement in my daily process

Cons

I find there to be a lot of "steps" to get where you want (having to select various things, click certain buttons, etc.) that sometimes feel extra or unnecessary

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Matthew S.
Industry: Media Production

ProWorkflow works for us!

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

It's a great, centralised platform that lets us keep track of all the jobs and projects on the go at any one time. It's reliable and a go to for us every day!

Pros

We loved the ability to customise templates, orders and projects. We have a variety of work that comes in - some following a set structure, others a bit more fast-and-loose. ProWorkflow can reflect all of that!

Cons

We don't use Gantt chart style scheduling as we often have moving deadlines. It's something we don't see much use for in our business.

Phil B.

ProWorkflow Rocks!

Reviewed on 8/04/2010

I would recommend ProWorkflow for any small to medium sized business that doesn't want to waste their time trying to reinvent the wheel that ProWorkflow has so beautifully shaped and crafted. We went through a slew of other solutions before settling on ProWorkflow and I couldn't be happier.

Pros

ProWorkflow is super feature rich. It does all I could want and so much more. I've been managing my companies account for well over a year now, and I definitely still feel great about the product. We have added quite a few employees since starting to use the product and it hasn't slowed us down at all. Overall ProWorkflow is an awesome time management solution, and I don't think I could ask for much more in a single service.

Cons

Sometimes the vast array of features can make me feel a little lost. There are really prominent features that I don't use much if ever... There are probably easy ways to turn these off, but I just haven't felt like taking the time to figure all that out! Overall the pros far outweigh the cons.

Response from ProActive Software

It's definitely a hard balance - Usability vs functionality. We're working hard on each update to simplify the app, make the interface faster and more flexible. Takes time but it's heading in the right direction.

Karen R.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Simple to set up! Easy to use

Reviewed on 7/08/2017

Pros

We don't use it like normal people we needed a lot of modifications to the tool and the best part about ProWorkflow is that we could!

Cons

My least favorite thing about the software would have to be the homepage view, as there is a big list that appears of all your tasks due.

Response from ProActive Software

Thanks heaps for the review!