Paycom

Cloud-based human capital management (HCM) software

4.4 /5 (565 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
4.3
Yasmine G.
Industry: Package/Freight Delivery
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Allows for easier and simpler processes and efficiencies

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Overall Paycom seems to solve my problems before they arise; the integration between what would have been separate platforms allows for simplified processes and efficiencies that allows me to focus on the big picture rather than focus on the small tedious things.

Pros

Paycom is a one stop shop with one singular login. One of the key things that has been most beneficial is self onboarding, which reduced the HR workload, provides a 'mid-phase' to a prospective employee and active employee, and helps get drivers on the road 4-6 days faster than our previous process. In addition, the consistent monthly improvements are always an added bonus and I continue to be impressed with the developments

Cons

We wish there was a better integration capability to our third party platforms - though we primarily use Paycom, our industry requires use of many additional platforms. An integration outside of an API/SFTP would allow for an overall holistic view of our employee workforce and operations.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience and we appreciate your feedback! We are happy to hear our software is helping simplify your HR processes

Tony B.
Industry: Oil & Energy

A really good system a couple of short steps from greatness

Reviewed on 11/09/2020

The software is progressing nicely and is very easy to use. Customer care at the account level is very good. Direct customer service sometimes lacks skills, but part of that is due to the fact that there are so many new features and add ins being released right now that their customer service team seems a little behind the curve of indepth knowledge. Overall the stongest product on the market for small to medium sized companies.

Pros

The UI and ease of use is at the top of the market. Large easy blocks and buttons to click on make daily use very easy. Reporting isn't perfect by at the top of everything I've used or seen so far.

Cons

The system still hasn't caught up to how employees think about HSA's. Employees think of contributions to their HSA's in terms of how much comes out of each paycheck and not how much they want to contribute on an annual basis, but the tool forces them to look at it in a yearly format. The request is in and hopefylly they'll fix it soon, but it's there.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear you find our system user-friendly. We also appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team. We would love the opportunity to learn how we can create a 5-star experience for you. Please share any other enhancements you would like to see from us with your dedicated specialist or with our team at [email protected]

Daniel G.
Industry: Machinery

Best of the Best

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Paycom is the corvette of HR and time management systems. We looked at many other products, and very few offered all native modules, and a nearly perfect user experience... Those that did would be the super-cars of the industry, they may be ultra performant, hyper tuned, or can do anything, BUT that often makes them expensive and hard to maintain. Paycom struck the perfect balance for our company.

Pros

Paycom pays their sales team and integrations people based on the success of the company they are selling to. The software is intuitive, web and mobile friendly, and most importantly all native to the paycom system unlike almost every other vendor we looked at.

Cons

A bit pricey, some modules are not included by default, not as flexible as some other tools we looked at.

Response from Paycom

Daniel, thank you for the review! We're thrilled that we can support your organization's needs!

Antonio R.
Industry: Building Materials

It pays to use Paycom!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 7/01/2020

Paycom has made everything related to HR easier. Whether it's payroll, benefits, SOP's, document signing even business process tutorials, everything is in one place now and easier to access and interact with.

Pros

Paycom was, at first, difficult. Like any new software you want everything to be where it was before. It wasn't. However with just a few short uses and the tutorials I realized that it was easier, faster and better organized than the software we were using before, which was online based instead of app based. Thank god we switched to Paycom, which made all of our business lives related to HR processes faster, easier and more efficient.

Cons

Once I learned it I have not found anything to complain about. Okay, the fingerprint log in doesn't always work perfectly. :) There.

Response from Paycom

Antonio, thank you for the raving review! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your Paycom experience!

Mary S.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

A good solution for the money

Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall we are very pleased with the scope and breadth of the system. We are finding that we are able to solve many HR challenges through this platform. And they are continually improving the product. Even in the last 10 months, some of the things that would have made to the "What do you like least about this software?" list have been resolved through new product releases.

Pros

We implemented Paycom after becoming frustrated with a much more expensive solution. We have been using it for about 10 months and are still amazed at how intuitive the software is. Our HR team has been able to go right into the system and begin using it with very little formal training which a plus when time is tight. But I would also recommend taking their webinar training when offered. I've picked up tricks that are less obvious but greatly enhance my ability to accomplish what I need to do in the system.

I especially like the Personal Action Forms and the fact that they are customizable. We don't even need process documentation anymore. We create a custom PAF for each type of employee transaction that needs to be made and include all the relevant fields that may need to be changed or verified as a result of the change type. This is a huge time saver for us and keeps our data accurate.

I also appreciate the many compliance tools and dashboards. We have been able to ensure Notice Compliance by using the Checklists functionality. You can assign documents to employees and get their signed acknowledgement and be completely paperless! A great benefit with six offices spread across the country and only one central HR department.

Cons

We are still hopeful that Paycom will come out with a more robust API that will allow us to share employee data bi-directionally. For now, you can export data from Paycom to share across other software systems but you cannot write into Paycom. Everything needs to be manually imported.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the review and feedback, Mary! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your Paycom experience! We will be sure to share your feedback regarding the API process with our product teams.

Jenna S.
Industry: Restaurants

Best HRIS

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

Pros

Paycom covers the entire employee life cycle. I can access the system anywhere and all of the employee's information is in one spot. The customer service at Paycom is the best I have ever worked with. The response time to emails, phone calls, etc is so fast and the team I work with is so friendly and helpful. Previous payroll companies we worked with had massive turnover and I knew I would have to explain myself multiple times before someone would be able to help me. Paycom's support team knows myself and my team as well as all of our specific information. I don't have to explain myself or what I'm trying to do in the system. They can usually fix the issue or help me right away. Before Paycom we switched payroll companies every year because we were so dissatisfied. We have now been with Paycom for 4 years and I can't even imagine leaving. Paycom has been able to grow with our company and support us during our growth.

Cons

Anything that hasn't worked for us in the system Paycom has been able to come up with a solution for us. We asked for approval tiers in expense management and Paycom is working on creating this for us right now.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the 5-star review, Jenna! We are so glad that you are enjoying your Paycom experience!

Vera B.

Excellent Product, Excellent Service

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 30/03/2018

As stated previously, toggling between my 4 companies saves me a lot of time. We also have a lot of employees that work out on the field and having a mobile app for those employees has been a big help.

Pros

Paycom is excellent. I work with 4 different companies and i am able to manage all four separate companies from the same log-in. It lets you toggle between companies which makes my time card editing and approving process go by so much faster! I also LOVE the customer service. I have a designated agent whom I can call directly if i have any issues and she is quick to help out in any way she can. Additionally, the W2s are sent to ou via fedex all ready to go. SO easy to deal with during tax season

Cons

My only gripe with paycom would be that we seem to consistently have an issue with a certain tax being taken from each employees check and paid forward to the state. In Oregon there is a Trimet tax and paycom seems to have a hard time getting that taken care of. However, through many calls with our agent, we were able to (hopefully) get this problem solved. Overall, a minor issue when I consider the many benefits of working with paycom.

Response from Paycom

Vera, thank you so much for the review and feedback. We'll be sure to share that with both our product and support team, who may reach out to you for additional information. Thank you for your partnership and please reach out to your Paycom specialist if you need anything.

Christopher T.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

This is a great alternative to ADP! If you are looking for a new HRIS system, check it out.

Reviewed on 2/02/2018

This has allowed us to simply our new hire onboarding dramatically. Additionally, it allows us to significantly cut down on the paperwork surrounding our employees as all forms can be electronically signed and saved in the system.

Pros

For the price, its a great alternative to the big box companies offering their HRIS platforms. Their payroll, benefits administration, documents facilitation, etc is excellent. This product is great if you are looking to pull your company out of the stone age as we have. We especially like the electronic new hire paperwork option.

Cons

Talent Management portal sometimes lacks the applicant flow over other ATS platforms. There are some quirks about the system (as all systems have it) where you can't delete duplicate profiles, limitations with dynamic access groups for managers, etc. But they are always improving.

Response from Paycom

Christopher, thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback regarding the ATS and will share it with our product team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your Paycom specialist if you have any other suggestions regarding features you would like to see. We appreciate your partnership and look forward to hearing from you.

Michelle J.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

It does the job

Reviewed on 9/06/2020

Overall, the use of Paycom does the job of managing employees time worked and time off. It works better for salaried employees than hourly, as the punch system is tedious and not intuitive. Viewing time off, accruals and paystubs is great. It also is a great tool for annual enrollment of company benefits.

Pros

This software allows you to manage your own and employees' time sheets. I like that it allows for an unlimited number of funding codes, which is necessary when working for non-profit. It easily shows pay stubs, manages benefits, accrued time off and requests. Manager-on-the-go app is great for managing payroll of subordinates.

Cons

Reporting functions are limited and not intuitive. Sign-in process is tedious with extra layers of security which seem excessive. App is not really tailored to a mobile device, and seems to be just the web version fit to a mobile screen. That could use some work. Punches in and out for hourly employees seems over-complicated.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the review! We're glad you are enjoying our products. We also appreciate your feedback, and would love the opportunity to learn how we can create a 5-star experience for you. Please share any other enhancements you would like to see from us with your dedicated specialist or with our team at [email protected]

Ryan P.

Former Paychex Customer

Reviewed on 30/03/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Robust Reporting
Benefit Module is easy to use. As a client, you can manage your own benefit plans with just a few clicks of the mouse.
Payroll budgeting tool allows a budget to be set, managers can request the increase by individual. You can get as intricate with this as you'd like.

Cons

There are a few simple things that your assigned payroll specialist needs to be involved in that seem silly:
- You can't delete a custom report that you created, you have to email your payroll rep to remove this. lame.
- You can't void a manual check that you printed, you have to email your payroll rep to void this. lame.
The good news is that the payroll specialist teams are responsive, compared to other HRIS platforms I have used.

Response from Lanie

Ryan, welcome to Paycom. We're happy to have you and are happy to see that you are happy with both your support and our solution. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our product team. Please feel free to share any other feedback or suggestions you may have with your Paycom specialist. Thank you for the review!

Cynthia J.
Industry: Wholesale

Very disappointed

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 12/05/2020

They would not provide me with my last 941 package . we paid for this information and never received it . Then they wanted more money. I felt like they were holding my information hostage. This is so sad since I really liked their product but now would not recommend it

Pros

Reports were helpful and I liked the personnel

Cons

They would not provide the last 941’s. We were with them for years

Response from Paycom

Cynthia, we appreciate your compliments regarding our products and personnel. We're sorry to see you have experienced difficulties during your organization's transition, and we would love the opportunity to help. However, we will need to learn more about your experience. Please reach out to our team through your previous dedicated support specialist or at [email protected], and we would be happy to look into this further.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Carissa M.
Industry: Medical Practice

Paycom is the Whole System

Reviewed on 21/03/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love the ease of payroll processing as well as the benefits programming. The Documents section of the system allows for a complete and easy to access paper trail and historical employment record of all employees. This has save our HR department many man hours because there is no need to shuffle paperwork anymore. I have worked with 10+ systems over the last 22 years and this is one that I would recommend to anyone

Cons

The reporting function is very good except on the paid time off accrual buckets. I would like to see the accrual balances easier to read and understand for the employees

Response from Lanie

Carissa, we're happy to read that we've saved your HR department team time and love how easy the system is to use. We also appreciate your feedback and will share it with our product team. Thank you for the review!

Adam M.
Industry: Environmental Services

Simple, Clean and Easy to Use System

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Pros

Single point of information from applying for a position to automating notices that need to go out when an employee is terminated. We started simple with the basic features and have been continuing to add and add using more and more of the system.

Cons

My only big complaint revolves around reporting on the manager side of the system. It can be a lot of trial and error to get the report that you are after. The only nice thing is once you do have a report you like then you can save and just go back and re-run that same report which makes it easier to replicate.

Response from Paycom

Adam, thank you for the review and feedback. We're so excited to read that you and your organization are expanding your use of the the Paycom suite of HR technology products. We will share you feedback with our product team and client support team. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or suggestions. We look forward to connecting with you!

Jessica D.
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

User Friendly

Reviewed on 8/04/2020

I love Paycom, it makes life easier. I’m able to use an app if I’m away from the office, I can sign documents with an e- signature and log time. It is a all in one product that everyone should use!

Pros

I love how user friendly this product is for everyone. Everything is very self explanatory and if you have any questions, customer service is very helpful and patient.

Cons

I personally do not like how the time accrual works - it shows it differently in two different tabs, I find it hard to understand.

Response from Paycom

Jessica, we're thrilled you enjoy using our products! We appreciate your feedback about viewing the accruals, and we will be sure to share this with our team. We love learning about our users' experiences, so please be sure to keep us updated with any feedback you may have in the future.

Michael "sully" S.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Why didn't we switch sooner?

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Pros

Paycom is sooo much better than what we had before. It's night and day difference from our old provider. The ability to customize the fields and criteria that we need for our payroll and recruiting is incredible. Their customer service is top notch. There's nothing they aren't willing to do for their customers. I'm blown away!

Oh, it's really easy for your employees to log in to their Self-Service platform. There they can do a number of things such as: update tax information, print paystubs, update personal information, etc.

Cons

Absolutely nothing! I can't say anything bad about Paycom. They have exceed my expectations. We still get compliments and rave reviews from our employees when they log in. Great product all around.

Response from Paycom

Sully, thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate that you are "blown away." Thank you for choosing us to be your payroll and HR technology provider.

Industry: Real Estate

Paycom Review

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

I like being able to keep all of our HR data in one place. Their customer service is great too. I'm always able to get someone on the phone and they're always helpful in solving my issue.

Pros

We use Paycom on multiple companies and I love the ease of setup. We can usually be up and running on a new company within a week. The website is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

If setting up for a new company, make sure you have funded your bank account before setting up Paycom. If not, you will be required to wire the funds to Paycom in advance of each payroll.

Response from Paycom

We're so glad that we can support your organization! Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience with us! Please let us know if you have any additional feedback at [email protected]

Danny ray H.

Switched from ADP to Paycom

Reviewed on 12/02/2015

We took two years to make a final decision on which payroll service provider we would select next, I cannot tell you how patient and understanding Paycom was. They were not pushy at all and just presented us with the facts.

I have been processing payroll for 22 years and I have to say this was the easiest of the five payroll implementations I have done over the course of my career. Paycom took the driver seat and made this experience way easier than I ever planned or expected, so much to the point we just knew our first payroll would be a failure and bomb out but that couldn't be further from the truth. To our amazement and surprise everything they told us happened just as they said it would. When my team would have meetings to discuss implementation we would say "this just seems to easy" "something must be missing" and my favorite is "just wait until we process our first payroll".

I have now processed three payrolls and they were flawless. Our Transition Specialist was amazing, he was on site for two full days during our first payroll and has been on site at least one day during our other two processing's. I cannot say enough good things about Paycom and the team we have worked with. It is really "live" and all in one system. We were able to replace our Recruiting/Applicant Tracking and Performance Review system in addition to just our HRIS/Payroll System. Now everything is one place. AMAZING.

Like every new system you have to get use to their processes but once you do it is so user friendly and easy to use. Even our employees like Paycom as we are self-service driven.

I strongly recommend Paycom to anyone looking for a Payroll Service Provider.

Danny H.

Pros

EVERYTHING, seriously we love this system! Highly recommend.

Cons

The only con is learning a new system and having to give up our Transition Specialist and Dedicated Payroll Specialist during the few payrolls. But our permanent team will be just as great!

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the review!

Brian C.
Industry: Machinery

Good Product

Reviewed on 24/02/2020

Electronic onboarding has been a big hit for us. Also the ability to eliminate manual entry on the payroll processes have helped make us more efficient, providing available time for other non-urgent but important projects to get completed.

Pros

This software took us from the paper world to the electronic world so it was revolutionary for us. The software can be customized to meet your needs. We have a lot of nuances in our company that created some challenges and we were typically able to find a work around to make it work like we were accustomed. Also, our dedicated Transition Specialist was awesome and continues to work very hard to meet our needs.

Cons

With any major transition there are challenges to overcome. The actual transition is the part I liked the least. Long hours of prep and testing. There are a couple of minor things that won't work quite the way I want them to, but we have found ways to work around them.

Response from Paycom

Brian, thank you for the nice review! We are thrilled you are enjoying your Paycom experience and that our software has helped free up time for your team!

Arianna B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Paycom Review

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

Pros

I like that this software is easily accessible to all users and the training videos they provide helps users to input their information with ease.

Cons

The software sometimes does not respond in a timely manner. They often log you out without notice.

Response from Paycom

Arianna, thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our product team.

Courtney C.
Industry: Retail

Covers a lot of HR functions, but some areas are not straight forward.

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

Simplified and made us a more green business!

Pros

Offers everything that an HR department would need. The ATS system is super helpful and payroll processing went smoothly. Our customer service rep was always available and responsive. He was willing to walk us through the process each step of the way.

Cons

However, the performance management and document creator dashboards were not intuitive. You are not given all of the capabilities you need to have reviews and the document creator seems to be a different language... and is not straight forward...edible, online-edible....who knows! Then you can't edit a document that you need to each year that your work comp policy changes unless you re-create the entire document.

Response from Paycom

Courtney, thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience with Paycom. We're happy to read that you enjoy the ATS and payroll processing. Additionally, your feedback is important to us and we will share it with our product team. We encourage you to share any additional details or suggestions with your dedicated Paycom support specialist.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Excellent customer support

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

We've been using Paycom for at least 6 years and the customer service is EXCELLENT. Yes, there is something of a learning curve to the software, but once you know what to do, its pretty easy. Our accountant has asked for specific things and if I can't figure it out on my own, Paycom's customer service is always available with limited wait times. I've found that the assigned specialist is a huge help and I've never had an issue with any customer service person being unhelpful or lacking knowledge on a subject.
I feel 100% confident our payroll is being done correctly through Paycom - excellent service and I'd recommend it to any small business.

Pros

Pretty straightforward once you know how to use it
Information easily available and able to be organized in different ways as needed

Cons

Sometimes the learning curve is a touch high
Occasionally you have to turn to customer support to get a specific document

Response from Paycom

Thank you so much for the review and feedback. We're happy to partner with you. Please be sure to reach out to your Paycom specialist if you have any questions or suggestions. We look forward to hearing from you.

Jamie V.
Industry: Furniture

Paycom - A company you can depend on

Reviewed on 4/08/2017

Our payroll process has been streamlined and getting reports is quick and easier

Pros

My company has been using Paycom's services since the late 1990's. They consistently process our payroll correctly and on time. The customer service response is exceptional. It doesn't matter that we are a small company, we still get a dedicated team of specialists that usually respond to all requests within 15 minutes. The software/website is very easy to use and the built in report writer allows for special reports to be generated for things like worker's comp and insurance audits.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Been using the software for 19+ years - it does what it's supposed to do. Small companies like ours are treated the same as larger ones. We have a dedicate team that responds quickly and our payroll is processed correctly every time.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the review! The success of our clients is our priority, no matter their size. We look forward to our continued partnership.

Theresa C.
Industry: Financial Services

Paycom- an amazing payroll system

Reviewed on 31/05/2018

Pros

The ability to house all your information in one system, how user friendly the system is. Once our training was completed the employees required little help in the system. The Customer Service Team was very helpful. As a Manager the ability to track time off request was a great feature for me.

Cons

The only thing I would change would be the logins- As a manager I had to have two logins, one for Management and one as an Employee. It would be nice to be able to navigate under one login

Response from Paycom

Theresa, thank you for the amazing review! Your feedback is important to us and we will share it with our product development team. If you ever have any questions or features you would like to see in the Paycom software, please let your Paycom specialist know. We look forward to hearing from you.

Megan B.
Industry: Libraries

Great Software to Modernize Your Business

Reviewed on 21/03/2020

Before Paycom, my organization relied on paper timesheets that were based in Excel. I really enjoy now having access to my work information without having to be at the office. Upgrading to Paycom has been a great experience!

Pros

Mobility and ease of use are both great features. I really like being able to use the Paycom app on my phone to update my timesheet, submit/manage leave requests, access payroll information, and more!

Cons

I haven't encountered any issues. There have been some coworkers who've struggled to learn the process, but there are tutorials available to help.

Response from Paycom

Megan, thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We're thrilled to see we were able to help streamline the timekeeping processes, and we look forward to continuing to support your organization!

Francisco S.
Industry: Education Management

Payroll made easy

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

I appreciate the simplicity that Paycom provides through both it’s site and mobile app.

Pros

Paycom allows us to tailor messages to employees and documents. It also offers an app for easy managing while out of the office.

Cons

When zoomed in the entire look almost everything shifts around. I would like to see an easier way to inactivate staff that are no longer active.

Response from Paycom

Francisco, we appreciate the 5-star review! Thank you for the great feedback; we will be sure to share it with our team. If any other enhancements would improve your experience, please let us know at [email protected]