KashFlow

Accounting and Payroll software for small businesses

4.2 /5 (67 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
4.2
Stephen S.
Industry: Computer Software

I haven't time to learn PayRoll as well

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

Kashflow has been a life-saver for me and my business; I do not have the time to learn how to book keep properly or run a Payroll. It means I can focus on the aspects of my business that I need to develop and give less time to admin.

Pros

It does what it says on the tin. So, it will run your payroll for you, tracking Tax & NI, produce P45s/P60s and submit data to the Government. It basically does everything you'd expect a payroll software to do. Payroll is complicated and KashFlow Payroll does its best to simplify this fr you; actually, I could not run my business without it.

Cons

The biggest annoyance is that you have to login to it separately from the main KashFlow program. Whilst it integrates the two at a data level really well, I don't understand why I cannot click seamlessly between the two.

Also, I think it lacks some features:
- I'd like it to handle and submit P11D forms
- It'd be nice if it integrated more tightly with Government so as well as submitting it also, showed me my tax balance owed. That would be a nice feature.
- Fixing a payroll mistake is a bit cumbersome as you have to roll back any intervening weeks. It'd nice if there was a simple tool for this.

Will G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Fine software and fine service

Reviewed on 14/07/2014

I am very happy with Kashflow. Easy to set up and use but sophisticated enough to cope with everything a typical small business might want. I particularly like the PayPal integration and the more integration that happens, the better as far as I am concerned. Being able to access accounting data from anywhere and even better allowing your accountant to access it has been a tremendous timesaver. I also like the automated back-ups and the ability to switch easily between the accounts of multiple businesses. They even reduced the price to a level where it could not become an issue.

Pros

Ease of set-up and use
Your accountant and you can easily get access to the original data from anywhere
Good handling of multiple sets of accounts
OK Reports
Integration with other systems
Reasonably priced

Cons

Does not automatically integrate with everything I want it to (yet!)
Standard reporting is adequate rather than extensive
Can't think of anything else

Sudhir S.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Kashflow works

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

Pros

It was easy to set up and get started. The reporting functionality meets all my business needs such as VAT return, Profit & loss and Balance sheet to satisfy end of year accounting.

Cons

On the rare occasion it's good to speak to customer services although most of my queries have been dealt with through email customer support

Jason L.

Better than SAGE by a mile

Reviewed on 17/08/2011

After wrestling with Sage for a few years, too complicated for the sole trader etc, KashFlow is ideal as long as one realises it is not a final accounts package. It is a very simple and easy to use book keeping programme. A business will still need to employ an accountant for end of year purposes, but at least the information is presented in the correct format, ultimately saving one's hard earn cash ending up in the hands of the accountancy profession....

Pros

Very easy to learn and use. Data is stored on their own secure servers. Mistakes can be easily corrected unlike on most accountancy packages.

Cons

Changing between screens can be slow on some occcassions as the programme is not on personal computer.

Karen E.
Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

Brett W.
Industry: Construction

Reviewed on 14/05/2016

Harpreet K.
Industry: Maritime

good

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 4/12/2019

Pros

everything is good about the software...it is easy to use and I like the point conversion.

Cons

All good no complains. Please do not make this section mandatory.

Dan S.

Really good product, easy to use.

Reviewed on 19/08/2015

Pros: Easy to raise invoices and integrate with paypal.

Cons: They sent a few too many emails in the trial period

Kabiru O.

Reviewed on 28/11/2018
Taqi M.
Industry: Publishing

PAYROLL

Good experience with Kashflow

Pros

We like the product and easy to use functions

Cons

Sometime support is weak but overall is ok

Merry S.
Industry: Food & Beverages
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Improve your administration and account management

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 22/09/2019

This system is in comparison to many the most complete and widest range of tools, it is really imperative to have it active in your departments associated with the company's finances, KashFlow is a cloud-based accounting solution with which you can use and mold To almost any type of company, Features include payroll and reports, purchasing management, billing, credit control, accounting, users can create invoices and set up alerts for payment due, it is very complete if we analyze it, and Really useful, although very few people use it, it would be good to know more so they make more updates and improve the platform to please more customers.

Pros

KashFlow provides users with a large number of functions and tools that allow any company to manage with great accuracy and strength with their accounts and billing processes. If you need a program that helps you understand how to enter accounting and administrative transactions, this may be one of the best solutions in the entire market. There are different pricing options, this makes it easy to implement in any company regardless of the value of your The company, or the amount of capital available, has a mobile version so you can see your accounts in motion and also bill customers. This will save time and money and you will not need to hire accountants since even a finance analyst could easily keep the company's accounting.

Cons

I honestly do not find disturbing flaws in the platform, we could mention that the board could use several colors to make it look more visual and thus distinguish between the accounting operations however it has a function to differentiate only that you have to take time to understand and use it, The Configuration is probably the hardest part, and complicated to understand, but in my opinion most accounting systems are difficult to understand.

Clive C.

Saved us £1500 is postage alone

Reviewed on 12/02/2016

Have used Sage for twenty years we looked at all the online - We tested all the other systems and Kashflow was the quickest to set up the easiest to use. Although customer support is by email its very quick so why wasted hours on a phone. They also offer a discount at http://kf.cm/LrG3g1

Pros

invoices, statements and reminder letters all by email.
Payroll can be included.
Simple to set up.
Quick Support via email - you can be working on the items instead of hanging on the end if a phone and then you also have a clear answer which you can refer to in the future
No long Term Contract

Cons

Last time I checked I could not include the supplies invoice number of the payment remittence advice.

Response from KashFlow Software

Hi there - thanks for your invaluable review. Enjoy the product!

Mark S.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Payroll wage

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

Very good, I would pay a bit extra for telephone support as well for both packages as sometimes the wait is really frustrating

Pros

The ease of set up , the ease of use. The integration into accounts package

Cons

It doesn’t have holiday pay . It doesn’t have multiple options for hourly pay on the wage making it time consuming changing the rates everytime.
Other systems do this very well so I’m sure you can change

Mark O.

Makes keeping accounts relatively painless

Reviewed on 7/03/2018

Pros

Our old accountant had us recording all our invoices etc onto a spreadsheet and at the end of the year charged us a small fortune to input this onto their system to eventually produce a profit and loss account, VAT returns and tax return. On the advice of a friend we switched accountants and now use Kashflow. Big pluses are that it's vastly cheaper, it's about the same amount of effort to record expenditure etc but we can easily view what each aspect of our business generates in sales and expenditure. VAT returns used to cost £150/quarter - now take minutes as Kashflow calculates everything and once you've checked it looks Ok a press of a button and it goes straight to HMRC.

Cons

Takes a while to set up initially to have cost codes for different parts of the business, and work out how it all works. However good help articles online and if needed (I didn't) there paid for tutorials.

Marianne S.
Industry: Entertainment

Our experience of Kashflow

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

I like it, although if we could have product discounts it would be so much better.

Pros

Its very user friendly, the bank feeds make it easy to input data. I find it easy to navigate and it has some great features. The reports are good and it makes VAT very easy.

Cons

We cant have product discounts, which means we cant make up quotes in Kashflow. We have to do it in excel to work out discounts and then I have to manually transfer this to KF. You can have customer discounts, but this is no good for us as we have different product discounts.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Lisa N.
Industry: Accounting

Not a great fan

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 17/07/2019

I have a client who has used Kashflow payroll and it turns out that despite the fact that it's been calculating the payroll... when they went to switch to another payroll software, HMRC informed them that they hadn't registered as an employer!!! So its of concern to me that a software has allowed you to run 6+ months of payroll without you even being aware that HMRC aren't receiving the RTI submissions.

Pros

I think its design is fairly user friendly.

Cons

In the small print of this software it locks you in for 12 months.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Susan M.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

KASH FLOW PAYROLL IS 1ST CLASS !!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 31/01/2019

EXPERIENCE IS FIRST CLASS REALLY ENJOY USING THE SOFTWARE

Pros

EASY TO USE ON THE CLOUD, LOTS OF NEW FEATURES BEING ADDED ALL THE TIME

Cons

THE REPORTS SHOULD HAVE THE PAYROLL AND ACCOUNTS NUMBER ON THE TOP SO YOU HAVE THEM WHEN YOUR PRINTED THE REPORT OFF

Piers T.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Excellent booking keeping solution

Reviewed on 14/07/2014

I would highly recommend Kashflow to any small business that wants an intuitive, reliable and well supported book keeping solution. I have used Kashflow for many years, and seen their evolution as they have really listened to what their customers want.

Pros

- excellent, speedy, human support
- intuitive, ideal for the non accountant!
- always improving

Cons

can't really think of any....

Tony G.
Industry: Publishing

Accounting software for dummies

Reviewed on 15/07/2014

Kashflow has helped me enormously in my business... I'm not an expert on book-keeping, but the day to day interface is so easy. I used to struggle to keep on top of accounts, panicking at the end of each quarter, but now all the information is easily at hand.

Pros

Simple, obvious for the uninitiated, great interface, very good support.

Ahmed O.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Kashflow review

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

I have been with Kashflow for over 6 months now and so far so good! I do not have any complaints and the team is very responsive to questions that I need answering.

Pros

It is very easy to use and declare my tax online.

Cons

I would have liked Kashflow account and Payroll to be on the same system.

Chris D.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Bank Feeds not supported

Reviewed on 9/12/2014

Kashflow lauched bank feeds and I thought great. I signed up on my Barclaycard and imported using the steps highlighted in software. The system amended all my transaction for 7 months to negative. I sent details to Kashflow who advised the bank feeds is not support, issues are with yodal so there his nothing they can do. Its there service they are offering. I would avoid using bank feeds as well as Kashflow as the support on this new enhancement they have offered is shocking.

Horror, stay away!

Reviewed on 26/01/2017

If you need to upload actual or older bank statements you'll have a nasty surprise.
Also, the customer service is quiet most of the time, no matter your issues.

Stay away!

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Tom K.
Industry: Computer Hardware

Easy to use, awful to get support

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Pros

KashFlow is a really easy to use system for small businesses and handles CIS correctly which is a plus.

Cons

The support provided by Iris & KashFlow is truly abysmal. The support staff always tell you to ask your accountant which is nonsense.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: Self Employed

Excellent for UK customers who don't plan to do expenses 'on the go'

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Good, enthusiastic people. Particularly good for UK clients who don't need on-the-go.

Pros

VAT and HRMC 'Make Data Digital' integration
UK based, so available during the morning
Great customer service via chat or phone callback

Cons

Their app doesn't allow on-the-road expenses loading, e.g. photo of a receipt loading instantly. Instead it's via dropbox, and is awkward. They claim to working on improvements but if on the road is important to you you'll need to look elsewhere.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Ann D.
Industry: Warehousing

easy use of kashflow payroll

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 30/01/2019

It is easy to do payroll and being someone of little experience in that department it has made it really easy for me to accomplish this task without being scared of doing it..... I would highly recommend it for small/medium business who want value for money or large business with a dedicated HR department

Pros

I have been using Kashflow Payroll for over a year …. it is one the easiest software solution I have ever used I can complete my payroll and all documentation printed off inside 10 minutes

Cons

the only downfall is support... you have to email support and unfortunately they can take up to 48 hours to reply which is usually a bit too long for me I think in this matter you need an answer more promptly