ActiveCampaign Reviews

Alejandro
Alejandro

Activecampaign Best email marketing software

Reviewed on 19/11/2021

My overall experience has been very good. It has excellent customer service when you have problems. In digital marketing we use it every day and it is necessary to have an easier way to do reports / analysis, and ActiveCampaign is difficult to read the reports, also at the beginning it is difficult to use the platform in the first weeks.

Pros

It is an excellent platform, the CRM is very intuitive and the follow-up it gives to customers through automations is excellent, it is capable of sending automated emails or mass emails, since it has some add-ins that are very much in line with the job. . I am dedicated to digital marketing and this system has been very useful for me to be able to organize myself without the need for more paper or old Excel techniques. I highly recommend it for different types of businesses because it is also very adaptive to whatever you want to do.
Highlights are CRM and sales automation, marketing reporting and analytics, contact management, and A / B testing

Cons

It is difficult to use at the beginning, I would say that it has a learning curve of medium difficulty

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I chose ActiveCampaign because it is the most complete of all email marketing software on the market at an affordable price.
Michael
Michael

Powerful Marketing Automation. A bit complex. Great Customer Service.

Reviewed on 3/01/2024

Generally very good. I like the product. It is one of the few good marketing automation platforms with a decent CRM.

Pros

Great customer service and marketing automation capability. Also, it integrates with almost anything.

Cons

I was using an industry-specific version of the platform, which was not a good fit for my needs. Learning how to get the most out of the marketing automation was rather complex.

Pipedrive , Agile CRM , Keap and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I found an industry-specific version of Active Campaign. But that version was not a good fit for my needs. I switched back to Hubspot and may move to odoo.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I found an industry-specific version of the platform. But it missed the mark meeting my industry-specific needs.
Aaron

this is the title of my review

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

training training training. I have been trialling and training how to use this product the whole 12 months or so Ive been using it

Pros

love the automation and the campaigns features. I also like that it integrates with my gmail (G Suite) account.

Cons

some of the features are hidden, the layout is really lacking for easy of use. its hard to find and add tags and lists etc. it seems to have great features but they are hidden away and hard to find.

Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

insightly was great at inegrating into gmail but SUPER hard to use, I really narrowed down the CRMs to ones that had the automation features, I didnt want to have multiple crms and tools all connected together

Insightly

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

pipedrive is amazing!!! but it doesnt have an automation (sort of does now) or bulk email out function like mailchimp. I hate mailchimp so I wanted a CRM that did it internally
Stefan

ActiveCampaign: good solution for next level online marketing

Reviewed on 2/04/2024

a good decision for my company, in order to manage newsletters and mail marketing

Pros

powerful automation features, good API for own extensions, many plugins available, good online documentation and training material

Cons

price is a bit high, website is not always updating correctly

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

was initially using SendinBlue (now Brevo). I did not like the integration in Wordpress, so i switched.
Emma
Emma

Excellent program for a reasonable price

Reviewed on 11/08/2023

We can now automate our email processes, keep closer tabs on our conversion rates, and reduce the time it takes to send out communications thanks to the customizable templates.

Pros

The automation features are fantastic, requiring little effort to set up and offering a wide variety of premade recipes as well as a clean and straightforward interface for creating one's own. Deliverability is greatly aided by the comprehensiveness of the reports and the read/trend reports. When I have questions, the support staff is always quick to answer them.

Cons

It's not easy to find a problem. Even if it may take some time to understand how to make the most of the platform, I have no hesitation in recommending ActiveCampaign to everyone who asks.

Sharon

Like it but not the best

Reviewed on 24/03/2024

I know there are many futures but i have not used all because of time of programing them

Pros

Cons

Every single mail goes to SPAM. And i alwas check the spam score of my mail and its good

Tara

Best Email Marketing Software

Reviewed on 4/03/2024

Pros

A lot of features, everything you need to do professional email marketing

Cons

loading times are often very long which affects the workflow negatively

Danuta

My review

Reviewed on 28/02/2024

I am very happy with active campaign and the usability

I am very happy with active campaign and the usability

Pros

I like The usability and the possibility to integrate other products

Cons

Creating correct automations is a way of complicated

Jaden
Jaden
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Automated Email and SMS Campaigns Made Simple and Seamless

Reviewed on 28/05/2024

Pros

I use ActiveCampaign to seamlessly automate personalized emails for unique customer experiences and for capturing my most-promising leads. It features so many tools that you can use to build email or SMS automations that can be triggered or respond to a customer's actions. There are nearly 1000 native integrations like Shopify, Stripe, Slack, Calendly, Google Ads, Facebook and Instagram.

Cons

ActiveCampaign uses a subscription pricing model that may be a little costly for some businesses starting out.

Michele
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

My experience

Reviewed on 23/05/2024

Pros

ActiveCampaign provides responsive and helpful customer support, including extensive resources such as tutorials, webinars, and a community forum.

Cons

The email template editor, although functional, could be more flexible and intuitive. Some users find it less sophisticated compared to other email marketing tools.

Geir

This blew my mind

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Fantastic!! And extraordinary follow up by their team! Tons of free personal 1:1 help, which I never expected.

Pros

Switched to ActiveCampaign from Pipedrive via ConvertKit and Keap - this is something else. I am so impressed. Very easy to use and well laid out, it is easy to create some of the most robust automated customer follow ups I have seen. AC blows the other softwares out of the water. It works, it is easy to understand and it is the most powerful peace of software I have seen in years. I am so pleased my grin goes all the way around my head.

Cons

Customer service gave 8-10 min waiting time on their chat support these days, and that is just not good enough.

Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Pipedrive is a very good service, but they change things all the time and breaks our aotomations. This created a ton of trouble for us, and when addressing the issue with them, they did not care. So after three years with this we left.

Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Tried Keap, but their software are very cumbersome to use compared with ActiveCampaign. Used two weeks with help from a keap consultant and was still not near to be up and running. Used two days in AC on my own, as comparison. Further on Keap does not support country soesific characters in customers names, so I could not import my list, a ton of stuff does not work outside US, so it turned out there was not much left we could actually use. The rock at marketing, but the software - not for us!!
Mikael
  • Industry: Sports

Highly recommended email service provider (and so much more)

Reviewed on 26/06/2020

Outstanding. In addition to how great the software is, the few times I've been in contact with customer support, that experience has also been very, very good. And the pricing is very reasonable for what the product gives you.

Pros

I am only using the Email Service Provider side of the software, not the CRM, so I will comment from the ESP perspective. What I like the most is the unlimited flexibility and features. In the "old days", marketers needed super expensive and complicated software like Infusionsoft to achieve what ActiveCampaign can do, in terms of automation, rules, segmentation and so on.

This unlimited flexibility means you can make your email marketing as simple or as sophisticated as you like, the choice is yours.

Generally speaking, the features of the software are outstanding!

Cons

In some ways the user interface can be a bit clumsy, e.g. when creating an email campaign. It's not bad, but there's room for improvement.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I needed more functionalities and flexibility in automation and segmentation.

AWeber

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

The best combination of features and functionality and price, by a large margin.
Keleigh

Consolidated so many tools into one

Reviewed on 31/08/2020

Their customer support is beyond great. I’ve sent instant chats to ask questions many times and I’m always impressed by how out of the way their reps go to help me. I even had one rep who built out an entire custom automation for me based on my needs.

Pros

I held back from investing in ActiveCampaign for over a year because of the overall cost. What I didn’t realize then was that I would be able to cancel FOUR other software subscriptions thanks to the robust suite of features that AC has. This software has played a critical role in my ability to grow my business by over 150% this year and I would recommend it to anyone!

Cons

I would give my left leg for AC to have mobile functionality. They don’t have an app and the mobile version of their site is non-functional. It quite literally can only be used on a computer. This is the one place where AC is severely behind their competitors.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Because AC has so many more features.

MailerLite

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

AC seemed like a longer term solution, based on features.
Mike
Mike

Best of its kind but getting complacent on the basics

Reviewed on 10/01/2021

I was a huge advocate for AC early on. Now, I temper that because of my frustrations. If they listen to their users more and get down to fixing the basics that are way outdated, they can soon get back to a full 5* experience. But for now, I would say try it out carefully. If you don't need the capabilities that distinguish it from the likes of MailChimp, it probably is not worth the annoying hassles.

Pros

This is high-end marketing automation at mid-market pricing. If you want to automate marketing to a high-degree and with great sophistication, AC allows you to do nearly anything - yet at a price point similar to email marketing tools with little or no automation. That's why I chose Active Campaign and why I stick with it.

Cons

For all of its technical sophistication, there are a few weak points around basics. Its email creation interface feels dated and the handling of image assets is clunky and horrid. Creating restore points and undo is flaky and unreliable. And what makes all this so bad is that users have logged these points for several years as top requests and AC has not addressed them. Instead they add fancy functionality. The basics of everyday use matter and the experience spoils the software for me.

ConvertKit and Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I switched from MailChimp because I needed the automation functionality. Now, MailChimp are building that capability. I hope AC can continue to stay ahead on that and catch up with MC's usability and UX.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I chose AC over ConvertKit for better functionality and marginally better price (2017) and over InfusuionSoft (now Keap) because that was WAY too expensive for my business.
Pedro
Pedro

A convenient All-in-One CRM and Automation

Reviewed on 8/05/2021

In my company, Active Campaign is used on a daily basis. We are a franchising network, needing one full-service CRM and Marketing Automation to be shared within the network (similar automations for the whole network), while leaving space and autonomy for each franchisee to develop its own (Sales management, marketing management). Active Campaign allows not only this structure to work seamlessly, but the way the service is organized allows a whole range of possibilities for my company, most of which we haven't yet scratched the surface.

Pros

It's easy to use, easy to deploy and being all-in-1 solution for marketing and sales management, automation, it's very convenient and comparatively affordable.

Cons

A few areas are still under development and not quite up to the task, namely features such as landing page development, or conditional forms.

John

Easy Organization Of My List & My Favorite CRM

Reviewed on 15/10/2021

My overall experience has been very good. When I was first getting to know the system I used their chat support to figure things out and they sent me step by steps screen shots and customized video walkthroughs. That's what really won me over, knowing I can do just about anything I needed and instead of trying to take half a day to figure out how to do it on my own, they simply walk me through it now.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use the different mechanisms of ActiveCampaign. The tagging system is easy to use and really helps to organize my list. It also makes it so I don't have to create multiple lists and duplicate emails. I also have to say, their customer support has been awesome. Their chat support people will send me step by step screen shots on what to do and even record video for me to watch them set things up and explain how to do something. I mean seriously, their support is 5 star.

They also have a really good API system. I am able to connect different pieces of software to ActiveCampaign so my contacts or organized as they come in.

Cons

I don't really have anything to add here. It's easy to use and the support is fantastic.

Graham

Powerful, near enterprise grade Marketing Automation system

Reviewed on 31/01/2022

Extremely high value Marketing Automation system priced at a highly competitive rate to traditional enterprise tier Marketing Automation/CRM solutions while meeting almost 80-90% of the features and functions of traditional enterprise solutions.

Many organisations that are currently on enterprise Marketing Automation solutions could easily migrate to ActiveCampaign and see a better Ux for their teams and significant savings of over 70% on their tooling costs.

Pros

A step up from most Email Marketing tools that brings a powerful Marketing CRM and automation system. Highly competitive against the enterprise grade platforms of Hubspot and Marketo. Brings much of the day to day functionality you will typically need and avoids a lot of the excess and bloat of the larger enterprise platforms.

Easy to setup and build automations and campaigns.

Very cost effective Marketing Automation CRM that integrates well with all other Enterprise tools

Cons

Field management and auto-fill functionality is lack.

Email/Templates builder while works well is very rigid and locks in to the system, requiring custom builds to be made inside the platform. Little to no documentation or functionality for importation of external builds.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Marketo Engage

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Mailchimp doesn't have a true Marketing Automation system or CRM. Marketo has a terrible Ux Hubspot has too many underbuilt features ActiveCampaign has just the right Ux and features mix for 95% of hyper growth software businesses

Unbounce and Mailchimp

Nick
  • Industry: Online Media

Affordable Marketing Automation

Reviewed on 8/08/2022

As an online business owner, my email list is really the lifeblood of my business and one of my biggest monthly expenses. ActiveCampaign has been a great investment and a service I'm happy to recommend.

Pros

I've been an ActiveCampaign customer since 2017 and have recommended it to dozens of friends over that time. It's super powerful marketing automation and email marketing software, for a great price. (I believe I'm on their lowest pricing tier.)

I like that I can easily integrate forms with other email collection tools to drive sign-ups (LeadPages, Group Leads, etc.) and create personalized welcome sequences and automations for different segments of my audience. Deliverability and open rates are strong.

Cons

I have 3 main gripes.

First, the reporting is weak. It would be cool to slice the new subscriber data by form to see what forms were driving the most sign-ups for a given time period. The only available option is the lifetime of that form. Since I have 100s of forms at this point, it's sometimes hard to tell where a spike in new subscribers is coming from.

Second, the customer support is frustrating. There's very little proactive effort made to troubleshoot any issue and they make you jump through a bunch of hoops.

Third, I wish they'd bring back area code geo-targeting. A few years ago, ActiveCampaign would assign subscribers an area code based on their IP address. This was super helpful for hosting local meetups whenever I'd travel. Now it seems they only assign a city, which is better than nothing, but not ideal.

ConvertKit , Drip and GetResponse

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I was looking for more flexibility in segmenting my audience. And it was a bonus that ActiveCampaign was more affordable as well.

AWeber

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Of all the email marketing services I shopped, ActiveCampaign had the best combination of the feature set I was looking for, ease of use, and price.
Anastacia

ActiveCampaign

Reviewed on 9/11/2022

Overall, I like this product and it has a lot of helpful features/ tools within the software itself. So if you plan on using ActiveCampaign for more than just one element then it's definitely worth the time and money to use.

Pros

I love that this software is just so easy to use on any level. Whether you are experienced with email marketing and automation or if you are new to the team and have never used it before. It's a simple click and drag or click to update etc. It makes it easy to get plenty of support from people on your team who just need to help to complete some simple tasks.

Cons

The thing I disliked about this software is it a little cluttered. There are so many features and it can be overwhelming if you are only using it for one specific purpose.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign was more affordable for what we needed.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign was more affordable for the tools we needed.
Roger

Good for email marketing

Reviewed on 9/05/2023

Pros

The advantages it has is that it is easy to automate the emails that need to be sent based on conditions such as the stage of the funnel where the lead is or the lead's score

Cons

I think it's time they could incorporate WhatsApp and social media messaging management into the CRM without the need to use any external platform

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Because ActiveCampaign has a better lead management tools

Lead management
Noel

ActiveCampaing is the best tool for marketing an customer management!

Reviewed on 24/09/2023

From the moment I began using ActiveCampaign, it transformed the way I approach email marketing. The platform offers an amalgamation of depth and simplicity. While the features are advanced, they are laid out in a manner that’s easy to grasp. The support team deserves special mention. They've been consistently responsive and helpful, guiding me through any challenges. Whether it's managing contacts, setting up automations, or diving deep into analytics, ActiveCampaign has provided a reliable and efficient experience.

Pros

ActiveCampaign truly stands out in its user-friendly interface and powerful automation capabilities. The platform offers an extensive set of tools that make email marketing, segmentation, and automation a breeze. The built-in CRM is a game-changer, seamlessly integrating all my contact details and interaction histories. It also provides insightful tracking features, ensuring I understand my audience's behavior and can tailor my campaigns accordingly. Moreover, the level of customization available for emails, combined with the intuitive visual automation builder, has helped in crafting high-performing campaigns.

Cons

Honestly, there's not much to criticize given its overall performance. However, for newcomers to email marketing or those used to more basic platforms, there might be a bit of a learning curve initially. The vast array of features, while advantageous, can be a little overwhelming.

KlickTipp , Mailchimp and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

When considering other products in the market, it was clear that while many offered bits and pieces of what ActiveCampaign provides, none encapsulated its entire suite of tools. Platforms like Mailchimp and HubSpot were on the list, but ActiveCampaign's robust automation capabilities, combined with its CRM and pricing structure, made it the most attractive option. The positive reviews and its reputation in the community further solidified the decision.In conclusion, ActiveCampaign has become an indispensable tool in my marketing arsenal. For anyone serious about elevating their email marketing game, I wholeheartedly recommend giving it a try.
Gabby
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Satisfied with Active Campaign

Reviewed on 12/07/2020

I've used several different email marketing software providers but when I switched to Active Campaign, I was finally satisfied with one. It was easy for me to get started using it and that was a big factor for me.

I like how the automations are similar to advanced email software and are easy to use. All the commands that I need are in the automations so I don't have to do a work-around.

Customer service has been helpful each time I contact them. When needed, they send me the exact link to the documentation I need, or answer my question.

Overall, I enjoy using Active Campaign and find it easy to use. The pricing is fair and I believe I get more value compared to other companies with similar pricing.

Pros

More features than other software at similar pricing
Pricing is fair
Easy to set up
Fast start to using the software
Good documentation
Good customer service that points to documents when needed

Cons

I don't know all of the features or how they could help my business - more explaining how things work would be helpful so I can decide if I want to implement it or not

Elite Features at a Great Price Point

Reviewed on 3/04/2022

AC gives us everything we need for ~10% the cost of some of the "bigger " options. Cracks show if you look deep, the overall product is as advertised. If you're into automation – in the true sense – you'll love it.

Pros

ActiveCampaign is built around automation, rather than flashy UI. It's a tremendous toolbox – deep hooks into other systems (often via Zapier), simple workflow and journey builders, easy data management. You can run a multi-million dollar marketing program on AC ... and we do.

Cons

AC can be slow at times, and some "killer features" of other products – pre-form user tracking on the website, flashy reporting – lack.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Deeper feature set and integrated CRM

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Cost and easy of implementation
Anthony

Easy to use and well priced for the features you get

Reviewed on 13/02/2023

This is the second business I've implemented ActiveCampaign into - and on both occassions it has delivered tremendous value with quick setup and easy to use features for all users (even those who required onboarding as a first time user).

Pros

The marketing automation sequences are easy to visualise and build - with options to integrate directly into most CRM solutions for easy lead capture and management. The email deliverability is robust and the pricing model is significantly better value than most in the market for each new 'tier' of contacts.

Cons

It would be great to have a live chat function for any quick workarounds however the ticket support is relatively quick to respond (usually <24 hours).

MailerLite

Previous experience with ActiveCampaign

Strong Automation System & Ecomm DataLayer, Weak Support and Long Standing Bugs

Reviewed on 4/09/2017

Pros

Activecampaign sets the bar for building automations, with great sorting and filtering features including customer records, tags, lists, conditional rules/routing, e-commerce data such as purchases, crm pipelines and even a custom event layer. We have created very complex integrations for dozens of businesses ranging from E-Commerce stores, to Gyms to local businesses.

It's really simple to learn and use, and powerful enough to tackle even the most complex business processes. This includes in-store purchases on a POS to sending out emails or automation's based on purchases or LTV. It also supports multiple E-Commerce platforms natively, but be aware those features are nearly 4x the price to unlock after the trial.

Cons

After months of issues that resulted in one of our clients losing an excess of $40,000 in revenue, we can no longer recommend activecampaign. Poor support was to blame for this issue, with it being impossible to get someone on a call even though we pay 6 figures a year for service.

Activecampaign is growing really really fast. Because of this, They have pretty terrible support and there are also long-standing bugs that they seem to have no intention to fix. For instance, the system is supposed to generate previews for each automation's email steps and in various other places, but instance shows a broken image. We have inquired about this to the support to be told they are aware it's been broken for over a year and have no ETA or intention on repairing it. We have this problem on all our client's accounts(dozens), and it's a serious issue with UI/UX but they don't seem to care.

There are also some major logic issues, such as if you filter an automation to show anyone with 0 purchases, it doesn't work. We also inquired about this but got another non-response...

So basically, where it works, it works well but there are a few major issues and they don't seem intent on repairing them, even though they are steady releasing more features to add to their pricing tiers. Overall, it's hard to find another system that provides the ease of use, features, and value of activecampaign but the support and existing bugs are a nasty/necessary compromise.