NEOGOV

4.3/5

Lisa

Great Product with LOTS of options

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

I really enjoy NeoGov and the versatility to provides. Customer Service is always super helpful and friendly, quick to respond to emails if you choose that route rather than calling. The more I learn that I can do, the more I enjoy this program. The fact that they are always working to improve it is amazing, especially as those improvements are ACTUALLY improvements, unlike many software companies that make things so much harder every time they update something.

Pros

There is so much versatility to NeoGov. You can use one or two modules, or use all of them. You don't have to pay for the entire suite in order to utilize the software effectively. It is straight forward but there is a lot of options and customization that can be done behind the scenes.

Cons

Marking Veteran's Preference to an application is a slow, annoying process when you have dozens of applicants. You have to go into each applicant's master profile, select the job, mark the preference and save it. It doesn't apply to all the jobs they've applied for either so you have to go into each job individually to do this. For every candidate.

Rose
  • Industry: Government Administration

No HR specialist or IT specialist on staff and we were able to implement

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Good customer support and implementation support.

Good customer support and implementation support.

Pros

Generally easy to understand and use. The web-based platform was perfect for us during remote work and continues to be an asset to us.

Cons

Some features are not intuitive and there are some features (especially notifications) that aren't available and would be very helpful.

Meng
  • Industry: Government Administration

Learning process along with bumps

Random issues pop up in CoreHR…. not stable

Random issues pop up in CoreHR…. not stable

Pros

Comprehensive, good vision and like the modules in one suite

Cons

Configuration needs improvement; COREHr implementation was rough, PM didn’t have good bedside manner; still having issues with Payroll every pay period

Neogov Review

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

Neogov has a very high learning curve. Once I became proficient - after about 6 to 9 months later - I found the application fairly easy to navigate. However, I learn additional functions regularly as I use it. I am an expert user now, but I have been using it for 5 1/2 years. Our section has 2 other recruiters who have been there for 2 years now. They continue to ask me user questions which I then walk them through. The application is not intuitive. A user needs to know exactly where to go to perform the function they need to perform. The tutorials need to be more detailed and clear as they leave users with questions after they have completed the tutorials.

Pros

Neogov is great once you learn how it works. I like that I can customize job announcements, add point values to questions, and add photos to job announcements. I like the auto-grader if the scoring plan is set up correctly.

I like the dashboard tasks section and that I am notified when a new requisition has been approved.

I like the candidate tracking in OHC since the new update. The visual of the candidate steps on the wheel is helpful.

Cons

The bold, italic and underline capabilities in the supplemental questions has been removed. Also, I can't change the color of the font in either the job posting or the supplemental questions.

Report titles don't really reflect what information the report pulls. I have to open all related reports to find the one I need to use to obtain the information I need.

Options under applicants are in a different order and named differently under applicants for various lists in Insight and OHC.

When entering a hire, with the last OHC update, a tab for approvers now exists. This is confusing for managers as they enter some random name. If the approval section was eliminated, it would be much better for managers and recruiters as recruiters would receive a notification once the hire has been entered and submitted.

User access on the OHC side is confusing for managers. The owner of the requisition is the only one who can upload final recruitment documents. Access for hiring managers as well as the owner would allow anyone who is either to perform necessary functions without have to have HR change the owner.

I have created job announcements with templates that have an incorrect scoring plan, so then the auto-grader doesn't work - it fails all applicants. Then its very time consuming to figure out where the issue is in the scoring plan.

Echo

Neogov for Higher Education

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

Pros

The ease of most things. End-user ease. How well time and attendance work with Payroll

Cons

Auto signs out to quickly. Some pages take too long to load

Jessica
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great features for low cost

Great for candidate and managers experience

Great for candidate and managers experience

Pros

The OH has so many amazing features such as eoffers ereferences texting and extremely user friendly

Cons

Insight module is not updated and working in two systems for the candidate process is not ideal

Leigh

Great product!

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

Overall, it has been extremely positive!

Overall, it has been extremely positive!

Pros

Insight has been the biggest help to our university. The ease and accuracy we can move people through the process has been a great help.

Cons

Even with the customisations available, there are some limitations to parts of the application template.

Patricia

NEOGOV for Talent Management

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

Pros

What I love most about NEOGOV is that we are able to use it across all levels to help with recruitment all the way to candidate hired.

Cons

I think without admin access we have a difficulty with having access to a lot of the cool features that could help us.

Chelsea

Neogov experience

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

Pros

Being able to track our applicants, have all the dashboards set up to monitor how we are doing on recruitments.

Cons

Would like to have more mobile phone capability for applicants to apply on their phones, make quick updates to add additional documents.

Marissa

Neogov for Higher Ed

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

It’s been a learning curve since implementation but I love it so far.

It’s been a learning curve since implementation but I love it so far.

Pros

I love that with the unified suite you have quick access to the modules and i formation you need.

Cons

Some pages load slower than others, and it auto signs me out too often when I’m working.

Colleen

We've been using Personality for 14 years and went from separate systems into one integrated...

Reviewed on 20/02/2018

We went from two different systems into one HR/Payroll system. We gained efficiencies by only have to enter data once into one shared system. We eliminated a lot of human error that occurs when entering the same data twice. We were able to enforce our labor contracts by having only those involved in negotiations implement the updates to the system. We are now able to get real time data out of our payroll system to evaluate expected turnover rates, contract costs and stay current on meeting compliance issues.

Pros

Personality is highly configurable which is important when you have 26 different units that have completely different personnel policies, benefits, salaries and leave schedules that have to be evaluated for each employee, every two weeks during payroll. This configuration can be done by your own employees who are subject matter experts, who understand the macro or micro of your companies business needs. The ease of configuration allows the business owner to make the changes to the software based on their needs and not when the other software company gets you into their queue.

Cons

The color scheme for the test instance and production instance are the same and can lead to issues if you are not careful when working in one and thinking you are in the other. However I understand in the latest version currently being tested this is has become an updateable feature as well.

Damian

I love it!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Use of NeoGov has greatly enhanced our operations in that everything we need to do is within one system. Prior to use of NeoGov, we were using one system for job posting and application review and a different one for score integration and promulgation. Needless to say, NeoGov was definitely an upgrade!

Pros

As an analyst working in a very fast-paced exams unit, I manage many different recruitments at one time and NeoGov allows me to easily develop my job postings, track my applicants, schedule testing and certify them. With the number of different notifications we send to our applicants/candidates, having a library of pre-populated templates makes it much easier when it's time to send notifications.

Cons

There is functionality in NeoGov within the Exam Plans that I have never used before and rather than having to fish out my NeoGov manual, it would be helpful if there was a hyperlink that would take us to the place in the manual that explains and provides guidance on the use of that functionality.

Cristin

Best ATS for Government

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Pros

We use the ATS and Onboard. NEOGOV is easy to learn and navigate has feature that are invaluable such as interview self-scheduling; ability to search class specs/job descriptions for agencies nationwide; applicant read responses; robust reporting and metrics. NEOGOV offers ongoing training on every topic and customer service is outstanding. Integrating with our HRMS and Background Check vendor were easy.

Cons

Improvements could be made with regard to batch downloading applications (it would be nice to be able to download the pre-preview version of the application which is easier to read than the current batch download with lines and boxes on the application). Small improvements could be made to interview scheduling such as the ability to export the interview schedule into a nicer format with candidate contact info, rather than just a spreadsheet). These are not deal breakers. NEOGOV is outstanding!

Michael
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great product for people new to the HR world

Reviewed on 7/10/2022

it has all been great, very user friendly and helpful through all my training in this new field of HR. and the customer support is amazing i have made many many mistakes and have only had to call and they help right away, this conferance has also helped me with looking at things from a differant perspective to help with recruiting

Pros

this is a user friendly system that gives you training in the system to make your self better in all they products. the customer serv is amazing. any time i call they are helping me work out any problem that i have and if they don't know how to help they call back quick with some one that can help with everything.

Cons

some of the little things that have tripped me up in the exam plan with steps i wish you could add in steps or remove steps, even after some one my have been moved into them. as a new user i have made mistakes with not clicking something in the set up of the step and was not able to removed said step after moved someone in and found the mistake.

Annette

Government Application System

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

Product is good. Frustrated how there are extra fees for everything, including now you have to pay to take their training programs. You should not have to pay extra to learn how to be more proficient and better use a product features.

Pros

It provides a basic electronic application system for applicants for government jobs. Allows employees to have one application to apply for multiple jobs. Can look at applicant history to see what they have applied for in the past and the stages of the recruitment process.

Cons

It is pricey for what we get. Additional components are all add-on costs. Even the training through their on-line "university" now has a fee associated with learning about how to use the product. Reporting is very limited and it is difficult to get what we actually need without time spent trying to manipulate the data.

Diane

Keeps on improving

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Pros

I like the responsiveness of the developers, they are always working on improving the customer experience and the software has become much more intuitive and easier to use as a result.
I also think their customer service team rocks! Every time I have reached out to them, they have helped me resolve my issues immediately.

Cons

There are some areas that are still pretty clunky and could be improved by simple things like autopopulating a field. For instance needing two windows open to complete a job form to cut and paste an applicant email address, or user information that I've inputted multiple times before.

Erica

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Pros

I love that this program is user friendly. At a glance you can see all of the tasks that are due and their due dates. I also love on the admin side all of the data and analytics that are provided for your applicant pool. For EEO reporting this is very useful information.

Cons

Some of my least favorite things about this software is the difficult form builder. Since you can’t upload your forms and make them fillable this this really difficult, and causes forms to not be uniform. It does give you the option to upload your own forms, but there is a disclaimer that the form will be distorted. It would be amazing if this could be fixed.

Deana
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

The product has worked well for our needs, however, after 4+ yrs we still have modules to...

Reviewed on 20/02/2018

Customizable, reports, enterprise system (we never had a formal HR system)

Customizable, reports, enterprise system (we never had a formal HR system)

Pros

The product is customizable to our needs. We have a complex calculation for health benefit deductions and were able to build it into the system. Anything that is input, calculated in the system can be pulled out into a report.

Cons

The implementation took many more man hours than we expected and we were not advised on this subject until we actually started implementing. Also after the implementation is complete besides additional modules, a team still needs to remain on the project for issues, upgrades, patches etc.

We also have several issues that have not been resolved for more than 1 year.

Judy
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Very flexible software. Can make it process almost any pay.

Reviewed on 1/03/2018

Made processing payroll much easier. My favorite process is trial calcs. We used to spend a lot of time figuring employees pay. Now it's a click of a finger

Pros

Once set up, processing payroll is quite easy to accomplish. User calcs run behind the scene to make even the most complicated payroll process quite nicely. Data entry is quick and easy. Pulling up information happens at the snap of a finger, so to speak.

Cons

Setting up the program is difficult for the non techie. User calcs must be written to make the system do more complicated calculations that are required to ensure payroll is prepared properly. Definitely requires a computer tech to maintain this system.

Joanne

Overall Good ATS

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Overall we are happy with Neogov. There are issues but for the most part it does what we need it to do in regards to applicant tracking. We did try to integrate other programs with Neogov but there seems to be some bugs in that regard as well.

Pros

It offers a good way of tracking applicants. Most government agencies use this program so it's easy to pick up. It offers some features that the user can customize and is useful.

Cons

Customer service is not responsive. I had issues with reports that were ran in Insight and after many phone calls and emails, no response from the contact person. It seems you are on your own.

Alexis

NEOGOV - Perform, Insight and Onboard

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

NEOGOV has lightened the paperwork load which we are all very grateful for that the system has allowed us to automate the process.

Pros

NEOGOV is visually appealing to the user. On the Perform end it allows users to easily navigate, complete and view all of their personal and direct report performance evaluations.

Cons

Unfortunately it is not a one size fits all software. There are certain processes we have in place due to Accreditation standards and state law records that when it comes to reporting and record keeping we still have to have a manual process for pulling specific information.

Amanda

Easiest HR system I've Used

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Pros

Our county uses several NEOGOV modules including Perform, Onboard, Learn, eForms, and Insight and it's so nice having one place where we can track all of our information for our employees. It's eliminated paper for us and just makes our jobs so much easier. It's super user friendly as well so it's easy to learn new information and teach other employees.

Cons

There are some things especially in Perform that aren't super user friendly like changing approvers on evaluations and the bulk actions don't work sometimes.

David

Severely Underwhelmed

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Pros

I like that we're not managing recruiting and applicants via spreadsheets and that this software is cloud-based.

Cons

The software is not intuitive, attractive, and easy to use compared to other ATS' available. The report builder is so basic and doesn't provide any good options to analyze applicant behaviors, trends, etc. Live issues we've had don't get fixed through support for months - always "forwarded to development team" or "submit an idea".

Marisa
  • Industry: Utilities

Neolove

Excellent!

Excellent!

Pros

NEOGOV is an integral piece of our HR systems and the ease of use and experience it gives our candidates is top notch. NEOGOV is our 4th member of our HR team.

Cons

There isn't anything I dislike about NEOGOV! Products are top notch!

Maria

Neogov

I have been using neogov for over 10 years

I have been using neogov for over 10 years

Pros

Neogov is easy to use. There are functions I would like to see. Track time on requisition approvals

Cons

Hired candidates are not removed from all referred lists. No tracking on requisitions approvals