Kapwing

4.3/5

Henry W.

Great Editor for On-the-Fly Project

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

It was difficult to learn, but after browsing the features and capability (including the speed of import/export of files) we knew it would be the perfect in-between for video editing.

Pros

There is no program or drive required for use. To our knowledge and experience, Kapwing is a browser-based editor, and it is a fairly robust service. It may take a while to learn and memorize the quirks that exist in the program, but it is freely available, and that has helped us out tremendously.

Cons

The paywall. The paywall seems unusual and perhaps unfair. Hard to tell because it exists behind the option to save more than a handful of files. The price tag is high, but that tag doesn't prevent us from using the core features.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Kapwing

While Adobe no doubt has a host of features, we were looking for something simple, fast, and inexpensive. Adobe was none of those things.
Brianne K.

memes as a service

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

Great experience using the product, especially with a small team

Pros

I use Kapwing to create video content and memes for my early stage company.

This has been a great way to generate traffic to my professional website and leads to higher engagement on our company's social media channels.

Cons

I don't have any complaints at this time

Kelvin F.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Kapwing Review

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Was great using it for promo videos an YouTube videos.

Pros

The fact that am able to add shapes to my videos and export to different formats make kapwing a great tool

Cons

I'd prefer an offline version of kapwing

Mark W.
  • Industry: Media Production

Love Kapwing -- Highly Recommended for any Content Creator

Reviewed on 2/04/2020

Kapwing is great for various reasons. There's a lot of features for both images and video, all of which are extremely easy to use. I also like that the Kapwing staff actively participates in a discord channel they run, and response quickly to user feedback and input. They are always listening to their users and doing the best they can to offer new features and update the software to meet the needs of the users. As stated in the title of my review, if you create content, even using high end software, there's likely a reason for you to still use Kapwing for something.

Pros

Kapwing is an incredible platform that makes editing video and images really easy. Having the various tools and templates makes things extremely easy and will have you making material that looks extremely professional, like it was made on very high end software.

Cons

So if you use the free version without an account, there's a very large and distracting watermark on the content. I wish it was smaller for the free version. I do pay for the Pro account, but I did that before Kapwing changed their site around where if you create an account, there's no watermark. Though they did a recent update where projects export quicker for pro users, I don't believe there's enough of a difference between the Pro account and the free account, to justify the $200/year price point. Now that you no longer need to pay $200,to remove the watermark, there's really no justification for the price. Obviously the money goes to helping them stay funded and create a great product, and I get that, but I believe they should provide more value for Pro users.

Also, I think their regular "studio" tool is a bit clunky and isn't that great to use. When using a specific tool, it's great. But starting a project from scratch in Studio is a bit tedious.

Robin P.
  • Industry: Photography

AN EARLY REVIEW OF KAPWING

Reviewed on 28/03/2020

I use it primarily to create versions of my original photographs to suit Instagram's aspect ratio limitations without undesirable cropping. I am retired from business and so Kapwing's free option is very important to me - It enables me to remain creative.

Kapwing technical support and response is very good and the user feels that they care and that you are not abandoned after they have created their software as is the case with some app developers.

Pros

I particularly like its straightforward interface and that also that my images are not spoilt by Kapwing credits - In gratitude I always credit #kapwing on social media and recommend it to others.

Cons

It can be a bit clunky when uploading an image and Tool Tips would make it much easier. My learning curve has mostly been by experiment!

After uploading an image it often doesn't automatically show for selection in my Workspace and consequently can be difficult to find.

Alan W.

Nothing else compares!

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

Not sure how I found Kapwing but it has been the most efficient video creating tool we have,

Pros

It simply has all the features any business would need regardless of skill level.

Cons

Any previous Cons have always been removed as the program improves.

Sarah M.
  • Industry: Investment Management

The ultimate social media toolkit

Reviewed on 13/02/2020

My experience with Kapwing has grown from strength to strength as the product has added more features and functionality, making the work I do in social media management so much easier.

Pros

Kapwing provides all the essential tools for creating engaging social media content, in one place. The most helpful tool within the product for me has been the resizing tool, which allows me to optimize the crop of my content for different platforms. It also gives me the option to export in GIF or MP4 for video-based content which saves me so many additional steps to export in other tools.

Cons

There are SO many different features, sometimes you have to look a little longer to find what you are looking for.

Christian C.
  • Industry: Music

You can do everything!

Reviewed on 17/01/2021

Sometimes i need to create some videos for my youtube channel, thanks to Kapwing i can do that.

Pros

A lot of tools for video and photo making;
No watermarks in the free edition;
Fast rendering for mp4 videos;

Cons

Some tools are complicated to use, they need to add some tutorials;
The monthly price for me is a bit elevated;

Navish A.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

I hope the product improves. It has a lot of potential. But at this point, it is purely...

Reviewed on 2/06/2020

Pros

1. This software is definitely one of the easiest video editing softwares you will find in the market to use.
2. A majority of its features are available for free, so 5/5 on value for money there.
3. The auto-subtitle feature is great. It helps you get started with 75% of the work and then you can simply edit it to have subtitles done in 1/4th the time.

Cons

1. The software, atleast the main overall tool - Studio - is incredibly clunky. It is ridden with bugs. It also fails to save properly and you keep losing a bunch of your work. As an exmaple of its bugs, right now I am facing a problem where a trimmed portion of the video is showing up on the final export and the subtitles are all off-sync from it too. Exported it multiple times! Argh!
2. It provides zero indication if its actually doing any processing or not in the background and occasionally just "hangs". Which is weird for a software on the cloud.
3. An immense number of basic features are just pure lacking that I feel are necessary - an undo/history feature, transition features that are actually use-able, audio adjustment across layers, export of entire video's subtitle file (can only export individual layer).
4. The export quality simply is not high. Even when you choose the 1080p option. It also dampens the audio in the video for no reason!
4. Looking for its training center feels like a maze. Once you find it, there is a small bunch of tutorial articles that are decent but is the barest minimum you can think of. But beyond that, the resources section reads more like marketing material that gets ridiculous to go through!

Sahadev K.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

Excellent. Results as expected.

Pros

I create videos out of social media posts/ own videos. I need to put sub titles/ images with different Indian languages in the videos. I foud Kapwing to be very easy to learn and very versatile for my needs.

Cons

Yet to explore all features. Hence cannot comment

Brian W.
  • Industry: Online Media

Kapwing FTW

Reviewed on 9/04/2020

So easy my 5 year old son can use it, and he does! Plus their support is great and responsive.

Pros

What’s not to like. An online browser editor with user friendly controls, fun templates, and auto subtitles. It’s a helpful tool for beginning and experienced content creators.

Cons

Perhaps the timeline on the editor itself. I’m used to a horizontal timeline on most editors. Using Scenes to edit videos took me awhile to adapt, but only because I’ve been editing on other programs for so long.

Maxi G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Huge relief for the non-tech-savvy

Reviewed on 2/11/2020

My first day I used the free trial for three different tasks, my second I already upgraded to a month subscription for others. Very happy with the simple design that is competitive with other professional output I'm seeing.

Pros

This is by far the most user friendly captioning interface I've ever encountered. I do a wide variety of projects that I always struggle through by the skin of my teeth or have to hire out for, and Kapwing allows me to knock them out quickly and without stress.

Cons

n/a

Tom P.

Amazing tool for easy and quick content creation

Reviewed on 3/08/2020

A brilliant content creation tool for social media that has a tonne of features available even in the free version.

Pros

Kapwing is an incredible tool for social media content creation, be it GIF's, images, videos, it has a suite of tools to create awesome looking content in minutes.

Cons

May take some time for absolute beginners to wrap their head around. Could do with a mini tutorial for new users.

Audrey W.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

I am a new and Upcoming Youtuber and I love to get good help

Reviewed on 30/09/2021

I love this and I would recommend this to everyone I know

Pros

I loved how easy it was to make and save and complete the process

Cons

It took a while to download but it was and is worth it

All-in-one media tool

Reviewed on 15/02/2020

Pros

Kapwing makes me feel like a professional videographer or digital editor without any training. It is easy to stitch together demos and webinar materials for my startup. I even use it to make fun memes to share on our company Slack once in a while too.

Cons

They provide many tools that it can sometimes take a little time to find the exact one you need.

Timothy C.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used for 1-5 months

Do not buy! The functionality of this product is the absolute worst...

Reviewed on 25/05/2020

You might get the job done eventually, but it will be like pulling teeth 10x. Honestly the people who designed the piece of junk should be ashamed that they charge for it. I'm not making this up. Do not pay these people any money! There are so many other video apps out there. Please do yourself a favor and stay clear.

Pros

It's pretty simple to figure out how to use. After a few minutes of tinkering around with it you can pretty much figure out all that you need to know about how to make a video.

Cons

The functionality of the product is downright shameful. I've never used anything before so riddled with bugs and malfunctions. It's freezes every time. If you try to refresh the screen it makes you wait 10 min for it to reload. If you upload a new video it actually corrupts some of the other videos that have already been uploaded. It actually gets more buggy the more you use it. If you upload audio in it it never plays correctly and constantly plays scratched videos out of sync. Due to the horrible functionality of the product it took me most of Saturday and ALL DAY Sunday to finish a project that really shouldn't have taken longer then 30 min. This is the most frustrating piece of junk I've ever used. They should give me my money back.

Stephan M.
  • Industry: Events Services

Not practical software - Pointless as cant perform basic function and way too clunky

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

Disappointing

Pros

The idea that it might actually work but it didnt perform.

Cons

The audio and video is consistently out of sync which renders the site pointless in my opinion. When I brought this up with the people in Kapwing they were friendly enough but refused to see why this would be an issue and their suggestion was to use a different audio and video and sync the separately which kind of defeats the purpose of the site in first place. Despite the fact that the issue is on their side, they refused to see it that way and pretty much ignnored any logic. When I asked for a refund based on it not being fit for purpose I was told, well actually ignored.

Fernando O.

Smooth like pudin to use

Reviewed on 16/09/2021

Loved every feature. Loved even more before the update

Pros

Learning curve it's almost nothing compared to another tool

Cons

Payment in USD. In my currency (BRL) it's sustainable to maintain

Lewis Y.

Great value for money, very easy to learn.

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Pros

Splitting and cutting videos is super simple, plus the ability to add subtitles and shapes/text is great and makes videos look really polished. Cutting and splitting clips is also super simple and customer support is very responsive and quick.

Cons

The processing time can be really slow if there are multiple elements that have been added, it also slows down the computer a lot if trying to work on various programs while editing a video.

Anant D.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

great product!

Reviewed on 17/09/2020

lovely!

Pros

It is effective, simple but powerful and produces great output

Cons

it is great for what is it! you can achieve a lot

Harun raşit S.
  • Used for Free Trial

Good and useful tools online

Reviewed on 2/04/2020

Pros

I like video download, subtitler and studio tools in kapwing, kapwing is very useful website and i like this website.

Cons

i dont know but maybe a small upgrade needed for tools.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great free tool for everything besides video creation

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

Overall it's more than fine.

Pros

Free, easy to use, lot of features, no watermark...

Cons

Couldn't splice together multiple videos and customer service ignored my email about the issue.

Lisa S.

Loved the Ease of Use

Reviewed on 8/05/2019

Excellent. I would recommend this software for others to create videos with.

Pros

I liked that I could add multiple videos into one very quickly and change the size as well quickly. It was much faster and EASIER than other programs I've tried over the years.

Cons

I did not get a return email quickly when I had a question.

Navya P.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

Pros

Works well for editing videos, easy to use, self explainable.

Cons

Please add the option to crop video in timelines.

Joseph W.
  • Industry: Computer Games
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Pretty good!

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

Amazing.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive. Quick and fast and high quality, overall a good system, highly recommend!

Cons

Some features could be better but sure that they will fix eventually.