MindManager Reviews

MindManager

Information mapping and idea visualization tool

4.3/5 (24 reviews)
Ganjar W.

Jumbled ideas? No need to worry anymore!

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

Mindmanager is essential for me. It helps me to explore ideas before writing it as scientific journals or before preparing the idea for a classroom seminar.

Pros

Have you ever felt that you have lots of great ideas but they are too tangled? That instead of feeling excitement on delivering these ideas, you are feeling overwhelmed instead? Well, fear no more! Mindmanager is there for you to help with this issue!

Mindmanager allows users to create a mind map of an idea. It is very easy to use and has a simple, smooth user interface which allows users to straight away delve into the business: creating pathways to explore and express their ideas.

Mindmanager allows users to add icons or change colours to boxes, making it easier for users to highlight certain parts of ideas. It also allows drag-and-drop to organise ideas collected through brainstorming sessions.You can also tag ideas and present them collectively in tag view. The best part is that you can convert your mind map into presentation slides, making it easier for you to communicate your ideas to wider audience.

Cons

Mindmanager is a commercial application, which requires users to pay. You can use the free, 30-days trial version to test whether the application suits your need before paying the price of the application.

Peter M.

Simply the best mind mapping tool

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

I've been using Ming Manager for more then 10 years. I even convinced my former employer (bank) to use Mind Manager throughout the corporation. Many people liked it and use it in their daily work. I even used it for my personal task management. It's great to see all your agenda on 1 page :)

Pros

I like user-friendliness of MindManager. I've tried many mind mapping tools, both online and offline and I find MM simply the best. It is visually perfect, very intuitive and offers all features you might need.
There are many template and add ons for MM, e.g. we used it for project planning (task management, brainstorming, project planning, work breakdown structure, etc.).

Cons

Maybe only the price compared to many free tools, but considering you use it for work, I think it's worth to buy it. If your car deserves some added feature, why not your daily work?

Torgrim S.

The best knowledge manager and planner out there

Reviewed on 9/01/2019

MindManager is my preferred tool for tackling the day, and it's the first program I start each day, and the last I close before bedtime.

Pros

The ease and speed of entering and visualising my information. And the ease and speed of restructurering and making sense of my information.

Cons

No sync of preferences, my (daily maps) panel, etc. between my computers (office and home).

Andreas L.

MindManager - Get your muddled-up thoughts and visualize them

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

It was the whiteboard to our business plan when we started our comapny and had a great friend to map out what was in my mind inorder to visualize my growth strategy

Pros

The most intuitive piece of software I have used when tryingto map business ideas into an exectable action plan. Able to add files and hyperlinks easily. Share the document with users and even print the diagram in larger formats. Great for our SWOT analysis to visually understand where we stand.

Cons

Takes a bit to get used to the many ways to annotate the diagram

Nairoby D.

The relationship between value and price speak of it

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 28/09/2018

In my experience the use of the SW has made the work much easier, especially to make it more visual or for a presentation of a project

Pros

I love using MindManager for mental maps and individual or group brainstorms, it is exactly like
drawing on a sheet of paper with a pencil, with the great advantage of having shapes and icons to add
and make the work more visual and attractive. Organize ideas in a clean way. It is relatively easy to
use.

Cons

Privative tool, only for windows, I have not been able to update the version since I can not pay for
it, the cost is high.
There are functions that I still do not learn to use and there is not enough documentation or forums in
my opinion.

Alfredo M.

Efficient meetings

Reviewed on 9/01/2019

Pros

In my work, it is customary to meet to discuss ideas at the beginning of a project or an activity and a tool that helps in our performance is MindManager to perform the brainstorm, since it allows us to quickly have the ideas captured on the screen in a way Organized, clean and not on paper, it also allows to include images, shapes or icons and the final result is much more pleasing to the eye and for the presentation, it is also very useful because it serves as a meeting minute, it is very easy to use this tool.

Cons

One would like to have more functions to complement the work and make it even more attractive. There is little documentation and information on the web. It is a tool only to be used in windows operating system.

Strong Visual Management Tool

Reviewed on 30/12/2018

Pros

MindManager helps visualize complex workflows and tasks and offers a high-level view of a project and operational work. I use this tool to help organize project information and provide it to managers for presentations. The application comes built with various templates and excellent, hands on tutorials to learn the program in a quick manner.

Mindmanager has a strong interoperbility with other software and forms can be exported into various Microsoft programs, PDF, etc.

Cons

This tool is not scalable. In order to take advantage of all of its features requires extensive use by the end user. It's really a tool for a specific view in an organization.

Best mindmapping for business purposes - ever!

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

I use it for almost everything in my business. Brainstorms, planning, delegation, project management, blog posts

Pros

The intuitive ease of use - the sync with almost everything - the new business interfaces

Cons

nothing really - it's just perfect to me

Joseph r. S.

Love the tool and wouldn't use any other mind mapper out there

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 16/12/2018

Pros

Makes organizing a team brainstorm a piece of cake and allows for us to visually organize different projects in one file that can be managed by multiple team members.

Cons

Sometimes the layouts can be a bit unruly especially when working with a larger mind map. We usually find that if a mind map gets too big then it is time for a separate file.

Eric M.

great for thought processing

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Pros

great way to segment things out (projects, organizational charts, etc) that gave you a full picture of the job rather than a bulleted list

Cons

some employees couldn't follow the alternative way of the information flow

Tithia L.

Good business brainstorming software

Reviewed on 19/03/2019

Give me full workflow and roadmap of my business and personal usage.

Pros

I have been using in the trial version, I found that it is great for who need to make a plan or road map for a business or personal life. It will give you full function and understand each flow of work with easy to navigate.

If you are looking for planning and roadmap software then it is great for your choice.

Cheers,

Cons

There is no problem on using this software because it gives full function on what I need.

Jeremy B.

HATE Mindjet's billing practices!

Reviewed on 23/08/2019

really despise their billing practices and forcing upgrades.

Pros

Easy to use but HATE Mindjet's billing practices!

Cons

Forced upgrades.... I have used Mindjet for over 10+ years and bought upgraded versions about 4ish times in that.... when the latest OSX update they refused to put out a "patch" and forced new upgrades for the first 2+ months! No less their subscription server auto-billed an OLD credit 8 months into my "free 1 year upgrade window".... at this point only reason I have kept using it is lots of old files in mindjet format!

1.0/10
Peter W.

Snails pace mind mapping

Reviewed on 15/11/2017

Pros

Lots of features allowing massive customization and formatting of mind-maps.
Smart copy & pasting that allows auto creation of mind map elements.
Can share maps with colleagues and work on them collaboratively.
Offers the ability to export the mind maps as a PDF file, for easy sharing and viewing.

Cons

Very slow to open and even slower processing times, even on a powerful PC.
The pricing plans are too expensive, even when purchasing for a relatively small team (less than 10 people).
A lot of the features are hidden away within the navigation menus, and for new users it can be hard to use.

6.0/10
Allan T.

organise you mind and ideas

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Pros

It s a simple and powerfull tool to organize idea and planning to implement them. The new version (2018) add some priority view and schedulute view to your mindmap files. Now you can also export to powerpoint (pc only) because of HTML5 integration.
You can also replace projet with mindmanager with Gantt Pro addition.
SharePoint integration is better now than previous version.

Cons

Price is high even for upgrade and Windows version is not equal to mac version. Many functions are not available like excel sync, Dropbox integration… but mac version is half price.

David C.

Best software for expanding your ideas

Reviewed on 6/09/2018

This software has allowed me to really grow any business idea.. it is awesome to start an idea with a flowchart but can be quite difficult to do on paper overtime.

Pros

The ease of use and the functionality of it.

Cons

I cannot think of a single thing yet. I am blown away with this software

James G.

Reviewed on 14/07/2016

Great tool for gathering and organizing your thoughts

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Pros

MindManager is very easy to use. Great in requirement or brainstorming meetings. And I find many of the new features continue to enhance my work

Cons

I found it difficult to use when linking to databases.

Mike L.

Awesome software for creating Mind Maps - FUN to use!

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Pros

Best mind map software on the market!
Easy & FUN to use.
Can use it to document business processes.
Easy to edit and make changes.

Cons

A bit expensive.
Wish there were a few more icons & labels available.

Mindmanager Review

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Happy with the product on an overall basis. Very handy tool to get organized and to move quicker through projects.

Pros

I like the ease of use for mapping out my thoughts, but I use it mostly for Website projects which is easier to maintain a birds eye view of with this. Easier than paper in most cases.

Cons

A little more options would not hurt. Missing pop ups for documents for the links.

Jamie K.