Classtime

Learning and assessment management software

4.9 /5 (58 reviews) Write a Review!

Lisa N.

Classtime saves teachers time and engages students!

Reviewed on 5/05/2020

It provides quick, immediate data on student performance. The students are engaged because there are many options to turn the question and answer sessions into games that are engaging and fun!

Pros

Classtime is a great tool for providing immediate feedback to students. Once you load your questions students can work at their own pace. You have a live view of how they are doing so that you can help students once you see them starting to struggle. There are lots of great game features too.

Cons

Our teachers were initially frustrated that it's another platform to learn. Once they saw how much more this offered than our LMS they were on board.

Response from Classtime

Thank you for your feedback! Please note that Classtime also integrates with other learning systems, e.g. Google Classroom, which tends to significantly increase acceptance and adoption.

Tammy L.

Teacher Resource

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Our teachers appreciate the support and flexibility to continually add resources specific to our school site and multiple grade level needs. We have enjoyed partnering with them.

Pros

As a user of this software in the classroom, as well as in the context of managing teachers and the provision of various resources, Classtime is user friendly, adaptable to to State standards and offers comprehensive reports.

Cons

We are very satisfied with the Classtime software. We have not experienced any concerns.

Response from Classtime

Thank you for the positive review! We thank you for your continued trust and business, and we are thrilled to hear our comprehensive reports have been effective for your educators!

My L.
  • Used for 2+ years

Interactive Student Engagement Platform

Reviewed on 1/10/2020

I have had a positive experience with Classtime. Thank you for your support and creativity.

Pros

Classtime is easy to implement. The program provides a library and give you access to already created sessions. You can also create your own sessions by searching Khan Academy standards for your grade level. Another great feature that Classtime offers include collaborative challenges. My scholars love to see the scene being displayed and building together and reaching their gal as a class. They get excited when each challenge gets complete and celebrated with fireworks. The graphics are very colorful and the teacher dashboard is easy to access and you can see how scholars are performing.

Cons

I wish they could add more resources to the library. Sometimes the standard is limited and you end up having to create sessions.

Response from Classtime

Thank you for your great feedback! We're continuously growing our Public Library and have many exciting updates planned! Please let us know if you are looking for something specific, we're happy to help.

Mustafa T.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Teaching is easier with Classtime!

Reviewed on 4/02/2021

Classtime changed my way of teaching in a positive way. I started to use it when my school switched to online education. I continued to use it after returning to school. My students and I are very happy with this experience.

Pros

I've been using Classtime almost every day. Especially during the remote education period, it became an essential tool for me. I easily create quizzes and assign them to my classes. I can follow my students' progress. I also use their reporting system and give individual feedback to every student.

Cons

The team behind Classtime keeps adding new features. It is getting better and better. So far it exceeds my expectations.

Response from Classtime

Thank you for the great feedback! We are happy to hear that you and your students continue to enjoy Classtime even after returning to school!

Marina Y.

Teacher's supporter

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

The programm allows in easier way to check the homework and to track the progress of each student, and show them the tasks which are the hardest for separete participant.

Pros

One of the most imortant feature - ability to create test, which will be automatically check the answers of the students. As well as an ability to ceate a thematical puzzles, interactive games.

Cons

To have the feature, that students can see their marks for tests without opening the answers for the test.

Response from Classtime

Hello Marina, thank you for your positive recommendation! We are continuously improving our grading and reporting, so you will soon be able to separate the marks from the solutions in the near future. Thank you for your patience!

Anna L.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great for online assessments

Reviewed on 9/04/2020

I'm setting up the online school for the client and came across the Classtime. Using it helped us both to integrate assessments into the online learning process and get real-time insights on our students' progress.

Pros

It's efficient and easy to use, which saves up a lot of time and is crucial for someone who's new to tech.

Cons

Actually, there is nothing that I don't like about it.

Response from Classtime

Thank you for your review, Anna! We're excited to hear that you were successful in integrating Classtime into your online learning process.

Cristina H.

Classtime for those of us who need the extra time

Reviewed on 3/09/2020

I teach ELD and AP Spanish and it is hard to find different ways to differentiate instruction and save time while planning lessons. So when I first started using Classtime I became enchanted with it. The support I got from our coach and all the available tools for me to use made me a big fan. Even though I still use other platforms, I always have classtime lessons, tests and games available for my students.

Pros

Classtime is a lifesaver. I love the fact that I have the oportunity to create assessments, lessons and fun activities for my students in a reasonable amount of time. It is easy to use and student friendly.

Cons

One of things that I like the least is the fact that in order to get all the awesome features we need to upgrade to premium, but other than that, it is a great tool for teachers and students alike.

Response from Classtime

Thank you for your great feedback! We're delighted to hear that Classtime was effective in supporting your ELD and AP Spanish students!

Nate R.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Classtime Review

Reviewed on 4/03/2019

I've used Classtime for over a year now. It has so much functionality--and it's growing. For only [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] a month for premium, the amount of use that I've gotten out of it feels like an absolute steal. It's my go-to assessment tool for it's ease of use, quick access for students, and engagement with students.

Pros

There's probably not enough space here for me to list the amount of pros with Classtime. This is an excellent, well-rounded, and well-designed application for gathering quick assessment data from students. Literally, if there was one app online that I would encourage teachers to check out, Classtime would probably be my first go-to. My kids also love the collaborative challenges, which force them to work together to achieve mastery on particular skills or content of my choice.

Cons

There's not much I can list here... I've never been bothered by any particular limitation of this app. It's growing and a small startup, so I'm looking forward to it's potential future!

Response from Classtime

We appreciate your detailed review, Nate, thank you! We're pleased to hear your students are achieving mastery while also having fun with our Collaborative Challenges!

Vera T.

Classtime changed my classroom

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

Classtime is really easy to use, it is a perfect tool for my students. It helped me save time I used to spend on grading my students' tests. Grading with Classtime is effective and the feedback is instant, it motivates my students.

Pros

Classtime allows me to spend less time on grading my students' work and more time on working with them and creating tasks for them to practice. Instant feedback helps my students to improve. My favourite feature is the ability to create a lot of different types of tasks for my students, it makes using this software existing and never boring. Collaborative tasks are a great tool that helps motivate my students.

Cons

I am happy with all the features, but I would like to see more different options for tasks creation in the future.

Kimberly M.

Save Time for Class with Classtime

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Pros

As a Mathematics Teacher, finding platforms that are equation friendly and at the same time visually clean is highly important. With Classtime, projecting interactive sessions, as well as class challenges, has been more engaging among learners and with the teacher.

Cons

A primary improvement to suggest for this software/platform is its ability to have the questions reviewable after a challenge. Interactive challenges are fun and engaging ways to start a review before an exposition of the new topic, hence, reviewing recall questions is essential to smoothly create a springboard to a new topic.

Response from Classtime

Thank you for your great feedback! Please note that you can click on the pie chart in the left-hand menu to get a detailed performance report per question - even during a Collaborative Challenge!

Tetiana S.

Excellent service

Reviewed on 18/02/2021

Classtime significantly improves time management, helps with simple and fast evaluating student's work.

Pros

Accessibility, simple in use, ability to have feedback from students.

Cons

Small amount of team games with lingual studies.

Response from Classtime

Hello Tetiana, thank you for your great feedback! Please keep in mind that with our Puzzle Challenges, you can create as many own games as you would like. Thank you!

Dj M.

Great review and assessment tool

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

I use this primarily as a formative assessment tool for my virtual learning students. I like being able to monitor the student responses in real time so that I can see that they are engaged. I have also used it as a tool for creating digital breakout activities.

Pros

It is very easy to setup and create collections of questions. Creating a session and sharing it on Google Classroom is straightforward and time saving. The real time feedback is also very helpful.

Cons

It would be nice to add more question types and the ability to regular expression evaluation on questions.

Response from Classtime

Thank you for your great feedback! Classtime continuously releases new question types and upgrades (e.g. audio), so please keep on checking back in!

Elizabeth M.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

An excellent product that makes me love to teach and my students love to learn!

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

Classtime is a teacher/student friendly product. With Classtime, we save time and experience a faster and more efficient learning process. It allows me to get ideas about my students by observing them on their way to success.

Pros

I really liked the product.I use Classtime to make my students' learning life more productive and enjoyable. The perfect tool for my students' success and my teaching task. I love creating tasks for my students with Classtime. Thanks to these tasks, my students can practice at home and maximize student participation, greatly increasing our success rate. The greatest happiness of a teacher is the success of his students and I do not leave my students alone on the road to success Classtime also accompanies us on this path. I do not only use this product for my students, it has a great moral value for me. It makes me feel good as a teacher because it allows me to raise successful students.Also, Classtime saves me time. Thanks to this product, my students experience a more efficient and faster learning process.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. The most important part of my job. It would be unfair for me to give bad comments to this product, which makes me love to teach and my students to learn..

Response from Classtime

Hello Elizabeth, thank you very much for your great feedback!

Reginald T.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Educational tools

Reviewed on 7/05/2021

It was fine considering that it was a free trial. I would need more time to determine if it’s worth it

Pros

This is one of the many tools that you will need to make managing the goals of secondary education easier

Cons

In comparison to the many other tools that are at the teachers/district disposal this item isn’t the easiest to use

Response from Classtime

Hello Reginald, thank you for your feedback! We are continuously looking for ways to improve our experience; if you have any specific suggestions, we kindly encourage you to reach out to [email protected] If you need more time to experience all of Classtime's benefits, please also reach out to the above email and we'll gladly extend your free trial. Thank you!

A modern tool for formative assessment and check yours student's knowledge

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Classtime let efficiently track all student responses, giving you immediate resalt on your students' knowledge.

Pros

The teachers can save their time with automated scoring. You have a result in real-time. The students can participate without registration or simply authenticate. There are wonderful Team Games - dynamic stories that are formulated as a problem that students solve by answering your questions from their own devices.

Cons

I'd like a more flexible pricing policy for large teams

Response from Classtime

Thank you for your positive feedback! Classtime does offer more pricing flexibility for larger teams - please get in touch with our team to learn more about your options. Thank you!

Vjera B.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

This app meet my needs!

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Finally the first app to meet my needs as a math teacher, because I can write mathematical expressions and it is appealing and easy to use for students

Pros

-> With Classtime teacher can create and save a database of questions in advance, and also use someone else’s;
-> mathematical expressions can be written in Classtime but you need to know LaTeX commands;
-> each assignment on the tablet device is displayed to student clearly, task by task;
-> In Classtime teacher use virtual classes according to age of students and subject and thus tailor sessions to them with selected assignments;
-> Classtime automatic checking capability, with amazing results statistics
-> Teacher can download a detailed report for the whole class or for an individual student and it's easy to share with students in OneNote and GoogleClassroom;
-> Collaborative challenges and puzzles are fun, which encourages social and emotional learning!

Cons

Classtime need to work on additional software features to be even better such as:
-> Create drag and drop tasks with images
-> Fill in the missing words (without offering a solution!)
-> Create text-based drag and drop tasks - because highlighted text is not the best solution!
-> Create an audio recording and answer a question using voice

Response from Classtime

Thank you for your great feedback! We are constantly developing new question types and improvements, so please stay on the lookout! Also, please note that you can upload audio files for each question!

Veronica W.

Excellent way to engage your students!

Reviewed on 4/09/2020

I used to navigate the Internet looking for programs to engage my students. Now I use Classtime at the beginning of class as a warm-up to get my students engaged and excited about what's to come. I also pair them up to get some friendly competition going and when assessment time comes they can review their performance tasks every Friday in small groups. I've also used the program when I have 15 minutes to cover quickly. It's been a life saver. I highly recommend it.

Pros

It provides a fast way to engage students whether you're introducing a subject, reviewing or checking for understanding. It also lends itself to cooperative learning. The vast library includes so many subjects and levels I just have to go and search for what I need and it's there.

Cons

The only time I had questions was because I didn't understand how to use the program, but I received help right away.

Response from Classtime

Thank you for your positive review and your continued interest in Classtime! We are continuously adding new questions to our Public Library, so please let us know if you're missing anything specific.

Olha B.

A tool to save teachers' time and energy

Reviewed on 20/05/2020

I normally use Classtime every single day for a number of purposes. I have some of my classwork done there, sometimes add tasks for my students to practice on their own at home. An, finally, I use it for summative assessment, may it be the end of topic, semester or any other type of work when I need to see results clearly and as soon as possible.

Pros

One of my favourite features is how easy it is to get feedback for student works. As I use this software daily, it is really important to see everything at a glance. Another thing I enjoy is how easy it is to start sessions beforehand and use the QR code to add to my lesson presentation. It really saves me time.

Cons

There are some types of questions I really miss here as a language teacher and I really hope to see them in the future.

Response from Classtime

Thank you for your review, Olha! We appreciate your request for more question types. We will continue to develop and provide new ones in the coming months. Thank you!

Yahel A.

Classtime Review by Math and Physics Teacher

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

My colleagues love it. I feel very proud of being the one that presented this amazing platform to evryoneone at my school.

Pros

Some exclusive features like the messasging to students while they are testing. Also, the fact that this platform is new and doesn´t allow to much hacking. We value that.

Cons

That it is paid! Ok, to be honest I love every single feature it has.

Response from Classtime

Thank you, Yahel, for the kind words and great rating! We take the integrity and security of our technology very seriously, so we're happy to hear that it meets your standards, too! Thank you.

Sujeong B.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Review for Classtime

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Pros

Open the quiz link during the limited schedule.

Cons

Random answer option
I hope when I select the number of answer options, some of options are randomly provided to each student.
for example, I input 7 answer options, but only 5 answer options are shown to student.

Response from Classtime

Thank you for the amazing review! Please note that our Session Playlist ("Add to Session") can help you create shuffled assessments that you can provide to different student groups.

Best way to test your class

Reviewed on 13/02/2021

Pros

In my daily routine, I have both individual and group classes. The most effective thing for me to use it is that I can create any type of exam and see the results instantly.

Cons

For example ; If I would like to make a reading exam , I have to copy and paste the essay or paragraph in all pages.

Response from Classtime

Thank you for the great review! To avoid having to copy and paste a paragraph for each question, we recommend creating it once, then selecting and duplicating it multiple times before changing the question type and answer options. We hope this helps you save even more time - thank you!

Noura E.

A decent rich online tool/platform

Reviewed on 16/03/2021

I have enjoyed using classtime during online learning.

Pros

Classtime is a very user friendly platform. It has many options when it comes to question or activity types and setup. I love the collaborative feature. It is also very light on the internet and doesn't freeze during a zoom meeting like many other tools.
Real time results and auto bulk grading are my favourites.

Cons

The individual premium price per teacher is a bit high and for a math teacher, question types do not cover all mathematical needs for example :draw a line on the graph or a diagram.

Response from Classtime

Hello Noura, thank you for your feedback! We are dedicated to developing additional question types, which will include more math-focused ones as well.
We thank you for your patience and feedback!

Auran S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Classtime is the way to go for remote learning

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

very easy and helpful

Pros

easy to use with children for remote learning.

Cons

I like everything about classtime, i didn't find anything wrong.

Response from Classtime

Thank you for your perfect review! We're happy to hear that Classtime continuous to be beneficial for your remote teaching!

Gary R.

CLASSTIME IS THE BEST!

Reviewed on 18/06/2020

Pros

I love all of its features, especially in making assessments in math. I was able to maximize all the test types that are very relevant and easy to use and was amazed by its efficacy. Its anti-cheat features are very useful in managing assessments and I am delighted that my students are appreciating the use of it. Its time limiting and scheduling features are very much advantageous to learning facilitators. I am very much confident in using Classtime and I have even shared this experience with my colleagues. The best feature that I want everyone to see is its automatic checking capability, with amazing results statistics ready for release anytime. I have confidently integrated this app easily to my class routine, and also effectively connected this to our learning management system in school.

Cons

Math symbols (basic and advanced) will be a brilliant addition to its features - it must be readily available in the app for easy equation construction. There is no difficulty in the usage of the app.

Response from Classtime

Thank you for your perfect review! Our math editor is currently LaTeX-enabled which allows for powerful math notations. However, we will look into ways to simplify the process for more standard equations. Thank you!

Viktoria S.

Victoria Shapran, teacher of geography, biology and chemistry of the Central Ukrainian...

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

Pros

What does it take for a teacher to be happy? Of course, students want to know your subject. Interest them. And if you are interested - then, accordingly, useful and modern. Therefore, I am always looking for new applications that could help me intensify the learning process, make it dynamic and effective. So when I found Classtime on Facebook, I no doubt just admired it. The application allows you to create unique and individual sessions for different classes. Manage the learning process according to class level.
The functionality of the platform will satisfy the most demanding teacher! 9 types of questions and session settings make the process multifunctional. Premium or School License covers all functionality needs. Gamification, advanced functionality, time constraints to complete tasks and many other "features" will make any process exciting! Therefore, today online learning is closely intertwined with offline.

Cons

But the most important thing is that the platform is constantly evolving and improving. The platform developers listen to me and my colleagues. And that's why it becomes so homely for us.

Response from Classtime

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Viktoria! We also thank you for your continuous suggestions that we try to include in our product roadmap as best as possible.