Craftybase

Inventory management tool for US-based small manufacturers

4.8 /5 (137 reviews) Write a Review!
4.8
4.7
4.4
4.2
4.8
Lisa E.
Company size: Self Employed

A must for made-to-order businesses

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

I couldn't run my business without craftybase. I run a jewelry shop with thousands of orders per year. I've got over 200 skus with 70 variations each and CB makes it simple to create product recipes, manufactures, and adjust inventory. There is some initial setup for variations but after that it's all automated.v taxes are a breeze with this software

Pros

-automatically imports orders from multiple channels
-automatically creates manufactures for products and decreases material stock levels
-keeps track of all my expenses
-provides tons of various reports to help during tax time
-customer service is easy to reach and always helpful

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about craftybase!

Lisa G.
Industry: Food & Beverages
Company size: Self Employed

Great to keep track of inventory!

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

I love the fact that I can track my flavours down to the last mL! Re-ordering is a breeze now.

Pros

All the reports that you can pull from all the information about your inventory are fantastic

Cons

Learning how to initially set everything up. Everyone's needs are slightly different and wrapping your head around it can be daunting

Darren J.
Company size: Self Employed

How can I praise this software and company enough?

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Pros

The best thing about working with Craftybase is the customer support. At first trying to figure the program out was rather daunting but the two owners were so very approachable and helpful in their aid they gave. They are also just two incredibly kind people who have designed great software for those of us who make things.

But maybe the thing I like most is the sheer scope of the program. It just seems to accommodate all of my needs.

Or maybe it its calculation of my COGs. I especially like that.

Get the picture? There's lots to like here.

Cons

There was one aspect of my business I was having trouble setting up in Craftybase. But then when I thought of it I had to concede that the aspect I was trying to accommodate had nothing really to do with any kind of production and therefore Craftybase wasnt even set up to accommodate this.

Jacqueline W.

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

I love having my customers all in one place with orders and supplies

Pros

That I can do everything for my business on it

Cons

It’s hard to understand in the beginning and no one to talk to just email

Leslie D.

Excellent Accounting Software

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

This software has saved me money and time while keeping perfect track of inventory.

Pros

It is very easy to use and is much cheaper than similiar software.

Cons

So far there is nothing I do not like about this software. I have had no problems and have not had to call customer service.

Industry: Arts & Crafts

A must have for handmade business

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

If you have a business that is already operational, it may take time to get up and running in the software. But Craftybase is by far the best solution for managing my inventory.

Pros

My absolute favorite thing about the software is the ease of tracking inventory levels. Not only finished products but also supplies.

Cons

It's not possible to change a classification/category once you create it. Inventoriable vs non-inventoriable or one product type vs another

Manon D.

Craftybase review

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

I totally keep my inventory, my product pricing and my sales inline by using Craftybase. It's so simple to use and if you do have a question you get a reply quickly. I wouldn't even entertain using another company.

Pros

Once you're set up it's so easy to use. My inventory is always on hand. I couldn't function without Crafttbase. I've made my end of the year so much easier for myself and my accountant.

Cons

I've really had no complaints about this software.

Rebecca H.
Industry: Alternative Medicine

Craftybase has changed the way we do business.

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

The Craftybase team is always so helpful and quick to respond. They even turned one of my suggestions into a feature and then made sure to tell me so I could use it! I really think you get a lot of value with Craftybase.

Pros

We manufacture bath and body care products and have increased our private label customer base which means there are more things to track. Craftybase keeps us on track with inventory, material inventory, orders and expenses. They are always trying to improve the software and add suggested options.

Cons

There isn't really anything I like least, but I do wish that the sales channel's variations would match up with the variations I create in Craftybase so I don't have to manually adjust every order to reflect the size.

Lindsay S.

My external brain!

cannot live without it!

Pros

It does everything I need as far as inventory, taxes, expenses, recipes, prices. I don't know how I would live without it!

Cons

some things are not as efficient as they could be - like doing things in batches or bulk changes. And I wish it integrated better with bigcommerce.

Hershal W.

It covers everything

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

I am using to program to solve my bookkeeping and inventory needs. It seems to cover every aspect of those needs and more. It is not only covering those need but helping with personal help that goes beyond bookkeeping and inventory, like setting up my designs for making my products and notes

Pros

This software covers everything for the designer and manufacturer jewelry business.
It's not difficult to use but it works better if you are just starting your business.
The examples are very good and very well covered.

Cons

The only thing I wish it had was more video of the process. There is a lot of reading to do at times to grasp what you need to do,

Marie D.

Amazing Software!

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

I was really looking for a solution to track raw materials and products so I can get a better (paperless!) way to track products so I can project my manufacturing schedule, and get a better idea of what products take a while to sell vs. what products sell quickly. A BIG thing I was looking for was a way to automate product pricing, to make sure that I was incorporating overhead, all materials, and MY TIME into the bottom line price.

Pros

I LOVE that I can track materials and containers in a way that automatically reduces stock when I manufacture products. No more trying to remember to manually adjust spreadsheets, or try to create my own inventory system.

Cons

Not necessarily a software specific issue, but learning a whole new "language" to understand what Manufactures, Components vs. Materials, etc was a bit of a learning curve.

Emily K.
Industry: Retail

Great for small handmade business

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Pros

It is super easy to set up your company and easy to use going forward. The reporting is great too.

Cons

I am unable to connect to my Big Commerce website to match detailed sales. Those must be input manually.

Angie R.

Craftybase is awesome!

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Pros

That it store my product info without me worrying I’ll lose it

Cons

Was confusing at first but once I understood the terms they used I knew where to input everything

Ginny S.

Functional and extremely helpful

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Pros

Easy to use and provides a lot of product insight.

Cons

Takes some time to set up but there are ways that they make this an easier step.

Melanie P.
Industry: Design

Inventory ease

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Pros

My inventory is so in order now! No more mess at tax time!

Cons

It can be a lot of steps to set up new pieces.

Teresa N.
Company size: Self Employed

Good program for crafts, especially for COGS accounting; has a number of technical issues

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Pros

Has features I need for my type of crafts (namely handmade jewelry, accessories, and digital art). I am using it for the cost of goods sold accounting model, and it works with ETSY.

Cons

I have run into a number of technical issues, which I have reported, but customer support is very helpful, professional, and friendly. Even though I try the suggestions they give me (via email) they don't always work, or the same issues recurs some other time I am using it.

Anne H.
Company size: Self Employed

Great software for handmade stores

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Pros

I like how the program helps you keep track of everything.

Cons

The softwre has a little bit of a learning curve.

Shelly H.
Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Company size: Self Employed

Lifesaving (and marriage saving)!

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

They are responsive, fix problems when they arise, they are excellent at walking you through what it is you need to do to achieve your task. It's been a life saver for me since I still have a day job and takes some of the nitty gritty record keeping off my hands through automations.

Pros

It's online and supports multiple sales channels. It pulls items out of my inventory and has been a life/marriage saver at tax time (I'm a sole proprietorship) and it's ease of use for tallying annual reports is fabulous. I do handcrafts so QuickBooks really is not designed for this industry.

Cons

The tech support is great and they work really quickly to get back to you in short time. In an ideal world, it would be 24/7, but their response time is great.

Tammie B.
Company size: Self Employed

mostly good, but needs features.

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

i am sort of solving inventory issues, but there could certainly be a lot more automated features to take a lot of time off the process. if it could automatically update inventory in e-commerce systems and if it could send automatic emails to me when a product gets low, that would be hugely beneficial.

Pros

I like that it helps you price your goods including labor costs. it is pretty easy to use if you know the terminology of inventory. i also really like that it allows for consignment which a lot of other software does not. it allows for manual entry of orders which many other software programs do not.

Cons

i don't like that it doesn't update shopify or other ecommerce sites. so i have to update inventory in craftybase and then also go into shopify and update inventory there as well. you can set low inventory alerts, but it doesn't notify you, so you have to manually go in and check periodically to see which products are running low. seems to defeat the purpose of an alert. it also doesn't sync with bookkeeping systems or shipping systems.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Ricquel S.

Excellent Way to Keep Up with COGS, Inventory and Profit Margins

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

I love this program and recommend it frequently! I don't know of any other programs that let you keep track of inventory the way a crafter needs to, especially if you make some of your own components for the items you sell. It's amazing!

Pros

I love that you can set up everything to auto-manufacture so you don't have to go in and manually do it after every sale. It's pretty much on auto-pilot which saves a TON of time. It's also great that if you have two Etsy shops that still only counts as one Sales Channel.

Cons

I wish it didn't automatically import everything on the next import after you sign up. It would have been very helpful to just be able to import a little bit at a time to make sure everything is set up and functioning properly.

There is a pretty big learning curve, but only because it is dealing with SO MUCH information. Auto manufacture is amazing, but a lot of us don't keep everything we need on hand. If I have to order something and don't have it when the auto manufacture happens, everything is calculated incorrectly. If we could set the auto-manufacture to happen x days after the sale (or x days before it ships), it would help a ton, and I wouldn't have to go back in and manually change everything.

Also on the auto-manufacturing, say I run out of product stickers. And I manufacture 100 items before I buy more. It's just a small thing, so I just don't include the stickers in those 100 orders. But when I do buy more stickers, the 100 items I already made (but didn't include stickers) still count against my total. It screws up everything and I have to manually go back and change the manufacture for each sale. It would be nice if we could set it up somehow so if we're out of something, and we still manufacture the item, it doesn't count against the inventory of that item since it wasn't used.

I know that sounds like a lot of stuff, but it's really just little things here and there. The program is amazing and really does a ton of work for you.

Vy N.

Essential Software for Crafting and Inventory Management

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Craftybase has been vital for transforming my hobby to a business. I would recommend it for anyone who would like to get a better overview of their inventory and sales (and have already referred several of my friends). It can require a bit of manual input/workaround at times to get it to work the way you want, and I hope they'll keep adding functionalities in the future.

Pros

Craftybase covers all needs I have as a small business owner / craftsperson. It enables lets you track recipes, manufactures, inventory, sales and costs, which is crucial if you're going to run a craft business of any kind. It has a great selection of reports that you can pull - from expenses (for tax purposes), to material overview, to category sales and many more. It's a decent price for what you're getting and I have not found any other software with the same user friendly interface and functionalities. Support is very responsive and usually gets back to you within 24 hours.

Cons

Some minor annoyances, such as no easy option to add bulk expenses (such as 10x postage fees for 10 different orders), edit imported orders, or handle bundles. It means putting in a bit more manual effort, but I'm hoping these are things that will be added over time. I also wish they would keep backup data for longer - I went maybe half a year without renewing my membership, and had to re-enter all the data again when I decided to renew.

Lesli S.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Good, and hoping it will become great

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Overall, I like it, and I appreciate that they keep adding features. The inventory system is really necessary for someone like me, and there are very few programs at this price point that will do it.

Pros

The software does the thing a small manufacturer like me needs most: keeps an inventory of supplies, manufactures, etc. It does it well, for the most part.

It also handles multiple sales channels well, and gives me a good idea of costs.

Cons

The difficulty comes when you, say, want to sell off some of your inventory, or make a gift basket from your manufactured goods, or sometimes sell a pack of two instead of one. The software does not handle that well at all.

It also isn't a full-fledged bookeeping program (you can't issue a credit, for instance). I'm not sure it needs to be, but it is a caveat.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Mystique F.

I don't know what I'd do with out Craftybase

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Pros

Great functionality! It has everything I need to run my handcrafted skincare business. I can sync my eCommerce channels with my inventory and keep track of raw materials and packaging materials, whole loaves of soap (product components) down to individual bars(products). Craftybase also gives me monthly reports for local sales tax purposes. Thank you for making my life easier!

Cons

It takes a little getting used to, but once you have everything set up it runs smoothly. Searching the help section is easy and you can always reach out and ask for help.

Natalie M.
Company size: Self Employed

Craftybase has saved me thousands of $$ in time

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

As a one woman show, Craftybase has saved me thousands of dollars in time not spent inventory tracking and bookkeeping. Well worth the monthly fee. All my inventory issues are managed and I know it will be accurate for tax time.

Pros

Craftybase integrates almost seamlessly with both Etsy and Shopify. Every time I have had a question or issue, custom service is super helpful and quick. I’ve been using the software for over 5 years, and over that time the developers have listened to community feedback and greatly increased the efficiency and functionality of the software. Once you understand the terminology, you can manipulate the software to benefit your business needs.

Cons

Could use more bulk edit functionality, and the ability to back edit where a change in a material is automatically reflect in all product recipes and all previous manufactures.

Sean T.

Using Craftybase to Improve Manufacturing and Track Costs

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Currently able to describe our costs in terms of US Dollars per gram, and able to average our inventory into a proper Schedule C tax form. Their price guidance feature also enables us to make our business more sustainable.

Pros

- Tools for tracking individual manufacture events.
- Tracking material lots, traceability reports.
- Expense and material tracking.
- Cycle Inventory Interfaces
- Category feature allows tracking manufacture failure reasons
- GMP encouragement and functionality

Cons

Interface is a bit slow in terms of UI.
Some reports could be improved.
Small new features are sometimes slow to be developed, despite requesting nearly two years ago.