4.7
4.9
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Best Whiteboarding Tool

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

I will be using LucidSpark as my online collaborative whiteboard from COVID-times and beyond!

Pros

Very easy to use, collaboration with others is easy - love the fact that it shows where participants cursors are.

Cons

More pre-configured shapes would be great.

Zeynep O.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Works efficiently for you to handle your work

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

Pros

I liked how I can use the different types of equipment in order to draw, type, and color the way I wished. I spent quite a time finding somewhere I can create great, impressive projects with everything I need to complete it. One of the other things I really enjoyed was that I can increase and decrease the zoom on the project, it helped me make the details as well as the overall picture look great at the end.

Cons

Starting from scratch has always been the most creative way to handle my projects. However, I was surprised to see that there were templates to create projects out of. The templates were great. But, there were only a limited amount. If, in the future, there could be a more diverse amount of templates.

Response from Lucid

Helo Zeynep! Thanks for your Lucidspark review and for the product feedback on the templates. Keep up the good work, and have a great week. -Gabe

Rachelle E.

Turning a vision into a reality

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Lucid charts provide expert support, allowing me to focus on my expertise. I have 25 years in the digital industry and lucid charts is and will always be my go-to for bringing projects to life which keeps the revenue streams growing for me and my clients. For me, Lucid charts service and capabilities cannot be beaten. It is worth giving it a try.

Pros

the abilty to use the objects drag and drop feature and to be able to add text or edit as needed, made it possible to create a flow chart that was balanced for technical and non technial users.

Cons

To be honest, at this time, I would not change anything about the platform, it provided me with everything I needed and it did not require tutorials or the time that other platforms require to even get started.

Erfan M.

Good Product

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

Good product. Helping me solve user flow issues.

Pros

Being able to do flow charts quickly and easily with the templates

Cons

User Experience as it relates to finding options on shapes and menus isn't very easy

Chris B.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great Start To A Whiteboard Tool

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Shared work space for brainstorming and information sharing.

Pros

It's simple to understand and easy enough to navigate.
I like that it tries to be a whiteboard first, and not a design tool.

Cons

Not quite as advanced as Mural or Miro.
Missing some facilitation features.

Jared G.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Free user review

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Extremely great company that is creating simplistic products to help with visualization

Pros

Very simplistic to use and create charts that are visually appealing.

Cons

Took some time to figure out where features were and how to manipulate different parts

Ammarah A.

Super easy and helpful

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

I'm pretty happy with Lucidspark. It helps me visualize my projects, process flows and data sets well and efficiently.

Pros

Very easy to use, has really good features and my outputs adapt well to different export formats

Cons

Pricing can be a little better to improve value for money, however, the cost is still not too bad considering the ease of use and features

Gesabel G.
  • Industry: Media Production

LucidSpark Review

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

Overall experience is great, Lucidspark (and charts) is one of my favorite programs to use to build and create

Pros

Easy to use, has so many additional functions, the templates are great

Cons

Additional templates would be cool to see, workflow capacities, integrations to other apps

Jackie B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Features I didn't know I needed

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

I tested various products when we were looking to standardize the tool across our organization. LucidSpark had the features we needed at a good price point.

Pros

The ability to sort cards automatically is something that was unique and useful.

Cons

There really wasn't anything I disliked - great tool.

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Getting familiarized

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

I have used it lightly for documenting my thoughts but I have not given it too much use since I consider I wouldn't be able to use with my team at a higher scale.

Pros

I just started using it to have a place to document my understandings about a project I'm just starting to work with. I think it's very easy to understand, has all of the nice things I like about Lucidchart and I briefly tried to find ways to make it work during my Scrum meetings.

Cons

I could have not really grasped the price structure but at a high level it looked pretty expensive to me. I have a personal membership for Lucidchart that I use for my professional work and I don't mind paying for it. But from what I understood, Lucidspark would be far too expensive for me to get considering the size of my teams. Additionally I was not able to find any option within the tool that I could use to test the tool with a small crew or an option to use it with my whole team although with limited functionality.

Pavel K.

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

it is ok

Pros

Easy to use. Integration with Salesforce. Ability to share diagrams. Cloud storage. Ability to copy paste diagrams to office 365 as pictures

Cons

It is really hard to say. I think Integration with MS Teams

Michael L.

Amazing, Simple, Elegant

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

A wonderful program that I would recommend to anyone who is seeking a way to organize and display their thoughts, plots, or plans.

Pros

The ease of use for the software makes any project a relaxing, focused use of time rather than struggling to organize everything well in advance.

Cons

The options for templates seem a little limited right now.

George K.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Low-key replacement for post-it-notes and whiteboards

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Lucidspark, like its sibling, Lucidchart, is intuitive and easy to use. You can get up to speed with using this software very quickly and with next to no training.

Pros

This software is amazing for aggregating information and ideas and cataloging them in a meaningful way. I love how you can connect similar ideas and information to see connections and relationships. This has been very useful for capturing the wisdom and experience of retiring employees so it can be conveyed to personnel coming up through the ranks. Being able to catalog their different responsibilities and connect them together allows us to present a holistic view of the program so that new employees can get up to speed faster. I also love how this software is browser based so that it can be used anywhere on any device. This frees up staff from having to be in the office or worrying if they have a company computer.

Cons

I would like to see a feature where you can attach documents to different sparks. It would be helpful to enrich different ideas and sticky notes with supporting documents.

Darren C.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Review of Lucidspark

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

Overall this is a great product for anyone whom is looking for a easy to use team collaboration software that is very user friendly.

Pros

Lucidspark is very user friendly. This manner in which the drag and drop and layout makes this product ideal for people from novice to experienced users of collaboration software. There is no steep learning curve.

Cons

The only issue I found was no in regards to the software. More to do with the password reset option. Some clients I have presented this to stated this feature could be improved.

Response from Lucid

Hey Darren! Thank you for the review and feedback on how we can improve the password reset functionality. I'll make sure to pass it on to our product team. Have a great week, and take care. -Gabe

Erick yakin L.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Looking for an easy but powerful tool?

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

At first impression I was considering to look for any alternative but found this as the one that most fit my needs also is pretty easy in comparison with other platforms. You can have one free subscription to test for you and your team and if that get the job done consider about getting a subscription for real and big stacks of work that meets your needs.

Pros

You can use it to develop data flow diagrams very easy and is more likely to drag and drop. Also you can share easily enough your projects files and in the long run saves a lot of time for updating the current state of your development.

Cons

If you are in a big group you will need more space to work and way more files to successfully get a big scope along all your files and definitions. So if you are in a small group I would say that free version is fine otherwise buy a license because you will need one but is not as expensive as other platforms.

Response from Lucid

Hey Erick - Thank you for being a customer and for leaving a product review. Glad you're liking the drag and drop and sharing functionalities. Have a great rest of your day/week! -Gabe

Abdelsalam H.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Assistant professor

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

it was a good experience

Pros

board space, space is very convenient and you can write big text
colors
ease of use

Cons

Flexibility
inserting of pictures, text
Mathematical equation

Klaas S.
  • Industry: Information Services

Do it the easy way with Lucidspark

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Great piece of kit, very easy to use. We started to use it for presentations only, to make things look great. Now we start using it for drafting and every-day use as well!

Pros

I like how easy it is to make graphs with Lucidspark.

Cons

Sometimes with very large drawings, loading times can take a while. Make sure you have a good pc and internet if you want to collaborate live.

Amanda M.
  • Industry: Market Research

Great collaboration Software

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

I think that in the days of COVID this is great product for Teams to use. It feels like you are in a conference room hashing through brainstorming exercises.

Pros

My whole team can get in and work on the boards to add to the "conversation." Love the templates as well.

Cons

Managing users was not very intuitive. I had to do an FAQ search to figure it out.

Phillip H.
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

User Review

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

We were solving a collaboration discussion and brainstorming

Pros

I like the collaboration and the customization

Cons

Always being able to see someones mouse at the same time

Response from Lucid

Hey Phillip - Thank you for leaving a Lucidspark product review! Good to know that you're enjoying the real time collaboration features. -Gabe

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Flexible whiteboard tool

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

This is a good tool for online workshops, planning and strategy sessions where many people can collaborate together.

Pros

LucidSpark is a flexible tool, for those who are looking to replicate the versatility of a whiteboard in a virtual environment. It's easy to use and there are plenty of different choices of shapes, sticky notes, etc.

Cons

It can be a bit clunky at times, for example is not as simple as Miro.

Doug P.

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Pros

Great product! Love the ease of use. I would highly recommend!

Cons

Nothing. Everything works well! I wouldn’t change a thing.

Asmara K.
  • Industry: Research

Must have for all Solopreneurs!

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

I love the ease of use! I have previously featured Lucidspark as part of a 'Best Platforms' series I did on LinkedIn and I would add it a hundred times over :)

Pros

I am an operations consultant so I spend a lot of time thinking about, creating and documenting efficient processes for my clients. Lucidspark makes it possible to clearly map out the customer journey and contextualize their systems design. If a picture is worth a thousand word, a Lucidspark flowchart is worth two thousand! There is no better way to demonstrate how you can bring value to the most important stakeholders for your business- your amazing customers!

Cons

When you are on the free trial, you can only retain/update 3 documents at a time.

Raaj V.
  • Industry: Design

Perfect tool for the (time-sensitive) job

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

I was working of the early stages of a fast paced project which involved multiple stakeholders over several sites and a changing brief. It was perfect for creating a data flow diagram, an organisational structure and creating project-specific documents for client discussion and approval.
I found the software to be very easy to use. I was up, running and familiar with all it's features within 3-4 minutes. Creating the initial document took less than 15 minutes and was ready to share electronically.
Compared to the alternative software available to hand, it was fast, user-friendly and intuitive.
Considering it was the first time I had used it and that it was browser-based, I was impressed.

Pros

The fact that it is so quick and easy to use. That it is user-friendly enough with features such as snapping to shapes and arrows staying attached to the shapes is helpful.
Quickly saving out as PDFs and sharing with colleagues and clients is brilliant.
There are enough templates to find what I was looking for.
It's quicker than setting something up with Illustrator or MS word, powerpoint etc.
1Gb storage is helpful.

Cons

Because I've only scratched the surface with its use, I haven't had the opportunity to really push it's functionality enough to comment on this area yet. I would probably say theft that it's browser based because it would be great to have it as an app on my computer. I'm not often likely to use other computers and having yet another browser window open is a bit of a pain.

Eugene D.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Incredibly Versatile Software

Amazing

Pros

The UX/UI design features along with with the web design process flow templates and beta testing flowcharts served my business well. It cut down design times, and gave my team a solid foundation to design and develop our implementation strategies!

Cons

An image library would be a great addition to the software.

Great for collaboration

Reviewed on 12/12/2020

Was very useful in handling remote meetings to plan project requirements and design sprints

Pros

Easy to collaborate with co-workers in a remote setting.

Cons

Would like to see ability to add images or icons similar to lucid-chart. Also more base templates.