HelmBot

Cloud-based business management software for service centers

4.9 /5 (61 reviews) Write a Review!
Jesse H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Best Booking Software I've Ever Experienced!

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Absolutely amazing. The software is very intuitive and clean. The team behind the scenes are superstars.

Pros

I absolutely love Helmbot - its been an essential component of our business. Its super user friendly from both a customer and staff point of view. The developers are extremely receptive to feedback - often implementing feedback suggestions within days!

Cons

I honestly dont have any negative feedback about it. Have our business run on Helm is amazing - I feel very lucky. We started with them just as they were launching theeir product - its continuously improved over the last 6 years. Now its smoother than ever.

Michelle L.
Industry: Hospitality

Ideal for our start-up!

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

HelmBot keeps all the information we need for ourselves and our (future) employees organized in one space! It's easy to implement and use in all ways.

Pros

This program has been integral to our business. As new float center owners and operators, it was so reassuring to be able to rely on those who paved the way before us to set up a program addressing all the details we didn't know we needed to worry about. Customer support is excellent!

Cons

I do not have any complaints about HelmBot. They are always innovating and adding useful features.

Andy L.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Best software I’ve used

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

I have been beyond happy with Helmbot from the beginning and it keeps getting better and better. The value for what you get is unbeatable.

Pros

Very intuitive to use and does so many things. From scheduling to time tracking to measurement tracking and so much more. It makes it easy to run and keep track of what’s going on when I’m not at the shop also, with the built in communication and web based platform.

Cons

Whenever something is unclear or a new idea comes to mind it’s very easy to immediately contact support and they respond extremely fast. New features are constantly being added.

Heather C.
Industry: Alternative Medicine

Helm is the ONLY way to go if you have a personal services business

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

Life saver. saved money time and headaches! We started with a different scheduler and we have so many places to go to check in, and then collect payment. Then the paper trail for the tank health, it was a nightmare, then the HELM can and saved the day!

Pros

The easy set up and the AMAZING customer service.

Cons

I would like to be able to go back to the membership reports from the customer account. We have a lot of Credit Cards that are invalid and it would be nice to be able to go from the account back to the report

Kalyn W.

Best Software for Float Centers

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

I couldn't run my business without HelmBot. It organizes my sales, and services. Allows me to take online or manual appointments. NEVER fails, and gives great reports I use monthly.

Pros

I like how it is focused on float centers but allows for retail and other modalities.

Cons

It's complicated software and there is so much to it that the learning curve is high for me. But I'm not computer native.

Jenny V.

Feel very supported

Reviewed on 15/08/2020

Pros

The Helmbot team are awesome. They really listen and are always working to tweak their offering to be even better. It covers so many aspects of running a business from recording key indicators, rostering, customer management, easy interface for customer online booking, operational task management etc. etc.
They understand the float industry and have built a system that works on so many levels.

Cons

There's not much to not like about Helmbot. There are a few things that we have limited control over such as automated text message content that would be great to be able to adapt to our specific requirements and managing declining credit cards is cumbersome but in the scheme of things these are small inconveniences.

Vivian M.

A must have

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Amazing, great product, great service even although we are 8 hours ahead of time it’s still a top class service

Pros

I love it ease of use and how it allows me to have everything in one place.
Even an intranet where we can communicate across the business through the log book. From Taking payments, leaving notes, recording water chemistry, setting shift patterns HELM has it all .. by far the best piece of kit we have outside of our float cabins

Cons

Nothing really .. if we find things as we go the guys are great at developing and adding features that just help to keep life simple

Tracey B.

Amazing software

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Any small issues are resolved quickly and the support is amazing. I feel like I gained a few friends while going through the process of changing it over and learning how to set it up and use it.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and the customer support is top notch. They thought of everything a float centre could need as part of their everyday and nailed it.

Cons

The only thing I could possibly say is that I didnt change sooner.

David C.

Helmbot for Forever Floating

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Pros

It has everything I need in a software program to run my float center. Moreover, it was easy to learn. And when I needed help, help was readily available.

Cons

A single email address cannot be assigned to more than one account. Therefore, if a husband and wife desire separate accounts but use the same email address, I must merge their accounts.

Katrena love A.

Scheduler

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Support is awesome and available when you need them. Implementing Booking and Running reports on customers, reservations, payments, and so much more is made simple and overall user friendly.

Pros

Ease of customer use, booking process with auto scheduling of customers back to back. Being able to access reservations, reports, and built in auto referral program.

Cons

Unable to mass text customers with special offers.

Kelly C.

Amazing Software

FANTASTIC

Pros

Has a ton of functionality. Basically my entire business and internal communications runs through this software. It's user friendly for my clients and staff alike. The design is very nice and well thought out.

Cons

Really nothing. If you need a function that isn't there, you contact support and they are extremely quick to respond.

Gregory G.
Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: Self Employed

I've toured them all and after 5 years of using Helmbot, I KNOW I made the right choice

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Modern, clean, very easy to use, great-looking, neat and non-cluttered, stellar customer support, has all the functions I need for scheduling software, and if I have an idea of something I think could be added to the software it's easy to have a conversation with the developers to see if they would consider adding it. I demoed at least 6 other similar software programs and Helm was the best value and the best of all I demoed.

Pros

For running a float center, it's the perfect software. Guests tell us all the time how easy it is to book appointments through the software without having to contact us. The customer support is stellar, usually getting a response to emails within an hour (often within minutes). It keeps great records of useful data and integrates well with Google analytics and Facebook Pixel. Setting up schedules and editing them if needed is very easy. Overall, it was very easy to learn and use and is the perfect fit for my business.

Cons

There are a few things I didn't like at first, but customer support took my feedback and made changes. It's not that there were problems, but rather things that could be added to make the software even better such as internal waivers which they added. I wish I had more useful constructive criticism but I can't think of anything the software is missing or any problems I've run into.

Zane R.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Everything a float spa needs!

It’s been good overall!

Pros

I really like the layout of the scheduling page and the ease of use.

There is a learning curve but once all the kinks are ironed out it is a great tool.

Cons

The first couple years we used the software it was primarily just for float therapy. New features are constantly added which adds to the value and functionality of Helm.

Albert S.

HelmBot: Friend of the float

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Pros

Float and massage practitioner scheduling works great, lots of good things for payment processing and back end admin stuff. I like that it serves as a comprehensive system for POS, Inventory, scheduling (both staff and client), and other functions of running a small service-based business.

Cons

Lack of API makes integrations nearly impossible. Difficult to sync with anything else. There are some user interface difficulties that make scheduling employees tedious at times.
Multi-location support is ok at best. Online schedule lacks customisability.

Telisa A.

Helm...Highly Recommend!

I love it!

Pros

The integration of booking, sales, email and text messages is awesome. I have recommended Helm to several of my friends who own businesses, none of who own float centers. It's designed for float centers but can be used for so much more.

Cons

Helm is big. Sometimes it's difficult to remember how I did something in the Helm if I haven't done it recently or if I don't do it very often and it may be difficult to figure out the logic of how certain items are set up in the Helm. However, their customer service is ON POINT. I can always get an answer to what I'm looking for quite quickly.

Matt B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Helm is perfect for our needs

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

We are very pleased with Helm. It's a CRM, service scheduler, employee management, online store and shop management platform all in one. Their customer service is always quick to respond and friendly.

Pros

Employee management including a SOP Guide and Task Generator.

Cons

It takes a little poking around to find some functions.

Jessica B.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

I LOVE the Flexibility & Responsiveness of the Helmbot Team

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

They've been amazing! From setup to daily ops, the HelmBot team has been fabulous! Small company relationships with big company features and flexibility! TOP NOTCH!

Pros

Flexible booking, personalized appearance, easy setup, responsive support, easy to use

Cons

We have a very unique setup and pricing that wasn't typical of other spas. Any needs we've had have been quickly addressed by the HelmBot team! THey've helped by adding features or (in rare cases) suggesting work arounds.

Nadeem J.

Floating happens here

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

I loved Helmbot since day 1, the customer service is incredible and you guys keep coming out with amazing features. I will definitely stick with this software for Float Valley

Pros

Its made perfectly for float center owners taking care of everything in one place in a seamless way

Cons

It could be more mobile friendly or have an app

Kevin M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

They make our lives so easy!

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Pros

We love the way the Helmbot team receives our feedback, questions, and requests and responds to them with pace, consideration, and collaboration.

We love the ease of use and intuitive design of the Helmbot. It just makes sense. Our new hires learn how to use the system quickly and find the process simple and enjoyable.

Also, our customers love it! We constantly receive feedback from our customers who say that scheduling sessions is easy and they enjoy the email reminders and profile view options where they can see their credits and appointment history.

Cons

We love it all! Not much to complain about.

Amy H.

Helmbot Improves My Business

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

Tip top! I really am so happy with the software. There are always improvements being made and they really care about making the software work the way you want it to.

Pros

I like that Helmbot was specifically designed for the float industry to make operating float centers easier, it's always improving and now that it offers options for classes and services other than floating, there's no reason to consider using any other software.

Cons

I've been using Helm for almost five years and when there's something about it that doesn't work well for me, the team at Helm has always found ways to help adjust to our preferences or tasked the problem to be fixed.

Karolina S.
Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great Software

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

The software has been extremely user friendly and our customers have given us a lot of positive feedback while booking appointments.

Pros

The customer service with FloatHelm is incredible!

Cons

It was slightly difficult in the beginning to figure out how to set block scheduling for the different services.

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Work life would be harder without it!

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Pros

It’s so easy to schedule appointments (for the customer and staff). It’s visually attractive, and the customer service can’t be beat.

Cons

To say I like something the least is tough because Helm is very well thought out and created but for the sake of the question, the retail side could be just a bit better with regards to running brand specific reports/ Product sales, and order creation. Again, still well done compared to other self care/ wellness software.

Nathan E.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Keeps my business running smoothly

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Overall a great management program for my spa with a responsive and helpful customer support system .

Pros

User friendly , with easy setup. I am able to manage my in-house scheduling with ease and there is easy access for my clients to book appointments online.

Cons

I would like a function that would notify me when someone schedules an appointment online via text message .

Angela L.

Fab Product

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Pros

This software is designed perfectly for our business. Highly recommend.

Cons

The only major con for us is that we can not use the payment portion of the software as no banking systems align with us in New Zealand.

Benjamin G.

So many “Wow I love Helm!” Moments

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

I use it for flotation tank services

Pros

It’s ease of use for customers. It’s very streamlined

Cons

There are a few things that were hard to find at first but once I found them I had no issues.