HelmBot

Cloud-based business management software for service centers

4.9 /5 (60 reviews) Write a Review!
4.8
Brad D.

Save Time, Money, and Headaches

Reviewed on 26/09/2020

It is my one-stop shop and has led to great efficiencies with our wellness centre. I can't recommend Helmbot and the team around it enough.

Pros

My background is in electronic health record software for cancer clinics and integration with existing hospital systems so I have seen dozens of products over the years. All come with pros and cons for their specific niche market. From the business side of things they often require staff to touch 2-3 pieces of software on any given day leading to training issues, upgrade testing bottlenecks and worst of all inconsistency of care for patients/clients. The fact that Helmbot contains all the features you could want to run your clinic, health / wellness centre, without a bunch of one-off features built for specific customers is refreshing. All the features integrate together to give it its power. A robust appointment scheduler that is integrated into an online portal for customers to self-schedule, an instant messaging tool for internal communications, ample notepads to keep detailed accounts of every interaction, a POS, customer appointment notifications, inventory and order tracking, staff shift scheduling, a group logbook, resource management, task generators to make sure everything is done on time, and so much more. Upgrades are also seamless as the software is all cloud based and updates are rolled out regularly. Even contacting and communicating with customer support is built right into the platform. The time savings on training staff on 1 system instead of 3 or 4 is worth the price of admission alone.

Cons

Integration with third-party apps or other CRM or EHRs is limited however the team is constantly assessing and adding new features as demand dictates.

Hailey K.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Best customer service on the planet

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Great. I use the helmbot to send gift cards and my employees use it to clock in and out. It’s a useful tool.

Pros

This software does prettty much everything. From scheduling appointments, to setting up an online store, internal staff scheduling, recording testing levels, providing customer reports, and being full of any feature you could possibly want—floathelm’s got it covered.
The BEST part of this software is the customer support team. Any question, feature idea or problem I encounter is ALWAYS answered, solved or investigated within hours. No long wait times, no hassle, no problem. If something comes up that their team can’t handle, they are proactive in getting the message to the right people who can help solve the problem. Further, they offer over the phone help if ever needed, with no long wait times or frustration. Special shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who have helped me navigate many many many MANY questions or confusions and always offer helpful tips and feedback into how I can use the software to the best of its ability.

Cons

I wish there was an app. An app would make floathelm even better for customers and admins alike.

Wade G.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great software

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Highly recommended

Pros

The ease of use and detailed reports are amazing. The fact that it integrates easily into my website is awesome

Cons

The use over devices like smart phones can be cumbersome.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Laura F.

Helm navigates booking success

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Customer service is stellar with Float Helm, their team responds quickly regardless if it’s a question, comment or needing help.
From day 1 they took their time to ensure we were comfortable with learning the system, offering 1 on 1 live training and their features from booking to classes, gift cards and practitioners are all highly functional and easy to use.

Pros

Booking for multiple services and practitioners is easy and so customizable with Helm. After using other booking system I highly recommend Float Helm!

Cons

We transferred 2yrs worth of client booking from Mindbody and lost some client notes but we opted for that feature. Helm makes it easy to do a cohesive integration

Geoff L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

One of the only ERP systems that doesn't suck

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Pros

It is easy to use from both a customer and business point of view. Setup and integration is easy, it is niche to float centres which makes it perfect if you are a float centre. Having worked in other companies with other ERP systems like Oracle and Netsuite, I can say with full certainty this is by far way better than those software systems simply because it doesn't have all the back-end issues those systems have, which are not tailored to any specific industry, and because of it's one-size-fits all approach is horrible for adapting to your business. If you are a float center, Floathelm fits perfectly in, and the customizations for adapting to your specific needs as a float center are so much tighter and easier to implement. Customer service is very helpful and quick, and I'm not waiting on back and forth emails between developers to maybe partially fix something a week later down the road.

Cons

If you are not a float center, then this probably isn't for you.

Response from HelmBot

Thanks so much for the review Geoff, and the kind words! Just so you know, since you joined we've added support for many other modalities like massage, yoga, acupuncture, salon services... even escape rooms!

Jesse H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Best Booking Software I've Ever Experienced!

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Absolutely amazing. The software is very intuitive and clean. The team behind the scenes are superstars.

Pros

I absolutely love Helmbot - its been an essential component of our business. Its super user friendly from both a customer and staff point of view. The developers are extremely receptive to feedback - often implementing feedback suggestions within days!

Cons

I honestly dont have any negative feedback about it. Have our business run on Helm is amazing - I feel very lucky. We started with them just as they were launching theeir product - its continuously improved over the last 6 years. Now its smoother than ever.

Pamela J.
Industry: Alternative Medicine

Helmbot Review

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

great, helm is always been a pleasure to deal with when I have issues or questions. They seem to always be adapting.

Pros

ability to sell packages and create memberships and ability to keep records of float tank specs

Cons

Not able to have secured documents for writing notes on clients for my eyes only and I can use it for my register massage therapy /osteoathic practice -- I have to use Jane -- therefore im paying for two online scheduling softwares.

Carla C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

BEST Scheduling Software ever!

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Can't say enough positives about this company! You won't be disappointed!

Pros

SUPER Easy. From the set up support to after care they are extremely responsive and helpful. If there is a feature I ask about and they don't have it they suggest a way around it. All of my clients like how easy it is to schedule. The reports are exactly what I need in tracking everything I do!

Cons

Wish it was easier to use on my phone but that's a small matter.

Katrena love A.

Scheduler

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Support is awesome and available when you need them. Implementing Booking and Running reports on customers, reservations, payments, and so much more is made simple and overall user friendly.

Pros

Ease of customer use, booking process with auto scheduling of customers back to back. Being able to access reservations, reports, and built in auto referral program.

Cons

Unable to mass text customers with special offers.

Kelly C.

Amazing Software

FANTASTIC

Pros

Has a ton of functionality. Basically my entire business and internal communications runs through this software. It's user friendly for my clients and staff alike. The design is very nice and well thought out.

Cons

Really nothing. If you need a function that isn't there, you contact support and they are extremely quick to respond.

Devon L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Best customer support hands down!

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Overall, using Helm has helped our business grow because it has saved us time by performing our membership renews automatically and sending out auto emails for followup etc.
We now have the ability to sell gift cards and float packages online also which has been a huge boost. Prior we would have to do this over phone, email, or in person.

Pros

The booking of appointments is very easy to navigate and setup. I love how customer support is available to answer your questions at all times. Responds within 20 minutes typically. The software is very interactive through each page. There are a lot of links to click that make navigating to all different areas very easy. The customization of how services, packages, and memberships are used is also incredible. The auto renewal of memberships and the auto emails going out has been a huge help in our business. Integration over to Helm was pretty seamless. We did not import previous customer appointments which made the transition quicker but lack the previous history. The option was there for us to import that, but we declined it.

Cons

The biggest thing we don't like about Helm is the Mobile side. I think this has lots of room to grow. It does work and you can navigate through the whole system via mobile, which is great for the back end but the customer experience on the mobile can be improved. I mentioned above that I like the many different links within every page, but what I don't like about this is that they are kind of hidden and have to be found. This is more of a time / experience of software. The more we use it the more we find and remember.
The ability to use more then just one payment option would be nice, (I know this is a work in progress).
The system does send out auto emails, but being able to customize them more would be a great addition.
We held back from using Helm for a while because of the poor mobile experience, but the pros to the software started to out weigh the negatives which is when we decided to make the switch.

Gregory G.
Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: Self Employed

I've toured them all and after 5 years of using Helmbot, I KNOW I made the right choice

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Modern, clean, very easy to use, great-looking, neat and non-cluttered, stellar customer support, has all the functions I need for scheduling software, and if I have an idea of something I think could be added to the software it's easy to have a conversation with the developers to see if they would consider adding it. I demoed at least 6 other similar software programs and Helm was the best value and the best of all I demoed.

Pros

For running a float center, it's the perfect software. Guests tell us all the time how easy it is to book appointments through the software without having to contact us. The customer support is stellar, usually getting a response to emails within an hour (often within minutes). It keeps great records of useful data and integrates well with Google analytics and Facebook Pixel. Setting up schedules and editing them if needed is very easy. Overall, it was very easy to learn and use and is the perfect fit for my business.

Cons

There are a few things I didn't like at first, but customer support took my feedback and made changes. It's not that there were problems, but rather things that could be added to make the software even better such as internal waivers which they added. I wish I had more useful constructive criticism but I can't think of anything the software is missing or any problems I've run into.

Andrew L.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

The ONLY choice for Float and Wellness center booking

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

I love how intuitive the interface is. It allows for smooth operation of the business from day to day, easy reporting, task management, and more...all in one place! Training new employees has never been easier as well

Pros

Made for float centers by a float center. Float Helm addresses all of my daily operation and booking needs, and then some. The robust features, constant improvements, and reliable and friendly support are allamazing.

Cons

Honestly, not much. The transfer of our 5 years of data from another booking system was incredibly seamless. Every time I find an issue or think of an idea for a feature, I know I can pass it to the Float Helm team and they'll be on top of it right away!

Robert M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Why would any float center use anything than software designed specifically for a float center?

Reviewed on 14/08/2020

I use Helmbot for everything including scheduling, POS, project management, time reporting, automated emailing, reporting, tank maintenance records, referrals, comps, and more

Pros

Super intuitive, highly customizable, multi-functional and just fun to use. Constantly updated with relevant and helpful functionality (i.e waiver capability)

Cons

It's hard to find fault with FloatHelm, but I would like to see a feature which allows easier transfer of float credits and maybe some sort of mass update function. When we had to close due to COVID shutdown, it would have been nice to be able to mass update all expiration dates.

Janette F.
Industry: Consumer Services

Helm is amazing

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Awesome. When I have questions or issues they get back to me right away . I rarely have any technical issues with the software , mostly ‘how do I do this’ questions which they always help me out with.

Pros

I have been using this software for years and it has been the cornerstone of my business . It is very easy to use , and has every feature that I need to run my business , take care of my customers and download and analyze my data in meaningful ways. They keep adding features that just sweeten the deal. Customer service is FAST and super friendly.

Cons

Can’t really think of much, except I wish it was less expensive .

Anand S.

We LOVE Helm Bot *****

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Since Day1 (6/2016), I was impressed by the interactions I was having with the team. Every step along the way, HelmBot has improved and has been a blessing to my business in how I handle my scheduling, payments, employee management, and tasks.

Pros

HelmBot is such an intuitive, easy to use and all encompassing system that I run 90% of my business on. The team is so responsive, and open to suggestions. They really seek to understand any potential challenges wellness centers like myself have, but are always evolving into a better system. The people that work there are amazing and always available.

Cons

Theres not much I do not like about them

Michelle L.
Industry: Hospitality

Ideal for our start-up!

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

HelmBot keeps all the information we need for ourselves and our (future) employees organized in one space! It's easy to implement and use in all ways.

Pros

This program has been integral to our business. As new float center owners and operators, it was so reassuring to be able to rely on those who paved the way before us to set up a program addressing all the details we didn't know we needed to worry about. Customer support is excellent!

Cons

I do not have any complaints about HelmBot. They are always innovating and adding useful features.

Zane R.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Everything a float spa needs!

It’s been good overall!

Pros

I really like the layout of the scheduling page and the ease of use.

There is a learning curve but once all the kinks are ironed out it is a great tool.

Cons

The first couple years we used the software it was primarily just for float therapy. New features are constantly added which adds to the value and functionality of Helm.

Andy L.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Best software I’ve used

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

I have been beyond happy with Helmbot from the beginning and it keeps getting better and better. The value for what you get is unbeatable.

Pros

Very intuitive to use and does so many things. From scheduling to time tracking to measurement tracking and so much more. It makes it easy to run and keep track of what’s going on when I’m not at the shop also, with the built in communication and web based platform.

Cons

Whenever something is unclear or a new idea comes to mind it’s very easy to immediately contact support and they respond extremely fast. New features are constantly being added.

Chaz A.

Helmbot all the way!

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

My experience with Helmbot and their team has been quite amazing! They are always there to help or listen to any ideas you may have about their system. They even have a little question/problem/praise bar that is on the Helmbot for anything you might need from them and they have always gotten back to me the same day! Wouldn't ever dream of switching to a new system.

Pros

The entire system is very user friendly and very in depth on all of its data entry applications. I love that it is easy to use and easy to train my team on!

Cons

We saw that some of the reporting systems could have more functionality and since then we have reached out to the Helmbot team about these issues and they are actively working on them. Some of our issues have been fixed and some are still in the oven last I chatted with them.

Sarah F.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

We love using Helmbot to help keep our business organized!

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

We would be absolutely lost without Helmbot! We use this system on a daily basis and it is essential for our business. From reminders for employees to clock in and alerts if an employee did NOT sign in helped save my business one day when an employee abandoned their shift! We also rely on Helmbot to keep us organized and this is where we communicate with other staff. It is our booking system, our point of sale system and data storage for all of our guests.

Pros

We love the ease of use, the fact that it is our POS, scheduling system & internal communication system all in one place! The reports are easy to find and help us stay informed. It is easy to compare sales from previous weeks/months/years. They system is versatile and easy to use.

Cons

I would like to be able to be more flexible with the appearance of the shopping page on my website. There are not many options to how this page looks when people go to look at pricing on the website.

Heather C.
Industry: Alternative Medicine

Helm is the ONLY way to go if you have a personal services business

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

Life saver. saved money time and headaches! We started with a different scheduler and we have so many places to go to check in, and then collect payment. Then the paper trail for the tank health, it was a nightmare, then the HELM can and saved the day!

Pros

The easy set up and the AMAZING customer service.

Cons

I would like to be able to go back to the membership reports from the customer account. We have a lot of Credit Cards that are invalid and it would be nice to be able to go from the account back to the report

Albert S.

HelmBot: Friend of the float

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Pros

Float and massage practitioner scheduling works great, lots of good things for payment processing and back end admin stuff. I like that it serves as a comprehensive system for POS, Inventory, scheduling (both staff and client), and other functions of running a small service-based business.

Cons

Lack of API makes integrations nearly impossible. Difficult to sync with anything else. There are some user interface difficulties that make scheduling employees tedious at times.
Multi-location support is ok at best. Online schedule lacks customisability.

Telisa A.

Helm...Highly Recommend!

I love it!

Pros

The integration of booking, sales, email and text messages is awesome. I have recommended Helm to several of my friends who own businesses, none of who own float centers. It's designed for float centers but can be used for so much more.

Cons

Helm is big. Sometimes it's difficult to remember how I did something in the Helm if I haven't done it recently or if I don't do it very often and it may be difficult to figure out the logic of how certain items are set up in the Helm. However, their customer service is ON POINT. I can always get an answer to what I'm looking for quite quickly.

Kalyn W.
Company size: Self Employed

Best Software for Float Centers

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

I couldn't run my business without HelmBot. It organizes my sales, and services. Allows me to take online or manual appointments. NEVER fails, and gives great reports I use monthly.

Pros

I like how it is focused on float centers but allows for retail and other modalities.

Cons

It's complicated software and there is so much to it that the learning curve is high for me. But I'm not computer native.