GlassWire

Network security and monitoring with built-in firewall

4.7 /5 (51 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.4
4.4
4.6
4.5
Matt M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

A beautiful interface for something generally so boring.

Reviewed on 6/09/2018

I've been using GlassWire on Windows for a while and recently ventured into using it on Android as well. The only downside to the android application is that it has to keep a notification open and active in order to run in the background, and I'm not generally a fan of taking up that kind of screen real estate permanently.

Pros

GlassWire looks fantastic, it's easily the best looking firewall software that I've used. It's very easy to use and understand, and the features it provides are incredibly useful. Who knew the firewall could be this good?

Cons

Really the only thing that I am not a fan of is that the software is subscription based, though I can understand why they price it that way.

Mike H.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great network traffic visibility at a reasonable price

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

I'm involved in network security and seeing the traffic and applications creating that traffic helps when diagnosing possible malware.

Pros

This product is easy to use and provides great visual cues for what traffic is going to and from your computer. If you need to know what is happening, this tool is great for that.

Cons

The product seems to create high CPU utilization at times. I hope this is improved in future releases.

Control your network!

Reviewed on 11/03/2018

Pros

I use GlassWire to keep my network under control, it allows me to see any new activity that may be suspect, it keeps track of my usage.

Cons

In previous versions I could block any app on the firewall of GlassWire, but lately I noticed that this option is not available anymore and it requires an upgrade. This is a set back for the free version.

Sreenath J.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great product

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Pros

1. Ease of use
2. Notifications
3. Less interruption
4. Design

Cons

Just a suggestion
Can add a temporary mode : which will give an application network connectivity only when its being used and automatically shuts off all network connectivity when the application is closed by user.
in other words User can select weather the application has internet access while it's in tray or closed.
Eg. I don't want Chrome to be connected to internet after I exit the application.

Christopher H.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

A most useful tool for a shared network.

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Pros

The free version offers all the basic features needed to monitor my broadband usage. And make sure I am not the one taking all the broadband :)

Cons

They keep reminding me there is a paid version :D I really don't have anything negative to say about it.

• Industry: Graphic Design
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

An amazing piece of software to have

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Its easy to use and beautiful UI really goes a long way to understand more about your computer and its connections.

Pros

The UI and easy of use together with the easy to read information provided makes this app one of its kind. Seeing how my internet usage is being distributed really helped me take better decisions .

Cons

I don't have anything to complain right now - I got everything I need from it.

Philip R.

Can't beat GlassWire

Reviewed on 22/08/2020

Like I said before it's interesting to see what apps connect and communicate to different sites

Pros

I like seeing what apps are communicating with sites and what sites they are talking to.

Cons

I can't seem to get it to work on both my phone and laptop. My laptop shows the graph moving but my phone just shows the graph with no movement so I'm not sure if it's working or not..

Nathan P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

A great tool with an actually usable UI

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

Pros

This is an app that does what it says it will do, for free. And the UI doesn't look like it belongs on Windows 95 like many other free apps in this space do.
Great tool for quick analytics into your network.

Cons

On Windows, there is a process that is running in the background even after you close the app. I'm sure there's a good reason, but I always close it.

Braxton F.

well i ave had nothing but a great Experience w...

well we have a great Problem solver now with Glasswire

Pros

Well i like the ease of Installation on our Servers

Cons

it was slow at first until it adjusted to our Software

Jahswill U.

Easy way to monitor traffic

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Pros

I found it easier to monitor traffic and keep track of what programs am running via this software. And the graphs make it quite easy to understand.

Cons

Its memory usage on device is pretty huge. Apart from that, its a very good one and I recommended it to a business associate

George C.
  • Industry: Banking

GlassWire review

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Pros

The ease way to watch companies and were they are.

Cons

I can't think any present. I like the graphs....

GlassWire for Internet User

Reviewed on 23/05/2020

Overall it is very useful user friendly software.I still use this software and this is a one of my favorite software in my software collection.Every time I formatted my computer this is a one software which I use to install first.It safe guarding my computer and give me the full detail of my internet usage.It help me to save my internet data bundle which offer my internet package.

Pros

GlassWire is a very useful firewall software which I found by accidentally.It was very good useful software more than I thought.It is very simple to use because it simply shows the internet using applications on my computer and I can block those from accessing my internet by just one click.It has very simple user interface so without any knowledge any one can easily operate this software. If any new application start to accessing the internet it immediately shows up a massage and I can quickly blacklist or block that application.So from that I can easily find out any malware or virus applications which can not find out by my virus guard.And also it shows me my data usage of application to application.From that I could able to disable unwanted applications which use internet and save data of my internet connection.By disabling those unwanted data using applications by GlassWire I was able to speed up my internet connection than previous.GlassWire is not a heavy application which not use lot of ram and processing power.So that Its not slow down my day to day works and serve me very well.I recommend this software to any one who has unwanted data using problems of applications.

Cons

This is very good software with well designed user interface.It was done every job which I was tell to do.But it did not able to stop down the windows auto update.That is the main issue I faced on using this software.When I use it first time it was not a payable software.Now it need to buy the software after the trial period.Lot of antivirus software supply the same usage of this application so I think buying those kind of antivirus software is much economical than buy this software.Those are the main drawbacks I saw in this software rather than it is very good software which must be in your software collection.

Jim F.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Simply Outstanding

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

Having my PhD in cybersecurity, this product is simply outstanding and long overdue. I often recommend to my clients for a simple to use, laymans view of the "game behind the game". Well done by the folks at GlassWire - FINALLY an easy tu use, understadn and control interface for the average ( or experienced ) user.

Pros

Simple- one effective pane of glass to see what is really happening
Love the Virus total integration

Just a job WELL DONE Glasswire-- keep it up !

Cons

I wish, there was more ability to get the PCAP of the offending event when possible for deepr investigation.
Ability to collaspe alerts by Date -- so I only see the day I want.
Ability to drill down or more interactive graph to investigate anomolous events and traffic

Kevin F.

Perfect Product

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

For me, GlassWire is a must. I have it installed on my home server, two personal PCs, 2 work machines, and both my personal and work phone. This product delivers so much for such a low price.

Pros

Monitor local machine as well as servers or machines on the network is a breeze. The Firewall and other detections such as "Evil Twin" or even change in name for software is awesome. And the Themes are super useful when you have to stare at a screen for any given moment.

Cons

There are only Two "Cons" that I see, that is that there is no Client [at the time of writing this] for MAC and my second is that I cannot use remote server manager from mobile client. But those are in no ways a reason to look somewhere else.

Monitor Your Network

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Easy traffic diagnostics for the home and business.

Pros

First off Glasswire is a beautiful application. For generally boring information thats dumped in logs, this is quite the difference. As a home user, I love being able to see what apps are using how much traffic, and its also great at getting what IP a program is sending to. Sometimes thats hard to tell just from a program like Wireshark.

Cons

Some paid features I feel should be free, but a business needs to make their money somehow and you have to respect that.

Steven M.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Glasswire Gives you insight

Bottleneck

Pros

Ease of use and graphic representation of traffic type.

Cons

Peer map would be useful to show traffic on your own network between mac addresses or IP.

Nedelin T.

Great Product

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

For me it's ba great tool, which I use for monitoring everyday

Pros

The notifications for the new connections

Cons

Nothing really. The program is easy to use and doesn't lack functionality.

glasswire

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Pros

easy to set and run; gives heads-up about programs accessing web.

Cons

not always easy to interpret deeper levels of information available - need to know what to look for.

Walter P.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Utterly annoying

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Bought it. Paid for it. Expected it to work properly. Liked the advertised features. HOWEVER, absolutely HATE the constant interruptions, pop-ups, computer slow-downs, and overall experience. Will be cancelling it momentarily (or whenever I get around to doing it). Software should be neither seen, nor heard from, if it is to be effective. Wives are for interruptions!!!!

Pros

I appreciate what GlassWire is "trying" to do, but this is not what it actually does. It does give "additional" information about the status of my computer and its workings, as well as its internet connectivity, but it does so at a very annoying expense.

Cons

I HATE, yes - absolutely hate the constant interruptions, pop-ups, non-interesting information and idiotic colors that are EXTREMELY annoying. I now remember why I had GlassWire before and why I eventually cancelled it. Software should be neither seen, heard, nor annoying in order to be effective. I HATE the products, and really don't care what it does. If it's doing its job, it should do it quietly, unobtrusively, and without interrupting my work (or pleasure). We already have too many interruptions in life.

Response from GlassWire

GlassWire's alerts are all optional and can be displayed any way you prefer, or not at all.

Just go to the top left GlassWire menu and choose "settings" then "security".

For the colors you don't like, we literally have 15 different color options from black and white, to dark themes, to more colorful. Just go to the top left menu and choose "themes".

Malcolm H.
  • Industry: Government Relations

Do not go online without it

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Rural and data usage spiked glasswire helped me isolate why

Pros

Ease of use when a problem can up. Good to be able to expand to see what exactlyis going on

Cons

Nothing I can think of ai this time. It all works for me.

Brian M.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Quick Glasswire review, a solid selection

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

Glasswire has been easy to pick up and use as a means to further enhancing overall security. It also appears to have much more to offer as one takes the time to learn more of its finer workings. Bottom-line though is that it does its job well and looks really cool while doing it.

Pros

I recommend Glasswire because it is simple to use, with its engaging and unique UI, while also highly capable at its task. The bells and whistles are easily identified as well as explained in fairly seamless fashion with the well-meshed components. Enough for set and forget or tweaking til' content.

Cons

Personally, I would like even more information/granular details. However, I say that about everything.

Jeff H.

A MUST FOR YOUR BUSINESS

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Glassware looks after my PC and access Running quietly in the background protecting my use

Pros

Glassware provides me assurance that my PC is not being compromised by unwanted guest. Prompt notification is provide each time access is made allowing me to decide on a course of action

Cons

I can not add any value here as Im a sole trder adn the software meets all my requiremens

• Industry: Banking

Best Data usage visualizer app

Reviewed on 18/03/2020

Being able to track what's hogging my network has been very useful to me.

Pros

Data visualized is very Accuracy and Privacy was very much considered.

Cons

Software still not available for mac os.

Tony P.
  • Industry: Photography

I am a big fan of this software! It is easy to use and gives fine control of connection and...

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

It gives a greater understanding of what is going on in my digital life! What's not to like about that!

Pros

This software makes it easy to understand what is happening regarding software connecting, file transfers and bandwidth usage. It's visually stunning and appealing to use. I would not be without it. I usually run with ask to connect, which is great when limited to using a mobile connection.

Cons

There's not really anything bad to say about it. If you find something amiss customer service get back very fast to resolve issues. In my case they went the extra mile to resolve an issue that was really outside the scope. But they got it done.

Roby P.
  • Industry: Accounting

Used for years

Great service

Pros

Love the features and security that this offers and knowing who and what is in use on my system.

Cons

Nothing that I have noted. Wish it would quit asking me to pay for the update though.