PayPal Zettle Reviews

PayPal Zettle

4.6 (2,266)
Write a Review!
Mobile point of sale software to process online payments

(2,266)
4.5/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.3/5

Coty
Coty
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great option for inside business sales for small businesses!

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

The experience I have with PayPal is always amazing. They're safe, reliable, and I wouldn't choose any other software to manage my in store transactions.

Pros

PayPal here was always a tool I used before I grew my small business. It offered simple, easy to use and understand mechanics that some merchant transaction softwares didn't offer. I love how easy it is to use, and especially how quick it is. Most of all, I love how I can incorporate this into my already existing PayPal Business account to always manage receipts, invoices, and history.

Cons

I dislike the amount per swipe percentile. Each business has their fees, whilst there's others out there who are cheaper to use.

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
  • Industry: Banking

Very convenient in making payment

Reviewed on 30/01/2021

PayPal is secure and i fully trusting their securities regarding my payment account and credit card information that are linked in the platform. All my transaction activities are displayed in the main dashboard so that i can monitor any activity within my account. There are no option for transferring funds to friend & family in my country, and i hoping it will introduced to us soon.

Pros

PayPal Here is an amazing payment processing platform that i can make payment for my shopping cart in foreign e-commerce website like Amazon or ebay. It can be install in my smartphone, and i don't have to log-in the platform from my computer, but its offer the same security for my payment account. There are thousand merchant that are accepting PayPal and that make it so convenient.

Cons

The exchange rates from my currency to foreign currency is quite high and so different from other common daily exchange rate that other payment processor are using. On top of that, there are processing fees for the payment transfer. If they can lowering the processing fees, i can see others will use it more often as their payment processor.

Judi

Ditching PayPal

Reviewed on 13/06/2023

I enjoyed the low cost processing fees but PayPal Zettle lacks in so many ways and is limited in features.

Pros

Zettle by itself would be an excellent concept but I absolutely loathe having to deal with PayPal. I have a list of complaints as long as my leg with PayPal !

Cons

The card processor and terminal tends to be very seedy and has technical issues more often than not. PayPal is very frowned upon these days and my customers do NOT like using it !

Clover

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Zettle

The features I need to access were not offered and invoicing and POS keyed in transactions were over the top .

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

My husband (and business partner) was at the time very fond of PayPal and influenced my decision.
Nabamita
  • Industry: Accounting

Paypal zettle review

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Great experience, I love the item and the little gadget. It is not difficult to utilize and permits me to deal with my installments effectively and successfully.

Pros

Great experience, I love the item and the little gadget. It is not difficult to utilize and permits me to deal with my installments effectively and actually.

Cons

that installments got through the PayPal Here framework are at first frozen for 48 hours, creating setbacks for getting to reserves

Basma
  • Industry: Sports

PayPal Zettle Advantages

Reviewed on 3/10/2023

As I’m an admin, I’m very stressed in managing many stuff such like meetings, organizing tournaments, visas issuing, reports, staff follow-up and so on, and this app made things easier to me at the time I was checking and reviewing the lot of bills, payments and receipts, which reduced stress on me and saved my time.

Pros

It’s easy, simple, quick to pay and receive.

Cons

There is no obstacles or difficulties I found during using it.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

The reputation, easiness, security and privacy.
Swaibu
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

PayPal Zettle

Reviewed on 21/05/2024

Pros

It's easy to use makes me work effective

Cons

It is better than other ways in my community

Sam

Useful for customers, longwinded to set up

Reviewed on 29/04/2024

The transaction fee is quite high, even for payments within the same country. The setup takes a while and can stop you from accessing your money for a few days / weeks. Once set up though and with the transaction fee in mind, customers do appreciate the option to pay by paypal

Pros

Our customers appreciated being able to pay by card via a well-known and trusted platform

Cons

Our funds were initially on hold for a few weeks before we were able to access them. Something to do with the onboarding process needs to be sped up or made more transparent

Sam
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

PayPal Zettle Review

Reviewed on 28/05/2024

Pros

The thing I like most about PayPal Zettle is the tracking of inventory, and employee management, helps with streamlining

Cons

The interface is very intuitive, however some advanced features may require time spent to learn how to effectively use the system. There are some tutorials and supporting documents in place in place but can be time consuming.

kristopher
  • Industry: Entertainment

Best spent money for paypal transactions

Reviewed on 20/05/2024

Pros

That anyone can swipe a card even without a paypal and pay you on top of all the other features like inventory management its quite easy to use.

Cons

Prob the start fee of 2.75 % per transaction but otherwise its good if you sell alot it lowers as well

Lyiana
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Good and cool

Reviewed on 5/06/2024

Pros

I like that it helps out when I need it

Cons

Sometimes it doesn’t work properly and I have to restart

Tama
  • Industry: Veterinary

Perfect for small to medium businesses

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

We are an animal rescue, and we hold adoption events both at our rescue and in other places (parking lots, pet stores, etc.). The biggest benefit of PayPal Here is the mobility - we can take payments anywhere, and can have multiple volunteers set up with the mobile app to do so. It's reasonably easy for new users to figure out, and also easy to correct mistakes that occur - refunding an incorrect amount is a simple two-click process, and it goes through quickly for the customer. Payments go through quickly, as do transfers to our business checking account.

For me as the treasurer, the fact that the PayPal Here transactions go into our "standard" PayPal account is great. I can use the reports as generated by PayPal or download transactions to Excel or into QuickBooks to merge them into the overall reporting for the board. They're clearly marked so I know which are from PayPal Here vs. the donation button on our website so that I can correctly categorize the income quickly.

Pros

The best thing about PayPal Here is that it is 100% portable. We can process donations or adoption fees from our rescue, a pet store, a street fair - as long as we have a bar or two of signal, we can accept any major credit card. It also has a QR code option, so if the customer has the PayPal app or would prefer a 100% touchless transaction, we can generate that code and they can pay from their own phones rather than having to physically hand over a card. The readers are small and easy to tuck into a pocket, and have proven remarkably sturdy in spite of some pretty rough handling. (Literally had a puppy chew on one, and it still worked just fine afterward!) (Welcome to life in a rescue, y'all, puppy is gonna chew ANYTHING that falls out of a pocket into their enclosure...)

Cons

The card readers can be a bit fiddly, especially for folks with older model phones. The newer Bluetooth readers in particular are unusable by several of our authorized users who stubbornly cling to their ancient Androids (not PayPal's fault). To be fair this can easily be overcome by manually entering the card number, but the fees are considerably higher than when we are able to swipe the card or insert the chip into the reader.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

The fees were more reasonable for us as a nonprofit, and the seamless integration with our existing PayPal account was a big plus for us. It was also a more familiar interface for our users, and at the time had better options for setting up individual user access so that we could have some people who could only take payments, others who can process both payments and refunds, and admins who can see full balances, make transfers, etc.
Obrian
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

PayPal zettle I love it

Reviewed on 9/01/2022

My over experience with PayPal zettle is great it is simple one of the best out there which is great PayPal is always innovative I love it

Pros

What I love about mostly about PayPal zettle is that to me the revolutionized the point of sale business which I know others giant company are big man, I’m not new to using PayPal services over the many years I’ve been a PayPal user but what PayPal did with zettle is next level where I don’t necessarily have to have excellent internet connections to take payments I can do over simple mobile internet and the transactions are always a success, PayPal put in a lot of work into it and I love it…

Cons

What I don’t like with it which could be just a software issue is that something it just disconnect from my phone off its own which is a bit annoying but it takes seconds to reconnect so it can work around probably a software update can if it and sometimes the card payment fails like 1 or 2 but it never goes over the third retry so I think those can be fix with an update they are minor but if it happens in a rush it can be a big deal but some problems

Carol
Carol
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

It was Great- until they made one little change

Reviewed on 23/01/2023

I needed a quick fix when they were phasing out our version of Quickbooks POS and we wanted something a little more flexible. After spending nearly a month looking for a new system we settled on this one, price is right, processing fees aren't bad, reporting was adequate enough to get by and we expected/hoped that it would get better the longer it was in use in the US, I was very wrong. The 'features' they've added have been mostly useless.

Pros

It's free, it's by PayPal so you can trust it and the price can't be beat

Cons

I've let a lot of things slide because it's free, but now that they transfer EVERY credit card transaction to my PayPal account it's terrible to try to reconcile in Quickbooks. The reporting is truly terrible and the customer service is basically non-existent. Try to even find the help section on the PayPal site. It's like they bought and make money off this thing, but don't actually want to support it.

Lightspeed Restaurant

Too expensive and clunky

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

It checked enough boxes for us to make the switch

Easy to use and easy to set up

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

Really pleased with it. I'm still find cool things that I can do.

Really pleased with it. I'm still find cool things that I can do.

Pros

I needed to find a new card reader as my previous one had died. As I have a paypal business account I wanted one which will link direct with my account without having to set up a new payment system.

The software and reader links straight to my shopify account so that I could use the card reader to link to my iPad and set up a POS at the mobile shows I attend. It brought in my entire inventory from shopify.

The software is easy to use and allows easy data to be accessed from the software dashboard showing sales by timeperiods and even go into each transaction to granular levels. You can also refund card transactions from within the software.

you can trigger your payments out to be daily, weekly or monthly to your designated account.

Cons

Note that the reader is really sensitive so do not put your phone close to the reader when entering in payment details or you can trigger apple pay ... yes, I accidentally paid for an order and had to refund it to myself (which was really easy in the software).

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Zettle

My exisiting reader had died and this was a cheaper option.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

Cost of reader, quickness of delivery and low charges for transactions
Amna
Amna

Can a company get any worse?

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

One of the worst experience ever. Customer support is almost non existant. Getting hold of a human is next to impossible and if you do get one, he/she can actually do nothing!!!

Pros

Forced to use it as many people have this! I don't like this at all and don't think there is any positive. Would gladly dump it if there is a good alternative

Cons

Where do I even start?

No customer service. Blocking accounts for no reason. Stupid 'security algorithm' blocking payments I want to send. Asking for my card when I have balance in my PayPal. Taking 24 hours or more to withdraw. Blocking my money for 6 months + etc etc

Worth it if you already use Paypal

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

Paypal Here App allowed me to process payments in person relatively efficiently. It was important for me to have a way to do this, and Paypal offered an easy solution to this problem. I eventually moved on to other payment processors but it was highly useful to use Paypal Here since I didn't have to create another set of logins and could connect it immediately to my existing Paypal account.

Pros

It's easy to connect to your Paypal account so whatever money you process with the chip reader will be directly transferred to your Paypal account. It doesn't require a contract, which was a plus for me. It's a free software unless you upgrade your card reader to one that also accepts chip and contactless cards. It does have the security guarantees of Paypal, which is a plus.

Cons

It has fees for international currencies. It also becomes a more lengthy process to get your payments if the amounts exceed certain thresholds in a given period of time. Paypal in general has customer service that gets the job done but doesn't really make resolving issues simple or easeful. You also have to execute an action yourself to transfer the money from your Paypal account (after it's automatically deposited there from the processing) to your bank account, so it does add one more thing to do to your list.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

At the time, PayPal Here App seemed like an easier to implement solution since I was already a PayPal user. Eventually I did switch to Stripe in order to better integrate the whole payment solution into my website and in person.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Relieable Product

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

It is becoming a cashless society and so this fills that void by allowing people to purchase product without cash.

Pros

It's been around a while so people know it by name when they hear about it. Easy to ask or send money, or send someone a request for money with a invoice.

Cons

That is cost so much to use it that I have to add a little cost to my card transactions to help offset the cost.

Verna
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Don't Settle, Get PayPal Zettle!

Reviewed on 22/06/2023

Overall, PayPal Zettle has improved our payment processing and we highly recommend it to other small businesses who are looking for a POS solution.

Pros

Zettle is a replacement and an improvement to the old PayPal Here. Zettle allows me to accept more types of payments, has same day availability of funds in our business PayPal account and has been a game changer for my business, especially processing payments at pop-up markets.In addition to the many payments accepted (Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover, ApplePay, GooglePay, VenMo, etc), Zettle makes accounting simple by automatically creating daily sales reports of each employee and providing the ability to keep track of inventory. Paypal has done a great job creating Zettle POS and app.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about Zettle, but I will say, our biggest challenge was getting acclimated to a new system after using PayPal Here for years. That said, the learning curve was not that difficult.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

Because I had used PayPal Here previously, I decided to stay with PayPal and try Zettle.
Fred
  • Industry: Automotive

Worst Purchase Ever

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

I bought the Zettle Terminal at the beginning of July, only to have it show up broken. No big deal, I certainly understand that things go wrong and accidents happen; however, ever since then, trying to deal with customer service to get a refund has been nothing less than laughable. I first spoke to a woman who said she'd get me some shipping labels printed and sent within a few hours so I could send it back. A couple of days later when I inquired as to why I hadn't gotten them, they suddenly showed up and I was told that they can take up to 48 hours to print. Okay, fine. So after sending the box back in sometime near the latter part of July, it's now almost the middle of September and I still haven't gotten my money back. I've sent several emails (to which I've gotten the auto-responder saying they've been received and assuring me I'll have a response within a couple of days) to which no one has yet responded, and I've managed to get through to someone on the phone one time who ASSURED me that he would get to the bottom of it and have me a response emailed out within a few hours, and, surprise, I never heard back. Today I called the same Zettle number I've called every time so far and spoke to a woman for about ten minutes before we figured out that she doesn't even work for Zettle but in fact for Paypal, which is technically different. She helped by giving me the Zettle number which was in fact the number that I had just called, lol.

Pros

I never got a chance to use it to see if there was anything likable about it.

Cons

Customer service is a joke. I've been trying to get a refund for the broken equipment they sent me for two months now and haven't managed yet. And it's not because there's some kind of dispute, they just stopped answering my emails and when I do manage to get someone on the phone they don't do what they say they're going to. I'm looking at you, [sensitive content hidden]

Aaron
Aaron
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Went from great to just okay

Reviewed on 25/03/2019

I used to love this app, and use it on a weekly basis for my business, but after a few updates it has just gone down hill. It started with just not working on my personal phone, then it stopped functioning on my computer and on my wife's phone. We uninstalled and updated on all devices, but it would no longer allow us to complete a purchase by typing the card numbers in, in fact it wouldn't even let us get to the screen to try and place the charge. This really has inconvenienced us as a business, as many of my clients are using church credit cards with no personal names on the cards, while they always had issues making payments via the paypal site because of this, they had always been able to make their payment by giving me the payment info over the phone. I have since had to have those clients send personal checks which is okay, but I am waiting for payments 1-2 weeks, whereas before I was paid instantly.

Pros

I liked the functionality of it in that it was easy to take payments where ever you are. It was simple to use, easy to understand, and great for being able to instantly send receipts to clients.

Cons

I dislike the fact that the fee is higher if you are not swiping the card, because in my business I have clients all over the world and very few that are local that could actually just swipe the card.

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

If you sell, trade or freelance, you need PayPal

Reviewed on 8/12/2018

Good!

Good!

Pros

The most important thing about PayPal Here App is that it’s easy to set up! A quick download, register your account and link it to your bank account which doubles as your verification process enables you to start collecting payments as fast as possible! If you take debit/credit card payments then you can’t do without PayPal! I sell goods in store and online, so having a POS that is scaleable across various platforms is extremely important for my business. Once payment is received, it’s easy to figure out the source, the amount and your total balance on account in one window! The App is available across several platforms, whether it’s a tablet, iPhone or android!

Cons

Cons per the App is that moving money to your linked bank account is not automated, as you have to manually move the amount to your designated bank account unless you use a PayPal card. Also, getting customer support is not pretty straightforward and getting someone to talk to is near impossible due to the difficulty in getting hold of the number. It’s however easy to send a mail.

Jonathan

PayPal Here? Good, or Bad?

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

My overall experience with PayPal Here has been quite pleasant, however with everything there is always slight problems.

Pros

What I like most about this software? I like how simple it is, I like how its designed-looks very clean and sleek, I like that I can add smaller accounts onto my account for employees, and make it so they have limited access to certain parts of the app (financials, reports, etc.)

Cons

I dislike the loading time and lag this software has every once in awhile.. Or the minimal bugs that appear.. But once again, few and in between.

Square Point of Sale and Clover
Leba
Leba
  • Industry: Restaurants

Paypal is an amazing application just like using a credit card or bank card Paypal is safe

Reviewed on 18/03/2022

My experience with PayPal is it’s quicker to use it’s responsible of me getting all my income from surveys from a lot of applications ,iTunes ,Netflix ,everything , it is an amazing application that can replace a credit card in a safe away and without Paypal I feel lost

Pros

Paypal I love it because it’s an amazing application just like use your credit card PayPal is safe it’s private what I mean is it can’t be hacked and Paypal also protects your credit cards and using PayPal has help me so much to get my income quicker, it’s so easy more easier than a credit card ,I have made so many accounts of PayPal because it’s an amazing application that can be used everywhere and Paypal now has its own credit card and I think Paypal is worldwide

Cons

It’s like a credit card that’s so safe what I mean is it used everywhere and when you have your Credit in Paypal it’s protected. By using PayPal ur credit card numbers can never be seen ,Paypal without it I would feel lost.

Jack
Jack

Ability to accept card & contactless payments easily

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Paypal Here has meant my personal training studio and physiotherapy clinic has been able to take card payments, this has been of great convenience to both myself, my staff and my customers in that we no longer have to deal with cash.
The portability of the card device and the app based software have meant we are able to take payments on the go if we are training outdoors or at an event.
The software is easy to use and very intuitive.
The only fees are the cost of the card machine and then a very small percentage of the transaction meaning it has been much cheaper to run than many other options such as renting a card machine.

Pros

Affordable for small businesses
Integrated card machine allows card and contactless payments to be made
Card machine is easily portable and with the system being app based it means I just need a phone and signal to take transactions when on the go.

Cons

The Bluetooth connectivity can be a bit patchy depending on the device it is connecting to.

Joyce

Very Easy To Use~

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

I've used it for several years and have had very few issues. When I did, support was easy to deal with!

Pros

This software is very simple and straight forward. I've never had an issue using the app. I love that I am able to swipe cards with my phone!

Cons

I wish the app offered the whole suite of things that the computer one did. I use invoicing almost daily and would love if it were on the app.

Square Point of Sale