1,430 reviews

PayPal Here

Mobile point of sale software to process online payments

4.6 /5 (1430 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.5
4.5
4.6
4.3
1,430 reviews
Industry: Fine Art

Easy to use; great for occasional use

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 6/10/2020

Overall positive experience. My original card scanner broke so I had to purchase another. I wish they would give another for free especially if the original one stops working.

Pros

I like that there is no monthly fee. I can use it as much or as little as I want for my business. It is easy to set up with different point of sale items and can even add pictures.

Cons

I do not like that you can't archive items to pull up to use again. That feature would be great to have. The processing rate isn't that great compared to other processors but is manageable for occasional use or special events.

Kevin A.
Industry: Automotive
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

PayPal Here App Exceeds Expectations

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

They offer peace of mind by maintaining up to the minute payment tracking and notifications. This is especially useful if PayPal is your primary form of payment used by your customers for online businesses. As I mentioned earlier, if there is ever an issue the matter is handled with an experienced live representative in a timely and efficient manner.

I think anyone who shops online should definitely give PayPal Here App a try and I assure you that it will not disappoint.

Pros

I love the various options that PayPal offers to its users. Not only does it allow my personal business to receive payments from anywhere and at any time, it also makes purchasing products through PayPal extremely easy and efficient. I use it for both my online business and as my main form of payment when shopping on websites. Nowadays most stores like Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy accept PayPal and for a person who doesn't and has never had a credit card it is the best option for me.

You can also use PayPal to send and receive money to your friends as long as they have their own PayPal account as well. This has come in handy for me personally many times when I was at a loss of what to gift those hard to shop for friends during the Christmas holiday season. By sending them cash through PayPal, I knew that they would be able to pick out their own gift online and very often on sale.

Cons

The customer service could be improved a little bit when it comes to trying to talk to someone about an issue you may be experiencing. I have only had to contact customer service once due to the delay I was experiencing concerning a refund that I was supposed to have received within 3 days. On the 4th day with no refund on sight I contacted their customer service department and was answered within an hour with their assurance that they would handle the refund within 24 hours. After verifying proof of the purchase I was awaiting a refund on, PayPal issued my refund less than 4 hours later with a truly sincere apology for the complication occurring in the first place.

Elizabeth S.
Industry: Retail

A Fantastic Way To Start!

Reviewed on 16/08/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, this was a great POS for our company to start with at mobile markets. It was simple and straightforward and I found the customer support to be great! If you need/want a simple POS to get you started, give it a try!

Pros

This was an easy way to get started with a POS. It was free and simple to setup. I found it very simple to change the products around, as well as prices. The app is simple to install across different devices and platforms and it works just as well on my android as it does on my staff's iPhone. Adding products to the shopping cart and checking out is a breeze. Also, it is simple to change tax rates within the app. This was helpful for mobile events that we needed to change the tax rate temporarily. It also worked well for multiple people to use at different events. Finally, the company was awesome at sending more swipers to get us setup. We realized that we needed 5 people to be able to ring up product across multiple events at a given time and paypal was quick to send us more swipers and get us up and running!

Cons

There isn't much style to the app. This doesn't really matter, but once our company was established and we started using a different POS in our store, this was only used as a backup and my staff actually complained that there weren't pictures of the products.

We use this exclusively for credit card payments in our bakery

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

I am able to take payments anywhere as I can run them through my cell phone, and I don't have to pay an outrageous monthly payment for the "privilege" of using a dedicated credit card processing system. PLUS the money appears in my account immediately so I can use it right away if I need to.

Pros

I have been a Paypal user for 14 years and trust them. I like that the PayPal Here app allows me to take payments on my cell phone (or other mobile device) anywhere. I use this to accept credit card payments at my bakery and also for my other businesses as well. Unlike other mobile payment apps, the money appears in my account immediately (thanks, Paypal!) so I can use it that day to purchase supplies or whatever I need. And I'm not spending an arm and a leg each month for a credit card processing system.

Cons

The pros so greatly outweigh any possible cons that I can't really think of any. I suppose it is a bit of an annoyance to pay extra to key in a credit card that won't swipe correctly, but really it's just a petty annoyance, not really a con.

Joyce T.
Industry: Real Estate

Very Easy To Use~

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

I've used it for several years and have had very few issues. When I did, support was easy to deal with!

Pros

This software is very simple and straight forward. I've never had an issue using the app. I love that I am able to swipe cards with my phone!

Cons

I wish the app offered the whole suite of things that the computer one did. I use invoicing almost daily and would love if it were on the app.

Lisa G.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Excellent App

Reviewed on 17/11/2019

It’s one of the best apps out there on the market right now I’m able to make all my transactions for my customer through it very easy to navigate through and saves me lots of time makes my life easier

Pros

Here is one of the best apps out there on the market right now. It is really easy to navigate and really easy to collect payments for my merchandise. It makes my life a lot easier

Cons

There’s nothing I like least about this app it is an excellent app for every day use

Mike M.

Receive And Make Payments Easily

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

PayPal has competitive rates to other payment processors. PayPal has a reputation for excellent service, the transactions are completely secure, the quality and guarantee that has been established with the brand makes it recognizable and trusted to prospective customers. This is an asset for businesses where clients want that extra level of security that PayPal offers. Transactions are processed instantaneously and multiple currencies are handled without the need for us to convert them. PayPal does all of the work and is reliable. PayPal is essential to our company and to my personal use.

Pros

PayPal is widely accepted everywhere. The need to store customer payment information is eliminated providing added security for clients. The PayPal dashboard is easy to use, all information is stored in one place. Shipping and contacting a client becomes easy if necessary. Processing payments is easy. At checkout Paypal handles everything.

Cons

We haven't had any real issues with PayPal. The few times we have had to deal with customer service they were quick to respond to our issues. The foreign exchange rate is not always that great which is sometimes a drawback.

Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

The best money transferring app

Reviewed on 3/08/2018

Like I said in my previous review questions, my overall experience with paypal is one to remember. Such a great company with great workers. The app runs smooth, and they are a trusted brand that everyone can rely on. I love them!

Pros

Wow. Just wow. I have been a paypal customer for over 7 years now and I love everything about the company. If I ever had anything go wrong (soooo rarely) their customer support is always available and ready to help. The app makes money transferring so easy, with a click of a button. Paypal is one of those company’s who is a powerhouse in the industry of financial services and is trusted around he world and a middleman for transactions. You need this app if you do any internet purchasing. I love paypal and this app just is he icing on the cake.

Cons

The app when it first came out was a little glitchy. But the paypal team quickly fixed it up with efficient upgrades and updates to ensure their customers have a great expireneve. I have no lthing bas to say about paypal and cannot find anything to complain about. This company is the best at what they do!

Jamie S.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Paypal

Reviewed on 2/09/2018

Its worth it! I travel alot so when I'm on the go an need to check out something or write and invoice I need it right then and there and i just log into paypal and handle what i need to handle

Pros

I love pay-pal for all my small business needs so when I saw the app was available I had to have it. I installed it on my smart phone and let me just say it lives up to the pay-pal brand. I love it everything I need is at the touch of my fingers.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like I get a little unorganized with it and it takes me a while to find something simple that I could find easier on the website. However I feel like its not hard at all to get back on track and find what your looking for

Itay B.
Industry: Computer Software

Paypal, Expensive but profitable.

Reviewed on 20/09/2018

eBay buyer and seller. I gave them 9/10 just because of the costumer support, I hope every company will hold such great costumer support.

Pros

Paypal has really good security and the best consumer protection. Paypal is an eBay app. I have been a seller on eBay and I'm still a buyer. A lot of times I was not in really terrible situations and Paypal's costumer support saved me, and brought my money back. The whole amount.

Cons

Paypal are taking a lot of commission for every transaction. They're really expensive than the alternatives.
Their website is really terrible and pretty old. The new design its a little messy but you can still see some old pages.

Kevin M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Glad I switched!

Reviewed on 24/12/2019

It connects very easily to your phone right out of the box but you should charge it fully for an hour or two before first use.

Pros

Taking payments in person is a problem that needs solved for solopreneurs like myself who doesn't work out of a building. So getting a free card reader from Square was awesome and it worked well. But when Paypal Here offered their better bluetooth wireless card reader free, I switched fast! Customers always asked about it especially older customers who thought it was neat to keep it in my pocket.

Cons

My only con is that I forget to charge the device a lot which is my fault! Once fully charged it does it's job and last a very long time on a single charge. I wish it had an auto turn off function when it's idle for a bit.

Barbara S.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

A very good but expensive payment processor

Reviewed on 16/12/2018

It is a very useful app, both to make payments or receive payments, as to be used as a payment gateway on our websites, its integration is simple and has the characteristic of being able to handle euros or dollars which is very good.

Pros

I love how easy it is to pay or receive payments through this platform and the accepted that is worldwide makes it very commercial, and that its use is very necessary, it should also be noted that the process of payment and receiving money is very fast. In addition this app has something very important for programmers and is that its integration to different websites or systems is super simple, and is easy to use as a payment gateway.

Cons

It also has things that I do not like, I think the technical support is bad, in addition to the commissions charged for transfers in my opinion are too high and finally it sometimes lends to cheat because when the person transferring, claims the money, usually wins the dispute without really being right.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Isabel R.
Industry: Graphic Design

Send money with a click

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

I use the app a lot when I buy online, I put my email and I make the purchase only with that, since it is affiliated with my bank account.

Pros

Paypal has been one of the pioneers of sending payments with a click from your cell phone, wherever you are and from anywhere in the world.
Something I like about this app, is that it is in almost all the shopping pages, and easily add the email and your payment data are automatically placed, it saves you time writing your card numbers and all that process tedious that we hate when buying online.
He has made several good updates that helps you facilitate the entire purchase process and send money to your friends.

Cons

This app asks for a transfer fee to other accounts. The calculation is depending on the amount you transfer. I think it is the negative side of this, since there are other app that do not ask for a fee, although this is quite reliable that your money will arrive where it is intended.

Sarah S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
Company size: Self Employed

Best app for sending and receiving money

Reviewed on 7/04/2018

Easily send and receive money quickly

Pros

PayPal is easy to use from both your computer and phone... The best part is that it works internationally and does auto currency conversion for you... The currency rate always matches the daily rate :) ...... Product purchases or sending /receiving money from friends or family, PayPal is the best and easiet way to deal with money digitally :)

Cons

It can be difficult to link with international bank accounts and getting cash out international with the PayPal debit card can sometimes be difficult....

It is a recommended electronic payment platform, easy to use.

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Pros

You can make payment requests to your customers and make payment reminders, you can also share a link https://www.paypal.me/name/amount with which the customer can cancel more easily.
Commissions are pre-established, so users have information on this important topic, if you have questions, you can request the commercial fee from the paypal website.

Cons

In the time of use of this tool we have not presented problems, it has worked very well for us. It has a resolution center for cases of nonconformities raised

Bruce B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

PAYPAL is the pay app that all other are measured against.

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

I've been using Paypal for over a decade. It has kept itself very relevant in the changes of modern mobile payment systems. I hope to see Paypal continue to lead the pack as the years move on. I have the utmost confidence with their security.

Pros

The user interface has remained much the same of the past few years, but with updated security. You know when you're using this program as long as I have that they take user information seriously. They do not change what works on the user's end which is a positive thing for older users. More importantly, updates on import areas such as security are common which keep them ahead of the pack.

Cons

It may not be as fast to go through and pay someone like some of the newer apps out there, but you can be rest assured that the app is secure. There is a reason why they are so well known and all other are compared the Paypal.

Industry: Entertainment

Love Paypal Here For My Business

Reviewed on 17/07/2020

I use PayPal Here when selling my artwork, and it's been a lifesaver. It's been so easy to set up and accept payments from buyers. I wouldn't use any other app.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to accept payment from buyers, most of whom already have a PayPal account, but if they don't, normally have no problem setting one up to pay me, since it's super easy to do. The money always finds me, comes quickly, and is available for withdrawal immediately, which makes tracking my income really easy.

Cons

The only con I have has nothing to do with the app, but rather Paypal's customer service. Obviously they are a giant company so I wouldn't expect them to be ready to answer any question immediately. But on the couple of occasions I have had an issue and contacted them, the answers I've gotten back have been canned, robotic responses that didn't fix my issue.

Tricia M.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

PayPal

Reviewed on 17/09/2018

Great experience, easy to use. I recently setup my parents with an account so they can use it for their business. I would recommend it to everyone since its so universal.

Pros

Love that everyone of my customers has a PayPal account so its easy to get payment. Also love the ease of using the app to request or make payments. The online program has great details and is easy for me to use when I need to refund and customer.

Cons

Software is great, its just when I have had to call customer service I am on the phone forever .

Amy T.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Convenient way to pay for online purchases

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 16/04/2019

Pros

Been using Paypal for as long as I used Ebay since it's the most secure way and sensible way to pay and get paid there. Over time more online stores have also adapted to Paypal and it's a very convenient. The best part is probably the ability to link your bank account and credit cards to paypal so loading the account with funds isn't required. Comparing to the banks this is a extra layer of protection and this app allows you to manage everything at your fingertips.

Cons

Not much complaints about the app but Paypal in general often gets abused by the users on the other side of the transaction. I try my best to stay away from buying on Ebay now since many sellers are very dishonest. Paypal will protect you some times but comparing to Amazon and the credit card company they are pretty bad at protecting consumers.

Jonathan T.

Very Helpful!

Reviewed on 30/10/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Very easy to use, the features and layout of the app is simple it is not confusing which is important in dealing with your money, to not be confused. Also accessible and connects to almost all of the shopping online websites. Great!

Cons

At first I get confused and upset about it's service charge when you confirm your card but later on it will be return to your account. So all in all it is still worthy and must have application

Chase M.
Industry: Facilities Services

Best option to send and receive payments

Reviewed on 24/12/2019

Pros

Paypal allows you to send and receive invoices and pay with the click of a button. 1 day transfers are FREE. Also when you have issues with payments sent and products not received paypal will jump in and play the roll of negotiator to retrieve your funds. Highly recommended

Cons

The fees for transactions is a bit on the high end in my opinion, however, still on par with industry standards.

Lindy S.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

PayPal Here Pays Off

Reviewed on 3/01/2020

I can process an art sale anywhere I am, in person or remotely, then immediately transfer the money to my bank account and have access to it within a day or so. And my clients feel secure with the process.

Pros

Immediate and secure processing of credit cards helps confirm the trust I ask my collectors to place in me when they decide to purchase pricey original art. The app allows processing via the chip card reader or manual entry of the number, which is a good back up and also phone order option. It is quick and easy to transfer the money to my bank. Love the fingerprint ID function for my iPhone.

Cons

Sometimes the wifi/bluetooth connection gets confused and I must shut everything down and reboot and reenter my password etc, which is awkward with a client waiting to check out.

Eric L.
Industry: Retail

Paypal is a good product but not the cheapest

Reviewed on 11/01/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I think you should do your comparison shopping. If paypal does not need to be forward then you should look at other options.

Pros

It offers a really good universal interface, and comparability with a variety of different services. The platform process payments quick and easy and gives customers confidence in what they are providing

Cons

The fees are higher than other lesser known brands that are out there. There is a risk though associated with doing so.

Brittney S.
Industry: Cosmetics

Super easy to use

Reviewed on 18/07/2018

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. I have the app on all my devices and it makes accessing my account and viewing transactions super easy. Being a business owner, you need to be able to quickly access and view payments and transactions easily and this app works awesome for that

Cons

I wish the app showed the confirmed address of the buyer but it doesnt so I have to log into paypal from a web browser to view that info.

Amy H.
Industry: Consumer Services

PayPal Picks Pockets

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

I started using PayPal here long ago first with a fleamarket booth and then with some online sales things like that it is a really great software tool to use for small commerce transactions but as far as anything larger I do not use that because I have lost the money sent to me they have lost payments it’s very difficult to get any kind of help as far as tracking this money down so yeah they pick my pocket and I would use them for my business but for personal yes

Pros

What I like most Out the PayPal here are software is that it’s really easy to use quick to set up and have a lot of tools for a business.

Cons

What I least like about it is the fact that transactions can be lost and PayPal does not give adequate support to help find these monies.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10