Biteable

Cloud-based video making and editing software

4.4 /5 (17 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
Kinga O.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

The greatest video support

Reviewed on 4/05/2019

We finally can produce high-quality videos in low budget and dig into video marketing a bit more.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to produce first animations and videos, and they look extremely professional. I love Biteable, my whole team does!

Cons

Nothing, they changed pricing a bit, but it doesn't matter - for the quality they deliver it's worth it!

Aisha B.
Industry: Biotechnology
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Biteable Makes Video Creation Fun!

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 20/07/2019

Overall, I cannot believe how easy it was to create a video in Biteable. I do not have a video background so I was a bit nervous when I was first tasked to create a video in it. But it's very user-friendly and intuitive, even for novice users. I would definitely recommend Biteable to those who are interested in creating and editing general videos that have a clean look and feel - especially those who are new to the video world and need some guidance/direction.

Pros

Even if you don't have video creation/editing skills, Biteable makes it super easy to make videos that are engaging, quick, and polished! I really like how Biteable pulls from existing stock photography and the number of options to choose from is pretty extensive! I also like that you have free and premium imagery options to choose from depending on your video needs.

Cons

I think Biteable could have more font options and overall, customization options. It's great that you can choose imagery and also upload your own, but I think there is room for growth as far as having specific features available to customize your video. It would be nice if there were multiple fonts to choose from or you had the ability to upload your preferred font.

Devan H.
Industry: Computer Games
Company size: Self Employed

Learn to make videos yourself you'll be better off in the long run and spend less money

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 7/05/2020

Horrible. I will never be using this video editor again.

Pros

It's easy to use... sometimes. Their online video editor is really choppy. All other websites I access are fine but their website is soooo slow. It took me hours to make a video about 70 seconds long. My computer has a good AMD graphics processor and video card and 12 GB of RAM. It outputs nice videos and has templates to create them easily.

Cons

I paid for a subscription and thought that meant I could create many videos. WRONG! I could only download 1 video that didn't have the Biteable watermark once a month. It would have been nice if they had advertised that fact at purchase. I immediately canceled my subscription and deleted my account. I told them I was deleting my account because paying enough money to buy a video editor just to download 1 video is so not worth it.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Industry: Financial Services

Easy to use video maker tool

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Was looking to produce video content for clients we work with but other providers charge $’000s to create rudimentary video that converts less effectively than Biteable video.

Pros

Super easy to use for any beginner with limited video creation expertise. Able to produce usable content quickly and at scale. Helps to produce daily videos for social media feeds. Far superior to alternative offerings.

Cons

Sometimes had to produce different shapes or varying duration video that was difficult in v1 product. They’ve relaunched a tool especially for social media managers that now solves this issue.

Hardik V.
Industry: Computer Software

Making explainer videos have never been this easy.

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Good.

Pros

I have been using Biteable since 2016 and it is truly one of the best tools to make promotional and social media videos in minutes.
Pretty easy to use for everyone, you don't need any video production skills to use Biteable.

Cons

I have tried reaching them thrice and feel like their customer support lacks in responding early.
They must provide prior support to their premium users.

Industry: Newspapers

Not perfect, but one of the best tools in the industry

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

Overall it's been great. Do note, however, that while Biteable may seem free, it costs to take the watermark off.

Pros

Biteable is not like most alternatives, in that it does more than just slap some text on free stock footage. It has a huge library of templates that include everything from simple how-to videos to blatant ads, featuring customized text and animated blocks. When you choose a template, Biteable lets users edit their video in a familiar way, with a timeline at the bottom of the screen and the ability to edit/adjust layers and elements to perfection.

Cons

Biteable might take some getting used to. Not because it is unconventional in the way in presents editing options, but in the sheer amount of editing options. Also, if your computer or internet is slow, it may result in a less than satisfactory experience.

Aditya S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Best for making short ads

Reviewed on 22/04/2019

Pros

This tool is a life saver. With different layouts to choose from you can easily make your own social media ads within minutes.

Cons

can not customize the time for the individual slide it's fixed for 5-6 sec.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

So easy to use!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 8/02/2019

Biteable is fantastic for quick videos, such as for social media. There's lots of animated templates, as well as some with live action stock footage. Editing features are very limited - but that's what makes it so easy to use. If you need more advanced editing functionality, you'll want to look elsewhere, but for quick marketing videos with minimal learning curve, Biteable is a great low-cost option.

Pros

Biteable is incredibly easy to use, with a wide variety of built-in templates. It's super fast to create a high-quality, professional looking video in minutes.

Cons

There's no option for square format Instagram videos. You also can't download videos created using the free plan.

Valamere M.
Industry: E-Learning
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Design Quick Micro-learning Videos in Less Time

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 31/08/2019

Overall, Biteable is great for using if you want to create a short video to showcase quick learning concepts and information. Also, you may find Biteable useful if you want to create a promotional or marketing video.

Pros

I love the pre-designed templates available to insert your content with ease. All you need to do is select a layout or design and enter your content.

Cons

Unfortunately, you are unable to add your voice to the videos or upload your own video unless you purchase a full plan. Also, the trial version has the watermark. However, the watermark can easily be removed if you purchase a full plan.

Arus N.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

One of my favorite content creation tools

Reviewed on 2/04/2019

After a small introduction to the tool, anybody who has ever used visual tools for Content Marketing purposes will get a hold of this product and be able to create content in no time.

Pros

I have a team of 5 people working on Biteable. It is really worth the money if you are using it on the daily basis. It's easy and intuitive.

Cons

I wish for new video templates to be updated regularly, because there's a lot of repetition in the "Templates" section.

Industry: Computer Software

Awesome video creator!

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

Version 1.0 is amazing and I hope enough people complain about 2.0 that they scrap that version completely and redo it to keep it consistent with the simplicity of 1.0.

Pros

Currently they're trying to make version 2.0, and 2.0 suck bad... real bad... Anyway, their version one editor is extremely simply and all you need to do is select a template, enter text, choose your audio and colors, and generate the video. No animation skills requires; no messy timelines like in 2.0 or other tools, no loads of features to make you feel overwhelmed like in 2.0.

Cons

2.0 sucks very bad. When I first saw it, I thought it was 1.0 and the current interface was 2.0. If they make that 2.0 version the only available version, I will need to cancel our subscription.

Natalie W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Simple Visual Creation

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Great for more professional settings but for us, it didn't do what we needed it to, we need fun and engaging this has more serious feel.

Pros

The software is great it offers simple visuals almost minimal. It is reasonably priced and when we created a short video in the free plan to test it out, there was nothing difficult about the process.

Cons

For us, although it is good software it was not engaging enough for our audience we need the use of characters to aid in the storytelling and this is more of an animated PowerPoint presentation.

Daniel S.
Industry: Financial Services

Definitely the best 'do it yourself' video production tool around

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 29/01/2019

This tool is excellent. You can save literally 10s of thousands of dollar on video production. Most importantly, with Biteable you have unlimited capacity to iterate and experiment with different video content in order to get the best outcome for your business.

Pros

Studio quality video - virtually every other product in the market provides functionality that's limited to simple cartoon style videos. With Biteable I am able to create videos that are suitable for advertising and client facing projects.

Cons

Video's have limited customisable elements

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great video content option

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 5/12/2019

Biteable took a while to get used to but is a great software for people who need quick content without the advanced knowledge of software like Adobe Premiere.

Pros

I like this product because it allows me to easily create short social media videos without having to know an advanced video creating software. It even provides stock photo and video for when I don't seem to have what I need.

Cons

From the second to current version of the software, they took away some features that I miss. I really wish I could put text or other overlay across multiple scenes of footage, but that is no longer possible.

Industry: Internet

Decent video making software

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

Pros

Easy to use and decent amount of features.
I used this for a promo video and even with the watermark, was still quite an impressive result

Cons

No mobile app. No direct way to share on Instagram or other social media

Industry: Graphic Design

Biteable Review

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 5/03/2019

Pros

It's so easy to create simple videos that may look professionally done even if I just created it for only a couple of minutes.

Cons

I only get to use very short clips of my own video.

Industry: E-Learning
Company size: Self Employed

Biteable is great for short social media videos

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Pros

The app is so easy to use. I can create a short video for social media in less than 15 minutes.

Cons

I wish they had more options for templates.