LearnDash

Learning management system for WordPress

4.6 /5 (139 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
David W.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Excellent product - terrible support

Reviewed on 8/08/2020

The Good :
+ Excellent functionality for authoring courses with all expected media types supported
+ Excellent functionality & UX for users taking courses
+ Full-featured for those starting with a blank slate
+ Mobile responsive (with our theme)

The Bad:
- Very hard to integrate with existing customized website (theme, plugins, etc)
- GravityForms integration virtually useless
- Unable to drive course access or pricing based on WP user role
- Apparently no hooks allowing implementer to modify their course enrollment process.

The Ugly
- HORRIBLE SUPPORT!

Pros

The features/functions of this product are top notch. Particularly if you are building a new eLearning site and are willing to use their theme and their UX OOB, this is very easy to implement and has great features.

Cons

The support experience has been horrendous! My task has been to integrate this LMS into an existing website which is very complex and sophisticated, without turning the existing UX on its head. The Support organization has been utterly useless either re-directing me to other plugins or mis-directing me with information that was simply wrong. The GravityForms integration is so poorly conceived as to be useless for my needs, and Support cannot provide any developer-level assistance at all. I've tried everything to get through to them - even contacting the CEO via LinkedIn - with no success. I'm now on the verge of demanding they cancel my license and refund the fee.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Rose R.
Company size: Self Employed

Very grateful to rep , who has delivered exceptional support, by far the best help desk service!

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

Overall quality of finished workshops is superb, and students express enthusiasm. Originally my designer warned me, "This system is hard to learn, but you'll be pleased with the results. That's true.

I do want to give a shout-out to the support team. Rep has given me exceptional tech support, and I can't imagine a more helpful, knowledgeable, kindly guide to the mysteries and complications of LearnDash.

Pros

The finished product. My workshops have exactly the components I wish: As many lessons per course as I wish, installing video and audio recordings, quizzes, and forums.

Once I learned how to use the software, it leads to a superb product.

Cons

Over-designed! On the whole, from my perspective, LearnDash is difficult to learn; an upgrade has resulted in far too many choices. For example, used to be that I could easily upload a FILL IN THE BLANKS quiz. Learning the new method, with upgrade, was far more difficult. Each question takes about 6 extra steps, compared to one step previously. As an educator, I do find it offensive that it's supposed to be desirable to copy quiz parts and, apparently, crank out as many quizzes as possible. Why not make that a plug-in, rather than standard operating procedure for those of us who create quality workshops and prefer to not over-complicate.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Luis A.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Fantastic Front End Design

Reviewed on 5/06/2019

We have a small CellPhone repair shop in Anaheim, CA.

But over the years technicians around the world have been watching our youtube channel, to the point that now we teach MicroSoldering online to all our students.

LearnDash is helping us with the heavy lifting of putting it together and presenting all the materials to our students on a secuencial matter, pretty awasome piece of software.

Pros

Easy to setup, able to re-use different lessons for different courses.
Good constant flow of information and ideas trough their blog.
Fast customer support response.

Cons

Not able to create the lessons titles inside the course creation.

In my case, I use (Course-Modules-Lessons), I can create the Modules inside the course creation, but the lessons I have to go to lessons and create them outside. (Not a mayor hassle) but would it be very convinient to be able to create them inside the course, only the titles that is.

Also, not being able to 'Clone' an existing course with it's modules, lessons and quizes, but with a bit or looking I was able to find a couple of plugins that did the trick.

Margi C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Outstanding customer support

Reviewed on 3/12/2020

Super awesome and friendly customer service. They talk with me in normal language so I can understand and they really try to get to the heart of the issue.

Pros

I'm not the developer of my site but I do make all of the changes, etc. So when my students were purchasing classes but the classes weren't getting onto their dashboard immediately - I contacted LearnDash and they helped immediately. What a relief!

Cons

Because the developer I used was the one to implement the software, I wish I could say more here. However, I don't have anything to share here because I use it to load classes etc. but that is all. And customer service helps me when I need it. I also realize I need to learn more to take care of a few issues but I don't feel that is a LearnDash concern.

Christina J.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Love the support

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Untill now I am satisfied

Pros

Customer service is very impotent for me, that I don't feel stupid when I ask all my questions and I am very satisfied the the help I got from support so far, I think I have got fast help even with the time difference.

I have a lot to learn about LearnDash, but it seams easy to navigate in. I am not an expert but I manage.

Cons

I just think that the dokumentation is a bit outdated, it could be better. But again did support help me.

Excellent LMS

Reviewed on 29/12/2019

This product covers all the basics needed for an organization who has basic learning needs (e.g. tracking for compliance/basic on-boarding and product information).

Pros

This is one of the easiest LMS's to implement if you have someone in your team who knows how to use WordPress.

Cons

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles like a Moodle LMS but has all the fundamentals to give your workers an online space to learn on.

Terje B.
Industry: Utilities

Just works

Reviewed on 3/07/2019

We are running online courses for professionals, slowly going from 100% classroom based to close to 90% online. Some lab-work must still be done on-site.

Pros

Having used other educational software earlier where you have to adapt what you want to do to how the software lets you do it, it is both refreshing and extremely rewarding to use a learning platform that tailors to you need, instead of the other way around.

Also, the support is excellent!

Cons

It can be fiddly to set up a system built on open source where different plugins and software has to be 100 % compatible.

Rhondalynn K.
Industry: Management Consulting

Overall good software

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

Pros

This package is extremely easy to set up and use. Lots of really great features. However, I would recommend getting help if you need to set up buckets and templates.

Cons

I found creating and managing the quizzes not very intuitive. Also, no matter what I do, I cannot get the software to push out notifications when students have completed homework. I need to check it daily which is not ideal because it means I have to do a lot of digging to find what is outstanding.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Brad B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

We created a training website for our client base with LearnDash

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

Considering that to get a site built for us it would cost $5,000 annual and we built it ourselves for less that $1,000 and $500 annually.

Pros

After watching a quick Youtube video on how to create a Learning Management Site. After that it was pretty simplistic to get started. It worked well and we were able to set up our courses, lessons, and quizzes. Everything was easy to connect and create a good flow for each product and lesson we were wanting to cover.

Cons

Some of the notification features didn't really work and we had to get additional plugins to complete the type of automation we were looking for.

Michael T.
Company size: Self Employed

Using LearnDash has given me a life I love.

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

LearnDash has allowed me to travel the world while living the laptop lifestyle.

Pros

I love the product as it does just what I need and the support if great.

Cons

Years ago it was missing some features, but the team is constantly adding features and upgrades.

Sean H.
Industry: Sports

Smart Tool, Great Support

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

I teach martial arts and fencing, and my need to get courses online was accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic. I decided on LearnDash after looking at a bunch of options; the two deciding factors were the LearndDash site that previewed the plugin using the plugin- you could see right away what it could do because you were doing it. Also, they had a useful blog post aimed at martial arts and dance teachers suddenly forced to teach online.

Pros

Organizing course materials is easy and intuitive, plus the documentation is very thorough. There are comprehensive support links inside the plugin, complete with video instructions. They also have a series of very useful blog posts discussing use cases, challenges and pitfalls, and stragtegies to take. Integrates well with several other plugins (membership, payments, etc). Friendly support!

Cons

Honestly, I have no complaints. The only limitations are those imposed by the Wordpress engine itself, whose UI is a little clunky.

Antonella R.
Industry: Education Management

Great software

Reviewed on 3/12/2020

We were able to easily create lots of self assessment tests for students who wish to undertake the admission exam to Scuola Normale Superiore and want to check their skills on the ancient Greek and Roman world.

Pros

Ease of use, I was able to move lots of quizzes from another platform quite easily. Great support is a big plus. They are professional and kind and give useful answers and also lots of useful hints.

Cons

I'd like a type of quiz where you can put, for example, names on the right place on maps like hot spot quizzes

Giuseppe C.
Industry: Education Management

LearnDash for videcourse

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

Pros

perfectly structuring online courses; many functionalities support creation of online trainings; integration with woocommerce; easiness of course creation with builder

Cons

actually nothgin really - all is as I need for my online business

Peggy K.

Great support

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Once I figured it out, publishing my courses became a quick, simple process. There are also a lot of tutorials that are quite helpful when they address the issue I'm searching for.

Pros

It does the job nicely without an overload of bells and whistles. One of the main things I appreciate is the great tech support they give and have given since I've been using this software several years ago.

Cons

As long as they keep helping me when I have issues, I'm very happy with it.

Irma N.

Good choice!

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

Learndash has a lot of posiblities, I am only using a few of them because I like simplicity.
In combination with Wordpress Divi I can build the course I like and give it my very own identity.

Pros

Next box

Cons

Next box

James M.
Industry: Photography

Love this plugin

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

It gives me exactly what I need

Pros

It has a ton of features, works seamlessly with other plugins, and works very well.

Cons

There is nothing that I did not like about this software

Willjan T.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great product and super great support!

Reviewed on 13/05/2020

It was very easy to implement and what I really liked is how supportive they are. Their support helped me a lot.

Pros

It is really easy to make courses and add lessons. Also they offer multiple add-ons which improves and adds functionalities. Easy to easy with multiple visual builders.

Cons

Actually nothing specific. I just like the software.

Josh S.

Very useful

Reviewed on 10/01/2020

If you want to turn your thoughts into a course you can sell this is the one for you. It's affordable and easy to set up.

Pros

Create your own course and charge for it. Easy to use course builder.

Cons

I have not experienced any problems yet.

Don M.

A great e-learning course Creator

Reviewed on 3/08/2020

All-in-all I’m happy with LearnDash. With only a few additions I think it will be unbeatable!

Pros

The plugin does the job that’s needed. You can build your e-learning courses with content and quizzes fairly simply. It works quick easily, and is pretty straightforward.

Cons

I would like to see more customization options without having to purchase and utilize 3rd party plugins for additional design/features. Some of these options should be built into the plugin.
-additionally I’d love to see default settings for new quizzes and questions to be more easily to streamline the creation workflow.

Aksa V.
Industry: Internet

Easy to use and manage

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 16/01/2020

Good Software, easy to use even for beginners

Pros

We made a in-house LMS website with Learndash as the core. Its really easy to setup and use. The support team is very helpful. Although we tried most of all LMSes available in market which includes Learnpress, Sensei etc, I found Learndash much easier. Easy documentations too.

Cons

Certificate creation is kind of old school.

Yaniv W.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: Self Employed

Great product and even greater support

Reviewed on 15/11/2020

Pros

LearnDash is full of great features, most of which are a must when setting up an online course website. Their support is amazing - the solutions given are precise and thorough.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve to set up the LMS and configure all the features, but this is insignificant because they have a thorough tutorial on just about any aspect of the plugin.

It would be great if they can release a tutorial on working with AWS for hosting the videos, including setting up security policies for access.

Erik B.
Industry: Import & Export

Great LMS for multi language

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Great product and helpfull support.

Pros

The ability to change and tweek all settings

Cons

None, works great for us. Would recommend Learndash!

Bill D.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Excellent software!

Reviewed on 1/11/2020

We needed to create online courses, something we were completely new to - did a bit of googling, Learndash emerged as a highly recommended and well supported option, so we went for it and haven't found anything we don't like about it so far! Works superbly on the wordpress platform and has been super easy to use.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive to use, and really good tech support

Cons

Haven't found any problems with it yet.

Morten M.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Amazing value for money

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

Pros

It seems enormously well built and though through

Cons

It is still a bit constrained by the Wordpress interface but that is a small price to pay for how easy it is to setup a complete and affordable e-learning platform integrated in a webshop

Jefferson L.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Good features and value

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 3/12/2020

Pros

Lots of features that could be implemented individually in order to create a solution to fit our needs. Very cost effective. Robust API.

Cons

Integration was a bit difficult and trick in some cases. API had a lot of documentation, but was difficult to search and use.