ScreenPal

Write a Review!
Capture, create and share with ScreenPal!

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.1/5

Heidi
Heidi

Amped up screen recorder that is still easy to use.

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

I have used many tools from simple to complex and this tool has all I need, when I need it.

Pros

Screencast-O-Matic has been a welcome addition to my weekly online learning tools. It can be used for giving anyone a direct link to video directions you create to weekly lesson plan coverage. All videos can be edited from items ranging to adding music to blurring out unwanted images on the video. This comes in handy as a staff leader for creating "How-to" videos for our staff. It also is easily integrated with most learning management systems like Schoology and Google classroom for example.

Cons

There are many tools to choose from when editing, which can take a bit to use, but most are not needed, but can be useful when needed.

Kazumi

Great screen recorder!

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

I use it to screen record my teaching videos. I love the ease of it and it didn’t take me long to learn how to use it. You can save or upload an unlimited amount of videos, which is generous, especially for people who need to keep lots of videos.

Pros

The Zoom integration is very handy since I share videos with my students. You can edit Zoom recordings inside the Screencast-o-matic editor if you would like and upload it to the platform. I can set the expiration date for each video when I share with my students. Once you set it, you can forget about it, which is so convenient. When large sized videos are uploaded, the file size will automatically become smaller. It is good because I want Zoom recordings to be smaller in size. You can also hide your published date when you don’t want to share it with people.I also like the Screencast-o-matic editing software. I’m amazed how much you can do with it. If you have a green screen, you can easily remove the green background and add a different one. I was able to remove the green background nicely, so my lecture recordings look professional with my slides as my background. The subscription is not so expensive. I think it is a great deal when you purchase it at the end of November when the sale is going on.

Cons

When you want to keep videos that have high definition quality on the platform , I’m not sure how to do that. Video file size will be shrunk each time I try. I haven’t found how to do that yet.

Ron

Screen pal feedback

Reviewed on 6/12/2023

Still getting to know the features just started using it again for the last 3 months but I have been paying for this since September of 2018 so just over 5 years

Pros

The features that are available are nice I still need to learn how to use them.

Cons

When uploading a video the resolution is mid quality. When I upload a video with look the quality is much better but that’s free. I pay a yearly fee to you guys…

Raymond
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

I prepare Power point slides and use the product to make videos of the slides, and add voice overs, and music to produce a range of advertisements.I also use the product to produce backing tracks for musicians, by utilizing the "Big Lyrics" feature in Band in a Box, and turn the tracks into videos showing the chord progressions and lyrics. At rge same time the program audio captures the backing music I have produced making a perfect backing track complete with audio, lyrics and chords that display at the correct time and right sequence

Pros

Its easy to use, and the resulting quality is of a good standard.

Cons

I can not think of any extras that I would want to utilize at this time

Craig

Great price for more than I need

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

I've had a great time working with ScreenPal over the past couple of years. I have other software that can screen-capture, but this one is pretty lightweight - fires up quickly and doesn't bog my system down when using it. It does its job well, and includes extra features within the same price point that makes it a great tool in my arsenal.

Pros

The price point is great for what I use/need from ScreenPal. I really just needed screen/video capture for explainers/"how to" videos, and have been really satisfied with that. Over time, I've dug into the other features (like "building"/"storyboarding" videos, recording narration first and stepping through the video capture, etc. These are more than I needed, but included in the price it makes this product a real bargain.

Cons

I personally have a hard time getting the drawing features to work properly for me. Not that they *don't* work, but don't seem intuitive or easy to initiate while I'm screen-capturing.

Mike
  • Industry: Law Enforcement
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

ScrrenPal's takeover of Screen-o-Matic provides promise, but still hasn't delivered.

Reviewed on 10/08/2023

I'm only able to produce low to mid-level content doe to its klunky operation.

I'm only able to produce low to mid-level content doe to its klunky operation.

Pros

Web-based tools that help me produce learning content. The price is not ridiculous.

Cons

It is not user-friendly. Too many functions require me to look up a web link to access that function. It doesn't have its own connections to its own features. When a feature is upgraded, there is barely any information about it. There needs to be a robust and friendly Knowlege Base for all features and integrations.

Response from ScreenPal

Hi Mike! Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Knowing how we can improve the experience for you and other ScreenPal users is really helpful. We'd love to learn more about how we can improve - if you would be open to sharing more feedback, please reach out to us at [email protected]. Thanks!

Steven
  • Industry: Investment Management

Afford Fortune

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

I love Screen Pal, since the day I started using its services as from 2012. Video editing made easy with Screen Pals great product, helped me add daily video to my You Tube channel. Screen Pal is one awesome Video Editing platform.

Pros

Easy to use, with plenty of tools for making creative videos

Cons

And option to rotate the whole screen and perhaps a tool to be able to download existing videos from You Tube.

Tom
Tom
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Screen Pal is my best tool

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

Great as I have been trying to learn some of the high dollar apps for editing and creating videos they are just so deep for a new user this is the very best ..

Pros

Just plain easy to use even and old fart like myself can figure it out

Cons

Have not found anything bad and there are still tools I have not yet tested

Nancy

Favourite Screenrecoder

Reviewed on 26/12/2021

Overall a robust value for money tool I use for video recording and screenwalkthroughs

Pros

I'v tried a few options, like Loom, Camtasia, SnagIt but eventuially settled for Screencastomatic because of the ease of use and short learning curve

Cons

It would be perfect if it had an optimised Greenscreen option. The current one doesn't work.

Neel Kamal
Neel Kamal
  • Industry: Graphic Design

My go to screen recording software

Reviewed on 6/11/2021

I'm quite satisfied with the software and it does the job of screen recording very well.

Pros

The intuitive and minimal interface is very good for creating good quality screen recordings with it. It also offers royalty free music and stock images and videos to juice up your productions.

Cons

The editing capabilities are limited. A multi track or multilayer editor will be much helpful.

Camtasia

Reasons for Switching to ScreenPal

Due to lower cost.

Screencast-O-Matic review by amateur QA

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Very satisfied, hope to see more from Screencast-O-Matic in the future and that it will get more tools for editing, so I can further enhance my recordings.

Pros

Screencast-O-Matic is good Software, with whose use I was able to quickly record and edit some ( mainly ) short videos of encountered issues on Web Sites for one QA platform. Editing was very fair, nice, easy and fast as well and I was able to provide videos of high quality for my employer, who was very satisfied with the end result. I do hope that makers of this Software will continue their good work and even further upgrade it with some new options ( for further editing for instance ).

Cons

At the moment i do not have any negative thoughts about this product, as it was very good for my daily use and has provided me with the best result imaginable in that area of work.

Eduardo

My review of ScreenPal

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

It is very good. I started using the product many years ago (when it was Screencastomatic and have not left since.

Pros

E-learning: The ease with which I can create videos to train colleagues, present e-learning courses, provide useful guidance, introduce material, and the like.
Personal: The ease with which I can create family videos uploading video files and / or photos.
Adding music: I like the music offered by Screenpal.

Cons

I have not come across something I do not like.

Stephen

Disappointing

Reviewed on 3/04/2023

Terrible.

Terrible.

Pros

The application is very buggy and crashes all my pcs.

Cons

I was a user of Screencastomatic (the previous Brand) for 6 years. see below what they wrote next to my profile "You have been a member for 2244 days and have 810 videos and 0 images! Whoa!"In 6 years, Screencastomatic was very reliable. It never caused any issue on any of my computer.Recently they changed the name to Screenpal.Since then, the app keeps crashing my PCs. The app is unusable. It says that I failed to download the latest version but Nothing on my end seems to indicate that.Whomever bought the company screwed it up very fast.All they needed to do was to leave it alone. This is really a case of: If it ain't broke don't fix it.I am curretly looking for another solution.

Vatsala
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A solid platform that delivers

Reviewed on 7/12/2023

I have been with ScreenPal when it was still known as Screencast-o-Matic and made my first videos with them using the free version. I loved the experience so much that I took on a paid subscription. It's been over a decade of using ScreenPal and they are my trusted tech for video creation and editing.

Pros

Ease of recording and editing. New features added with creator in mind.

Cons

No cons so far. This is a progressive company that cares for its customers.

Shiela May

Best and Easy Screencasting

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

I have been using the upgraded plan for more than 2 years, and I am still satisfied up to now.

Pros

The app is very easy to learn.I do record my lessons and sometimes I get fillers. But with screencast, it would just be a cut edit and then I can proceed without redoing everything. I also use it to record my entire class for documentation.

Cons

There were just a few times when I screenrecord videos and it suddenly lags, so I had to redo the recording, or to just record the video and instert it to the previous one.

Antonio

A great tool

Reviewed on 7/12/2023

I have tried several tools and this is the best considering price, features and ease of use.

Pros

The learning curve is short, intuitive product with many features.

Cons

Sometimes when I upload content to YouTube, the video recording is not of good quality.

Suzanne

Video Editing made Easy!

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Excellent customer service and helped me so efficiently with a pricing query.

Excellent customer service and helped me so efficiently with a pricing query.

Pros

They’ve thought about all the features you might require to create great videos. Having the ability to add in music background and high quality photos is great for my content as a yoga teacher.

Cons

I’ve created my own in PowerPoint but I’d love to see Cue Card availability. When I first started using this I got very confused about the uploading video facility so I’d recommend you watch the very helpful tutorials or you record directly into the system.

Purvi

One of the best apps for screen recording and capturing the screenshots

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

Pros

Very easy to install the app and capture videos and screenshots. It allows to edit the videos and provide shareable link. As a QA engineer, I can easily record the videos of the bugs and issues and share it with developers and team members.

Cons

Can be improved further for storing the recordings.

Monica
  • Used for 1+ year

My Screencast-O-Matic Review

Reviewed on 7/05/2021

Overall I really like Screencast-O-Matic! It's free, but you can do a lot with a 15 minute video. If you need more time, you can do multiple videos or upgrade.

Pros

I really like Screencast-O-Matic because it's super easy to record either yourself or what you're doing on the computer, either with you being in the video or not. They have a free version, which is great!

Cons

I don't like the 15 minute limit they put on the videos for free users. Also their brand shows in your video if you're using it for free.

Christopher
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great for real-time tutorials and cleaning up recorded presentations

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

Pros

I like the variety of available filters. You can add additional text, highlight particular areas on the screen, emphasize different types of mouse actions, and obfuscate confidential information. It's also easy to splice together different cuts of video. A very powerful and helpful piece of software.

Cons

The time-slider (to move to different points in the video) can be very touchy. Also, you have to be very mindful about how you layer your effects. If you're not very careful, you can miss frames when you think you've setup two different effects to stack and instead of a seamless transition, it becomes incredibly obvious. If there was a better way to work with individual frames, that would also help a lot but alas, I don't think there is one.

Ani
Ani

Piece of Cake

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

Love it and would highly recommend it.

Love it and would highly recommend it.

Pros

Besides being very affordable, it's easy to use and has great functionality.

Cons

Wish I could insert a video without loosing a part of existing video

Marco
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great tool for Education and Training

Reviewed on 28/02/2024

very good. I have made a lot of work with this tool , and I can use my time in more efficent way

Pros

Ease of use in screen recording. Editing functions are very useful

Cons

Sometimes on long recording the screen freeze up . I don't know if it is a Screenpal problem or a problem of my PC

Pamela
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

EXCELLENT Screen recorder and Video Editor

Reviewed on 3/06/2021

Screencast-O-Matic is an EXCELLENT product. It has all the tools of an expensive video editor for a fraction of the cost. The training videos are also very helpful and well made.

Pros

Screencast-O-Matic is very versitle and can do a lot for a very reasonable price. I use it for screen capture software demonstrations.

Cons

Sometimes I get confused with the separate screen for the Video Library. I would like to see improved navigation from that to the recording screen.

• Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Used for 6-12 months

Great tool for screen recording and video editing

Reviewed on 28/03/2021

I am very much satisfied with this software. it is user-friendly software with a cheap price plan.

Pros

The tool is OK from all aspects. It's always very easy to edit videos and make screen recordings by using this tool.

Cons

navigation of the screen menu is a little bit difficult to navigate.

Jeff

Mr. Tarkowski School Counselor

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

I have enjoyed using your product to help educate my students

I have enjoyed using your product to help educate my students

Pros

It is easy to use and tough to screw up downloading my recording

Cons

Trouble not downloading to my Google docs.