KidKare

Childcare platform for home providers and daycare centers

4.7 /5 (509 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.6
Cheryl W.

Love being able to record my childcare meals online

Reviewed on 2/01/2019

I love my experience as far as my child care business goes. I have not used the accounting software but I am considering signing up for that.
As I stated, the customer service side is the only downfall so far. I haven't had to use the customer service for a while so I hope it has improved.

Pros

I love the ease and availability on different devices to record my meals and attendance.

Cons

Customer service is very slow when you do need help...it takes days and sometimes weeks to get no answer most times. Very frustrating to say the least.

Melissa H.

Disappointing, abysmal performance

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

electronic reporting to CACFP

Pros

Web based application you can access from any device, simple data entry Nothing else to say good about this product, however, there aren't enough characters in the con category

Cons

Providers were forced to switch to this new program no later than October 2017. Once switched you quickly find that multiple features we had access to in Minute Menu were no longer available. On top of that, not all the reports work correctly, payments are not processing on time, not all invoices generate appropriately, parents have been double invoiced, parents were sent invoices from providers in other states with other children's names, child care rate, the providers name, address, and EIN number. There's also been instances of data being dropped out of the program that had been previously saved by the provider. The customer service is best described as non existent. It may take MONTHS for them to respond to a help ticket, that is if they respond at all. You will also find that your help tickets will get "closed" with zero communication and without the issue being resolved. We have been assured that the issues would get better, but in fact, the issues seem to be coming more and more regularly. This company absolutely does not provide what they promised or what we are paying for. IF you choose to use this program you will find yourself spending extra time re-entering information you've already input, calming parents down about double bills, and most likely experience getting your money late on a regular basis. There are other programs out there, I would suggest you find them because you will find nothing but frustration with KidKare.

Natalie E.

Couldn't run my business without it!

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

My overall experience with KidKare has been positive. I have been using Minute Menu/KidKare since 2013 when I opened my daycare and I couldn't imagine doing everything without it.

Pros

I use every part of this software except the food program because I do not provide food for my daycare. The check in and check out part is perfect for my everyday needs, auto generating invoices weekly is the best and takes a lot of work off my plate and keeping track of my expenses and mileage throughout the year makes my tax season that much easier.

Cons

I would like to see the software be made into an app as I use my smart phone to do daily check in and check outs. I have to continuously sign into the webpage as it kicks me out after a certain amount of time.

Margaret F.

A-1 child care home accounting program

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Great.

Pros

I like the ease of entering my expenses as well as all of my income. At the end of the year, I simply print the various reports for my tax man. I also print professional W-10s for the parents showing the income which they paid me.The computer program does the various calculations for me! This saves me time and effort, and hopefully money when it comes to our taxes.

Cons

There is a learning curve to best utilizing the program. Most is intuitive, but some is not. I did have a problem with the program entering AM when I was entering PM for a departure time. Hopefully we have that resolved now.

Sheila B.

KidKare

Reviewed on 3/01/2019

It is very easy to keep track of all meals served. It is helpful in keeping a count of days that kids come and the meals they are served. The reports allow you to see a child's attendance at a single glance.

Pros

It is not a cluttered program. Not too many items on each window. Easy to see what you are looking for.
Very easy to put in meals and attendance.

Cons

You have to use military time for PM or put pm after each entry. Ok as I know military time. Not so good for others.
Also in the infant menu you have to click twice to put in food name or number. In the non infant portion, the pointer goes straight to the line to put in food name/number.

It is not possible to go straight back and forth between meals served and child's in/out time. This would be nice to check to see if you put a child in or forgot. Not too big a deal but you do have to go out to a different window and then back again to the previous page you were using

Peggy C.

kidKare for home daycare

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

keeps reports on time. Easy access to kids records Easy select and click on foods, just love the drop down food list provided.

Pros

reminders that it has makes it so fail proof. if I have a question the help section has always helped me find an answer quickly. best feature a tap of the button and your monthly report is at your sponsors no more papers, postage worries and wondering if it made it there in time for payment.

Cons

still looking for that one. really only thing i could suggest is a notification if a child's enrollment is about to expire so we would be sure to get renewals in on time,

Jennifer J.

Kids menu easy option!

Reviewed on 14/09/2019

It’s a saving time for me because I plan ahead my menus, saved and I just have to include who is present or no! It is a great tool to have.

Pros

I love that it is very convenient to use and you can use anytime and anywhere! It is a better option for providers to do their menu with more time ahead and we don’t have to deal with papers no more !

Cons

There are few things that I like them to improve. First how you can go back and edit on the menus assistants in children, and how to add the numbers on each child.

Rose C.

Feelings

Reviewed on 3/01/2019

it has been breeze for keep records on children and food program

Pros

It has been so easy to use! The only thing that has been a challenge for me is posting the food of the plan menu for the week. I will have a day almost posted and hit to stroll down and I end up deleting what I have done. It would be so helpful if you had to hit to DELETE to delete your work!

Cons

using the month menu planning form I have to much to do to sit here and write you fourty work it is simpl I like or I do not

Sharon B.

Efficient and Easy to use

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

It has been a great thing to be able to get a check each month to offset the food costs involved in a home childcare setting. I feel I can afford to purchase higher quality foods knowing that I have the extra money to cover the cost.

Pros

I like the ease of navigating the KidKare site. I really like to be able to view and run several of the reports available and print some of them off for ease of record keeping. Kudos to the software writers of KidKare!

Cons

I really can't think of anything I do not like about this software.

Hattie U.

easy to keep track

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

My overall experience is that how well it keep track and I can go back at anytime and check on something. I started using this program when it was first introduced to my food program and I love recording on paper sucks,

Pros

How easy it to select the proper foods and i like that unless I put the required foods in for a certain meal the system will let me know and I won't be able to continue until I do.

Cons

At this time I can't think of one thing that I least like.

Zina W.

Daycare Lady

Reviewed on 8/12/2018

It has made keeping up with my meal count so much easier. Keeping up with my payments from parents and billing so much easier as well I am not able to track my income better

Pros

The ease of use, I am able to track my In Roman much easier so that when children leave and it is time to file taxes I can get the pair's information to them much quicker with a lot less work

Cons

In the beginning it timed out often......but it works great now

Danielle W.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

KidKare Is Worth It

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

My overall experience is good, I have been using kidkare for @ years now and it makes logging food and printing reports so much easier. It is easier to renew children or add new children.

Pros

I like the fact that I can log my whole day from my phone. It is nice if you forget to log during the day, you have the ability to log at any time.

Cons

every once in a while it takes a long time to long on or boots you off for no apparent reason.

Brenda W.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Love this program.

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Overall my experience has been a positive one.

Pros

I love that I can access this program from any device. It's mostly simple to use. There are more features that I have not accessed yet but the portion I do use helps to eliminate having to deal with more paper.

Cons

Re-enrolling children is a challenge. I end printing out old enrollment forms and changing the dates.

Melissa G.

Home Daycare review

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

I have been using kidKare for over 10 yrs and have no problems. All the employees have been very supportive. I have never had any payment issues although I think we should have a pay increase but this is not KidKare’s control.

Pros

I use this software right on my phone and it’s very easy to use. I sign in every morning makes it easy not to forget.

Cons

There really isn’t anything that needs improving I find it really easy.

Pamela T.

How KIdKare has helped me as a Provider

Reviewed on 4/01/2019

I use the software to help with the attendance of my children ,and also to keep up with my daily count of meals and attendance of each child that is enrolled at the center. This software offers so much to providers to help with meal count, attendance sheets, and so much more, it helps me to get a lot more accomplished that I could usually do, if I had to complete everything manually. KidKare has been a great experience for me and I wouldn't consider any other software for completing my meal count.

Pros

This is the best software that I've used since I have been a childcare provider, what I like most about this software, is the fact that it saves me a lot of time and paperwork.

Cons

There was nothing that I didn't like about using this software.

Tamara M.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

What a time saver

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Pros

KidKare has cut the time spent entering our childcare's daily food count. Love all the features and the fact it works on any device.

Cons

This may only be on my phone, but it is frustrating that everytime I click on a food category my keyboard pops up; blocking the list. So, I have to close the keyboard out before I can select a food item.

Jeanie K.

awesome program

Reviewed on 8/12/2018

it is less stress at tax time

Pros

easy to navigate and can usually figure it out as im not a computer expert

Cons

there are a few differences from minute menu program would love to see all those same features added to this program then you have it
at the moment don't remember what a few of them were i know one was address book, emergency contact

Robin R.

need a little updating

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Overall I like the program.

Pros

I like that it keeps the credits from parents and it keeps the menus that I use for the kids.

Cons

I wish it would roll over if a parent owes anything. Sometimes I have a parent that owes $150 and can only pay $140 so I tell them to pay me the rest next week and then I wish the next weeks invoice would say $160 owing.
Also I wish there were other foods on the food program part. There are so many different foods out there that are not on there.

Jan R.

KidKare review

Reviewed on 26/12/2018

it's nice to have everything in one place.

Pros

It's easy to use. That is what I liked best. It is easy to use.

Cons

It would be nice if on the babies you could do a menu when you have several that are in the same age group. It get tiring when there are a bunch of babies and you have to enter each one individually

Zarinah T.

Works great for me!

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Pros

It's easy to use. I love that I can use it on my cell phone, not just on my computer. I especially like that if I forget to check in a child in but try to enter them in for a meal, the system allows you to sign them in without returning to the check in/out page. I also like that you can copy a menu which saves a lot of time.

Cons

Sometimes I have trouble getting into the system and may have to wait until later in the day to get in.

Kathy P.

satisfied

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Ive had a great experience using kidcare...I can keep track of menus and attendance way better than paper ...i am better organized and can get my stuff in quickly thank you!!

Pros

Its very easy to navigate and log in is fast

Cons

I would like to make a copy of calendars with child attendanceand i cannot do it on this program

Sonna M.

Great for record keeping

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

Pros

Easy tax prep. My tax preperor loves the forms that I print off with my tax info on them. I recommend this program!

Cons

Not user friendly. Just to put a child's picture with their profile took me a while to figure out. It took a parent a while on their side of the program as well.

Lavonne B.

ACCOUNTING

Reviewed on 8/12/2018

Business record keeping is one of the main reasons I use this software, its accurate/records for filing at the end of the year.

Pros

The accounting area for Business purposes

Cons

Learning step by step how to get the best use from kidkare more visual videos to watch teaching more in the accounting area.

Jared H.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Awesome tool for childcare companies!

Reviewed on 14/03/2019

I love the tool, and really feel that it is a great way to manage my childcare company

Pros

So many features: billing, check-in/out, daily reports, family records, menu planning, and so much more

Cons

Maybe implement a way to blast texts to parents?

Julie L.

Satisfied user

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

I have used it for over 2 years and I like the program and to me its easy!

Pros

I guess I really like the program because I find it easy to use and they have a help menu if needed.

Cons

I would like to pay my accounting fee once yearly instead of tiny amount each month