Retail Stock Control
Easy to use
Strong Inventory Features with eCommerce and Shipping Adapters
Our experience working with Datapel has been absolutely first class, We have been working with them for over 10 years, they continue to add value every year.
The Datapel WMS has a really simple to use interface. It handle all our warehouse pick pack and scanning needs with ease. The ability for us to plug in our web stores and mobile sales systems has been fantastic, now we can automate our entire process from order to printing of shipping labels.
In reality there is not much at all that we don't like about Datapel WMS
Its such a comprehensive WMS and dose its job so well that its the only piece of software that we haven't changed in the last 2 years of our cloud first digital transformation of the business.
The software is really easy to use and navigate. It has lots of places to retain detail on everything. It is an all in once solution.
The only down side is that while invoices and purchases are sent to accounting software it locks other users from ordering, picking and packing. The process is slow but we also realise that there will be room for improvement once we switch to online versions.
Easy inventory system to use
Initially we had no inventory management and this software is great for that
Product is user friendly, has great reporting capabilities and inventory management is spot on.
General complaint from my team is the system can be slow. Better CRM integration or capabilities, less reliant on accounting systems for data.
Serial Number recording
Easy to use Software
Datapel WMS Review
It has given us the ability to integrate MYOB with a Warehouse Management System.
- Easy to use once you understand the system
- It gives us the ability to integrate MYOB with a Warehouse Management System.
- Integration between cloud based and server based applications.
- Unable to have multiple windows open at the same time. Specifically we are unable to access important information such as customer reports, item list and New Sales Order at the same time.
- Stock transfers are convoluted, and we are only able to do 1 item at a time.
- Special pricing doesn't show the profit margin per line.
- When confirming sales or purchases there should be an option to email reports. It would be handy if there was a script to open the email program, not just composing an email that sit in the outbox until the email program is manually opened.
- It would be great if there was more specific information on customers. i.e list of lines a customer purchases with the last time they ordered them, last purchase price and product margin; customer gp for the last 3 months
- Would be good if it had an integrated email client
We find response to our queries is extremely slow. Queries get passed from one person to another and requires constant follow-up by us to resolve any issues.
Easy to raise POs and sales orders. Accurate tracking of inventory
Reporting options could be better
Very limited features for recording information although we do have an earlier version of Datapel so maybe it has improved
Response from datapel
Thanks for your review - you are correct - the version you are on is a little old and we are not able to help customers using versions of our system connecting to unsupported Accounting Software - which have been out of cycle for a few years now.
We have put through a few requests for your system to be upgraded - but will try contact your team again ASAP to see if we can connect with the right person to get you on the latest and greatest WMS edition.
We will be in touch soon...
The ease of Order tracking from start to finish can help advise internal operations of the progress of each order as well as the ability to give customers updates on their order.
The integration with accounting software is seamless which saves time on uploading data.
New online software can be slower than the desktop version.
Support assistance can sometimes be a difficult process and can be lengthy at times.
Datapel WMS Solution for complex Retail Business
Stock visibility was our biggest challenge. We are still learning and our business is quite complex. WMS has enabled us a level of visibility that we have never had before.
The ability for the business using WMS to be able to track every piece of stock across multiple sites as well as track both agency and retail quotations and orders. WMS is a solution that saved the organisation from spending a six figure sum for a custom package. It also integrates into our current financial systems as has room to grow as the business grows.
There is really nothing I can think of that is missing. Our experience so far has allowed us to add customised features as needed to suit our needs.
Great support from implementation to ad hoc assitance required
It is easy to use. When we faced problem occasionally, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
from Seasoft is very quick to attend to our needs. Therefore, we faced very little downtime.
1) For some transactions, there are discrepancies in the tax amount when they are replicated to MYOB.
2) Sales Reconciliation has to be performed daily to identify the above discrepancies to correct them in MYOB, but the Sales Reconciliation Report "MYOB Invoices NOT reconciled with WMS Sales" takes a long time to complete even when it is just for 1 day sales.
3) Under Stock Adjustment, after the list of items is selected and the quantities and batch numbers have been keyed in, at this point if you want to add another item, you will have to go back to the selection list but in doing so, all the quantities and batch numbers previously entered will be gone.
4) Credit Note: After credit note has been created under "Return Status" before entry of batch number, if you realised that there errors and you want to make any amendments at all, even in just a description like reference number, the area under discount will have strange percentage appearing, even though the total value is correct.
Datapel WMS - Great Software
Excellent, great software, great support, great staff
The ease of use, great functions for any stock control with loads of modification for all your needs.
Some minor tweaks needed after latest upgrade but were addressed and fixed straight away by Datapel Support Team.
The experience has been good for most parts there have been time where we have had issues but Datapel has always be able to rectify the issue
We researched all products on the market and the WMS is the best fit for a mid size company
Not much to say here as there is no other product available for the size company we are.
The implementation staff and support staff have been accessible and always there to help. WMS just works well
Work flows are easy to follow. there is some flexibility in customisation. works seamlessly with MYOB. stock locations and levels are easily monitored
some of the replication to MYOB can be a bit clunky
V12 Cloud migrations
Excellent service! I would like to take this opportunity to thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who has been very helpful throughout this migration
v12 cloud version gives us a better option to customise for our needs
the speed is average specially when you have to deal with orders with over 100 lines it is not the best
Datapel WMS Review
The remote service was originally most helpful when we could speak with people online.
Not so easy when this service was suspended and one had to wait for email response.
Integration with our business was not as easy as I had hoped. However don't believe we ever had enough training to use all of the features of the program.
The integration with myob always created inventory issues. This was because we hadn't correctly moved stock one way or another, once again probably never understanding the correct integration process.
Support of the Datapel and Myob provider on a paid basis was essential for us, and I constantly felt like we needed so much more training. This service provider was amazing.
Datapel Warehouse management System
Datapel WMS Review
Interface is quite and simple and easy to learn.
Difficult to get slight improvements with existing processes. Example in Receiving once you Drill to Source there isn't a check box to change from Ex GST to Inc GST. However this feature is available in Special Pricing in the Sales screen
Satisfaction with using Datapel is quite high
When we have had issues with the system, as soon as we log a complaint datapel is able to resolve it in a timely and efficient manner. They were always very attentive to our requests and problems. Overall WMS is a great system and have enjoyed using it
I found learning this software was quite easy and can be learnt in very short times. I use the reporting features of it and the reports are very useful for what I need to use it as I need to prepare sales reports to my team and the figures are picked up quite well. I like the drill down features on it as well as can get to many features in a couple of searches.
Integration is very good with MYOB but we have had a couple of hick ups in the last couple of years but data pel was able to resolve it very quickly when the system was not interfacing with our accounting software