Suralink

Workflow management solution for accounting firms

4.7 /5 (388 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.7
4.5
4.6
4.6
Elizabeth V.

Great product!

Reviewed on 7/02/2020

We use Suralink daily to send and track audit document requests from clients and it works seamlessly and quickly.

Pros

This product is easy to use, timely, and helps immensely in tracking information and client requests.

Cons

Often the notification summary in the website gets too overwhelming due to all the info it tracks--a different way to present the summary would be very helpful.

Julia M.

Game Changer!

Reviewed on 7/02/2020

Pros

Suralink is super easy to use and instruct clients on - literally a drag and drop system. It tracks all movements in each request, has notes to go between you and the client, and is fully encrypted. Going from the old sharefile system or email system with excel sheets to this for our PBC list has been a complete game changer!! I have clients in India, a full 12 hour difference, and this has completely changed the communication issues we've had. I can reject an item, put in a comment, and they immediately see that I have done so and correct it. I can't tell you how many clients have commented how much they love it too!

Cons

Occasionally, the software goes down, and the software relies on the internet, which can be patchy in spots. Support is always quick to get up and running as soon as possible.

Karen S.

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

Pros

The software overall has been useful for organization purposes and tracking requests better. We like that we are able to import and export our client assistance request list which makes it extremely portable and easy to revise, tailor into outstanding items lists, etc. Being able to link files to requests has been helpful because the client does not always name files that are intuitive.

Cons

1) Better onboarding for clients specifically in regards to their notifications. We often have to email our clients for them to know that information has been added/changed, etc. within Suralink. Their set-up does not seem to be intuitive.
2) Possible additional use of colors to quickly identify changes or new items to requests, particularly if those requests had been previously marked accepted. (Sometimes our clients inadvertently upload additional information to completed requests.)
3) In relation to #2, the timeline is useful but sometimes overwhelming, particularly on bigger jobs. It would be helpful if we could clear the timeline of processed items to only see new notifications. We realize you can mark them as processed, etc.; however, they still show up and that can be confusing.

Brian B.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Suralink experience

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

My overall experience has been great. The people I have talked with via the live chat support channel have been very responsive and pleasant. They are "real people" - meaning they don't express false empathy by repeating the problem a customer says in their empathetic response. It may not be "false empathy", but this is a very common mode of operation for customer support interaction. Example: I am having problems with XYZ feature. Support response: I'm sorry you are having a problem with XYZ feature... I just want to talk with a real person who is not bound by scripted responses. Suralink support has always been awesome!

Pros

This software is very customizable and can easily be adapted for any use.

Cons

There have been some features that have not functioned as well as they should. Or rather functions that have not functioned in a way that fits the feature model we use at our company, so I can't say that such features were not as intended by Suralink development. What has come of these instances is that I have passed along things like this to customer support and they have addressed the request in a very responsive manner.

Elisabeth S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Intuitive and Customizable

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

Because our product and process can be a bit complicated or hard to keep in order, Suralink is helpful to compartmentalize different aspects of the process. Marking requests as resolved or rejected is helpful to help our customers focus on the things that are most important.

Pros

Suralink is easy to learn; I haven't had any customers who are new to the software need help from me on how to navigate or upload/download documents which is a huge win!

Our product that we provide to customers is totally unique per client, so having a fully customizable interface is required. Suralink allows this to happen quickly and easily with the option of cloning specific requests or engagements, if applicable to make work more efficient.

Cons

There are a few buys as far as display that could be improved:
- Comments sometimes post or reload with huge bits of gibberish as part of the text and remain that way indefinitely as far as I can tell. The text will run off the window making the comment much less useful.
- The functionality to mark the notifications as 'read' often doesn't update so it still has the unread icon even after confirming that things have been read multiple times.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Matthew R.

Great product

Reviewed on 7/02/2020

Suralink has been a great product for our firm and we will continue to use it for the foreseeable future.

Pros

We and our clients are always on the same page with the status of open items.

Cons

The only place this product falls short is a way of communicating new or returned requests to a client on an hour by hour or minute by minute basis. When using the product in conjunction with rapid requesting and answering our client's get lost in seeing what new items are added. The "timeline" tools doesn't work well when dozens of updates are happening every hour. Would be great if there was a way for a client to see what is new since their last login, perhaps filtering by new or returned requests, new files provided, accepted requests, etc.

Marquet H.

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

Suralink has been an extremely effective tool for my team and me and has created a significant amount of efficiencies. I have had the best experience with the customer support feature as well, it easy to use and my issues are resolved within minutes most of the time.

Pros

How easy it is to use (for both my clients and my team), how organized it keeps document transfers between the client and my engagement team, the customer support feature, the ability to clone previous engagements' document request lists

Cons

I don't like not being able to move requests around within a section, once you add a request to a category it automatically goes to the bottom of that section and I can't drag it to another location within the section

Cade V.
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Amazing platform!

Reviewed on 7/02/2020

I've rarely had problems but when they occasionally arise the live support is incredibly prompt and adept and solving the issue at hand.

Pros

What's not to love? It's intuitive and easy to use and provides a central location where files can be shared securely. I love that all parties can see when requests are generated, files are uploaded or downloaded, and messages left. I've been using Suralink for five years and there is nothing I would like it to have that it doesn't have. Request a demo and you'll see the value I'm talking about in 30 seconds.

Cons

Nothing. It's the best product on the market. If your Firm isn't using it you need to get it.

Dick H.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Suralink made our job easier

Reviewed on 7/02/2020

As a secure method of attaching lots of evidence for a large number of requests, Suralink has proven easier for both our firm, and our clients to use, than other much more expensive solutions.

Pros

Being able to customize the excel template and upload a client-specific template each year. Also the search function is invaluable. We like that the reports can be made visible to a subset of the client users.

Cons

Resequencing the requests is problematic, the sort function needs work.

Colleen S.
Industry: Accounting

Great Product with slight needed improvements

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Overall a great project that is liked by both auditor and client. Only negatives are lack of notifications. When on a job for a week on a client both sides would like options of more regular updates even if that is hourly or immediate. Also ability to renumber the PBC list if items are added to make it easy to find in order.

Pros

Ease of use of the software for client and auditor.

Cons

Inability to renumber or move items around

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Stephan O.

Unrivalled convenience

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 9/02/2020

Suralink has made requesting and receiving of large data files, easy, organized, user friendly and convenient with the ability to restrict access only to specific people in the same request setup. It has made a real difference to all in the public accounting industry.

Pros

The ability to transfer and receive files too large for email, combined with the ability to limit access to specific persons. It is also super convenient that clients can drag requested files specifically to each request.

Cons

There is very little to dislike. Since we started using it, PBC requests have been a total game changer compared to prior products.

Jim B.

Suralink

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

Suralink has helped us streamline our document collection process for our audit clients. The software is easy to use for both our staff and our clients. It has greatly improved the experience of our clients.

Pros

It makes the information gathering process much easier and more organized which increases audit efficiency and reduces the burden on clients to provide requested information.

Cons

There is no option for reporting metrics. It would be nice to be able to pull some data on a department or firm-wide basis to determine how well we are using the software.

Henry P.
Industry: Accounting

Efficient and easy to use!

Reviewed on 7/02/2020

Pros

The part I like most about Suralink is its ease of access and simple-to-use functionality for both auditors and clients alike. It's really helped to simplify the PBC process and create efficiencies.

Cons

The part I like the lease about the software is the fact that, when you rollforward a request list, it does not rollforward the dates in the requests themselves. Other than that, I do not have any qualms with the software!

Jaysen D.

Reviewed on 8/02/2020

Pros

User friendly, very transparent, protection via encryption (safer than email)

Cons

Reject button is a bit aggressive for clients, consider alternative for when documents uploaded are not correct and have to be returned, not being able to open multiple suralink files at once (to compare request listings.. only way I currently know to deal with this is exporting a suralink file to PDF/excel then comparing with another request listing.

Ashley F.
Industry: Accounting

Easy to use for both the employee and client

Reviewed on 26/02/2020

I have been using suralink for almost the last 2 years now. It was the product we had when I started. I have just been brought into the suralink behind the scenes a few months ago and our rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been awesome.

Pros

I like the fact that you can have multiple clients assigned to the account. If there is more then 1 person providing documentation. I also like the fact you can assign the same contact to multiple clients.

Cons

Some clients have difficulties when first registering for their account. (i think mostly user error)
Is there a cheat sheet out there for clients that have multiple accounts?

Noah B.

Outstanding

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

The Suralink team has developed an incredible tool that works flawlessly. This tool is a game changer. If you are using excel sheets and shared folders you are living in the stone age.

Pros

Ease of use and user experience is awesome. Reliability is very high.

Cons

Nothing to note. The software has performed well for us over the past 5+ years and the team has continually improved features.

Orysya S.
Industry: Accounting

Very user friendly and intuitive

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

Pros

I like that this software is very intuitive. You are naturally able to figure out how to do many things, even if you are doing them for the first time. I like the "Help on this page" feature so you could easily research quick questions.

Cons

I don't like that in order to solve any problem we may have, small or big, it has to go through a support case. The support case usually take multiple days to resolve just because of the time lag between each response. I wish there was a direct customer service number we could call with questions.

Jordan F.
Industry: Accounting

Ease of Use is off the charts

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

Overall experience with Suralink has been great. I have been able to begin my job with less worries because Suralink was so easy to grasp.

Pros

The ease of use of this software is what I enjoy the most. The software is very intuitive and easy to follow even for first time users, as I was. The Suralink software allows for communication and transfer of documents securely in as easy of a format as there is.

Cons

The feature of Suralink that I like the lease is the DUO authentication that must be entered before logging on every time. Other apps in my organizations use allow for connect DUO authorization so it must only be entered once for all apps. Suralink requires an additional authorization to the one I must already enter.

Cecilia S.

User Friendly and Secure

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Pros

Ease of use and ability to designate access amongst client team members. Realtime updates for status are also very helpful and help to minimize emails and automate the sharing of documents. Overall it is the best solution to share documents with clients in an efficient, effective and secure way.

Cons

Have not received any negative feedback from other users or clients.

Landen T.

Auditor's Experience

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

I have had a great overall experience. I try to utilize it whenever I have a large project that I need a lot of information from clients to complete. I have found it is great for all types of engagements not just audits.

Pros

It is the easiest way to keep track of request relating to the audit and it is extremely easy for client to utilize and understand. I like how it is a secure way to exchange sensitive information. The best feature is the ability to provide the client with what was provided in prior years so they have something to reference.

Cons

I haven't had any negative experiences or see any downfalls to the software. It may be good to add a way for client's to add requests for items they expect from the firm.

Taylor B.

Great Organization ./ Secure Upload Software

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

This is a great way to show your expectation of a client and the items that you will need. It also is a great secure way to share documents along with staying organized

Pros

It is easy to use. You can customize how you would like. Helps with organization

Cons

The other side of the Suralink cannot create requests. If someone uploads a folder it just dumps it all in instead of keeping it in that one folder.

Sandeep R.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Make it gender neutral - more women use this than men

Reviewed on 7/02/2020

Pros

that it is a live PBC list, that you can see the history of uploads.

Cons

I hate that the symbol for the user/admin is a tie - why is that? the grad class for accounting is +50% women. Shouldn't this logo be a dress? or even better- can you use something gender-neutral?

Second - exporting an open item list could be used way more but it is not clean.

Benjamin K.

Suralink is awesome

Reviewed on 7/02/2020

Overall, this program has been a great addition to my firm's operational processes. It's had a huge impact on my daily work and it has helped immensely in an area of my job that has always been very tedious and filled with redundancy.

Pros

I love that this software allows for two-way communication between an auditor and their client regarding the status of PBC requests. It's a huge advantage to enable both parties to see the status of items both individually, and in total.

Cons

I don't like that I cannot set email alerts for specific folders within an engagement. As an auditor, we use folders to divide areas of the audut, and not everyone needs to be in the know about items in every folder.

Babita S.

User review

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

I have used this software for almost 5 years now and love it.

Pros

Ease of use and the real time update for all parties using, in my case, myself, my team and the clients. The help desk (chat function) is very timely.

Cons

Nothing really. I have suggested several updates all of which was incorporated over the time.

Olivia N.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

If you don't like it you just don't know how to use it

It has been great!!

Pros

Very simple for the client to see what needs to still be delivered. The files are sorted in such a simple way. I think it is nice that everyone can track the engagement well and it is easy to export the list to send to the client in a status update

Cons

The client struggles to know how to change between engagements, they don't know about the took. I wish I could remove myself from notifications on an engagement until I am on it again.