Microsoft Office Lens

OCR solution for businesses of all sizes

4.4 /5 (62 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.3
Verna A.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Outstanding capabilities

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

It's okay, it's no because with all my office software so I don't have to change a thing and even stores in Dropbox and everywhere else I need it.

Pros

Well I use office lens at home and at the office. The scanning software is amazing it does there's no smudges there's no glare when you skating any type of documents they come out at looking just like you type them up it's perfect for office use. The pros for me is as far as getting in the home photos and memories.
Office lens make photo's pop. office lens has the ability to take to make older faded worn photos look like you just snapped the picture yesterday. I've never had to go in and enhance a photo with office lens or change anything I could just scan it in and make a print copy beautifully. I had a free trial and ended up switching and not going back to my old Lenox.

Cons

I like you too. It's very easy software to use.

Ramesh S.
Industry: Media Production

Microsoft Office Review

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Overall you experience is very good I am for this software and also my collegues who use it .. Its the most widely package in my office.....

Pros

Its being over 20 yrs I a have being 20 yrs I being using this software apart from the existing features lots of new features are added over the years like autosave, now days it understands what you want to type ....Its simple to use and value for money. It can be any application I use from Word to excel or powerpoint the experience is amazing...You dont get lost if don't know anything the help button helps you...

Cons

Frankly there is nothing I really miss in the software . Almost all the features are there in the package.Only thing is it takes time to load otherwise its amazing

Andre luiz L.
Industry: Civil Engineering

versatility and everything

Reviewed on 11/09/2020

It is a formidable application. Great supplier quality and that makes file scanning much easier.

Pros

One of the best ways to digitize files using a smartphone. Compatible with several OS. It allows instant edits to the caputures and eliminates the need for large scanner equipment. With it you can scan files wherever you are using just a smartphone. Allows the user to choose the output format of the jpg jpg file among others.

Cons

I've never had any problems. However, it has a limitation that is the user's own, depending on the hardware of the equipment, it may be that a smartphone as a simpler camera cannot achieve an image quality.

Jessica B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Confusing Set-Up

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Took months to get set-up all the way completed as there was an issue with the Microsoft customer service reps not being able to assist with set-up or integration. Very frustrating experience.

Pros

Microsoft is one of the world's leading software's, so it integrates with most other products nicely.

Cons

The customer service for set-up was awful, took weeks to get everything properly set up and the customer service reps don't seem to know what they are talking about.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Dianne R.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Microsoft Lens user

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

Im now able to scan a document, or entire screen. I'm able to export into the Microsoft ecosystem.

Pros

The features i think are most impactful is being able to turn your computer of smartphone into a scanner that puts in business cards, documents and receipts into OneNote.

Cons

Only missing feature is not being able to save scanned documents into the gallery.

Gul S.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

One of the basic programs that you should have

Reviewed on 3/01/2020

Pros

Lens is a very useful program that converts everything into PDF documents for you. I use the free version, it is very practical.
The software automatically recognizes the documents, writings, pictures and fixes the edges so that the document angle in the picture looks perfect.

Cons

I generally like it, but I can say that sometimes it takes time to recognize some pictures.

Renea H.
Industry: Education Management

So glad I switched to Google Docs

Reviewed on 5/03/2020

When I asked for help, I was met with hyper-tech speak and they were condescending.

Pros

At first it was a novel program. It was hard to figure out, but once I found my way I was able to use it in it's simplest form.

Cons

I had NO IDEA all the bells and whistles that were attached to this program because it was NOT intuitive at all.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Tamás H.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

The best

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

Pros

I really like this app, because it is easy to use, scans documents, photos properly, and I can upload easily to OneDrive or share to my contacts.

Cons

Sometimes it takes too long time to upload my documents to OneDrive.

Vera A.
Industry: Human Resources

The Microsoft Office Lens App is useful for managing work and scans very quickly.

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2/09/2020

Pros

I liked using thApp, easy to use and when I scan small documents like a business card, even if I take it in any direction, I don't need to configure it, besides having several storage options. The App also differentiates a document with an object and the visualization is very clean and good.

Cons

Practical and useful App, but for example, it could improve when you scan a business card, the image could come out the same size, I thought the card came out with the big image and also the shutter sound is a little loud, it could have the option to decrease the volume.

Yasseen T.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Best scanner out there

Reviewed on 31/07/2020

Great overall performance compared to other alternatives out there and it works pretty well with the office suite

Pros

Very easy to use and innovative product that enables users to quickly scan documents or boards and then transforms these documents to legitimate scanned documents in various formats like pdf.

Cons

Sometimes on my android phone it lags and fails to save scanned documents. Also on minor occasions the app failed to recognise the document.

Alejandro Y.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

A completely free sw to store images of important data like blackboards, documents and pictures

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Excellent software to take quick pictures and share as professional documents and scans.

Pros

Absolutely free, no need for Office 365 to use it. You just have to have a normal outlook or live account. Or a Microsoft account. Great alternative to AdobeScan and CamScanner.
Automatic recognizance of documents, blackboard, pictures and business cards to store it to the optimum quality.
Automatically fix the document angle in the picture to make it look like
Cut or fix the picture to the size you want. It uses snaps to easily and faster image cutting.
For business cards, the infomation is extracted and can be shared as .vcf or store it in your phone.
All the pictures can be store in OneDrive as .docx (as OCR document), jpeg/png (in your phone gallery), .pdf, pptx, or in OneNote.
When saving to a document, the original and if it applied, the layers of the picture are saved.
For blackboards, the images are saved as picture and as drawings /stencils, so they can be copied and pasted to other documents or emails.
View the images saved in your phone and share.
Take pictures in bulk.
Change the resolution of the picture to take. By default it uses a medium resolution. Around 5mpx.

Cons

Sometimes slow but I can accept it because it is recognizing a lot of information in the picture, figuring out what is.
No document can be saved locally, only the pictures.

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Microsoft Office Lens -

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Pros

I have been using MIcroosft Office Lens for a long time and I am very satisfied. It is excellent to scan papers and documents in a fast way. It is really helpful and easy to use software. You can crop and edit your documents on the go and upload it on your cloud. I use it on a daily basis for my job and in personal life.

Cons

None. I like everything about Microsoft Office Lens.

Adriana E.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Love Microsoft Office Lens

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

I am saving my company a lot of time by using Office Lens. This is a very fast and easy way to send PDF's.

Pros

I love that i could scan stuff very easily by just taking a picture it automatically crops it for me, and it's ready to go. Easy as 1 - 2 - 3.

Cons

Theirs nothing bad to say about this application.

Sebastian L.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Really cool features

Reviewed on 6/02/2020

Overall, Office lens is a must-have application for every person that has either a Office 365 account or a personal Microsoft account. I use it almost every day to capture pictures of whiteboard drawings and upload them automatically to my OneNote.

Pros

It is really convenient to have a mobile scanner that uploads pictures taken of printed documents, whiteboards and even spreadsheets and converts them and stores in your preferred cloud storage solution.

Cons

It can be a bit confusing to set up, especially if you have both a personal Microsoft account and a Work or School account (Office 365) on your mobile. Sometimes it wants to save to your personal OneDrive but tries to authenticate with your work credentials.

Ludovic L.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Very good pocket scanner

Reviewed on 18/04/2020

Scanning documents or paperboard is now very simple !

Pros

Microsoft Office Lens is very easy to use. It is efficient for scanning documents with a smartphone or to backup paperboard for further use. It is fully integrated with OneDrive.

Cons

No great defaults for this product. OCR function sometimes needs manual correction, but this is accpetable for this kind of (free) product.

Barış E.
Industry: Chemicals

Life saver app!

Reviewed on 23/09/2019

Pros

As a worker in which paper works basically occupies half of the practical work you do, Microsoft Office Lens is a totally life saver app. It saves lots of time of your scanning stuff and never let you down. The quality of the PDF files it produces are always great. Lastly, it is such a good thing that the app is not forcing you to put watermarks on your scanned pictures in every mod like other similar apps in market.

Cons

First of all, the editing options are limited in this app. There should be more editing features on the pictures you scanned. Even the brightness is prefixed. Also, there should be saving option to google drive as well, not everyone is using the same cloud.

Haley J.
Industry: Education Management

Great Service

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

I loved using Microsoft Office Lens because it really helped increase my overall productivity at work throughout the day.

Pros

I loved using Microsoft Office Lens. I recently switched to a new service due to company policy but i really prefer Office Lens because of the diverse array of options for completing activities throughout my day.

Cons

Like many Microsoft products, Office Lens is not always compatible with Mac or Apple products. I often experience logouts or glitches when working on my iPhone or Mac computer.

Shawn B.
Industry: Retail
Company size: Self Employed

Like a pocket scanner

Reviewed on 17/11/2019

I have been using MS Office Lens for a while. I absolutely love it. I see my self frequently needing to scan papers and business cards and it works flawless. I have it save all my documents to OneDrive.

Pros

I like that it is literally like a scanner in your pocket. It can take photos of documents and whiteboards and turn them into perfect copies in Word and pdf files. You can easily store them in OneDrive. I also like that it automatically crops the paper or whiteboard to save you time.

Cons

I really didn’t dislike anything about them software.

Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Great software for those with little time for scanning documents.

Reviewed on 3/04/2020

Just fantastic - I highly recommend this software to anyone trying to reduce their need for scanning hardware.

Pros

It is simply great - I have a whiteboard session in the boardroom, then snap the board, instantly the board is documented in my Onedrive forever.

Cons

It could be faster, but really this is not an issue. The pros absolutely make up for any lagging of the software.

Andrés W.
Industry: Packaging & Containers

The photocopy room in my hand

Reviewed on 7/01/2020

I use Microsoft Office Lens to scan documents in a (almost) professional way. I keep all my documents into OneDrive, so the workflow is really easy.

Pros

Microsoft Office Lens lets you scan into PDF (or OCR) a document, screen, board or image.
It's a really powerful software and very smooth. It has the function to export it directly to the Microsoft Office ecosystem.

Cons

You can't save the scanned documents directly into the gallery. Sometimes it fails or crashes. Nothing else bad to say about it.

Hassan Z.
Industry: Utilities
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Helpful tool in our day to day tasks

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

It is really good and quick way to get our documents printed in no time and also very helpful in sharing with others

Pros

-It is very easy to use
-Easy to share
-Its results' quality is almost same as printer

Cons

-It takes too much space on mobile
-Its predicting engine is not as good as it should be to replace printer

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Alison P.
Industry: Government Administration

Office Lens - Usefull Tool

Reviewed on 28/01/2020

Office Lens is a very practical application that you can save when you need to scan documents, books and invoices. With simple processes, you can get digital versions of your documents and even better ones. Or, it is a pleasant surprise, a way to turn inaccuracies into Microsoft Word and PDF documents. Excellent for adjusting images.

Pros

Save everything in the cloud
Full integration with the Microsoft Office suite
Margin recognition

Cons

Does not OCR in handwritten text
Colors may be distorted

Katherine R.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Totally love it

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

Love it

Pros

I used to use cam scanner but this are so much better in so many ways, i can take pictures to whiteboard at my collage and save them in pretty high quality!

Cons

Nothing i love how it sincronize with my one drive cloud and i dont lose anything

Steve B.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

A fantastically-simple tool for getting all of those receipts for business travelers for expenses

Reviewed on 19/10/2019

When traveling for work, I use Office Lens to take pictures of all of my receipts in near-real-time and then have them available in a "scanned" look that is acceptable for accounting when I submit my expense reports.

Pros

Auto-corrects pictures taken from a phone to look more like they were scanned and not taken with a phone camera

Cons

Office Lens is a fantastic tool if using Microsoft products or companies that align with Microsoft; if you're not using such a product, it becomes a fancy photo editor.

Industry: Insurance

Ultimate mobile scanner

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 23/11/2019

It is very easy to use and capture information. In addition collating all of what you capture in the pages order is very easy on this app to do.

Pros

It has special scanning features such as capturing information from a whiteboard or business card or passport photo. It adjust amazingly well to capture various platforms.

Cons

It does not gives you an option to save output to a non-microsoft app on my phone although I can email whatever I scan.