8,689 reviews

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Cloud-based PDF reader for viewing and editing PDF documents

4.6 /5 (8689 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
8,689 reviews
Joshua K.
Industry: Retail
Company size: Self Employed

Highest Quality PDF Software, But Pricey!

Reviewed on 25/12/2019

I have been using Acrobat for years now. There are many uses for the software and it's hands down the best on the market. I've tried other PDF software, but they no where near compare to Acrobat in terms of functionality nor quality. I use it for everything from printing thermal shipping labels, editing PDFs, scanning documents and converting to OCR, and signing documents. The possibilities really are endless.

Pros

My absolute most favorite thing about Adobe Acrobat is the OCR scan function. I use my desktop scanner to scan in documents and the OCR function is able to accurately convert the document into readable, searchable, and editable text. I scan probably 2,000 pages of documents every month, so this definitely comes in handy when I want to go back later and find a particular document by searching for a couple keywords or particular content. Another one of my favorite things is the ability to edit any PDF. I can remove text/images, combine documents, sign pages, etc.

Cons

I have the professional version of Acrobat, so it does get a bit pricey. Adobe now gives you access to the software by charging a flat monthly or annual rate for a 1-year license. Previously, you could just buy the software outright. The only benefit to paying for an annual license is that you never have to worry about the software being outdated or bug-ridden. With Acrobat being the best PDF software on the market, I sort of see the cost-factor as something that's practically inevitable.

Lauren H.
Industry: Entertainment

Juggling The Act

Reviewed on 9/04/2020

I believe this application has a lot to offer and has the potential to reach even further. I appreciate its flexibility as a design software and as a business product.

Pros

The one thing I love most about Acrobat Reader DC is its velocity and functionality in editing PDF layouts. Most designers don't realize the importance of having the tools necessary to alter the appearance and elements within the Photo Document. ARDC gives us the opportunity to see the layout as it is and provides the user with the chance to take it even further in design elements, measurements, and color structure.

Cons

I do wish that the snapping to grid and movement of the PDF elements would be more smooth in terms of placing them in new parts of the document.

Best PDF program available

Reviewed on 10/10/2020

It has changed the way that I use and edit documents, share with employees, etc.

Pros

Adobe has integrated with all Microsoft products, and now allows easy editing, sharing, formatting, and sending by link.

Cons

It can sometimes be difficult to deal with a locked document, or convert a PDF to a Word document if it isn't clear.

Candace E.
Industry: Computer Software

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a great document editing tool!

Reviewed on 7/04/2018

The benefits of utilizing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application include being able to operate across hardware such as Windows 10 or Mac Sierra. Other benefits include interfacing of other software applications such as Microsoft One Drive or DropBox. Additional benefits include being able to utilize Adobe Acrobat Reader DC conveniently with the Adobe Scan mobile application uploading files as well as transferring to electronic files. Moreover, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC benefits consist of creating standard PDF files. Overall, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a great tool that assist with the collaboration of data amongst colleagues.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC offers document management with various tools and options. With options to comment on documents, electronically sign a document, or organize pages, document management is made simple with a downloadable software application. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a windows application that allows users to add text to PDF file type documents. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a great tool to collaborate with colleagues creating manuals, booklets, or pamphlets. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC gives users the ability to add hyperlinks to documents and add various special characters to authorize documents for human resources personnel.

Cons

Limited options may vary depending on the type of subscription of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC registered user. Limited organizational tools are available depending on the subscription type of the end user. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC connects other accounts to access files. Combine files is not available with the basic account type. The action wizard nor send for comments is available with a standard subscription, which limits the options for editing documentation.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Feyisayo E.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Good software to maneuver any pdf file

Reviewed on 10/07/2020

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC save my business time need to convert docs across formats and put an extra layer of security on the documents. It is somewhat cheap to afford too.

Pros

I like Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for many reasons but the reasons below are my best

1. Easy of export to other formats. I think the export is more of conversion to other formats

2. I like the fact that I am able to use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to view my PDF docs even when the license has expired.

3. Before Adobe Acrobat Reader DC was introduced editing PDF file was very difficult for me. I like the fact that I am able to maneuver the PDF files. I can Edit text and image, Merge and delete pages, rearrange and even put a signature on documents.

4. I also like the security feature that comes with it because it restrict access to my pdf when I dont want people to access it.

Cons

1. I dont like the recent integration of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC with Adobe creative cloud it makes setting up and purchase of the software difficult.

2. The customer support is not superb too.

Jesse L.

Hands Down, the Best PDF Tool Available

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

Acrobat is well worth the price, and is unbelievably easy to set up and use.

Pros

I love how easy it is to fill, sign and send documents for signatures. I use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC daily to send payment requests to my supervisor. It was very easy to set up and help other team members learn how to sign and submit documents.

Cons

Sometimes I run into errors where I am locked out of my account and unable to use the Sign feature. I have been able to figure out solutions, but these errors halt productivity when they happen, which is rare.

Abinadi R.
Industry: Computer & Network Security
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Acrobat Reader DC the ultimate tool to create|Modify and read PDF and more

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

It is all you need if you need to work with PDF files if you have the Pro version you will have even more tools to create all you need

Pros

As a PM I need to use Acrobat all day to every day to create, edit, review, create forms and more using the tool. I can certainly confirm it is the benchmark for all PDF readers out there. All the resources are great and the ability to act like a add-on for other tools like MS office it's great.

Cons

There is a very small issue with the form creation wizard that fails to identify some fields however overall it simply works great

Anthony B.
Industry: Financial Services

Adobe Reader DC - The No. 1 Document Image Software

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

We, like most businesses, use it daily, and have a fairly good experience all round.

Pros

Adobe Reader is universal as everyone knows what is a PDF. It is intuitive and secure, allowing electronic documents to de deployed over the digital network.

Cons

Adobe has a learning curve, and it is a little complex to merge and edit bundles. The full suite is expensive, but the free Reader is a great gift to the world.

Andre C.
Industry: Accounting

Use the best with Adobe Acrobat Reader

Reviewed on 10/10/2020

Adobe Acrobat Reader is the industry standard and is trusted in providing a stable electronic document viewing and form filling.

Pros

Ease of use, cross-platform support, small footprint, Quick load. Shows document as created across all platforms. Integration into operating systems.

Cons

Ability to request update within the software if reader version is not the compatible version of Adobe Acrobat Reader

David T.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Adobe Acrobat - does what it always has

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

Does what I need it to do

Pros

It's reliable and easy to use. If you do any kind of manipulation of .pdf it's pretty much a need.

Cons

The cost is a bit high - but anything that says Adobe on it usually is.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Khan md mohaiuminul islam S.
Industry: Civil Engineering

User friendly with large pdf file, easy to handle

Reviewed on 25/10/2020

I have been using several pdf readers for a couple of years, when it comes to open a large file I never have seen any other option then adobe acrobat reader. At first, it takes time to open, it’s not an ideal part for me, but when it runs I can not complain about its service. The interface of this software is user friendly, I can find every in my hand when I use it. In the past, when I work for too long, I forgot to save my works, sometimes software crashes. So my advice to save your work-time to time, unless you may lose some of your work.

Pros

Though it takes some time to start in the first place, it can open both large and small files at ease, I can easily operate it not like other pdf readers. Zoom feature is user-friendly and it’s too easy for me to operate. Text editing is another thing I often use to edit my documents. In large file, page rotation is taking very low time in acrobat reader, I mean I can do this in no time. Just like other pdf readers, I can use pdf exporting, margin, editing, organizing, etc with minimum effort.

Cons

Waiting-part! When I open a small or large file it takes too much time to open, they need to make it quick. When I work for too long sometimes it crushes also.

Charlotte D.
Industry: Automotive

INCREDIBLE product if you have the license

Reviewed on 23/07/2020

My overall experience using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is great, as long as I have the license.
I find myself very frustrated when I need to edit or change the orientation of a PDF file and find that my license has expired or I need to renew my account.
My overall opinion is to purchase this product when it's a part of a bundle of other software. I have the Creative Cloud package that includes plenty of design, photography and videography editing software.

Pros

This software is not only easy to use, but the number of options you have are almost endless. I love this software specifically for editing ability on PDFs. If you are stuck with only a PDF file, you are able to convert to a Word document, a JPEG or PNG image, even an Excel file. But not only that, you are able to access and fill Forms and Certificates, Share files for comparing, stamping or comments, and even customize PDFs.
This software is absolutely amazing for anyone who finds themselves creating documents, PDFs, or forms for their business and want the capability to change anything even after it's saved.

You don't realize how much you really love this product until you need to edit a PDF, convert a PDF into another file or simply combine multiple PDF pages together. Many online free tools that do this don't work to the same extent as Adobe.

Cons

The biggest con regarding this software is the price and license required to use it. If you don't pay for this specific software or a package that involves it, then you are unable to use any of the features. Most of the features available on this software are really beneficial for anyone in business to use. You are able to sign documents, auto-fill, combine PDFs, edit and change PDFs, compare files, send them for comments and so much more. These options are very important for all aspects of business, and it can become very irritating when you lose the license or don't have it.
I haven't found any similar product for free or less money.

Ricky T.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Must have for anyone who work with documents!

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

Not sure how business can function without Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It essential for us to manage and create PDF documents. Definitely a must-have!

Pros

It's an essential software needed for documents. Here are a few I find the most useful:

1. I prepare a lot of documents with form fields in Microsoft Word first and convert them into PDF. Using the Prepare Form tool which automatically detects form fields and puts text fields is such a helpful feature and such a time saver. Feels like an auto form-fill creator. I can't imagine spending time manually inputting text fields onto a PDF file.
2. I use the bookmarks feature a lot. It's such an easy way to allow the users to open a document and see where all the main sections of the documents are. To allow users to click on a bookmark and take them to a specific page on a document has made it easier for our clients/investors/customers to navigate our large documents. If you ever use bookmarks you should definitely make sure to set the initial view when opening a document to Bookmarks Panel and Page (under document properties > initial view > navigation tab).
3. Reduced Size PDF so useful when trying to compress files. These are extremely helpful for us when employees take pictures of receipts for reimbursement. But default phone pictures can average like 1-2MBs. All I do is open the pictures in PDF and click "Save As Other" > "Reduced Size PDF" and it reduces the file size up to 8-10 times smaller than the original size.
4. The redact tool is a handy and user-friendly feature when you want to make sure only certain parts of the document are viewable.

Cons

1. There are times it glitches/freezes/crashes, but not often
2. The most irritating thing for me when using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is when I'm trying to set the zoom level for multiple bookmarks. For some reason, you need to select each individual bookmark and manually select the zoom level. There should be a feature where sets the zoom level for all bookmarks to be the same. Or be able to select all bookmarks and set the zoom level. I've seen plugins where you can buy at a hefty price to do this feature. But I don't understand why it isn't built into the system already.

Nick C.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Necessary for Professionals

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

My business entails the frequent filling of forms—be it reports, grant requests, progress notes, or the odd document that someone has photographed on their 2010 model camera phone and sent through an MMS message. I have gone from filling these out by hand, to trying to recreate the documents in a word processor so that I could type in my responses, to using word processing software and older products to create Text boxes that could then be filled in. I cannot overstate the amount of time saved by using DC, both in creating and filling in forms. Adobe solved a problem that I had for years. The solution is well worth the price. I feel certain that there are products that do similar things. However, I have yet to have had a reason to consider trying anything but DC.

Pros

This software does just about everything that the word processing software products are not able to do. It is next to impossible to narrow down a single feature as my favorite. If pressed, though, I would have to go with the form creation capabilities of DC. This is a bonus on two fronts. First, Adobe has mastered their trade when it comes to recognizing potential form fields in existing documents. Downloaded or scanned documents quickly become easy-to-fill-in forms that do not require tedious tinkering with a text box arrow. Secondly, the ability to create your own document with forms is outstanding. Whether it is a multi-page application that would benefit from linked fields or a simple order form that needs preserved formatting, DC gives you the ability to create it both quickly and without a tremendous learning curve.

Cons

This software does exactly what I need it to do and more. The market is filled with word processing software products that fulfill that need, and Adobe does not claim to go up against them with DC. However, there are times when using DC that I have wished that some of the commands that have been available to me for ages in other brands’ software on the word processing side were available in DC.

Industry: Consumer Goods
Company size: Self Employed

Getting better by the month

Reviewed on 20/03/2020

VERY easy to use, extremely handy program that works on many platforms, ie. PC, Mac, mobile phone - Android and iPhone. Even though I only personally use it for quite basic operations, I'm sure that someone in an office environment, such as accounting or administration and most certainly, the graphics type industries, would find Adobe Reader DC very useful and user-friendly indeed.

Pros

Easy to use Fill and Sign function allowing tiff or jpeg files of your signature to be added and are then legal. Companies that send you editable PDFs allow for quick filling in of forms and returning them. So many programs now offer 'Save as PDF' so this program will quickly open them for you to browse/edit. When saving to PDF in pro version (I believe) you can save with Password Protection which you then send to only the person you wish to view the document. This adds quite a good level of security for sensitive documents. The icon sub menu is quite good also with features such as Print, Save to Adobe Document Cloud, Find Text (magnifying glass), Add Sticky Note, Highlight Text, Add Sticky Note, Sign and Edit Text. Clicking on the Tools menu offers you even more.

Cons

When using on older computers, the opening and scrolling times can be quite long. It's yet another in the growing list of programs that offer you the option of Saving to the 'Cloud'. So unless you are totally fine with submitting your documents to a server somewhere ... anywhere ... in the world that you (probably) don't know where it actually is, then go for it. I personally use my own storage space which is getting cheaper by the day, value-for-capacity wise.

Isaac F.
Industry: Tobacco

Great too for daily use

Reviewed on 12/03/2020

Acrobat Reader DC allows me to convert any Word or Excel document into a read only portable format compatible with any operating system. For instance, I can send important external documents like CVs, customer statements, contracts etc in a non editable format. I have also used Acrobat Reader DC when doing supplier and customer reconciliations where I just use the highlight function to mark those statement items I've reconciled already.
Each time I get a new device - phone or PC, I ensure that Acrobat Reader DC is one of the first applications I install since its a handy tool for my day to day tasks.
I also use the read out loud tool to listen to motivational and financial wellness books when I am busy with other things and can not engage in reading

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a universal tool compatible with any operating system, be it Windows, Apple or Android. So, if you use these you will not have worries regarding formats etc as you can just open the document on any of the devices. You can also edit, comment and insert signatures. It allows you to open various documents organised across tabs which you can navigate across. When Acrobat Reader DC closes unexpectedly, it prompts you to restore your previous session with all tabs the next time you open the application. It also shows you recently opened files for easy access.
The Read Out Loud functionality allows users to listen to audio instead of reading which is helpful when reading long text like a book or for people with hearing disabilities.
Document Cloud allows Acrobat Reader DC to integrate online and solve storage, mobility and logistics problems. You can also collaborate with other users through the cloud and document share tool. In addition, you can combine files and compress for ease of operating.

Cons

To enjoy full features, one should have subscribed to the level of the features they want. So, for instance, if you are using the free version, you get limited functionality e.g. editing PDF documents is not available in free version. Also, if a PDF document was created by the free version, one can easily import it to Microsoft Word and edit then convert back to PDF.

Chandler I.
Industry: Construction

Daily Tool for Just About Everything

Reviewed on 9/03/2020

Overall, I am SO GRATEFUL for this software. I truly could not do my job as efficiently without it. It makes day-to-day tasks so much easier and is a "one-stop-shop" for document editing and management. Easy to use, well-priced, and multifunctional....it's a no-brainer to use it.

Pros

This software is a tool for several aspects of my job. I use it to edit and redline house plans, send documents out for signatures, create job books, create marketing materials, and more. I use the edit & comment tools most frequently. I'm able to completely measure and mark up plans with specific notes and diagrams, and every plans goes through Adobe before we send the construction drawings to the field. With Job books, I'm able to organize all of the pages and rearrange them as needed. It is easy to combine documents and send for client signatures...I honestly couldn't do my job without this software.

Cons

Sometimes the software has trouble identifying scanned images and won't recognize the text...it will change the text to some gibberish and I have to completely close the window to make sure I don't permanently mess up the plan set. One other area I think could be confused is the ability to click and drag photos to the documents if the "add image" tool is open. Right now if you do that, it opens the image as a new PDF.

Adiola C.
Industry: Farming

Acrobat reader DC a very useful tool

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

As an Accounts Clerk , Acrobat reader helps me with easier access to suppliers invoices . it also enables me to make some changes to farmer's contract forms . The software can be installed in my mobile phone that can help me work on my documents from home even without a desktop, thus saving me a lot of time and stress.

Pros

I started using Acrobat reader when I began my ACCA program. I use it to open my PDF notes. Acrobat reader is the most fast, reliable and easy software which enables me to access my notes in a very quick way. Acrobat reader has a number of helpful tools such as zoom in and out which enables me to reduce or increase the size of text and page in order to read my notes clearly. It also has a search function that enables me to quickly search any text , word or page within my PDF notes ,thus saving me a lot of time rather than going through each and every page. Apart from using it to read my notes , Acrobat reader also helps me to open PDF files for work purposes and also make some changes as would be directed by my superiors. It gives me access to most recent files which I consider very convenient. Acrobat Reader doesn't require internet access that means that anyone can access it anywhere and anytime. I highly recommend Acrobat reader as the most reliable and useful software

Cons

Apart from a lot of benefits that comes with using Acrobat reader , there are very few disadvantages. It requires skills in order to use it efficiently. Users with little or no experience may find it very difficult to open a document and make some changes to it. Acrobat Reader also has a mini floating toolbar beneath its page which usually disappear when the user wants to put it in the upper bar , this can make it a little harder for the user to to use as well as deactivate it especially users with little experience with the software

Nadia B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

Easy viewing of PDFs, and enough functionality to manage

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

Acrobat Reader has always allowed me to quickly and securely open and read PDFs. It's a daily necessity, and I truly appreciate that I've never encountered security breeches, technical issues or anything else of the sort while using it. It's reliable, well made and durable as a tool. I have sometimes used the paid plan which is also very valuable -- it has allowed me to edit PDFs to personalize them or sign documents and return them.

Pros

Acrobat Reader is a useful PDF reader, and I've relied on it to securely open PDFs that contain sensitive information. It's also incredibly useful to edit a PDF, but for that you do need to upgrade to a paid version. It's a functional, appealing interface to navigate PDFs, and it's generally pretty intuitive to use.

Cons

While overall easy to use, I don't always easily find the functionalities I'm looking for. Sometimes I have to click around for quite a while to locate the tool I need. I also wish that the editing option was available in the free plan! I think a basic editing tool could be included in the free plan while other more advanced options could stay in the paid plan.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Alicia G.
Industry: Construction

Create Professional Documents With Ease

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Overall,
Creating PDF's, printing and saving documents as PDF's and having my customers use the forms I've created, has been a great experience. Adobe has really stepped up their game since I first started using this software years ago. I look forward to seeing what new features Adobe will bring in future! It is obvious they listen to their customers feedback!

Pros

I love that I can create contracts within word or excel and save them as a PDF. I can send these contracts to my customer, they can sign the document and send it back to me. I never have to worry about them altering the contract context. They have the capability to leave comments where they need to see a change, but never the actual document itself. I love that I can protect my forms.
Speaking of forms, I like that I can create forms that can be filled in with ease. I use specific forms everyday, knowing that all the jargon is there and I just need to fill in a few items gives me a sense of ease. I don't have to worry about creating a document and with every use, I have to worry about how it could be affected throughout. I don't have to worry about lining things up perfectly every time. It's all there! Just fill in the blanks!

Cons

I said I love the forms.... I do not love how difficult it is to create. Unless you watch a few "How-To" videos, one would never know how to create these PDF's. I love that I have the option to create a reusable document, but understanding how to generate the "fill in the blank" areas, are not as easy. It seems like everything else is pretty easy to understand and navigate through with the exception of that. Had I not have an experienced coworker to help, this process would be more frustrating than it's worth.

David O.
Industry: Printing

Solid PDF Work Flow Tool

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Overall, I feel that Acrobat Reader is a good tool especially for those that don't need to do much with PDFs other than read or store them. If you need to do any editing, you will be disappointed. The full blown version of Acrobat is your solution then. It is not perfect either, but it will allow you to better function in a world that uses PDFs more everyday.

Pros

Being both a graphic designer and working on the sales and logistics side of my company, I use Acrobat all day for a variety of purposes. I am constantly working with PDFs from artwork to sales proposals, to freight quotes to internal company documents. Acrobat Reader lets communicate in the basic language of grahpic design and business communciatoin which is the PDF. It lets me email critical information contained in electronic files so I can distribute them to customers, suppliers or team members or so I can file them just for my own record keeping.

Cons

I do have some issues with the editing features/tools found in Acrobat Reader so I use the full version of Acrobat more regularly. I do wish the Adobe formatted Acrobat to function and appear more like both Illustrator and InDesign. This is not a major flaw as most people don't have the familiarity with those programs as I do. I just find that Adobe should try to make its products more similar than they do at this time so you don't seem to move out of the Adobe world when moving between their graphic design apps.

Cher K.
Industry: Computer Hardware
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The Gold Standard

Reviewed on 13/01/2020

It's hard to imagine not having Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I use this software daily for reading pdf documents. I have used both the free version and the paid Pro version. The Pro is well worth paying for. It is so full featured, allowing the user to create and edit pdfs, as well as to get signatures on documents. You can convert images and other types of documents to pdf files. With the Pro version, you can find text within a document, and most importantly for me - you can export data from a pdf to Microsoft Office documents. I rely heavily on Adobe Reader to provide me with the tools I need to extract data from the pdf files that I receive from colleagues and customers. It's a powerful tool and one I am grateful to have at my fingertips. It's very straightforward to use, and the feature set is extremely robust. I would recommend it to anyone who sends or receives pdf files during the course of their day.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is the best pdf editing/creation tool on the market today. I use it daily in my job, where I receive pdfs with information I need to extract from both customers and colleagues. I use the Pro version of this software to extract the data into Office documents where I can work with the information. If I didn't have Adobe Reader I would be in the position of having to key information from the files I receive into spreadsheets - that wouldn't be very efficient! Instead, Adobe makes my job easier and is the tool I need to extract the data and get working with the information.

Cons

I don't have any cons to report. The feature set is quite robust, so it might take some time for a new user to get their arms around all the different things this software can do. But you don't need to be able to do everything with it at the outset. The basic things you need to do are easy to figure out. You can get more advanced at editing documents as you get into it, if you need that functionality.

Alicia P.
Industry: Financial Services

Premier program for PDFs

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

For my team, this is now a necessary program. Purchasing single software licenses for this product has been worth it for multiple members of my team who previously used the free reader. I can't see us not using this product for years to come due to all the capabilities it has.

Pros

This software enables me to do more with PDFs. It is a time saver to be able to combine documents, add new pages, edit page content, remove pages, etc. One of my favorite things is the 'compare documents' feature, which allows the user to compare two documents and it highlights each and every change (whether it is formatting, or if content is moved/added/removed). The preflight panel is also key, which allows the user to make sure the document is set for printing and sending, along with decreasing file size. The premier feature is the comment option, where multiple users can add sticky notes - great for editing requests or having a conversion with another about the document. Creating a form is also highly useful.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues editing the document due to corrupted fonts, which can be solved through the preflight panel, but can be troublesome when more than one person is working on a document at a time. I also do not like that they removed the standard 'signature' form feature (you must use Adobe Sign now).

Dan B.
Industry: Medical Practice

A very user friendly pdf viewer and editor

Reviewed on 28/11/2019

I love the ease of use for highlighting sections of text - there is no need to be precise, it will automatically select the text. The sticky note function is very clear and easy to read for adding notes.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use for marking up a pdf file, and the fact that pdf files are very common and used everywhere - especially government sites like tax files or application forms.

Cons

The software loads kind of slow most of the time at startup. I have a decent laptop, and other comparable software loads a bit quicker.

Lynn B.

Costly but necessary

Reviewed on 9/09/2019

Overall, I don't think I could do business efficiently (or at all) without Adobe. It is required for so many websites that I interact with, as well as forms that I need to download for my law practice. I am not happy that it is an ongoing subscription instead of a flat fee, but ultimately it is worth having.

Pros

I like all the functions that are available in Adobe (I have been using Adobe Acrobat DC, which might be a different version of Adobe Reader DC). Adobe has a lot of functionality and it relatively easy to use. It is a necessity for doing business in my opinion because so many downloads and websites require it.

Cons

I don't like that I have to pay a monthly subscription fee. I would prefer to pay one flat fee for a product instead of paying in perpetuity for it. Also, I have run into a few snags with the functionality of it. When filling in documents, it seems to have a mind of its own sometimes - fonts change, spacing changes, typing goes vertical instead of horizontal. It can be frustrating at times.